Author Topic: DVD Release - France  (Read 43113 times)

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
Re: DVD Release - France
« Reply #90 on: Aug 22, 2010, 01:41 PM »
rdx, unfortunately, all my cells are of pa Twist  :_(

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #91 on: Aug 23, 2010, 06:31 AM »
Many thanks, caballero rdx! :cr) I'm impatient to see some frame with Jack  }s{

Gracias señor WildcatIsle, I'm honoured! Yup, some Jack would be nice... O0

rdx, unfortunately, all my cells are of pa Twist  :_(

Too bad, Mr dirtbiker; maybe there are still some secondhand coffres left costing less than 90 € & shipping outside France... #)

A little technical aside (already there.. >:D) here:  *o)
It didn't struck me until yesterday while scanning the stripes that the theatrical presentation of Brokeback Mountain has been open matte, see here and here (printed film format: spherical). The film frames are not anamorphic ('squeezed') and they show more than we see on regular DVD/BD's. The open matte also 'explains' why the presentation on the American full screen DVD is 'clean', i.e. no equipment, such as microphones, visible at the top or/and bottom of the picture.

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010, 04:06 AM by rdx »
"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #92 on: Sep 05, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Yup ¡ And we'll have to ask it to some French buddies...I really want it ¡  :c)

Unfortunately it seems that this French release (September 29th 2010) is a BD/DVD combo without any new extras.. ^*) I will let you know more when I get it.

Btw, just an observation on the side, Prince of Persia is released in France on the same day.
"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline Lana786

• Alma
« Reply #93 on: Sep 27, 2010, 11:50 AM »
You're right, it's just a BD/DVD combo, disappointing :-\\
"It could be like this... just like this... always..."

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #94 on: Oct 05, 2010, 12:32 PM »
You're right, it's just a BD/DVD combo, disappointing :-\\

Yup, confirmed  ^*) !

And mine even arrived without the DVD --> une réclamation: it should have been 'dans sa pochette séparable'..no codpiece.. %^% From France by Deutsche Post..?!?  ^*()

Well, in general it's a rip-off: just the earlier Blu-ray release packed with a more earlier DVD + a cardboard slip cover. 

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Apparently the box is black and not white.... I don't know which one is the right one now... ???

Yes, it's just that the packaging of the ultimate (prestige) edition and of the collector edition is different from the previous pics I had. Its black here and was white before...  ???
Ok,i'm here from Japan ;D...
pierralex,do you remember telling me about the BBM DVD French edition in a white wooden box?I'm sure it was you?chameau and i were just talking about the French editions and i was saying how i love the black box and the white wooden one,but chameau deosn't know of a wooden one,so..HELP?...lol...Did you say there was one,or maybe there will be?I'm going nuts ^*()I was sure you said it :-\\...Put me out of my misery.Please.
Jennis.x
Actually I thought that the white box was in wood because it's the editor's habit. But here it isn't. Sorry it's my own mistake  :-\\
And for the black box, well I don't know if it exists, i've never seen it.  ???
That's ok.Thanks for clarifying sweetie :-*...The  black box I saw in your BBM DVD Encyclopedia thread.(France Editions) DVD Ultimate Edition Prestige.It might be the goodies? chameau will know more then I.
Jennis.x

I came across the above mentioned black box on priceminister [dot] com today:

The price tag has the numbers 125...; most probably a hoax or an extremely rare French edition... :s)

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #96 on: Jan 02, 2012, 02:16 PM »
Another French Blu-ray edition avec le DVD et le livret exclusif, released on February 15th.

Most probably there's nothing new on the BD/DVD. The Digibook could be interesting, hope it's not just a reproduction of the book in the 'Édition Prestige'.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #97 on: Jan 07, 2012, 01:03 AM »
rdx, I think digibook just means that it's packaged like a little hardcover book style, and not actually an e-book.

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #98 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:35 AM »
Yes, dirtbiker, though it seems that there's an 'exclusive' booklet (livret exclusif) within the Digibook package. E.g. the North American release of 'The Exorcist' has a 38 page 'book' as part of the package.

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #99 on: Feb 03, 2012, 01:39 PM »
amazon.fr:
"
Contient :
- le Blu-ray et le DVD du film
- un livret exclusif
Making of : une histoire partagée (22')
Ang Lee, le réalisateur de coeur (7'25")
Devenir cowboy (5'41")
Du script à l'écran : interview de Larry McMurtry et Diana Ossana (10'49")
Galerie de photos
Bande-annonce
"
..rien de nouveau.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #100 on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Yes,rien de nouveau...it is what I was going to say...Surely is already fairly difficult to offer something different after so many years. :c)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #101 on: Mar 11, 2012, 04:53 AM »
Oui & indeed MPJ.  O0

Le livret (12 pages) is new per se but it's just some known facts put together, some pics:

There's a 'headline' "Censuré en Italie" though nothing is actually said about it. Also in Ang Lee's filmography it says "2006 Brokeback Mountain" ("2005" in Jake's & Heath's).

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #102 on: Mar 11, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Thanks for posting, rdx.  I always hold the hope that one day, we'll get some deleted scenes  :t)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #103 on: Mar 18, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Thanks for posting, rdx.  I always hold the hope that one day, we'll get some deleted scenes  :t)

Ditto. :)