Author Topic: Forum Updates  (Read 33000 times)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Forum Updates
« Reply #60 on: Oct 17, 2008, 06:42 AM »
Our forum now is in the process of being migrated to a different server for a more reliable and speedy service. It will take 24-48 hours to complete the process. During the process, you may experience some abnormality such as not seeing the banner or lack of some features. Eventually everything will be restored.

Please bear with us and we would appreciate if you can help us report any irregular operation in the thread below.

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=8710.0

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #61 on: Oct 19, 2008, 06:31 PM »
It saddens me to inform you that this week's Newsletter is the final issue. It is a shame to see it go and I know most will feel the same way. Please understand that it was not an easy decision and rest assured that the decision is not an indication of current forum state or a reflection of future direction. It is simply a result of lack of resources and fresh ideas to keep the forum Newsletters going and going strong. For more than two years, the Newsletter had served its purpose. Unfortunately, it is time to take a break for now but we might be back.

For all the past issues, you will find them by clicking here.

All the important forum update will be posted in the "news" box on top of the board and in this thread.

Finally, please let me take this opportunity to thank many of you for your contribution and feedback to the Newsletters. For the time being, I guess I will see you around in the forum.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline keren_b

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #62 on: Oct 20, 2008, 04:48 PM »
It saddens me to inform you that this week's Newsletter is the final issue. It is a shame to see it go and I know most will feel the same way. Please understand that it was not an easy decision and rest assured that the decision is not an indication of current forum state or a reflection of future direction. It is simply a result of lack of resources and fresh ideas to keep the forum Newsletters going and going strong. For more than two years, the Newsletter had served its purpose. Unfortunately, it is time to take a break for now but we might be back.

For all the past issues, you will find them by clicking here.

All the important forum update will be posted in the "news" box on top of the board and in this thread.

Finally, please let me take this opportunity to thank many of you for your contribution and feedback to the Newsletters. For the time being, I guess I will see you around in the forum.

Thank you everybody for all the hard work  :ghug:
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Server Update
« Reply #63 on: Oct 23, 2008, 10:39 AM »
Our forum server had a hiccup moments ago. When the forum is down, we will try our best to contact tech support and fix it as soon as possible. Below is a forum blog for the server update. When we are aware of server down time, an update will be posted on the blog.

Please bookmark the site. Thanks.

http://ennisjack.blogspot.com/

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Forum Resortation
« Reply #64 on: Mar 13, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Early today (March 13), the forum was experiencing technical difficulty with lots of errors. Several attempts were made to fix the problem but not successful.

As the last resort to bring the forum back to a working condition without significant interruption, a restoration of using backup copy was done. Inevitably, some data were lost. The backup was created on March 2 which means all the posts and personal messages, new users registered between March 2 and prior to restoration are lost. As you browse the forum, you may recognize some discrepancy. If you have threads and posts made between March 2 and 12, please help us restore and re-post them.

New Registered Users between March 2 - March 12 - please re-register again because your registration was lost.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have any question, please post in the following thread or contact any mods.

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2009, 04:14 PM by ethan »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Pontetial Scam and Spammer via PMs - IMPORTANT. Please read.
« Reply #65 on: Aug 27, 2009, 10:59 AM »
The forum has experienced PM scams by spammers. Please be cautious and not responding to any suspicious PMs or email notification sent from the forum.

If you receive any PM or email via forum that you think may be a spam, please notify me or the mod team immediately.

Or you can report it in the following thread.

Thank you very much for your help!
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009, 11:56 AM by ethan »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #66 on: Dec 08, 2009, 04:23 PM »
For a brief moment, some of you may have seen "Account Suspended" when accessing ennisjack.com

Our server hosting company suspended our account due to possibly security attack for spam and phishing activities. Now the problem has been solved.

Please bookmark the site for our server update in the event of sudden outage.

http://ennisjack.blogspot.com/

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #67 on: Aug 30, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Whew..the forum crashed and is at least now back live. Not sure what the problems were.

We were able to reinstall and upgrade the software to the latest version and restore all the data. 

There are some features not yet reinstalled - some of which you probably won't even recognize. We will see if there are needs for these features. If not, they won't be reinstalled.

One major component which I didn't finish is the profile layout. The forum may just keep it as it is now and not modifying.

One major change is the forum's URL - it is changed from http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php to http://www.ennisjack.com/forum/index.php

As you browse through, do report if there is any problem. Thank you for your help and patience during the process.