Author Topic: << Not a competition but a fraud! >>  (Read 6582 times)

Offline Riobbm23

• Lureen
  • ((( BBM )))
<< Not a competition but a fraud! >>
« on: Mar 08, 2006, 01:18 PM »
This was not a competition based on which of these two films 'Brokeback Mountain' and 'Crash' was the best picture winner... but a completely fraud. This people brought up this non-existing movie and suddenly make it a big success, to overcome one of the best films of the year. A conspiracy well done to make it seen like a fair race between these two films, it wasn’t like that… CRASH was the perfect bait to do this because they could make a statement, that's why they eliminated 'Walk the Line' because they knew that with this film they couldn't do what they wanted... 'I’m so upset and disappointed with the academy people and now I realized that they don’t vote based on the movie's quality or greatness, but what's convenient for them... This is discrimination and it feels so real that it hurts really bad, for the first time I have experienced rejection and discrimination like in my own skin... It's not me wanting the movie to win so bad... but, based on all the ratings BBM has gotten by the critics and all the media, if you compare both films... BBM is totally the winner!!!

>:( >:( >:(
((( 'Love can touch you one time and last for a lifetime' BBM )))

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
Re: << Not a competition but a fraud! >>
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2006, 02:39 AM »
In the spirit of Jack and Ennis, yes it was an unsatisfactory situation, but not one that
should devastate, this is Hollywood, I don't give them more power than they deserve.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline chameau

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2006, 02:44 AM »
In the spirit of Jack and Ennis, yes it was an unsatisfactory situation, but not one that
should devastate, this is Hollywood, I don't give them more power than they deserve.

Ditto!

Clever Lady indeed!  Thanks Toadily.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Adolescence

• Cassie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2006, 04:38 AM »
Toadily is right. Anyway, if _we_ know that BBM was better than Crash, why should we bother about the others? At least, that's what I'm trying to believe. And don't forget, time will do BBM justice.

Offline bubbaluna

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Every Ennis needs a Jack"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2006, 06:09 AM »
This was not a competition based on which of these two films 'Brokeback Mountain' and 'Crash' was the best picture winner... but a completely fraud. This people brought up this non-existing movie and suddenly make it a big success, to overcome one of the best films of the year. A conspiracy well done to make it seen like a fair race between these two films, it wasn’t like that… CRASH was the perfect bait to do this because they could make a statement, that's why they eliminated 'Walk the Line' because they knew that with this film they couldn't do what they wanted... 'I’m so upset and disappointed with the academy people and now I realized that they don’t vote based on the movie's quality or greatness, but what's convenient for them... This is discrimination and it feels so real that it hurts really bad, for the first time I have experienced rejection and discrimination like in my own skin... It's not me wanting the movie to win so bad... but, based on all the ratings BBM has gotten by the critics and all the media, if you compare both films... BBM is totally the winner!!!

>:( >:( >:(

It is interesting that Trash is now showing in a few local theaters in my area despite having been on DVD for some time. It is also interesting that when I went to an FYE (local DVD store) yesterday (March 7)  and they had the DVDs listed by best seller Walk the Line was already number 2. Jarhead (just released a few days before) was around number 8 and TRASH was NOWHERE to be found in the top 50.The store placed the DVD of Trash right at the checkout and I asked the clerk how well it had been selling...she told me that it had really not been selling well at all but in fact they were getting hit with inquiry after inquiry as to when BBM would be released. Apparently this particular chain had not yet decided when to start taking advanced orders and the clerk seem very frustrated with that...She said she expected that BBM would probably be up there with the best of them in DVD sales.....So despite any awards Trash may have received, I think this story will probably be played out in many video stores across the USA...Trash simply will be forgotten (like Chariots of Fire) and BBM will be remembered and replayed for a very long time in people's hearts
and will become a treasured part of many folks DVD collection!
[/b]...)oh did I say "Trash"?
If you want something in life...don't frustrate yourself...take it.....

vogelgi

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2006, 06:49 AM »
Just want to say that I though the last post was quite an interesting view of the whole situation.

Me too I wished BBM would have won more Oscars. But I guess Hollywood is afraid of what kind of a message would come out of it.

Cheers from vogelgi

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Lions Gate's marketing campaign was pathetic but successful---4 million dollars since the Oscar nominations! They knew exactly how to get this film to voters..its like the 2000 Presidential election all over again. And we all know how well Georgy Boy is doing these days. :)
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline rikcub

• Lureen
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2006, 09:38 PM »

So absolutely true...as disappointed and frustrated as I am at the outcome I have realized something...this is simply a group of people who got together and created an awards ceremony to congratulate themselves...they can pat their own backs however they wish to do so....doesn't make it right, wrong, fair or unfair.  I mean in all reality...when the supreme court selected W. as president back in 2000 it had a lot more REAL impact on our lives than the silliness of the "Academy".   Their choice is only that....they can NEVER take away the true importance or impact of BBM.   :)

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2006, 10:01 PM »

It is interesting that Trash is now showing in a few local theaters in my area despite having been on DVD for some time. It is also interesting that when I went to an FYE (local DVD store) yesterday (March 7)  and they had the DVDs listed by best seller Walk the Line was already number 2. Jarhead (just released a few days before) was around number 8 and TRASH was NOWHERE to be found in the top 50.The store placed the DVD of Trash right at the checkout and I asked the clerk how well it had been selling...she told me that it had really not been selling well at all but in fact they were getting hit with inquiry after inquiry as to when BBM would be released. Apparently this particular chain had not yet decided when to start taking advanced orders and the clerk seem very frustrated with that...She said she expected that BBM would probably be up there with the best of them in DVD sales.....So despite any awards Trash may have received, I think this story will probably be played out in many video stores across the USA...Trash simply will be forgotten (like Chariots of Fire) and BBM will be remembered and replayed for a very long time in people's hearts

Why am I not surprised? Trash's market... I mean Crash's market  :-[ was the 5000+ Academy members they lobbied to get their movie the Oscar and does not connect with middle America. Brokeback Mountain doesn't either but it told a story that anyone, who given a chance, could relate to on some level.  It was straight forward, telling a story, not preaching a cause. We don't give truth much power in the modern world but it is there, silently holding on to hope.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline chameau

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Friends, we all shared pain and deception.  May I suggest we now just use the real full movie name?

CRASH

We are better than that, we know BBM by loosing best Oscar just won more than it.  Don't be afraid of words and names.  ;)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Badarsila

• ~BeRaDu_Di_KhAyALaN~
  • Alma Jr.
  • ~BaDaRsILa_In_Da_HoUsE~
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2006, 02:43 AM »

Why am I not surprised? Trash's market... I mean Crash's market  :-[ was the 5000+ Academy members they lobbied to get their movie the Oscar and does not connect with middle America. Brokeback Mountain doesn't either but it told a story that anyone, who given a chance, could relate to on some level.  It was straight forward, telling a story, not preaching a cause. We don't give truth much power in the modern world but it is there, silently holding on to hope.

Poor lil Trashy puppy,... ;D ;D ;)
"Oh Mortals, What is Love that binds beyond Life on Earth? To all Corners in a Pair we fly, Braving Summer and Winter by and by, Union is Bliss: Parting is Woe! Agony is Boundless for a Lovelorn Soul! Sweetheart, give me word..Trails of Clouds drifting foward..Amid Mountains capped with Snow, Wither shall my lonesome Shadow go?"

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2006, 11:15 AM »
It is interesting that Trash is now showing in a few local theaters in my area despite having been on DVD for some time. It is also interesting that when I went to an FYE (local DVD store) yesterday (March 7)  and they had the DVDs listed by best seller Walk the Line was already number 2. Jarhead (just released a few days before) was around number 8 and TRASH was NOWHERE to be found in the top 50.The store placed the DVD of Trash right at the checkout and I asked the clerk how well it had been selling...she told me that it had really not been selling well at all but in fact they were getting hit with inquiry after inquiry as to when BBM would be released. Apparently this particular chain had not yet decided when to start taking advanced orders and the clerk seem very frustrated with that...She said she expected that BBM would probably be up there with the best of them in DVD sales.....So despite any awards Trash may have received, I think this story will probably be played out in many video stores across the USA...Trash simply will be forgotten (like Chariots of Fire) and BBM will be remembered and replayed for a very long time in people's hearts[/size] and will become a treasured part of many folks DVD collection![/color]...)oh did I say "Trash"?

this is so cool to hear!!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!