Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction  (Read 220704 times)

Offline BBMfan1

• Alma Jr.
Re: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards (Feb 20)
« Reply #570 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:07 PM »
This is such a RUSH after the fiasco at the Screen Actors Guild awards.  I couldn't hold back the tears of joy when Jake won!!!!!!!  And the same for Ang Lee and Best Picture award.  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was enhanced by the posts on this thread.  It was timed so that as I read the posts it corresponded with the broadcast!  Almost as good as watching with a room full of friends!   Great night, indeed!

It's snowing so it looks like I'll have a "snow day" tomorrow!!! Even better!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #571 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Yes. BBMfan1. Be sure to join us for the Oscar on March 5th.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #572 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:18 PM »

yes he did!!! i'm wondering what this could possibly mean! *dreams of Jake & Peter, Peter & Jake* ahem ahem what? a girl can dream .. right?  ;)  ;D

Umm,who is Peter?

Jennis.x And does anyone know who it was sat next to Jake at the Bafta's.One of his pals or another actor(or both.lol)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #573 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Umm,who is Peter?

Jennis.x And does anyone know who it was sat next to Jake at the Bafta's.One of his pals or another actor(or both.lol)

Jennis, I wonder about that too. Who is peter and the guy sitting next to Jake?
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tireiron

• Lureen
Re: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction
« Reply #574 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Could anyone say which BAFTA clip is which, for those of us with slow
dial-up connections?  So far I've seen

Jake's acceptance
the Rising Star award
Visual Effects award

Are the Director, Movie, and Screenplay clips available yet?

Thanks for any help.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #575 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:30 PM »
Could anyone say which BAFTA clip is which, for those of us with slow
dial-up connections?  So far I've seen

Jake's acceptance
the Rising Star award
Visual Effects award

Are the Director, Movie, and Screenplay clips available yet?

Thanks for any help.

tireiron, you have seen what I have. Haven't seen the three you mention. I am searching for them and will post them when I find them.

Jake's speech for download - http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BEDU6K72NG0P2GGQDGCI9FTGS

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #576 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:37 PM »
Umm,who is Peter?

oh guys.. Peter Sargaard !! lol

but i don't know who that was sitting next to him!! probably it was his secret bf! who knows!?! ;) teehee  :P
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline hidesert

• Alma
Re:SCREEN CAPS... LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards (Feb 20)
« Reply #577 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:40 PM »
This is Jake just before he went on stage to present.Stepehn Fry,the Bafta's presenter said this.

" To present this award,an incredibly talented young man,about whom i could wax lyrical all night.And indeed for whom last night.I just plain waxed.I hope he'll notice."...lol

He then went on to introduce him as the sensational Jake Gyllenhaal.Jake was shaking his head backstage and laughing.Heres a few piccies of it.

Jennis.x

Fry's comments are just the start.  A little softening up for Jon Stewart at the Oscars.  The comedy writer for the Oscars is very well known Bruce Vilanch (http://www.wegotbruce.com/) - he's an openly gay Hollywood icon. 

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #578 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:49 PM »

but i don't know who that was sitting next to him!! probably it was his secret bf! who knows!?! ;) teehee  :P

Peter Sarsgaard starred with Jake in "Jarhead".  Sarsgaard is dating Jake's sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal.  There are photos of all three of them at the LA premiere of BBM.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3910/Events/3910/MaggieGyll_Cohen_6622396_400.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0388795

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3910/Events/3910/MaggieGyll_Cohen_6621885_400.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0388795

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2006, 11:40 PM by hidesert »

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #579 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:53 PM »
With BAFTA pretty much ignoring Constant Gardener, Rachel Weisz's Oscar chances might be diminished somewhat...making room for Michelle!
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #580 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Umm,who is Peter?

Thankyou honey!!! That's cleared that up.But umm,Maggies b/f and Jake...lol
I'm just watching Jake on the red carpet.AGAIN!.It's so funny.He's in stitches giggling.Ruby'mental'Wax is asking if he will pee on her if she gets stung by a jelly fish tonight.(He said he would.)She said a lot more as well.They bleeped out all her swearing...lol. I don't think he has encountered an interview like that.The woman is mad...lol

Jennis.x

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #581 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:59 PM »
[Fry's comments are just the start.  A little softening up for Jon Stewart at the Oscars.  The comedy writer for the Oscars is very well known Bruce Vilanch (http://www.wegotbruce.com/) - he's an openly gay Hollywood icon. 

Shall look forward to the Oscars.Does Jon Stewart present The Daily Show?

Jennis.x

Offline chrissy323

• Alma
« Reply #582 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Umm,who is Peter?

I thought that was Austin Nichols sitting next to him

"No More Beans"

"Beans 'bout all we got left"

"We got to do somethin' 'bout this food situation. Maybe I'll shoot one of the sheep"

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em"

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #583 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:09 PM »
[?

I thought that was Austin Nichols sitting next to him

No Chrissy,it wasn't Austin.Maybe the papers will mention it tomorrow.
Jennis.x

Offline chrissy323

• Alma
« Reply #584 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:15 PM »
I'm too lazy to go through 20 plus pages of messages, so if this was posted before I apologize.

I was trying to follow the live thread and I thought someone said that Heath accepted the screenplay award. I just watched the BBC America Broadcast and didn't see it. I don't know if I missed it or if it wasn't shown because that broadcast was only 2 hours and included commercials. Is that clip posted somewhere?

Thanks,
Chrissy
"No More Beans"

"Beans 'bout all we got left"

"We got to do somethin' 'bout this food situation. Maybe I'll shoot one of the sheep"

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #585 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I'm too lazy to go through 20 plus pages of messages, so if this was posted before I apologize.

I was trying to follow the live thread and I thought someone said that Heath accepted the screenplay award. I just watched the BBC America Broadcast and didn't see it. I don't know if I missed it or if it wasn't shown because that broadcast was only 2 hours and included commercials. Is that clip posted somewhere?

Thanks,
Chrissy

that is what I read in the thread but I have not seen the video clip. Don't have BBC here.

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #586 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:33 PM »
Shall look forward to the Oscars.Does Jon Stewart present The Daily Show?

Jennis.x

Yes, Stewart is the host of "The Daily Show" on Comedy Central.  Comedy Central is a cable channel here - don't know if you get it in the UK.  He's very funny in a dead pan delivery style.  Also expect him to make some political jokes which the Hollywood audience will love. 

I hope George Clooney will be presenting as he and Stewart would play off each other very well.  George got the audience going at the start of the Globes with a great political joke when he accepted the Best Supporting Actor Globe.

Offline francis.shim

• aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
« Reply #587 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Yeehaw!!!

Lookin' mighty fine from 'ere!!!  Now it's time to rope in those Oscars next!

Congratulations to the "Brokeback Mountain" cast and crew... 4 BAFTAs is sensational!!!

"Jack Nasty loves you all!!!"

Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)

Offline BBM Obsessed

• Alma
  • BBM Obsessed!!
« Reply #588 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:46 PM »

I'm still dancing on the ceiling over the four BBM BAFTA wins, especially Jake's!  :D   I noticed that he left Anne Hathway's name out of his acceptance speech, after acknowledging everyone else.  With the utter shock of the win affecting him the way it did, I'm sure it's just an oversight.  :-[  I hope the "rags" don't start the negative stuff now about Jake "slighting" Anne...  I got sick of Heath purportedly turning anti-Jake and vice versa >:(, especially when it's obvious those guys really like each other, just as the four main actors respect each other (as in the Oprah appearance). 

I'm still hopeful there will be an upset at the Oscars and Heath will finally get the validation he deserves!  When that happens you'll be sure to find me doing a tarantula on my roof top.   ;D
"I'm not a human being having a spiritual experience, rather I'm a spiritual being having a human experience."  :)

Offline karind1

• Jack
« Reply #589 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:54 PM »

Has someone recorded Jake's speech!!!!..........
i know i'am asking for too much!......

he was BEST today..........

I'm recording the whole show...will put onto Youtube and post them later. As someone said earlier there is an awful lot of references to BBM..just shows the impact it's had.

Tom

Thank You Tom

here is jakes acceptance speech  i am still early reading the thread

Offline francis.shim

• aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
« Reply #590 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:55 PM »

I'm still dancing on the ceiling over the four BBM BAFTA wins, especially Jake's!  :D   I noticed that he left Anne Hathway's name out of his acceptance speech, after acknowledging everyone else.  With the utter shock of the win affecting him the way it did, I'm sure it's just an oversight.  :-[  I hope the "rags" don't start the negative stuff now about Jake "slighting" Anne...  I got sick of Heath purportedly turning anti-Jake and vice versa >:(, especially when it's obvious those guys really like each other, just as the four main actors respect each other (as in the Oprah appearance). 

I'm still hopeful there will be an upset at the Oscars and Heath will finally get the validation he deserves!  When that happens you'll be sure to find me doing a tarantula on my roof top.   ;D

Then we'll just have to call you "Spidergirl" or "Black Widow" or something....

Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #591 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Jake,when he heard he had won best supporting actor,and the almost Heath kiss.
Jennis.x

he almost kissed Heath!! awww

Jack Nasty loves him!  ;D
Thank You thank You, this is truly memorable[/b]
Yeah,it's so adorable.Have you seen a clip of it?I'm not sure what's up on the net.I haven't had time to check yet.

Jennis.x

here u go hon..

thanks to Ethan for this clip!
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #592 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:26 AM »

That would be sweet. Jake winning was amazing and I love his enthusiasm! But my man Heath needs an award for his brilliant work in BBM. Don't want to see him slighted again by PSH.

p.s. loved the almost kiss thing with Heath :)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #593 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:32 AM »
That would be sweet. Jake winning was amazing and I love his enthusiasm! But my man Heath needs an award for his brilliant work in BBM. Don't want to see him slighted again by PSH.

p.s. loved the almost kiss thing with Heath :)

Howdy, ennisandjack. Glad to see your post. Yes. What a great night with Jake's winning. Too bad Heath and Michelle went home empty again. Hope there will be a big upset for PSH.  :D

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #594 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:13 AM »
More photos

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2006, 06:58 PM by Frog123 »

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #595 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:29 AM »
The idea to u/load more than 1 at a time is rot...it just multiplied the u/load time by 4.

And there was still only 1 at the end

http://www.youtube.com/?v=uTNrtlxUB5c

Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #596 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:32 AM »
The idea to u/load more than 1 at a time is rot...it just multiplied the u/load time by 4.

And there was still only 1 at the end

http://www.youtube.com/?v=uTNrtlxUB5c

Tom..are you still up or you are already awake. I hope you did get some sleep.

Thanks so much for these clips. Do we have the clips of BBM winning Best Picture, Best Screenplay and Best Director?

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #597 on: Feb 20, 2006, 02:26 AM »
God, I thought for sure Jake was going to plant one on Heath's lips, but alas he didnt...   ::)

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #598 on: Feb 20, 2006, 02:47 AM »
God kids, I love this site. You all are so awesome. Dare we hope for a sweep on Oscar night? I haven't seen "Capote" but damn Heath deserves it.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #599 on: Feb 20, 2006, 02:48 AM »
God kids, I love this site. You all are so awesome. Dare we hope for a sweep on Oscar night? I haven't seen "Capote" but damn Heath deserves it.

Why not? Let's hope for a sweep on Oscar night. Heath so deserves it, may it be March 5.  :D