The Movie & Story > News Coverage, Reviews & Awards

Re: Various Articles/Interviews

(1/4) > >>

trekfan:
BBM producer James Schamus is going to chair the jury at the Berlin Film festival next month

http://www.ivpressonline.com/entertainment/movies/producer-james-schamus-to-chair-berlin-fest-jury/article_38158521-b815-50e0-adec-b55053359507.html

if you remember Jake was part of this festival in 2012

youbet:
I guess many of you follow brokeback mountain news and articles on the net, still sharing - came across this recent coverage - Brokeback Mountain 10 years of oral history.

Very interesting, a few new facts. The ones that touch you and make you think again :

Heath ledger didn't like "wish i knew how to quit you " memes and jokes.

Some interesting facts about how heath and Michelle's relationship developed ( awwwe)
How heath really punched the brick wall ...real hard... Wounding his hand and freaking out the crew.

Jake on the experience - once they began shooting, the cast and crew grew closer than is typical on a movie set. "For the first month of shooting, we all lived by this river in little trailers, and I had my dog there. We all just lived on a campground and would walk to set. You know, in a world driven by commerce, particularly in the movie business, there's no time spent together – relationships are fleeting," the actor says. "We are all still close – not just bonded by the success of the film, but bonded by the experience. It was an intimate project in that way. We'd wake up and make breakfast for each other and hang out. It was a really special, special time."

Ang lee "people. I think everybody involved felt that way, like we were blessed. I don't have another movie I feel that way about."

Jake "While there are many parts of the real story that are sad, one of the saddest things is that I won't be able to exchange ideas creatively with Heath again, because that was one of the most beautiful things to come out of that"

However again i dont really appreciate the media asking jake over and over again his feelings on heath's death etc, its a pity that he has to calmly keep answering the same question.

tpe:
Thanks again youbet!  Indeed, a very good compilation that makes us think of things again!  :)

youbet:
Precious, a recent article on bbm anniversary

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2015/7/28/brokeback-mountain-10-years-oral-history

tpe:
In fact, a Finnish Brokie sent me another article that did a similar looking back -- with hindsight.  I should try to post it either here or some related thread!

Thanks for the article.  I suspect that we'll see a few articles commemorating the 10-year anniversary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version