Author Topic: Any Cut Scenes?  (Read 41796 times)

Offline francis.shim

  • aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 258
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2006, 07:46 AM »
*sigh* ... I've finally figured out why theres a cowboy in the YMCA ...

.... named Randy, right!!!! lol

Peace,
Frank

Offline francis.shim

  • aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 258
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2006, 07:49 AM »
Quote
Quote from: tpe on Yesterday at 05:36:43
Quote from: oliver701 on 26 January 2006, 17:59:06
YOU can't have him. He's mine!

You'll get in trouble once Ennis finds out!

Nah...I'll keep Ennis busy...do take Jack away for a few hours ..pliz!

Hmm. I can see there's only one solution to this dilemma: we'll have to take both Jack and Ennis to Kamino and create a clone army so there will be enough to go around!


Oh... and then you go... "One for you, one for me, two for you and ... two ... for ... me" ?
... I don't think so.

Peace,
Frank

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Hmm. I can see there's only one solution to this dilemma: we'll have to take both Jack and Ennis to Kamino and create a clone army so there will be enough to go around!


Clones..no probs, as long as I get the original (you never know what a clone will turn out to be these days! LOL)
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline rabjr1

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1886
  • Gender: Male
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:32 AM »


       Oh boy, I can see "Restraining Order" ALL over this one.
RAB aka Raoul The Really Rotten

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:36 AM »


       Oh boy, I can see "Restraining Order" ALL over this one.

 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D............ :P
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline honestjoe1959

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Gender: Male
  • a love that will never grow old...
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2006, 09:53 PM »
regarding john twist and the bathroom scene in the short story...

jack's dad was uncircumsized; jack was not.

Offline Rod

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 85
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I have read or seen some scenes which are not in the movie. I wish I have the pic to remind.

One came to my mind is - in the trailer, there is one scene where Ennis and Jack were in the car. When could this take place? When they were going to the Motel? That is the only one I could think of the possibility.

Any other scenes?

I happened to buy a script on ebay from the film, there were several scenes in it that were not included in the movie, hopefully they will added to the DVD, and some scenes in the script I got were changed later for the film.

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2006, 06:35 PM »
I happened to buy a script on ebay from the film, there were several scenes in it that were not included in the movie, hopefully they will added to the DVD, and some scenes in the script I got were changed later for the film.

Hi Rod,
Can you share some with us???
Thankx
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline ethan

  • Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 11247
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #38 on: Feb 23, 2006, 06:53 PM »
I heard there is a version of script dated in 2003 which is not the same as the one published in the from story to screenplay book.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Rod

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 85
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #39 on: Feb 23, 2006, 07:34 PM »
I happened to buy a script on ebay from the film, there were several scenes in it that were not included in the movie, hopefully they will added to the DVD, and some scenes in the script I got were changed later for the film.

Hi Rod,
Can you share some with us???
Thankx

sure but of course I have no idea which of the many scripts are out there and/or time frame...and some of these aren't "new" scenes just changed scenes...
1. Ennis in the truck coming to town talking to the driver and then asking directions from guys (u see them in the trailers) who work at a garage.
2. Much longer scene in the bar after meeting at Aquirres trailer.
3. Both spent the night in Jack's truck, Jack sleeping, Ennis sitting there smoking awake.
4.  In this one Ennis get in the tent (THE NIGHT) but doesn't get under the bedroll, later Jack wakes him up and he does.
5. Next night Jack is in the bedroll and Ennis is dressing to head up to the sheep.
6. When the sheep get mixed up with the Chiliean sheepherders, Jack kinda takes charge and shows of  in front of Ennis until he realizes the Chilean sheperds do not speak English, then he is kinda crestfallen.
7. Scene right after Ennis and Alman get married they are in the truck doing doughnuts in the snow and the hit a snow bank.
8. When Jack tries to pick up the rodeo clown, the guy goes and sits with his friends.
9. A scene where Lureen and Jack have their pictures taken at the rodeo where they meet.
10. A scene where Monroe delivers groceries and flirts with Alma.
11. In the motel room more dialogue with Ennis and Jack. (In the movie most of this dialogue was moved to the I wish I knew how to quit you scene.
12. Christmas pageant with Ennis and family.
13. Another quick flirt scene with Alma and Monroe.
14. Postcard from Ennis to Jack...Divorce final, E.
15. Jack in a bar in Mexico.
16. Jack walks out of the house during the Thanksgiving scene.
17.  Ennis driving back home after the fight in the road on Thanksgiving..spittin blood out the window.
18. Jack and Lureen pick up the couple who's car broke down on the way to the Charity Ball.
19. Jack and Randall have a "look" at each other while Jack is dancing with Lashawn.
20. Ennis and Cassie at the drive in watching Star Wars.  Ennis wants to get their money back.
21. A scene where Jack picks Ennis up in his new truck, (after Lureen's dad died).
22. Cassie finds Ennis at the the restaurant, she has been driving around looking for him, she had been crying.
23.  When Ennis is trying to figure out how Jack died, he sees the scene where the guy around his home place was killed but the dead man had Jack's face.
24. Scene where Ennis is trying to find the postcard of Brokeback to hang with his and Jack's shirt.
25. Last scene he tacks the postcard on the wall beside the shirts, they are not in closet out in plain site on the wall. Jack, I swear....
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2006, 07:36 PM by Rod »

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #40 on: Feb 23, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Thanks Rod...

2003 you say Ethan! Interesting ;D
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline rebecca

  • Cassie
  • *
  • Posts: 13
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #41 on: Feb 26, 2006, 10:46 AM »
 :-*help me please! anyone can upload those cut scenes here? i want to see and i want to download.

Offline *Froggy*

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10977
  • Gender: Female
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #42 on: Feb 26, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Not available yet...wait for the DVD
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline Cowboy Cody

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7886
  • Gender: Male
  • Here I IS!
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #43 on: Feb 26, 2006, 06:33 PM »
1. Jack's mine, and I'll rassle anyone for him! hahaha

2. Sometimes the papparazzi goes to far. Sneakin' in to take pics, It is a business but is it really fair to do so?

3. I want a DVD with all the cut scenes included. I hope Ang Lee does, but i wouldn't bet on it!
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

cara1158

  • Guest
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #44 on: Mar 02, 2006, 11:36 AM »
With such a gut/heart wrenching movie, I wonder if there will be any "bloopers" included in the DVD?!  I doubt it.  But it would sure be fun to watch!

Offline sam

  • "It was a Friendship...that became a Secret..."
  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 88
  • Gender: Male
  • Jake: Bafta Awards 2006:"Best Supporting Actor"
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #45 on: Mar 02, 2006, 11:42 PM »
What about the garage scene we see in the trailer?

And also the scenes from from Lureen and Jack and Jack Jr?

Jack Jr.? I thought their son was named Bobby. There are several references to that name; once when Jack was looking for his parka and asked about getting a tutor for the kid, and then at Thanksgiving.


Hmmm, I also thought that his name was "Bobby" in the movie...

"See? I can already see
what little Bobby looks like."

"Bobby, if you don't eat your dinner..."

"You know, you're worse than Bobby
when it comes to losin' stuff."

I had a copy of 'one' of the screenplay's sent to me last week, (dunno which one tho...maybe the one dating from 2003) and in it, Ennis' two girls are called: FRANCINE and Alma Jr., and not JENNY and Alma Jr. (<--like in the film).

I thought that this was strange...and wondered why they changed the name...

Once in a generation a movie comes along which changes the way we think about film...
"Brokeback Mountain" is that film.

rose

  • Guest
What scenes would you have added/lengthened or removed/shortened?
« Reply #46 on: Feb 19, 2009, 04:30 PM »
If you could change scenes in the movie, what would you have done differently? For instance, I would have added a scene where Ennis and Jack slow danced on Brokeback Mountain (it's random, yes, but I would have loved to see it there  <^( ) and I would have shortened some of the scenes with Jack and Ennis's wives/girlfriends/kids, because it made it seem like the movie was more about the married life of Jack and Ennis seperately, not about the two of them together.

Also, this is totally  *o) but I live with my parents and I've wanted to read the book and watch the movie again (I watched the movie once in deep secrecy at 3 am) and I wonder what it would take for me to get a little privacy... my parents would keel over (t) if they knew that I'm a Brokie.  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2009, 05:02 PM by rose »

Offline Tony

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 797
  • Gender: Male
   This is a tough one, because we have the film kind of indelibly printed in our minds.  Myself, Rose, I don't mind the family scenes as I think they are critical to understanding the characters when away from each other.  But, here's some maybe's:

 - the mix-up with the Chilean sheep could have been written and done better.
 - after they dove off the cliff into the water, they should have shown them in the water, swimming (icy cold as it was).
 - the motel scene could have had about a minute more of dialogue.
 - the Mexican prostitute should have been better looking  ::)

 But it's an interesting question and I wonder what others might think.

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Hmmm.  I think there was a similar discussion about this in the past.  Some members did note that they would have slashed off a bit of the scenes with the wives. 

But I think I also noted before that the scenes certainly moved the story fuurther along.  They were necessary in terms of development -- to prepare the groundwork of what was to happen soon after.  And indeed, don't you feel the release after the long separation ends with that wonderful reunion kiss?  :)  The tension that gradually built up in all the prior scenes with the wives served the purpose very well. ;)

Nonetheless, I do agree with you that I would have preferred more Ennis and Jack screentime.  ;)



 

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #49 on: Feb 20, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Thomas is right, this was already discussed so we merged your thread to this one and it is a nice opportunity to revive the discussion.  :)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #50 on: Feb 20, 2009, 09:26 AM »
Thomas is right, this was already discussed so we merged your thread to this one and it is a nice opportunity to revive the discussion.  :)

Thanks Cham.  :) 

Rose, I hope you don't mind the merge.  We can continue the discussion here, as I think it is good to talk about this further...  :)


rose

  • Guest
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #51 on: Feb 20, 2009, 12:38 PM »
I totally didn't see that thread...  ~)

Thanks for merging them! It's a great chance to keep this discussion going. :d)

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #52 on: Feb 20, 2009, 08:59 PM »
No need to be sorry rose, this topic is just waking up and thanks for posting.  ^f^
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ethan

  • Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 11247
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
I also agree with tpe and Tony that the scenes with wives and what went on in their lives separately are important.

Since there is some discrepancy between SS and movie, some may wish more or less of the screen time between Ennis and Jack. Like Tony, I wish the motel scene would be longer because it was a turning point for Ennis. The initiation of Ennis kissing Jack at the reunion clearly demonstrated his feelings toward Jack.

I thought the movie was long when I saw it for the first time not knowing what to expect. But now, I wish it could just run forever. Well there were 20 years of relationship to tell.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
I also agree with tpe and Tony that the scenes with wives and what went on in their lives separately are important.

Since there is some discrepancy between SS and movie, some may wish more or less of the screen time between Ennis and Jack. Like Tony, I wish the motel scene would be longer because it was a turning point for Ennis. The initiation of Ennis kissing Jack at the reunion clearly demonstrated his feelings toward Jack.

I thought the movie was long when I saw it for the first time not knowing what to expect. But now, I wish it could just run forever. Well there were 20 years of relationship to tell.

I also felt that the motel scene could have been given a bit more treatment.  The reunion kiss was passionate, but I don't think showing a little bit of the passion upon reaching the motel room would not have hurt.  Of course, the movie and the ss pretty much begin the scene when they are all spent and enjoying their company after sex.  The ss has a bit of the upper hand here, IMO, because it evokes a very visceral image of the room and their positions -- barely suggested in the movie.


vedrana

  • Guest
If you could change scenes in the movie, what would you have done differently? For instance, I would have added a scene where Ennis and Jack slow danced on Brokeback Mountain (it's random, yes, but I would have loved to see it there  <^( ) and I would have shortened some of the scenes with Jack and Ennis's wives/girlfriends/kids, because it made it seem like the movie was more about the married life of Jack and Ennis seperately, not about the two of them together.

Also, this is totally  *o) but I live with my parents and I've wanted to read the book and watch the movie again (I watched the movie once in deep secrecy at 3 am) and I wonder what it would take for me to get a little privacy... my parents would keel over (t) if they knew that I'm a Brokie.  ;D

Is there such a scene?

Coz it sounds beautiful - the two of them dancing... <^( <^( <^(

vedrana

  • Guest
   This is a tough one, because we have the film kind of indelibly printed in our minds.  Myself, Rose, I don't mind the family scenes as I think they are critical to understanding the characters when away from each other.  But, here's some maybe's:

 - the mix-up with the Chilean sheep could have been written and done better.
- after they dove off the cliff into the water, they should have shown them in the water, swimming (icy cold as it was).
 - the motel scene could have had about a minute more of dialogue.
 - the Mexican prostitute should have been better looking  ::)

 But it's an interesting question and I wonder what others might think.

I agree with all of it, but the bold is the same as I thought (or maybe even posted somewhere)

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #57 on: Feb 24, 2009, 08:43 AM »
Jack seemed to have preferred the more rugged type, correct?

In any case, I didn't think any of the other men Jack casually "associated" with was especially attractive, although they had the more masculine feel to them, as opposed to an ephebe.

The scene in the alley.  The shadows they disappeared into hid a dead end, so I suppose they did what they did semi-public -- standing up.  I am gald that THAT wasn't elaborated on.  ;)

vedrana

  • Guest
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #58 on: Feb 24, 2009, 11:04 AM »
It was very powerful scene, the music and the darkness and the sadness...  :(

I am not sure if they did it semi-public, I'd like to think not. But it was left undefined like many other things.. :s)

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: Any Cut Scenes?
« Reply #59 on: Feb 24, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Jack seemed to have preferred the more rugged type, correct?

In any case, I didn't think any of the other men Jack casually "associated" with was especially attractive, although they had the more masculine feel to them, as opposed to an ephebe.

The scene in the alley.  The shadows they disappeared into hid a dead end, so I suppose they did what they did semi-public -- standing up.  I am gald that THAT wasn't elaborated on.  ;)
For me this scene is well enough as it has been done.Only a shot to show the kind of meanness where homosexuality linked with poverty was,the kind of "another world" far away from BBM,Ennis and Jack could find by feeling as they did.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.