Poll

To hear or not to hear, zat is ze question?

Heard it?
53 (31.2%)
Not heard it?
117 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Author Topic: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL  (Read 224285 times)

Offline welshwitch

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 6480
  • Gender: Female
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #360 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:50 AM »
lcome to the forum, sara_chocolate - like the name!

No, the words aren't spoken by Ennis in the movie, though some people have heard them in the delted scenes - I can;t hear anything that sounds clearly like those words unfortunately.

But if you wander round this thread you'll find there are all sorts of opinions about what can ( or can't) be heard in this scene.

Offline tizi17

  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 12110
  • Gender: Female
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #361 on: Feb 12, 2007, 12:10 PM »
It's interesting to think about the people that did both the closed captioning, and the dubbing for versions in other languages.  I wonder if there are any non-English versions where words such as "shag me" are actually said.

kathy

i never wanted to see the film in german.. i did though, yesterday, because i wanted to see if there was a difference..
you can hear a lot of noises, seems to me they are the original ones. NO f**me or other in the FNIT (no subtitles either); in the SNIT jack says "it's alright", and then "lie down"; and at the reunion ennis says "come on  - darlin' "
i had some trouble with the translations, sometimes..

i am  *o) i guess, but what exactly does "ther're no reins on this one" mean in english? no end? no holding back? or nothing to grab, hold on? sorry..

my contribution to this discussion...

tizi
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline backtobrokeback

  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 209
  • Gender: Male
  • Jack, I swear... --
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #362 on: Feb 12, 2007, 12:40 PM »
No reins means no way to control it - it's like riding a horse with no reins (leather straps) to control where it goes (or slow it down). 
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline tizi17

  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 12110
  • Gender: Female
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #363 on: Feb 12, 2007, 12:58 PM »
No reins means no way to control it - it's like riding a horse with no reins (leather straps) to control where it goes (or slow it down). 

thank you,this is what i thought. in german they say "nothing to hold on", in the sense of "we have nothing where we can hold on to" - and this is definitively wrong..

thank you
tizi
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #364 on: Feb 13, 2007, 01:08 AM »
i never wanted to see the film in german.. i did though, yesterday, because i wanted to see if there was a difference..
you can hear a lot of noises, seems to me they are the original ones. NO f**me or other in the FNIT (no subtitles either); in the SNIT jack says "it's alright", and then "lie down"; and at the reunion ennis says "come on  - darlin' "
i had some trouble with the translations, sometimes..

i am  *o) i guess, but what exactly does "ther're no reins on this one" mean in english? no end? no holding back? or nothing to grab, hold on? sorry..

my contribution to this discussion...

tizi

So how were the men's voices in German?  Do they try to get the same kind of voices or at least inflections and so on?

As to "ain't no reins," it just means like a horse without someone holding the reins on it, nothing to hold it back from running free forever.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline BBM Fan

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1385
  • Gender: Female
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #365 on: Feb 13, 2007, 01:31 AM »
So how were the men's voices in German?  Do they try to get the same kind of voices or at least inflections and so on?

kathy

kathy:  have you seen the clips on you tube that are in Italian?  The voices aren't like J & E - no western twang, but oh so sexy - especially since I can't understand a word.   ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2007, 01:50 AM by BBM Fan »

Offline Brokeback Love

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 21
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #366 on: Feb 13, 2007, 01:46 AM »
first of all..  #$#  sara_chocolate..

fact is that many people have heard many things, all around the various scenes of the film. and it seems that there is a deleted scene (ennis finds the two shirts) where he hugs the shirts and whispers "i love you" - unfortunately no deleted scenes in no version of the DVD, just flying around in the internet..

tizi
I really want to see this! :\'( I viewed the film again today, and I always wondered what Jack said in the tent, but was too caught up in the movie to re play it back. I'll have to re view that scene asap, with my headphones up...thanks guys.
If you can't fix it Jack, you gotta stand it.

Offline tizi17

  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 12110
  • Gender: Female
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #367 on: Feb 13, 2007, 02:43 AM »
So how were the men's voices in German?  Do they try to get the same kind of voices or at least inflections and so on?

As to "ain't no reins," it just means like a horse without someone holding the reins on it, nothing to hold it back from running free forever.

kathy

this is a bit difficult to say... we "have" some voices here, they usually take for western, "rough" man films.. but it does not come anything close to the original - i simply cannot watch the film in german - my ennis grumbling, my jack blubbering... noway! and i really do have the feeling, even if they tried hard, sometimes the translations don't match...

brokeback love... take GOOD headphones.... ;)
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #368 on: Feb 14, 2007, 10:32 PM »
kathy:  have you seen the clips on you tube that are in Italian?  The voices aren't like J & E - no western twang, but oh so sexy - especially since I can't understand a word.   ;D

Oh boy -- no, I haven't seen this.  Of course Italian is so sexy, so that would be interesting...  Thanks.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline BBM Fan

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1385
  • Gender: Female
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #369 on: Feb 14, 2007, 10:39 PM »
Oh boy -- no, I haven't seen this.  Of course Italian is so sexy, so that would be interesting...  Thanks.

kathy

I'll try to find it and send via PM

Offline ten-chi-ka-sui

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 69
  • Gender: Female
  • new BBM-addicted
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #370 on: Feb 22, 2007, 01:24 PM »
It's there!

At last my DVD came and I watched this scene many times and not heard anything like f*ck me being said by Jack. But someone earlier suggested to play the movie and try to do something else, and not look at the screen. So, I started hanging my laundry
and...  >:D
I heard it! I think Jack said it twice, the first time is not very distinct, but the second really is audible. I tried few times, and each time I heard it! Interesting, when I was watching the scene once again, when I looked at the screen I could'nt hear it so clearly. Maybe because when I watch it, I can't think at all...  ::)
Ennis: I was just sending up a prayer of thanks..
Jack: For what?
Ennis: For you forgettin' to bring that harmonica.

Offline Holden Worther

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 28
  • Gender: Female
  • Ruh-Ro
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #371 on: Feb 22, 2007, 01:42 PM »
that is definitly wierd.
i haven't tried to listen to it yet, maybe i will go now....hm.  :s)
you broke my heart in two, and i can't find the duct tape to put it together for you, when i met you, i thought i would cry, i wanted to die, didn't know you were evil, or that you would hurt me, Mr. Polyscitrackteamguy. -Darry Jenner

Offline aintfoolin

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1623
  • Gender: Female
  • " You and him did'nt go up there to fish"...
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #372 on: Mar 10, 2007, 06:24 AM »
This scene is so captivating in a visual sense that one must look away from the screen or find other ways to distract yourself from the screen in order to tune in audibly to the words being said .I'll never look at blue denim shirts, tan jackets, or ranch dressing the same way ever again after this.  ;) <^( :c)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
..."yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"...

Offline jacks_key

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 2466
  • Gender: Female
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #373 on: Mar 10, 2007, 09:56 AM »
It's there!

At last my DVD came and I watched this scene many times and not heard anything like f*ck me being said by Jack. But someone earlier suggested to play the movie and try to do something else, and not look at the screen. So, I started hanging my laundry
and...  >:D
I heard it! I think Jack said it twice, the first time is not very distinct, but the second really is audible. I tried few times, and each time I heard it! Interesting, when I was watching the scene once again, when I looked at the screen I could'nt hear it so clearly. Maybe because when I watch it, I can't think at all...  ::)


That's how it happened with me.  I stopped concentrating on the screen and just listened.  I've mentioned this a couple of times before - I hear it first when Jack is undoing his belt, and the second time when they're, uh, 'getting down to business.'
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline tamlynn

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 55
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #374 on: Apr 14, 2007, 12:33 PM »
Stores everywhere will run out of earphones... and they won't know why, but we will.   I love all these details on what is now my favorite movie of all time.  I left my real life behind from the day I saw Brokeback.  I've got it bad and don't know how to quit it.  did you find a way?  Or does it just go on and on in a continuum of discovering details and reliving one of the most passionate, stirring love stories ever put on film...

Offline tizi17

  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 12110
  • Gender: Female
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #375 on: Apr 14, 2007, 01:27 PM »
tamlynn..  #$#
i can only tell you my personal experience - and it was devastating. and no way to quit, tell you that.

but this place here is for people like me and now like you - please visit all threads, talk with everybody here, a bunch of crazy but caring and loving people - and you will see that there is no need to quit..

hope to see you around a lot..  <^(
tizi
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #376 on: Apr 15, 2007, 02:56 AM »
Well said, tizi.  :-* 

Tamlynn, I like how you put it, you left your real life behind the day you saw Brokeback.  So true!  I have a tiny bit of real life now, after a year...but I swear, BBM is still my main preoccupation.

It is a precious time, the beginning of this being-in-love with BBM, in love with Ennis and Jack (being in love and being in grief at the same time!) so just dig every minute of it.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline Ty

  • El Queso
  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7055
  • Gender: Male
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #377 on: Apr 15, 2007, 06:34 AM »
tamlynn,
Post Brokeback Syndrome goes on and on and on and on...  ;D but it's a good thing.  The feelings you feel for the characters are as real as any love can be, at least in my opinion.   <^(

Lucille: I don't have the milk of mother's kindness in me anymore.

Michael: That utter's been dry for a while now...


Jack-"Ain’t our fault. This ain’t wrong Ennis, don’t care what anybody think this ain’t wrong." 
No, it ain’t wrong; ‘cause if this ain’t right—if this here thing ain’t right, then nothin’ in the whole world is right; no, nothin’ atall. -delmarPainting

Offline Littlejimmy

  • little jake
  • Cassie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Gender: Male
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2007, 09:19 PM »
Jack NEVER says F.U.C.K.- ME  in the first night or the second night the only time he refers to !@#$ is in the Sean where he tells Ennis how hard it is to live on some high altitude fucks now and then
THIS MOVIE JUST ROCKED MY SOCKS
I WILL NEVER GET OVER THE LOVE I FEEL FOR JACK AND ENNIS AND THE SORROW THAT IT BECAME.

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Arrrgh!  Someone woke up this thread  >:(

Jack never said F... me in FNIT, I never heard it and I'm aint deaf

Annie Proulx never wrote it
Diana Ossana and Larry McMurtry never wrote it
Jake G. never said it
Ang Lee would never have permited this to happen...

period!

Now little thread... go back to sleep.  ::)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

bruxa23

  • Guest
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2007, 04:26 AM »
I watched in youtube and I listened over and over again
I'm sorry to say but  YES, He said it!!!    :(

Offline jacks_key

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 2466
  • Gender: Female
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #381 on: May 24, 2007, 12:45 PM »
I watched in youtube and I listened over and over again
I'm sorry to say but  YES, He said it!!!    :(

Yep...obviously, it was not in the SS and was improvised.  He says it twice:  Once as he's undoing his pants, once during the actual "act."  I can hear it CLEAR AS A BELL the first time.  It's like a rough whisper, but it's there. 

Period.   :P
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline zephK

  • Lureen
  • ***
  • Posts: 140
  • Gender: Male
  • love is a force of nature
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #382 on: May 24, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Yep...obviously, it was not in the SS and was improvised.  He says it twice:  Once as he's undoing his pants, once during the actual "act."  I can hear it CLEAR AS A BELL the first time.  It's like a rough whisper, but it's there. 

Period.   :P


  If you turn it up and listen while you watch Jack's mouth (not a difficult task) just after Ennis's grand entrance, when the camera pans down to Jack's head, you can hear all of what he says:  "Aw-w-w, Ennis, f*ck me, please."  You can even read his lips!  He doesn't say this as if he were standing up talking to Ennis face to face, and most of it could be mis-heard as heavy breathing, but so help me sweethearts of the rodeo, as Jack is a man who speaks his mind, this is something he does say.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 05:06 PM by zephK »
Even the clouds cry for Ennis.

The avatar is made from their shirts.

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #383 on: May 24, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I stick to what I said and it's not because I didn't try... ::) 
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2007, 11:07 PM »
  If you turn it up and listen while you watch Jack's mouth (not a difficult task) just after Ennis's grand entrance, when the camera pans down to Jack's head, you can hear all of what he says:  "Aw-w-w, Ennis, f*ck me, please."  You can even read his lips!  He doesn't say this as if he were standing up talking to Ennis face to face, and most of it could be mis-heard as heavy breathing, but so help me sweethearts of the rodeo, as Jack is a man who speaks his mind, this is something he does say.

I have yet to hear it, but I want to, bad.  I will try and read his lips as you say, zephK.  I'll watch it on computer, now that I have my PC headset to listen real good.  And when you said, too, jacks_key.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline Daniblondy

  • The Short Annoying Blue Eyed Blonde
  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 57
  • Gender: Female
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #385 on: Jun 09, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I clearly heard it lol and I got good ears and I heard it without headphones the first time watching on youtube.

You can kinda hear it through all the Groaning and Moaning and stuff.

Okies know here's my question who says "Im Sorry" in the SNIT in tent stuff.

I swear black and blind that it's Ennis but you don't see his lips move at all. But then you hear Jack say "It's alright" erm why would jack be apologizing to himself?

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth  :8 :cr) O0 ;D :)

manhattangirl

  • Guest
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #386 on: Jun 09, 2007, 10:55 PM »
It's not Jack is apologizing to himself, but the awkwardness of the kiss, and letting Ennis know it's ok.  A romantic moements, I love that stuff.


As for th f#@K me thing, well I hear it too,  a little while after Ennis tells Jack "come here", sorry cham. 

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #387 on: Jun 09, 2007, 11:22 PM »
It's not Jack is apologizing to himself, but the awkwardness of the kiss, and letting Ennis know it's ok.  A romantic moements, I love that stuff.

As for th f#@K me thing, well I hear it too,  a little while after Ennis tells Jack "come here", sorry cham. 

Always new surprises.  Ennis says "Come here" ?  All I hear him say when they're forehead-to-forehead, or just before, is "Whudyadoin?"

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline carbyville

  • Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11181
  • Gender: Female
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #388 on: Jun 09, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Always new surprises.  Ennis says "Come here" ?  All I hear him say when they're forehead-to-forehead, or just before, is "Whudyadoin?"

kathy

The "Come here" thing has me intrigued as well, but maybe we should start a new thread for that since it's a bit OT here?  :s)

Offline Daniblondy

  • The Short Annoying Blue Eyed Blonde
  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 57
  • Gender: Female
Re: Jack says "F*ck Me!" in 1st tent scene!!! - *Spoiler* - New POLL
« Reply #389 on: Jun 09, 2007, 11:51 PM »
I realised after posting that comment and going to watch BBM that he was indeed apologizing to Ennis not himself or reassuring him.

I did actually just hear the "Come Hear" on my viewing of the Movie just then but is in the FNIT or SNIT?

I apologize for my Blondeness  ;D :t) O0 ^-^