Author Topic: DVD Disk/Title Menu...  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Kenny

• Brokeback Boy
  • Alma Jr.
DVD Disk/Title Menu...
« on: Apr 08, 2006, 04:15 AM »
Anyone else really love the Disk/Title Menu for the Brokeback Mountain DVD?

I think it's gorgeous! They could've just had the title "BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN" with the options written someplace, but I think they included a really nice montage of scenes from the movie... definitely alot of my favorite Jack/Ennis moments. And it's set to the main theme of the movie. "Wings," is it called? Something to do with wings, LoL.

Anyway... who else loves the title menu? I love it! Or maybe I'm just a sucker for montages.  ;)
-Kenny

"I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers!"

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: DVD Disk/Title Menu...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2006, 06:26 PM »
I like it also. When I first popped the dvd in just to watch the extras I saw that and heard the music and got teary eyed. This movie doesn't tug at my heartstrings it yanks at them full force.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2006, 06:31 PM »
I love it too! I was like "OMG, my boys!!  ;D :-*" haha
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Just copy the one Kenny made from the other thread. Thanks, Kenny. The menu is wonderful. The look on Jack is so vulnerable.

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2006, 09:23 PM »
Damn.. "the look".  ;D I never get tired of seeing that.

I like the title "Crazy Notions" on the scene selection. My first thought was of "A love that will never grow old". I realize it has to do with Jack's ideas never coming to pass, but the song popped into my head when I saw that title.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Huh. You Americans got a better title screen than we got in the UK - ours just has a picture of a town (can't even be sure if it's meant to be Signal or Riverton) and the options along the bottom.

Not fair >:(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Here is the one from HK

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2006, 02:04 PM »
Jeez - that one's better than the UK one too. ::)
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Brokeback_Ca

• Lureen
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 04:21 AM »
  Beautiful HK picture. I love the Santaolalla music on the menus. Played it for hours the first time I saw the movie (on DVD!), then left it on all night!
The fact is: That Brokeback Mountain has helped to change the world.  We can change the world.  We really can.  We really are.  When the world is made better for one gay or lesbian person, it's better for everyone.    Ang Lee

Offline pierralex

• Dreamer forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • que les moutons aillent se faire foutre
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Here are some captures of the UK DVD menu. I just love it :

"Texans don't drink coffee?"