Author Topic: did u notice ? one mismatch i don't understand  (Read 36355 times)

Offline haveacrush

• Lureen
  • whut ? (the famous say-it-all-in-a-word "whut?")
did u notice ? one mismatch i don't understand
« on: Jul 21, 2012, 02:00 PM »
in FNIT , jack and ennis were fully dressed and it was cold "quit hammering" ... while in SNIT jack was settling down to sleep in a bare torso ?? i mean i do understand he looked better  ;) but was this consciously done ? isnt this a bit inappropriate ( although i have no complaints  ;D)
let be let be

Offline kitty

• Old Brokeback got me good
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Save a horse, ride a cowboy! Yeehaw!
Re: did u notice ? one mismatch i don't understand
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2012, 04:58 PM »
I think that since Ennis had basically agreed that their affair could continue, Jack wanted to ease him in to the more intimate and romantic side of sex; the polar opposite of their first time. Jack was falling in love with Ennis, so I guess he didn't want to spook him. The FNIT was spontaneous, but they had to take things slowly the second time. There are a few fanfics out there of this night, all of them wonderful <^(

Offline youbet

• Alma Jr.
  • No more beans
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2016, 07:08 AM »
i would agree a little odd , the men were mostly dressed full apart from when they were washing. and than means that Jack deliberately did this, he was taking his chance awwwe
Tell you what . . .  Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it

Offline Petter Gusten

• Alma
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2016, 01:56 PM »
I have always (more than 10 years now) was confused about that. One night they are freezzing, the next they can sleep without any cloths.
And do we know if there isn't any other nights in between FNIT och SNIT?

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2016, 08:33 AM »
One must remember that they were high up in the Rockies, (the WYO treeline is 9,000+ feet) where even during the summer months changes in the weather are often more severe than at lower elevations. It would not be especially uncommon to have the weather change so that one day it is quite chilly at night (especially if there is no cloud cover) and the next evening it would be warm and comfortable. I also agree that Jack probably bared himself purposely as a visual invitation and “come on” to Ennis, to get him into the tent. (It sure worked, huh?)

Also, the timeline between FNIT and SNIT has never really been nailed down I believe, and like so many aspects of the film, Ang seems to have left it purposely vague. Of course I think the terms FNIT and SNIT are inventions of the fans and do not necessarily mean day one, day two, etc. So could have been several days apart actually, whatever works for you.
 :c)
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline youbet

• Alma Jr.
  • No more beans
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2016, 10:45 PM »
One must remember that they were high up in the Rockies, (the WYO treeline is 9,000+ feet) where even during the summer months changes in the weather are often more severe than at lower elevations. It would not be especially uncommon to have the weather change so that one day it is quite chilly at night (especially if there is no cloud cover) and the next evening it would be warm and comfortable. I also agree that Jack probably bared himself purposely as a visual invitation and “come on” to Ennis, to get him into the tent. (It sure worked, huh?)

Also, the timeline between FNIT and SNIT has never really been nailed down I believe, and like so many aspects of the film, Ang seems to have left it purposely vague. Of course I think the terms FNIT and SNIT are inventions of the fans and do not necessarily mean day one, day two, etc. So could have been several days apart actually, whatever works for you.

love the visual invitation idea, full on seduction mode i guess jack was full on seduction mode
Tell you what . . .  Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2016, 08:08 AM »
And high up the weather can change at great speed and from one extreme to another. We were up at Donner Pass once when the daytime temps had been in the 90s but during the night it snowed ( which made my sandals and shorts pretty inappropriate till we got down to lower altitudes.

But also Jack's the romantic of the two; no doubt to entice Ennis again, he would have thought being cold was well worth it. (Makes me think of the "I'll wear these shoes although they are agonising and I can't walk in them" when in a new relationship; later on it becomes flatties and trainers, of course).

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Yeah, who could resist?

Not poor Ennis, huh?

>:D
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline aimeusdietger

• Cassie
« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2017, 06:13 AM »
check my Texas gis data download site
gsf-promounts | gsfslides
https://gsf-promounts.com/product-category/extreme-heavy-duty-steel-slides/full-extension-drawer-slides/
https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/mens-fight-gear/protection-men/boxing-gloves-protection-men/

Also, the open green building consulting link timeline title 24 calculations comment is here between FNIT and SNIT has he has a good calgreen checklist point | | useful link on cal title 24 never really been nailed down I believe, and like so many aspects of the film, Ang seems to have left it purposely vague. Of course I think the terms FNIT and SNIT are inventions of the fans and do not necessarily mean day one, day two, etc. So could have been several days apart actually, whatever works for you.

I've always assumed the open baring was a seduction move that worked perfectly well but i still wondered why anyone would want to freeze and shine like that. However, the weather explanation kinda makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:27 AM by aimeusdietger »

Offline Coraxx

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2017, 10:21 AM »
I've always assumed the open baring was a seduction move that worked perfectly well but i still wondered why anyone would want to freeze....

Oh to me it makes a lot of sense that  Jack is acting like  this even if it's freezing cold outside. He wants Ennis so badly,  he doesn't want to scare him but to invite him. It's the perfect place. Can you imagine anyone who could resist Jack lying half naked in the tent?
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2018, 01:03 AM by Coraxx »

Offline annbutler

• Cassie
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Yes, I can agree with you, this scene was really hard for actors