Author Topic: What Scenes Are You Going to Zoom in / Freeze / Replay on DVD?  (Read 34951 times)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Any scenes that you are going to zoom in / freeze / replay on DVD?

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither

All of them.   :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis

Gosh..I wonder what the life span of your DVD will be. And if you do, how long will it take you to finish the entire DVD?  :P
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline heathjake

• Alma Jr.
I'll tell you the toughest part I'll have watching.....when Ennis goes to Jack's room, that was so tough to watch!
"She's in the condiment section"  "The What?"

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
I don't think I'll be doing that at first- I'll be too caught up in the movie. However, later on, that reunion kiss will be replayed and slo-mo'ed. I will freeze on "the look" from Jack in the flashback scene.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline shieldmaid

• Jack
I'm gonna focus on the second tent scene--can't wait to get the dialogue straight for myself, especially after seeing Esme's "Your thoughts after watching the DVD" thread above.  :)  Ahh--bliss!!  I am so excited!!
some open space between

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
2nd tent scene.
reunion after 4 years, hug scene and THE kiss
reunion on BBM (after the motel scene)
both Thanksgiving scenes
Last reunion on BBM and the flashback
Twist's house and the shirts
Last scene in the trailer with Alma Jr. and Jack I swear  :'(

I already ordered a container full of tissues  :'(
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Riobbm23

• Lureen
  • ((( BBM )))
2nd tent scene.
reunion after 4 years, hug scene and THE kiss
reunion on BBM (after the motel scene)
both Thanksgiving scenes
Last reunion on BBM and the flashback
Twist's house and the shirts
Last scene in the trailer with Alma Jr. and Jack I swear  :'(

I already ordered a container full of tissues  :'(

The same here...  but also I want to watch closely the first encounter because at the theater I was not comfortable at all with all of those people in there!   ;D ;)
((( 'Love can touch you one time and last for a lifetime' BBM )))

Offline rabjr1

• Ennis
did a stop action of the cliff diving scene.   OMG! OMG! OMG!

RAB aka Raoul The Really Rotten

Offline Insomniac487

• Lureen
i dont have the DVD yet, but i can still post right ? heh.  Im surprise none of you mentioned the scene where they jump off the cliff in the nude.  Personally i dont know what scenes ill be replaying but when i get it, ill let you guys know which one i replayed

*update* hmm i see the user above me did it.  Wow.. uh i dont wanna ask and spoil it.. but your making me wonder.  Having seen it at the movies 5 times (4 times before oscar academy awards & 1 time after).. i always think to myself.. damn that scene went by TOO fast.  that jump was amazing.

Anybody have any estimations of how high the cliff was?
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2006, 09:12 PM by Insomniac487 »
name's kevin

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
did a stop action of the cliff diving scene.   OMG! OMG! OMG!

LOL. No ZOOM? ;D

Offline Krispera

• Alma
  • krisp luvs you
the first fight scene with blooooooooooood.. I was looking at Jack, he felt guilty!  :-\

the 2nd tent scenes, beautiful  :-*

First reunion kiss  :-*

Last reunion, Ennis cry, Jack going over him  :'(

Offline Kenny

• Brokeback Boy
  • Alma Jr.
My second time watching, I watched it on freeze-frame through the entire reunion kiss scene. I watched it frame by frame. Some of the looks that Jake has on his face as Heath pushes him back are incredible! A sense of shock, almost fear even... happiness, yearning. Oy! Watching every frame like that in slow-mo can almost be more intense than in regular play!
-Kenny

"I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers!"

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123

Maybe not all...but Most of them yes!!!

the first fight scene with blooooooooooood.. I was looking at Jack, he felt guilty!  :-\

the 2nd tent scenes, beautiful  :-*

First reunion kiss  :-*

Last reunion, Ennis cry, Jack going over him  :'(

also scenes with Alma Jr, and Cassie, to check Ennis's face.
The HUG, all the scenes were ennis rubs his head against Jack.

All the scenes with Lureen too!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline donnaread

• Love is a force of nature
  • Alma
i dont have the DVD yet, but i can still post right ? heh.  Im surprise none of you mentioned the scene where they jump off the cliff in the nude.  Personally i dont know what scenes ill be replaying but when i get it, ill let you guys know which one i replayed

*update* hmm i see the user above me did it.  Wow.. uh i dont wanna ask and spoil it.. but your making me wonder.  Having seen it at the movies 5 times (4 times before oscar academy awards & 1 time after).. i always think to myself.. damn that scene went by TOO fast.  that jump was amazing.

BTW, stunt double doing Jack's jump...Jake was away for two weeks.  He was probably promoting one of his other movies.
This is the forest primeval.  The murmuring pines and the hemlocks, bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight...but where are the hearts that beneath it leaped...

Offline Kindred

• Lureen
Just a recommendation, but after watching the DVD the first time through, I turned on the subtitles and watched it again.  I picked up alot of subtle dialog that I didn't hear previously.  I would recommend this for all.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
I froze, then zoomed and then slo mo'ed "the look" from Jack in the flashback.*SIGH*

I didn't think I was going to pick and choose scenes so early on but I had some dialogue to listen to in other scenes. I think I will play the reunion kiss in slo- mo later on. I'm really liking having the dvd!  :)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
Just a recommendation, but after watching the DVD the first time through, I turned on the subtitles and watched it again.  I picked up alot of subtle dialog that I didn't hear previously.  I would recommend this for all.

Subtitles and closed captioning are notoriously not accurate.  Sometimes the sentence is too long and would fil; the screen so they shorten it and sometimes people talk too fast so they shorten what they say.  Subs and CC do not capture the faintly heard words as they have no time to go over and over a scene to try to capture the words.

Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis

Yes. I do too. The subtitle really did me good.  :'( :'(

Offline nspat

• Cassie
Jumping into the lake; what a freeze!! :o

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Jumping into the lake; what a freeze!! :o

napat, welcome. I thought of that too...but always got too emotional and forget about it.  ;D

Offline Insomniac487

• Lureen

BTW, stunt double doing Jack's jump...Jake was away for two weeks.  He was probably promoting one of his other movies.

nooo.. are you serious? the movie itself, zooms in during that part though? and i thought that was jake
name's kevin

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
I'll definitely be slo-mo-ing the reunion kiss. Not when my boyfriend is in, though - don't think he'd understand that ;D
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
I'll definitely be slo-mo-ing the reunion kiss. Not when my boyfriend is in, though - don't think he'd understand that ;D

Just tell him you are taking lessons to make sure you are getting it right.  ;D

Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline Riobbm23

• Lureen
  • ((( BBM )))
I'm still zoom in and freezing the love scenes...  It's not an excuse but at the theater I was not that comfortable been around a lot of people and watching them having sex in the first encounter, so now I'm enjoying the movie alone!

;) :D ;D 8)
((( 'Love can touch you one time and last for a lifetime' BBM )))

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
I mentioned on another thread how much I like the moment when Jack turns toward Ennis in the motel scene right after he says "I redlined it all the way." The part I have to pause on is just as his smile breaks out fully and his dimple shows. What I wouldn't do to have that directed at me!
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Replay over and over again:

the second tent scene as edited for the DVD so it starts when Ennis wakes up with hangover and shame after their first night till the very end of their embracing in the tent.  :'(

Ennis waiting for Jack's arrival, the reunion kiss and everythig that follows till the end of the first reunion on BBM, this caress from Jack to Ennis  :'( :'(

Finally, last encounter on BBM till the very end of the movie, I could watch over and over again  :'( :'( :'(

Is this masochism?

La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
I can definitely recommend slo-mo-ing the reunion kiss. Some of the facial expressions are incredible. And the nuzzle in slo-mo - heartstoppingly beautiful :D

Haven't tried zooming yet. That might be tomorrow's little adventure ;D

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Offline BBM Obsessed

• Alma
  • BBM Obsessed!!
The Jack and Ennis affection scenes...  the kisses, the hugs, etc.  Not to sound mean, but I can totally fast-forward through the scenes with Alma and Lureen...    ;)
"I'm not a human being having a spiritual experience, rather I'm a spiritual being having a human experience."  :)

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
OK, can anyone give me some clues about how to zoom on the dvd? I can't seem to find that option on my remote. I've got a Sony DAVS880 home cinema system if that helps at all.....