Author Topic: BBM Recital  (Read 2229332 times)

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11550 on: Dec 01, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Next scene; Ennis and Jr. are in the pick-up,on their way to Alma and Monroe's home.

-Ennis:-So I'll pick up you and Jenny up next weekend, after church.

-Junior : -Fine. (She seems worried and uncomfortable.Ennis realises it).

-Ennis :-You all right?

-Junior : -Yes.

-Ennis : -Are you sure?

-Junior :-Daddy, I was thinkin', what with the new baby and all...Ma and Monroe have been awful strict on me. More on me than Jenny even. I was thinkin', maybe I could...Maybe I could come stay with you. I'd be an awful good help, I know I would.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11551 on: Dec 01, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Ennis (shake his head,  looks clearly distressed): Now, you know I ain't set up for that. With the roundup comin'...I won't ever be home.
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11552 on: Dec 02, 2009, 11:06 AM »
-Junior:-It's all right, Daddy.

-Ennis : -I'm not sayin' that I wouldn't...

-Junior : -It's all right. I understand.

-Ennis : -Well, see you on Sunday, then.

-Junior : -Bye.

-Ennis : -Bye, sweetheart.


Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11553 on: Dec 03, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Ennis drives off, a look of concern, maybe regret, in his face as he leaves his daughter.


New Scene. At a lake in the Wyoming mountains, night. Ennis and Jack sitting by the camp fire. Jack lights a joint, takes a hit, passes it to Ennis who's nursing a bottle of Old Rose whiskey.

JACK: Gonna' snow tonight fur sure.

ENNIS: Yup.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11554 on: Dec 03, 2009, 09:56 AM »
Jack (taking a side glance at Ennis): An' all this time and you ain't found nobody else to marry?

"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11555 on: Dec 03, 2009, 01:08 PM »
-Ennis:-I been puttin' the blocks to a good-looking little gal over in Riverton. She's a waitress. Wants to go to nursing school or somethin'. I don't know. What about you and Lureen?

-Jack : -Lureen's good at making hard deals in the machinery business but as far as our marriage goes...we could do it over the phone.



Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline min

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1858
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11556 on: Dec 04, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Jack continues:  I kinda got a thing goin' with a ranch foreman's wife over in Childress...
I'm scared I'll get shot by Lureen or the husband, each time I slip off to see her.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11557 on: Dec 05, 2009, 10:45 AM »
The two men are smiling an' chuckling over Jack's admission, Ennis cracks:

ENNIS: Yeah, you probably deserve it. Huh?

Ennis looks at Jack and they both smile. While Ennis is still lookin' at Jack, Jack looks off to the distance, suddenly becomes somewhat serious . . . ponders his words long and carefully . . .

JACK: Tell you what, the truth is . . . . . sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Ennis, whose been watching Jack make this admission, seems genuinely moved and (in true Ennis fashion) is unable to call up any words with which to reply. Turns his gaze from Jack into the fire as if he's lookin' there for the words.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11558 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:38 AM »
New scene.  At night.  We see Ennis and Jack asleep inside the tent.  Jack is asleep on his side, and Ennis is also asleep with his arms around Jack.


Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11559 on: Dec 06, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Next scene;Ennis and Jack are packaging their things and putting them in their trucks.They both look worried and somehow sad.Jack turns to Ennis and begins to talk in a rather melancholic way.

-Jack : -I guess I'll head up on to Lightning Flats. See the folks for a day or two.

Ennis looks rather nervous,eating his nails and trying to say something that seems not to be able to be say out loud.

-Ennis : -There's somethin' I been meanin' to tell you, bud. Well, it's likely November before I can come out here again. After we ship stock and before winter feedin' starts again.



Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline min

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1858
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11560 on: Dec 07, 2009, 02:10 AM »
Jack stunned: November? What in hell happened to August?
Jack continues as he slams shuts the truck door: Christ, Ennis, you had a f***in' week to say some little word about this.
Ennis remains silent as Jack walks away from him toward the lake: And why is it we're always in the friggin' cold? We oughta go south where it's warm, you know. We oughta go to Mexico!

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11561 on: Dec 07, 2009, 02:27 AM »
Ennis (trying to smooth things up):Mexico? Hell, Jack, you know me. About all the travellin' I ever done is around a coffee pot, looking for the handle.Come on, Jack. Lighten up on me. We can hunt in November. Kill us a nice elk. I'll try if I can get Don Wroe's cabin again. We had a good time that year, didn't we?

Jack (with a bitter voice) :There's never enough time, never enough!
---
(owh, the confrontation is so heartbreaking...sigh....)
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11562 on: Dec 07, 2009, 05:52 AM »
Jack turns around to face his friend and lover
Years of frustration begin to boil over

JACK: Ya' know friend, this is a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation.
          You use ta' come away easy . . . now it's like seein' the Pope.

Ennis, not clear as to where this discussion is goin' -

ENNIS: Jack I gotta' work, huh?  In them earlier days I'd just quit the job.
            You . . . . You forget what it's like bein' broke all the time.


Jack turns away, doesn't want to hear Ennis's excuse.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11563 on: Dec 07, 2009, 10:59 AM »
-Ennis:- You ever hear of child support? I'll tell you this, I can't quit this one...and I can't get the time off. It was hard enough gettin' this time. The trade-off was August. Well, you got a better idea ?

This has been the phrase-key for Jack.He turns his face to Ennis and says bitterly:

-I did, once.




Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11564 on: Dec 07, 2009, 11:15 AM »
ENNIS (agitated): You did once......
You been to Mexico, Jack? I heard about what they got in Mexico for boys like you..


"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11565 on: Dec 07, 2009, 12:21 PM »
The men are staring hard into each other eyes now, as Annie says, trespassing in the shoot 'em zone.

JACK: Hell yes I been to Mexico. - Is that a f**kin' problem?

we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11566 on: Dec 07, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Ennis looks Jack straight in the eye.  :  I've got to say this to you one time, JACK F*CKIN TWIST, and I ain't foolin'.  What I don't know...all them things I don't know...could get you killed if I should come to know them.

Ennis spits on the ground, turns his back on Jack and starts walking away.
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline min

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1858
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11567 on: Dec 07, 2009, 11:00 PM »
Jack replies angrily:  Yeah, well try this one...and I'll say it just once..

Ennis turns around and says:  Go ahead!

Jack with bitterness in his voice:  Tell you what...we coulda had a good life together, a f***in real good life...had us a place of our own...but you didn't want it, Ennis!

Jack continues as he turns and throws his arms up:  So what we got now is Brokeback Mountain...everything's built on that!

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11568 on: Dec 08, 2009, 06:42 AM »
Jack continues his tirade at Ennis:

JACK: That's all we got boy, fu**in" all, so I hope you know that, if you don't never know the rest.

Ennis turns away, mutters something only the horses can hear, Jack continues, comes up behind Ennis while shaking his fist at him.

You count the the damn few times that we've been together in nearly twenty years, an' you measure the short fu**in' leash you keep me on, an' then you ask me about Mexico an' you tell me you'd kill me for needin' somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Jack is lookin' directly at Ennis, Ennis is unable to return the stare, with his back to Jack he looks at the ground and listens to Jack's story of their lives.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2009, 08:59 AM by jackster »
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11569 on: Dec 08, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Jack continues agitated more and more  ...:
You have no idea how bad it gets!!!! I'm not like you I can't make it in a couple of high altitude f*cks once or twice a year..You're too much for me Ennis, you son of a whoreson' bitch....

Jack turns toward the lake saying bitterly: 
    I wish I knew how to quit you..

...................

sigh...

"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11570 on: Dec 08, 2009, 03:07 PM »
All of a sudden,by hearing these words,Ennis turns his face and we can see he's crying:

-Ennis : -Then why don't you? Why don't you just let me be, huh?

In a less rough tone:

-It's because of you, Jack, that I'm like this! I'm nothing... I'm nowhere...

Meanwhile,Jack has also turned his face to Ennis and sees how devastated his lover is.He forgets his sorrow for a moment and walks to Ennis.

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11571 on: Dec 08, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Ennis's emotions get the better of him, he groans - Argh . . .

Jack's bitter anger fades quickly into pity and he moves to the sobbing Ennis, tries to put his arms around him.

Ennis explodes, pushes Jack away, shouting . . .  Get the f*** off me!!!

Jack redoubles his efforts as Ennis collapses to the ground, Jack's arms encircle him.

Ennis continues to groan and sob, Jack quietly reassures him with the same words he used when Ennis came to him SNIT.

JACK: It's alright, it's alright . . .  . . Damn you Ennis

ENNIS: I can't stand this anymore Jack . . .


What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor
understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come
up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some
shared and sexless hunger.

They had stood that way for a long time in front of the fire, its
burning tossing ruddy chunks of light, the shadow of their bodies a single
column against the rock. The minutes ticked by from the round watch in
Ennis's pocket, from the sticks in the fire settling into coals. Stars bit
through the wavy heat layers above the fire. Ennis's breath came slow and
quiet, he hummed, rocked a little in the sparklight, and Jack leaned against
the steady heartbeat, the vibrations of the humming like faint electricity
and, standing, he fell into sleep that was not sleep but something else
drowsy and tranced until Ennis, dredging up a rusty but still usable phrase
from the childhood time before his mother died, said, "Time to hit the hay,
cowboy. I got a go. Come on, you're sleepin on your feet like a horse,"
and gave Jack a shake, a push, and went off in the darkness. Jack heard his
spurs tremble as he mounted, the words "See you tomorrow," and the horse's
shuddering snort, grind of hoof on stone.

Later, that dozy embrace solidified in his memory as the single
moment of artless, charmed happiness in their separate and difficult lives.
Nothing marred it, even the knowledge that Ennis would not then embrace him
face to face because he did not want to see or feel that it was Jack he
held. And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that. Let
be, let be.


we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11572 on: Dec 09, 2009, 10:31 AM »
This devastated (and devastating) scene joins inmediately with another one from the old good times in BBM; we see Jack half slept while Ennis approaches to him and holds him from behind.

-Ennis:-Come on now, you're sleepin' on your feet like a horse.My mama used to say that to me when I was little.And sing to me.

He begins to whisper a song; we can see them on their feet,strongly united.Their bodies are moving softly one against the other.

-Ennis:-I got to go. See you in the morning.








Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11573 on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:17 PM »
The young Jack gazes lovingly at the departing Ennis.  The scene changes to the present: we see the aged and disillusioned Jack gaze with "empty" and sad eyes at the departing Ennis (driving away in his truck).  The contrast could not have been greater.

 

Offline min

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1858
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11574 on: Dec 10, 2009, 03:29 AM »
New scene...at the Greyhound bus station in Riverton...Ennis sits alone in the cafeteria, eating apple pie.  Cassie comes in with Carl and sees Ennis.

Cassie (to Carl):  Excuse me..., and walks up to Ennis...

Cassie (to Ennis):  Hey... Ennis Del Mar...  Where ya been?

Ennis continues to eat, replies without looking at Cassie:  Here and there...

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11575 on: Dec 10, 2009, 10:03 AM »
-Cassie:-I left word for you with Steve at the ranch. And you must've got those notes I left at your place.

-Ennis:(signing at Carl with his head):Looks like I got the message, in any case.

-Cassie:-Carl? Yeah, Carl's nice. He even talks.

-Ennis (without letting his meal):-Good for you.





Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11576 on: Dec 10, 2009, 12:44 PM »
Cassie ( with tears in her eyes): Yeah...  Good for me.
 I don't get you, Ennis Del Mar...

"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline min

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1858
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11577 on: Dec 11, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Ennis:  I'm sorry...I was probably no fun anyways, was I?

Cassie:  Ennis...girls don't fall in love with fun.

Cassie gets up from the table, crying, and rushes off to Carl, and they both hurry out the door.

Ennis remains sitting, looking miserable and sad.

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11578 on: Dec 11, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Next scene. :_(

Ennis goes out from the Post Office with some madazines and letters.One of them is a card he thinks is from Jack.When he reads it,he sees the word "Deceased" in red letters printed over it.
Time seems to stop for Ennis,who remains in the middle of the street looking at this word,as if he couldn't believe it...
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline min

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1858
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11579 on: Dec 12, 2009, 03:06 PM »
New scene:

Phone ringing is picked up by Lureen: Hello?

Ennis:  Hello...this is, uh, Ennis Del Mar, uh...

Lureen: Who...who is this?

Ennis:  Ennis del Mar...I'm an old buddy of Jack's...

Lureen:  Jack used to mention you...you're the fishin' buddy, or the huntin' buddy..I know that.  Woulda let you know what happened, but wasn't sure about your name or address.  Jack kept his friends' addresses in his head.