Author Topic: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*  (Read 174246 times)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
Re: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*
« Reply #150 on: Nov 11, 2006, 04:52 AM »
Maybe it's an extra minute of unseen footage ::)...It says running time of 2hrs 15 mins as opposed to the original 2hrs 14 mins.Surely the unseen footage cannot just be a whole 60 seconds worth?But there is also bonus material on disc 1 so that must be the unseen stuff i reckon ;)

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
« Reply #151 on: Nov 11, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Maybe it's an extra minute of unseen footage ::)...It says running time of 2hrs 15 mins as opposed to the original 2hrs 14 mins.Surely the unseen footage cannot just be a whole 60 seconds worth?But there is also bonus material on disc 1 so that must be the unseen stuff i reckon ;)

Maybe its one minute extra in the tent! Or longer hugs. That would be worth hours of other stuff!
Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

aimi15

« Reply #152 on: Nov 12, 2006, 05:00 AM »
As long as there is every single take done in the 'tent of love' and during the reunion kiss i will not be disappointed.  ;)
It will be interesting to see any new stuff, its almost as exciting as getting the original dvd again.

theohsocurlyone

« Reply #153 on: Nov 12, 2006, 12:55 PM »
About this special DVD - I was linked to this site, and...

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63131

(Apologies if this has already been posted.)

If this is true, then it doesn't seem like much, does it? Where are the deleted scenes?  There doesn't seem to be much extra at all, from the original version, anyway?

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #154 on: Nov 12, 2006, 01:09 PM »
I just hope that the "never before seen footage" isn't the new featurettes, and that those menus are tentative...  I would be enormously disappointed if that was the case.  I can't believe Universal would allow a ripoff like this especially when they know there are diehard fans like us....   ^*)

• Ennis
« Reply #155 on: Nov 12, 2006, 01:21 PM »
I just hope that the "never before seen footage" isn't the new featurettes, and that those menus are tentative... 

Lets hope there is lots of tent in that tentative! ;D

Offline ellye

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #156 on: Nov 12, 2006, 02:03 PM »
I just hope that the "never before seen footage" isn't the new featurettes, and that those menus are tentative...  I would be enormously disappointed if that was the case.  I can't believe Universal would allow a ripoff like this especially when they know there are diehard fans like us....   ^*)

So if that new report is right, the only 'extra' is some music and still pics?

Won't be worth buying!

What a letdown! Stills are what you get on DVD's that are too mean to give you extras! I don't consider some still pics and some 5 minute piece about the music to be worthy of being called a Collectors Edition, cos it's much the same as the original, just a rip off, putting it on two discs and charging more money for it!

I'd been so looking forward to getting some of the deleted scenes we know exist, at the very least.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006, 02:10 PM by ellye »

• Ennis
« Reply #157 on: Nov 12, 2006, 02:25 PM »
I am totally confused. So I am not going to pre-order as I did with the DVD. I'll wait and see waht other people here say about it when it is released and decide then.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #158 on: Nov 12, 2006, 02:56 PM »
The Universal site has already lowered the preorder price of the DVD - maybe they realized that this collectors edition is nothing more than a few extra stills and a rehash of previous featurettes and couldn't charge the initial 23.95 for it.  The least we're asking for are some deleted scenes, and a commentary. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   ^*)  I hope we're all wrong about this!

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #159 on: Nov 12, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Well this is what it said With all-new bonus features, never-before-seen footage and highly collectible postcards, this definitive set magnifies the emotion, drama and power of one of cinema's most groundbreaking films.
So maybe the never before seen footage is in the new bonus features?  :-\\ I have no idea but it better be more than just some stills- I;d enjoy them nonetheless but I want the never before seen footage.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline ellye

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #160 on: Nov 12, 2006, 03:06 PM »
The Universal site has already lowered the preorder price of the DVD - maybe they realized that this collectors edition is nothing more than a few extra stills and a rehash of previous featurettes and couldn't charge the initial 23.95 for it.  The least we're asking for are some deleted scenes, and a commentary. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   ^*)  I hope we're all wrong about this!

And who is that on a horse on the Bonus Features page? Looks like one of the men hired to help them look after the sheep. It's not Heath or Jake. Says it all, that, about the thought that went into it all!

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #161 on: Nov 12, 2006, 03:32 PM »
I suggest that we all send Universal Studios an email about our outrage and disappointment -
http://www.universalstudios.com/homepage/html/contact_us/contact_form.cgi?email_id=10

theohsocurlyone

« Reply #162 on: Nov 12, 2006, 04:35 PM »
I can't believe Universal would allow a ripoff like this especially when they know there are diehard fans like us....   ^*)

I know! It's a bloody huge letdown; I was so looking forward to this! Damn Universal people.  Maybe they're trying to trick us so that we'll be happier when the *proper* version comes out...if only.

:X :X :X

Offline ellye

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #163 on: Nov 12, 2006, 05:34 PM »
I highly doubt the review is credible.  The reviewer is from India, for god's sake, and how in the world would he have the inside knowledge of what's in Disc 2 when the official Universal Studios page doesn't even have the specifics available yet?   ^^)

He must have known what the rest of us didn't, because he's turned out to be spot on with what he said was to come.

And I agree completely with what he says and what he wants!

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #164 on: Nov 12, 2006, 06:29 PM »

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #165 on: Nov 12, 2006, 06:31 PM »
At least they don't have the Oscar debacle plastered on the cover :)
J.x
The stranger on horseback...Huh?

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #166 on: Nov 13, 2006, 12:29 AM »
As long as there is every single take done in the 'tent of love' and during the reunion kiss i will not be disappointed.  ;)
It will be interesting to see any new stuff, its almost as exciting as getting the original dvd again.

Ha!  Every take of all the good scenes?  You wish!  I wish, we all wish.  I wonder...what do filmmakers do with all the "cutting room floor" stuff?  I don't mean scenes they later decide not to put in, but takes they know they won't be using, once they get the one they want.  Or is it all digital and they just delete the not-used takes?

Yes, this is disappointing, that it's not going to be an extravaganza for all the BBM fans.  I wonder if "they" know how numerous we are?  (Or are we?  Maybe we're a little tiny crazy group that thinks the universe revolves around BBM :)  )  Another question, why is Universal putting this out, and not Focus Features?  Or is the film company not necessarily who puts out DVD's?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #167 on: Nov 13, 2006, 01:27 AM »
Kathy, I think Universal bought the rights from Focus Features to re-release this edition.  Maybe Focus is a subsidiary of Universal?   :s)

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #168 on: Nov 13, 2006, 08:44 AM »
This is absurd  ^*)

• Ennis
« Reply #169 on: Nov 13, 2006, 01:01 PM »
The reviewer is from India, for god's sake, and how in the world would he have the inside knowledge of what's in Disc 2 when the official Universal Studios page doesn't even have the specifics available yet?   ^^)

Do not be too disparaging about India - it is rapidly turning itself into a global power in software development and hardware production. The DVDs may well be prodiced there. Someone may well have slipped one into a jacket pocket from the production line and watched it at home. He may even have been given a back hander to get it counterfeited.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #170 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:05 PM »
What a disappointment this is turning out to be. :X
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

• Ennis
« Reply #171 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:44 PM »

Then maybe we ought to get a protest action together - to the studios. Publicity. Whatever.

We want more Brokeback and we want it now!  &**)

I really mean this, and judging by the posting above others do to.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #172 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:55 PM »

Then maybe we ought to get a protest action together - to the studios. Publicity. Whatever.

I made a post in my personal livejournal and at the livejournal Wranglers community asking them to send Universal emails about the situation and the spread then word about it. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling somewhere and they will wake their a$$e$ up.  ^^)

Offline jesseanne21

• Jack + Ennis
  • Never enough time, never enough
« Reply #173 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:56 PM »

Okay, everyone, let's just take a deep breath here...the Collector's Edition will not be released until January 23rd (that's 71 more days) and between then and now we are sure to get lots of wrong information and crazy rumors. 

I'm just happy there is going to be a Collector's Edition and I will just wait until January 23rd and see what it's like...no reason to start being upset now, or you'll be a nervous wreck by then.  I have faith in Ang

However, it couldn't hurt to let him know what WE (the loyal BBM fans) would like to see in the Collector's Edition!

[they were] both high school dropout country boys with no prospects, brought up to hard work and privation, both rough-mannered, rough-spoken, inured to the stoic life.   

(BBM short story)

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #174 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:56 PM »
I suggest that we all send Universal Studios an email about our outrage and disappointment -

http://www.universalstudios.com/homepage/html/contact_us/contact_form.cgi?email_id=10

Unhappy brokies should go to the above link and voice their disappointment

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #175 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:57 PM »

Sent my email off this morning :)

Offline mrsean

• Cassie
« Reply #176 on: Nov 14, 2006, 03:04 AM »

Sent my email off this morning :)

Set mine too.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #177 on: Nov 14, 2006, 04:42 PM »
I sent them this letter:

Greetings.

A review posted on Amazon.com for the Collectors Edition of BBM (slated to be available on January 2007) has alerted me and many fans on the deficiencies of the said edition.  Specifically, it seems that there is very little additional material relative to the original DVD release. Also, no deleted scenes are included, and no commentary is available.

I urge you to address these deficiencies if there is yet time.  I, for one, would be greatly disappointed if the Amazon review turns out to be accurate.

I have loved and enjoyed this film from the onset -- loved it enough to spend about 7000.00 USD on BBM-related material and on original film props at the various auctions. This film has attracted a faithful and very discerning following.  I trust that you will not disappoint us.

Offline lamusica

• Ennis
« Reply #178 on: Nov 14, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Sent my email today, requesting deleted scenes and more words from author, director, actors, etc.
"Let's put a SSSSMILE on your faceeee!"

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #179 on: Nov 14, 2006, 05:02 PM »
If anybody receives a reply, please share it here so that we can all get up to speed on the developments (if they will allow any). I sent mine yesterday morning and have yet to hear back. My educated guess is that they are receiving many emails. As I stated, I posted this information as well as the link to contact Universal on my personal livejournal as well as the Wranglers community and told them to pass on the message. Hopefully they are receiving many disappointed emails from us fans and can offer up an explanation soon.  O0