Author Topic: DVD Release - France  (Read 43109 times)

Offline pierralex

• Dreamer forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • que les moutons aillent se faire foutre
Re: DVD Release - France
« Reply #60 on: Aug 01, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I've found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! &**)

I think I've taken the last Ultime edition available in the département (county)  :c)
"Texans don't drink coffee?"

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #61 on: Aug 01, 2006, 09:23 PM »
I'm glad you found it.   :)

I gave formal orders to my sister and my niece to vist any record/DVD store in Nice and buy at least one.   OK, I have mine but I know at least one person here who is dying to get one, his order was canceled by Amazon.fr  :(
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline pierralex

• Dreamer forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #62 on: Aug 02, 2006, 01:03 PM »
If ever I find another one I'll take it  ;)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #63 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:59 PM »
My sister Emailed me, there were 2 Edition Prestige remaining at the FNAC store in Nice, she bought them  ^-^ :) 8)

I am a happy chameau 'coz I know I will have two very happy friends next December.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #64 on: Aug 10, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Ok,i'm here from Japan ;D...

pierralex,do you remember telling me about the BBM DVD French edition in a white wooden box?I'm sure it was you?chameau and i were just talking about the French editions and i was saying how i love the black box and the white wooden one,but chameau deosn't know of a wooden one,so..HELP?...lol...Did you say there was one,or maybe there will be?I'm going nuts ^*()I was sure you said it :-\\...Put me out of my misery.Please.

Jennis.x

Offline pierralex

• Dreamer forever
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #65 on: Aug 21, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Actually I thought that the white box was in wood because it's the editor's habit. But here it isn't. Sorry it's my own mistake  :-\\

And for the black box, well I don't know if it exists, i've never seen it.  ???

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #66 on: Aug 21, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Actually I thought that the white box was in wood because it's the editor's habit. But here it isn't. Sorry it's my own mistake  :-\\

And for the black box, well I don't know if it exists, i've never seen it.  ???

That's ok.Thanks for clarifying sweetie :-*...The  black box I saw in your BBM DVD Encyclopedia thread.(France Editions) DVD Ultimate Edition Prestige.It might be the goodies? chameau will know more then I.

Jennis.x

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #67 on: Aug 21, 2006, 04:58 PM »
I'll have two of them in London with me to carry back to Canada, well one in Canada and one is destinated to a friend in U.S.A.

They are nice collector's items.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Ennis&Jack

• Cassie
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 08:13 PM »
I have the collector's editition and I want to buy the prestige edition too.  On amazon.fr is just one seller but it doesn't ship internationally. Does anyone know other stores? Thanks!

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Did you try FNAC?
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Ennis&Jack

• Cassie
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Did you try FNAC?
Thanks chameau! I found this: "Le Secret de Brokeback Mountain - Ultimate Edition". Is this the same as "prestige"?

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I zoomed in the picture on fnac.com and it is the prestige edition I have. :)
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Ennis&Jack

• Cassie
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 08:35 PM »
I zoomed in the picture on fnac.com and it is the prestige edition I have. :)
I'm just curious how much did you pay for your copy. This one is 60 euro. The good news is that they ship to Romania too.  :d:

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 08:42 PM »
I ordered it on line 4 years ago and I had to pay custom taxes in Canada, I can't really recall how much it was and at the time I purchased it the Euro was a lot more expensive than now compared to the Canadian dollar.

All you have is the DVD, some pictures and the short story in French, which I was never able to read trough the first page, I just couldn't read it in French, it felt too odd.

There is also a sample of the original celluloid film, I was lucky I got Ennis.  <^(

I know someone who got Aguire  :8  :-X
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Ennis&Jack

• Cassie
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 09:06 PM »

Il n'y a pas de mode de livraison disponible dans le pays que vous avez choisi : (Roumanie)
pour les articles suivants :
Le Secret de Brokeback Mountain - Ultimate Edition

I'm gonna...  :_(

Thaks chameau!  :)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Sorry! :(
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I ordered it on line 4 years ago and I had to pay custom taxes in Canada, I can't really recall how much it was and at the time I purchased it the Euro was a lot more expensive than now compared to the Canadian dollar.

All you have is the DVD, some pictures and the short story in French, which I was never able to read trough the first page, I just couldn't read it in French, it felt too odd.

There is also a sample of the original celluloid film, I was lucky I got Ennis.  <^(

I know someone who got Aguire  :8  :-X

I got the cell of Jack's dad  >:(

Offline Mimi.la.mite

• Soul Brothers
  • Jack
  • The way you move is meant to haunt me.
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Il n'y a pas de mode de livraison disponible dans le pays que vous avez choisi : (Roumanie)
pour les articles suivants :
Le Secret de Brokeback Mountain - Ultimate Edition

I'm gonna...  :_(

Hi Ennis&Jack!

Do you need someone to send you the Prestige Edition from France?  :h:
The price for shiping to Roumania is 16.50€ and on amazon.fr there is "Le secret de Brokeback Mountain - Edition Prestige 2 DVD (inclus le roman, le jeu de photo et 1 morceau de pellicule) neuf" for 39€.  It seems to be the same that the fnac.com product. Some people explain there is no CD of the soundtrack in it, but I don't know which edition have this CD. My prestige edition don't have....
If you're interested, I don't know how you could send pay me back the money, but if you have an idea.... :s) I'll do it.

O0
I feel despondent, stuck in limbo between past and future where what I have is what I’ve lost. Bobby & Dave, no word is strong enough to say how much I miss you.

Offline Ennis&Jack

• Cassie
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43 PM »
Hi there!
Today I've asked a friend on facebook to help me. I met him on 26 august, last year, on Madonna concert in Bucharest.  :) I ordered it from amazon.fr from the same seller that you are talking about, paid with my credit card and send it to his french adrress. Then he will ship it to me in Romania. I will send him the money (shipping taxes) in a signed for enevelope.

You're very kind! Thank u so much!  :^^)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2010, 03:56 PM »
I'm glad you found a workaround. :)
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Mimi.la.mite

• Soul Brothers
  • Jack
  • The way you move is meant to haunt me.
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Hi there!
Today I've asked a friend on facebook to help me. I met him on 26 august, last year, on Madonna concert in Bucharest.  :) I ordered it from amazon.fr from the same seller that you are talking about, paid with my credit card and send it to his french adrress. Then he will ship it to me in Romania. I will send him the money (shipping taxes) in a signed for enevelope.

You're very kind! Thank u so much!  :^^)

Great! Glad for you!
If any other  need... :h:

^f^ :h}

I feel despondent, stuck in limbo between past and future where what I have is what I’ve lost. Bobby & Dave, no word is strong enough to say how much I miss you.

Offline Ennis&Jack

• Cassie
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2010, 04:04 PM »
I'm glad you found a workaround. :)

Yeah! I'm so happy!  :d:
I hope it will arrive in good condition.

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Yep, it's me again with my technical/language stuff... :i Well, I thought that this could be of some interest.

My 'Édition Prestige' (secondhand) arrived yesterday and the menus on the DVD are pretty nice (the split screen). The chapters of the film have titles in French (of course) and a couple of them caught my attention. I translated the titles to English _literally_ (= totally wrong.. %^%). They are here as follows:

(Feel FREE to revise them nos francophones (and others too), please, my knowledge of French is quite limited... ^*()..English too)

1 - 1963, Central [Signal?] Wyoming   2 - The seasonal movement   3 - Plans of future

4 - United by the adversities   5 - Exchange(s) and confidence(s)   6 - Human heat

7 - "Just this time/once"   8 - To the eyes of the world [revision please!]   9 - The confusion of feelings

10 - Sacred/blessed bond(s)   11 - Lack of affection   12 - Lovers for (the) life

13 - An escape to (the) happiness   14 - No-says and renoncement(s)   15 - The end of a relationship/liaison

16 - Thanksgiving   17 - A new chance for Ennis   18 - Moments of seduction

19 - Father and daughter   20 - "Never enough time"   21 - The disappearance[?]

22 - His favourite place   23 - Return to (the) life   24 - Credits

Human heat - A new chance for Ennis - Return to (the) life  

I think that these are wonderfully put! The human heat of Ennis and Jack..human indeed. Ennis's new chance..beautiful. Returning to life..exactly.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2010, 01:16 PM by rdx »
"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2010, 04:16 PM »
looks cool RDX   O0
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #84 on: Jul 21, 2010, 01:58 PM »
(At least) two French online retailers state that a new Blu-ray will be released in late September in France. The other says that it's a 2-disc set and the other uses a definition 'VIP Combo'. At the moment no additional information is given.

Interesting indeed... :s) I hope it is a proper 2-disc BD-set with some new extras, not a (useless) BD/DVD combo.

We shall see... $f$
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2010, 03:53 PM by rdx »
"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #85 on: Jul 22, 2010, 10:20 AM »
(At least) two French online retailers state that a new Blu-ray will be released in late September in France. The other says that it's a 2-disc set and the other uses a definition 'VIP Combo'. At the moment no additional information is given.

Interesting indeed... :s) I hope it is a proper 2-disc BD-set with some new extras, not a (useless) BD/DVD combo.

We shall see... $f$

Yup ¡ And we'll have to ask it to some French buddies...I really want it ¡  :c)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #86 on: Aug 22, 2010, 06:01 AM »
Someone please trade with me your sample cells for mine with daddy Twist!   :t)  :i

I know this is a long shot but I'm asking anyway... #)

I've got these three from 'Édition Prestige' (secondhand: "comme neuf"...my a*s  %^%):

EnnisMaBasque

Once again, if you want to zoom in, save the pictures on your computer or open them in a new browser window.

Anyone willing to trade? I have 'prepared' (though heart bleeding... :_() myself to trade 'my' Ennis for a stripe with a Jack's star moment.. (:*
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2010, 06:52 AM by rdx »

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #87 on: Aug 22, 2010, 11:13 AM »
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, rdx, but did you want the cells with daddy Twist?  If so, I'd love to have your Ennis cells ;)

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #88 on: Aug 22, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Mr dirtbiker, thanks for your interest.  O0

I'm not interested in Pa Twist per se but in frames with Jack and some spectacular moment of his. Then I'm willing to give up 'my' Ennis.. #)

Offline WildCatIsle

• Joy, that near to me remains
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I'm sorry (I love you) It's alright (I love you)
« Reply #89 on: Aug 22, 2010, 01:38 PM »
I know this is a long shot but I'm asking anyway... #)

I've got these three from 'Édition Prestige' (secondhand: "comme neuf"...my a*s  %^%):

EnnisMaBasque

Once again, if you want to zoom in, save the pictures on your computer or open them in a new browser window.

Anyone willing to trade? I have 'prepared' (though heart bleeding... :_() myself to trade 'my' Ennis for a strip with a Jack's star moment.. (:*
Many thanks, caballero rdx! :cr) I'm impatient to see some frame with Jack  }s{