Author Topic: one word to describe ennis/jack  (Read 82215 times)

Offline shieldmaid

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 618
  • Gender: Female
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:36 PM »
Jack--vulnerable
Ennis--constrained

Jack--Cathy
Ennis--Heathcliff (sorry, couldn't resist that one, from Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights--they are frantically in love but doomed not to be happy together, and Heath was named after this character!)
some open space between

Offline Fleur

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Gender: Female
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Thats another amazing story - so brooding. I love it. And a story where the landscape almost becomes a character in itself...

Offline jimnick

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 773
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Jack: Fire
Ennis: Wood

Jack: Wood
Ennis: Fire

Offline shieldmaid

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 618
  • Gender: Female
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Jack: Fire
Ennis: Wood

Jack: Wood
Ennis: Fire

Yes!  and this one reminds me of another:

Jack: Fire
Ennis: Blood

(see the Indigo Girls' song "Blood and Fire":
Blood and fire
Are too much for these restless arms to hold.
And my nights of desire are calling me,
Back to your fold.
And I am calling you, calling you from 10,000 miles away
Won't you wet my fire with your love, babe?)

:)
some open space between

Offline Tom

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7656
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Jack...............Fire
Ennis..............Ice
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline jimnick

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 773
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2006, 03:43 PM »
Jack...............Fire
Ennis..............Ice

Or Bourbon and Ice...

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Jack:  Scotch...
Ennis: .. on the rocks
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #37 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Jack:  Scotch...
Ennis: .. on the rocks

hahaha

Jack: Vodka
Ennis: Martini

Froggy...with a twist!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline jimnick

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 773
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #38 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Funny!

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #39 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Jack:  Scotch...
Ennis: .. on the rocks

hahaha

Jack: Vodka
Ennis: Martini

Froggy...with a twist!

Stirred but not shaken!
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jimnick

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 773
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #40 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:25 PM »
I prefer it

Straight Up

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #41 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:27 PM »
We're crazy!  :P

O.k. I'm off topic now!
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Soldier-of-Rome

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 59
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Jack: anticipation

Ennis: resolution

Offline BBM Obsessed

  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 262
  • Gender: Male
  • BBM Obsessed!!
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #43 on: Jan 31, 2006, 08:24 PM »

Ennis  =  Pensive

Jack  =  Yearning

Jack & Ennis  =  Eternal
"I'm not a human being having a spiritual experience, rather I'm a spiritual being having a human experience."  :)

Offline Kindred

  • Lureen
  • ***
  • Posts: 160
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #44 on: Jan 31, 2006, 09:54 PM »
Ennis = wanting

Jack = needing

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #45 on: Jan 31, 2006, 09:57 PM »
I'm not sure...

Sweet & sour?

Jack:  sweet
Ennis: sour
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jimnick

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 773
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Jack = Melody

Ennis = Harmony

Jack + Ennis = The song

Offline ethan

  • Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 11247
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Jack: Sashimi

Ennis: Sticky Rice

Jack + Ennis = Sushi  (they are delicious)

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline jimnick

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 773
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #48 on: Feb 01, 2006, 10:13 AM »
Jack: Sashimi

Ennis: Sticky Rice

Jack + Ennis = Sushi  (they are delicious)



Yummy!

Sushi rocks,  but California rolls.

hee haw

Jim

Offline manila_rocks

  • Lureen
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:31 PM »
jack:  longing

ennis:  empty

Offline francis.shim

  • aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 258
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #50 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Ennis: The Lonely Island
Jack:  The Sea

Jack+Ennis = The Beach

Peace,
Frank

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #51 on: Feb 02, 2006, 06:28 PM »
Jack: Sashimi
Ennis: Sticky Rice
Jack + Ennis = Sushi  (they are delicious)

Yummy!
Sushi rocks,  but California rolls.
hee haw
Jim

The Californian sushi is my favourite...Wasabi anyone???
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline BBM Obsessed

  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 262
  • Gender: Male
  • BBM Obsessed!!
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #52 on: Feb 02, 2006, 06:57 PM »
Ennis: The Lonely Island
Jack:  The Sea

Jack+Ennis = The Beach

Peace,
Frank

How apt.  One of the best comparisons I've seen!
"I'm not a human being having a spiritual experience, rather I'm a spiritual being having a human experience."  :)

Offline ethan

  • Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 11247
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #53 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:48 AM »
Ennis: Lock

Jack: Key
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline jimnick

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 773
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #54 on: Feb 03, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Ethan,

not going near that one...

Jim
 :)

Offline stephan

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 4651
  • Gender: Male
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #55 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:33 PM »
Jack = Melody
Ennis = Harmony

Jack + Ennis = The song

I love it, jimnick ! That says it all !
Stephan

Offline Cowboy Cody

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7886
  • Gender: Male
  • Here I IS!
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #56 on: Feb 03, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Ennis: Roughhewn
Jack: Smooth

Ennis: Grit
Jack: Shine
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline francis.shim

  • aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 258
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #57 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Ennis: The Lonely Island
Jack:  The Sea

Jack+Ennis = The Beach

Peace,
Frank


I am not sure... but I think Ang Lee might have had a hand with this next one:

Ennis: Milk
Jack:  Honey

Jack+Ennis: Love potion

Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #58 on: Feb 04, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Well since it seems to be about food at mo, what about...

Ennis: Sugar
Jack: Spice
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline bbmlover

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Female
  • Jack - I swear......
Re: one word to describe ennis/jack
« Reply #59 on: Feb 04, 2006, 09:54 AM »

Ennis = Makaw
Jack = Makaw

I heard they pair for life. And one dies....... if another dies