Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 646681 times)

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1560 on: Dec 18, 2010, 11:52 PM »
Ledger project launched
AAP, The West Australian December 10, 2010

Heath Ledger's career was well-documented on the big screen, but personal accounts of his early years within the film industry are sadly lacking.

That realisation, which followed the actor's untimely death in 2008, has prompted a new project that aims to capture the fears, hopes and expectations of young artists.

The Heath Ledger project will record the thoughts and aspirations of actors, writers, singers and performers as they graduate from the nation's leading art institutions.

Their progress, including ups and downs, will be tracked in follow-up interviews every five years.

Heath's father Kim, who launched the project in Canberra, said any attempt to get a young Heath to speak about his own life ambitions would have been a challenge.

"It was often hard to get any words out of his mouth ... but how we wish we had encouraged him to do so," he told the crowd at the National Film and Sound Archive.

He recalled his son's "steely" determination to follow a career in acting after barely finishing high school.

"His career probably started in his head when he was very, very young.

"He grew up just knowing what he wanted to do... and when he decided to go he just went."

Kim said he was "frightened" when Heath left Perth for the east coast with the goal of breaking into the cut-throat industry.

But by 20 he landed the lead in Two Hands, launching him onto the world stage.

Before his death at 28, Heath starred in many big-screen films including A Knight's Tale, Brokeback Mountain and his Oscar winning role as The Joker in A Knight's Tale.

Kim said his son was always an optimist who lived life without a dull moment, often cutting sleep because he was so busy keeping himself busy.

But, like any artist, he faced challenges and could have used more guidance and support from within the industry.

One young actor keen to follow in Heath's footsteps into Hollywood is 25-year-old Eamon Farren, who will take part in the recorded interview project.

The National Institute of Dramatic Art graduate, and Heath Ledger acting scholarship winner, promised to be candid about his own fears, thoughts and ambitions on tape.

"Let's have an honest conversation," said Mr Farren, who's appeared in series including All Saints and the Steven Spielberg's The Pacific, told reporters.

Arts Minister Simon Crean says the project will help to bridge the gap in Australia's recorded oral history.
"Oral history gives us something that written history doesn't... an authentic voice, rather than the written reports," he said.

Is it any wonder that it he was able to "become" Ennis DelMar with such convincing thoroughness?
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1561 on: Dec 19, 2010, 09:28 AM »
That's a great idea for a project, I wish we had more interviews with young Heath talking about his dreams and aspirations...
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #1562 on: Dec 19, 2010, 11:49 AM »
That's a great idea for a project, I wish we had more interviews with young Heath talking about his dreams and aspirations...

Me too...Although it's already hard listening to someone talking about some projects that got so untimely cut...His father was-and is-obviously very proud of him... :_(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1563 on: Dec 22, 2010, 12:51 PM »
I don't remember if I posted this video before.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1564 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Heath Ledger's protege emerges with new album

Grace Woodroofe was just 16 when she counted the late Perth-born actor Heath Ledger and music superstar Ben Harper as her biggest fans.

The Perth-born indie-blues chanteuse, now aged 20, is about to release her debut album, Always Want, and is definitely one to look out for on both the national and international music scene.

Her music career took a surprising turn when she posted two songs on the Triple J unearthed website, and a friend – no other than Heath Ledger's sister Ashley – forwarded the songs on to her influential brother.

"He really loved it and got in contact with me and wanted to help me out because he loved it so much," she said.

Woodroofe said Ledger, who also created a music video for her song Quicksand (to be released at a later date), was an unbelievable talent.

"It was completely his vision. He directed it, edited it, styled it and shot it. He did everything," she said.

"When people will see it they will realise how amazingly gifted he was."

"He was a real person. You could think that actors and Hollywood people have this certain aura, but he was just so down to earth, really grounded and so selfless, he really wanted to help people who inspired him."

She said he really believed in her talent and flew her out to LA where she met Ben Harper for the first time.

"He (Heath Ledger) introduced me to a lot of industry people, and one of those people was Ben and we struck up a friendship and he ended up producing my album."

You can find the full article and a short video interview here: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/heath-ledgers-protege-emerges-with-new-album-20101130-18f53.html

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1565 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Grace Woodroofe Writes Song About Heath

H

In the above video, Grace performs live at the Metro Theatre, in Sydney, NSA, AU on April 9th, 2009. Right before the song, she dedicates the song to Heath's mother, step-father, and sister (the Bells), who are in the audience.

"H."

My dad wrote 4 words on a tiny piece of paper,
these are the stages you'll go through. He said
shock and deep denying sadness,
in time acceptance will come too.
Oh,I wish I could fast-forward time, for that matter rewind.
I know you said time was blind,
now you are in a place that only exists in my mind.

CHORUS:
I have this image of you leaning out the window,
your lungs encapsulating smoke,
but I would give everything to smell your cigarette's burning,
you were always so impassive when you spoke.

I feel you with me all the time,
your guiding hands lead mine,
but I miss the stories that you'd share,
and the little garments that you always used to wear.

I am wearing nothing but your love,
and I can honestly say
that I think about you everyday.

CHORUS.
I have this image of you leaning out the window,
your lungs encapsulating smoke,
but I would give everything to smell your cigarette's burning,
you were always so impassive when you spoke.

Your house is empty, shelves are bare,
your presence felt, but you're not there.
That's where you sit, I mean where you sat,
I am still adjusting to getting used to that.
You won't show up at my door.
Wherever you are I hope you find
what you were searching for.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1566 on: Jan 04, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Thanks Keren  :_(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1567 on: Jan 05, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Thanks ¡ Why any news about Heath makes still such a deep and sad impact in us?  :_( :_( :_(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1568 on: Jan 07, 2011, 02:42 PM »

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1569 on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:41 AM »
thanks, Keren

:(
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1570 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:58 AM »
I found Shekar Kapur's blog today. I didn't know he wrote one, and I found it accidentaly while I was googling Heath.
For anyone who doesn't know, Shekar Kapur was the director of Four Feathers, and a close friend of Heath. In the past three years Shekar had written several times about his friend, whom he obviously still misses a lot. I read all his posts about Heath, and they left me in tears... a couple of them I read before, because they were published in the press, but most of it was new to me. He wrote such beautiful things about Heath and they moved me to tears. He wrote about Heath the person, the friend, he wrote about his screen test for Four Feathers and how amazing Heath was, and he wrote about the special bond between them. I'm sure he will write something again this year, and I'll be waiting for it. Here is a compilation of his tributes:

Farewell, Heath ledger
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008

In Heath I have lost a younger brother. He was one the most gentle, the most honest , most caring, and most compassionate persons I had met. And one of the most honest actors I worked with. I often told him that he had the ability to completely bare his soul in front of the camera, and all I needed to do was make sure the camera could look into his eyes, and through his eyes, the audience could clearly look into his soul. I last spoke to him the night before he died. I had just arrived in New York last night, he said he could not see me that night but really wanted to meet me the next day. he made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up. I tried. Little did I know that his soul had already left his body.
Farewell Heath. I always knew you had an ancient soul. I always said you had a wisdom beyond your years. And somehow I always knew that your spirit was too restless. Goodbye, my brother.

Heath Ledger did not commit suicide
Wednesday, January 30th, 2008

Heath is not amongst us, but is in our consciousness. Heath is no longer a physical embodiment, but exists eternally now. His laugh is not audible to my ears any more, but I can hear it in my heart. in my consciousness. And that is what I remember him most for. His laugh. Deep and felt. Like he knew God was laughing with him.
The world is more troubled by his death than I expected. Like a great soul has passed amongst us and we, caught up as we all are, in the the throes of everyday life, did not even recognize it when it was there!
But in that coming to terms with our loss, why do we sensationalize his death? why are we looking for dramatic escapes away from just a deep acceptance that ancient souls always leave us young?
Heath Ledger did not commit suicide. Period. He was the most extraordinarily courageous man I have ever known. …….

And the most optimistic. Someone that has such capacity to spread love and laughter does not deliberately throw his own life away. And if I was the last person to speak to him, I can vouch clearly that Heath was looking forward to the next day. He was looking forwards to meeting me, he was looking forward to discuss our next film together, he was looking forward to life and laughter the next day. Of course he would talk about his daughter. He always did. But so do I about my daughter. I too am separated from her mother.
When we were filming Four Feathers, he would laugh at me every time I threatened to walk out of the film. He would joke at my trivial complaints. He would slap me on the back every time he would see my shoulders stooped. He would pull off the most amazing stunts, and we would not warn anybody about them before. It was our little schoolboy prank. His physical endurance was amazing. Heath was far more than my actor. he was also my support system.
He called me his elder brother. I am not sure. Sometimes I felt that I could lean on the innate strength that was Heath Ledger. Such a man passed amongst us, and we talk of suicide? Of depression? Of drug overdose? Rather than learn from his existence. As I come to terms with his passing, I will write more about Heath, that’s a promise.

Heath Ledger and the Dark Knight
Monday, July 21st, 2008

Now that the Dark Knight has broken all records at the BO, Heath left a legacy that is unforgettable. Angels do that. They visit us for short periods of time and cause huge impact on our consciousness. I always told Heath he was an ancient soul in a very young mind, a very young body. Angels, or Ancient Souls are never comfortable trapped in their human selves. They will make you restless and the need for honest creative expression of the deepest nature is a driving force. For those of you that knew his music, the other person that had that quality was Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Who I did Bandit Queen with.
My screen test with Heath for Four Feathers lasted a whole day. He would often call me down the years and laugh his deep laughter, and remember that day with a lot of affection . It was a day of deep exploration between an actor and a director of each other…..

.. it was also the day I discovered the deeper wisdom of Heath’s soul. He was, after all, only 21.
I had decided to ask him perform a love scene from the film with a very accomplished actress who had just come to help out. First I made him sit in one place so he could not escape into any body language. Neither could the girl. I needed to see what happened to his eyes.
We then spoke of love and of true love. We spoke of Wisdom and what it really meant. We spoke of the meaning of true courage was based on how you lived. Not on dying a hero’s death on the battlefield. And then we spoke of how when you are really young love was about needing. Love was about taking. Love was about hunger. But as one gathers wisdom, love becomes about giving. The more you gave, the stronger you became.
And then I made him perform the scene. First as a very young man that he was. Full of joy, anticipation and yearning. Impatient, eager and impetuous. This was the Heath we had seen. Why he was such a star amongst teenagers. He was sexy and thoroughly endearing.
But then I changed the nature of the scene. Not the dialogue. Not even the body postures. But asked Heath to perform it with Wisdom. Perform it older. Stiller. With greater strength, as a young man who had come to terms with himself and his place in the Universe.
And the transformation was fascinating and hypnotic. His eyes changed. His voice changed. His breathing changed. He began to exude strength. And it was then in his eyes I saw the old soul appear. It was then that I knew we were in the presence of not only a great actor, but a human being with potential to affect the consciousness of people.

Did Heath Ledger really leave us a year ago?
Friday, January 23rd, 2009

The New York Post asked me to write a tribute to Heath Ledger on the anniversary of his passing. It seems just yestrday.
Time, say philosophers, mystics and quantum scientists is an illusion. Before the Big Bang there was Eternity. Beginnings and Ends are just means to contextualize our lives within our limited perceptions of a world that surrounds us.
Every now and again a human being is born to remind us of Eternity. Heath Ledger was amongst those, who we quietly whisper prayers for in our quite moments, wish for in our dreams and in have a special place for our every day thoughts. God knows how many people in this world still carry the pain of the loss of him. Why did a man who lived amongst us for such a short time, and did such few films, leave such a huge imprint upon us when he left ? I have people writing letters on this blog who had never seen a Heath Ledger film, who were not fans, but felt the shock and impact of the loss of Heath Ledger. Everyday ordinary people that a year later are still coming to terms with his passing?
Like he was an Angel.
Or the Dark Knight. In which Heath left indelible impressions of incredible humanity behind the garb of evil. So much that people went back again and again to the theatres to experience the presence of Heath Ledger. I remember a conversation with Robert Richardson the DP of Four Feathers ” Just make sure that the audience are able to look into Heath’s eyes. They tell a story of ancient wisdom and all of humanity”. Not an easy job for a DP when Heath would so easily break into an Australian crinkle and narrow his eyes, so that the point of light so carefully put by the DP would search desperately for their subject ! I used to tell Heath that he was an ancient soul in a youthful body and mind. That his struggle was between the ancient wisdom he carried in his soul and the coming to terms with youth.
That struggle showed and I was the ‘brother from another mother’ as he called me, that embraced him at those moments.
I wish I was there to embrace him when he passed away. I was so close. But then, it was not meant to be. In his passing he left behind his indelible footprint. As I write this piece I hear that Heath has been nominated for the Oscars.
Wherever you are Heath, I can see you crinkling your eyes and laughing your deep laughter and saying ” Hey brother, what d you think of that?” Nothing more, nothing less. Everything just was, is, and will be. In Eternity.

Heath Ledger, have two years passed?
Friday, January 22nd, 2010

It’s 5.20 am and am struggling to sleep in my hotel room in San Hose. Jet lag ? No, something else is nagging me – and then it comes like a bolt, a sudden sharp, almost physical feeling of sadness. It Heath’s 2nd Anniversary of his passing.
For those that know this blog, will know of my special relationship with Heath. Well, that survives time. Even through the sadness and heavy heart I sense him laughing and smiling almost looking down and saying “Get on with it, Mate !”
Lots of other things come to mind. What do two years mean ? What does passing of time mean ? How little or more have I achieved in the last two years. How productive have I been – and all this on context of Heath’s passing as if time stopped there and started again ? Is what you have done, or what has happened, or the events that have taken place since the only measure of time ? Or is there something far more eternal about time ?
Tonight I am going to LA and having dinner with Orlando Bloom. The last time we met was in Heath’s friend’s pad in Melbourne, where Heath was proudly showing a rough cut of Four Feathers to all his friends. So proud was he of his performance in a film that actually did very little at the box office.
So I am just going to look up at Heath’s smiling face and say “Hey, Mate ! We are still down here trying understand it all” Trying to imitate his broad Australian drawl.

Here is the link to Shekar Kapur's blog: http://shekharkapur.com/blog/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:37 AM by keren_b »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1571 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:20 AM »
Tribute to Heath Ledger planned
London, January 08, 2011

Hollywood actor Heath Ledger's friends and family are set to gather up for a one-off tribute event for the late star to mark the third anniversary of his death. The Brokeback Mountain star passed away at the age of 28 on January 22, 2008 after suffering an accidental overdose at his New York apartment.

Ledger's father, Kim, has now confirmed a charity gala will be held in the actor's honour in his native Australia in early February, reported Contactmusic.

The event, titled Heath: A Night Under the Stars Celebrating One of Its Finest, will showcase the star's Academy Award-winning turn in The Dark Knight and the proceeds will be handed to a performing arts organisation.

"We the Ledger family confirm our approval and endorsement for the one time only Heath tribute night and are pleased donations from the proceeds will benefit Telethon, His Majesty's Theatre Foundation & Australians in Film," said a statement from Kim Ledger.

Ledger's Casanova co-star Sienna Miller and his friend, supermodel Gemma Ward, are expected to appear at the event, which will be held on February 12 in Perth.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Tribute-to-Heath-Ledger-planned/Article1-647445.aspx

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1572 on: Jan 23, 2011, 11:05 AM »

Samara Weaving, father of the late Heath Ledger, Kim Ledger (2L), Hon. Simon Crean and Simon Weaving pose at the Launch of the Heath Ledger Young Artists' Project at the National Film and Sound Archive on December 10, 2010 in Canberra, Australia. The NFSA Young Artists Oral History Project will record young artists' journey's through personal video histories.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1573 on: Jan 23, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Heath Ledger fans light up Internet with tributes

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/103909/20110123/heath-ledger-fans-internet-twitter-the-dark-knight-brokeback-mountain-gay-cownboy-australian-hollywo.htm

"On the third death anniversary of Heath Ledger, the internet lit up with tributes to the Hollywood star. Netizens took to the microblogging site Twitter with humble yet heartfelt testimonials, while the media also played its part by remembering one of the extraordinarily talented actors that the world has seen....."
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1574 on: Jan 23, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Heath Ledger's Lonesome Trail: Rolling Stone's 2006 Cover Story

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/heath-ledgers-lonesome-trail-rolling-stones-2006-cover-story-20110120?page=1

"By David Lipsky
JANUARY 20, 2011 7:16 PM EDT
When actors become movie stars, it puts a strain on everybody. Family members get phone-called with no adjustment for the time difference; paparazzi stake out a fresh address; the rest of us lift our eyes to another personality we're obliged to have an opinion about. This is a drag for Heath Ledger, who is twenty-six and has learned to keep his personality locked in the house — where it whines at doors, tears up furniture, gets into the yard at just the worst moments. "In the past," he says, "I've tried so hard to withhold myself — even down to giving a smile." The actor, who is Australian, speaks with a commonwealth accent that's both arch and street. "I didn't want to be people's opinions of who I am or what I said," he says......"

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1575 on: Jan 23, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Heath Ledger fans light up Internet with tributes

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/103909/20110123/heath-ledger-fans-internet-twitter-the-dark-knight-brokeback-mountain-gay-cownboy-australian-hollywo.htm

What a beautiful testiment to his legacy and the impact he had on so many people. I'm thrilled to know that so many people honor his memory this way. Thank you for posting this Ethan.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1576 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:19 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/gday-usa-dazzler/story-e6frf96o-1225993285908

ON THE third anniversary of his death, Abbie Cornish dedicated her G'Day USA award to late great Australian actor Heath Ledger.

The Aussie made an emotional speech about her Candy co-star and his pivotal influence on her career after receiving an Excellence in Film award.

She told a story about

shooting Bright Star in London and requiring a new trailer because hers was too small.

Four trailers arrived and she randomly picked one.

It turned out to be Ledger's former trailer and they found a hotel room key he had used and a stash of vitamin pills.

She accepted the accolade in "Heath's memory".

Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1577 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:19 PM »
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/01/23/abbie-cornish-teresa-palmer-gday-gala-gals/

Abbie Cornish & Teresa Palmer: G'Day Gala Gals
Abbie Cornish & Teresa Palmer: G'Day Gala Gals

Abbie Cornish adds some glamour on the red carpet at the G’Day USA 2011 Black Tie Gala on Saturday (January 22) at Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood.

Fellow Aussie Teresa Palmer, from the upcoming movies I Am Number Four and Take Me Home Tonight, also hit the red carpet in a chic dress by Australian designer Ellery and shoes from Chloe. Teresa’s I Am Number Four co-star, Alex Pettyfer, was spotted out on a shirtless run over the weekend!

Abbie dedicated her G’Day USA honor to the late Heath Ledger, whom she worked with on the 2006 romantic drama Candy.

The 28-year-old actress accepted the Excellence in Film award in “Heath’s memory” on the third anniversary of his death.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/01/23/abbie-cornish-teresa-palmer-gday-gala-gals/#ixzz1Bt63WxWN

Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1580 on: Jan 25, 2011, 01:08 PM »
I wish I could see this exhibition!

Me, too. Perhaps we need to plan a Perth gathering sometime in the future, perhaps 2013. Let's talk in Canmore.  :c)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #1582 on: Jan 29, 2011, 01:28 PM »
RECLUSIVE supermodel Gemma Ward will return to the international spotlight this year when she makes her theatrical debut in Australia.
And ahead of her return to centre stage, the beauty has also opened up about her brief romance with actor Heath Ledger in the months before he died.

"I have taken a break from the media spotlight for the past few years and it was something spurred by Heath's death," she said. "(Heath and I) first met in New York and we were both struggling with things that I won't get into, and we bonded over that.

"I kind of met him at first and said, 'Listen my mum's living with me right now and I'm kind of going through a hard time and I'm not interested in having a serious relationship with somebody right now' and he was like, 'You know, um, let's just be there for each other through these hard times we're both going through'. And we developed a relationship and we started seeing each other."

That was back in November 2007 and Gemma had just turned 20.

The two then spent Christmas together in Perth before heading back to New York where Ledger died less than a month later on January 22, 2008.

"There was no one like him - and no one will ever be like him," she said. "I'm just so grateful I got to meet him and get as close as I did with him.

"The time we spent in Perth was incredible because we were both from Perth and it was also a time when it was beautiful in Perth and both our families were there and we met each other's families.

"We were able to not be in any kind of a spotlight and not have to be meeting with people or be hounded by press or anything. We lived in a magical kind of world where we weren't intruded upon."

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #1583 on: Jan 29, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Ledger's devotion to his toddler daughter Matilda is something Ms Ward will always remember.

"He was a devoted, devoted father," she said. "And I will never forget seeing him with Matilda and the way she looked at him and the way they were together - it was his whole life. She was his whole life and he loved her so much."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/gemma-ward-opens-up-about-her-life-with-heath-ledger/story-e6frf96o-1225996705981

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1584 on: Jan 30, 2011, 04:02 AM »
Heath Ledger costumes up at auction

http://swns.com/heath-ledger-costumes-up-at-auction-240950.html

http://www.dnfa.com/bristol/search.asp?view=lotno&auction=20446&lotno=152&uniqueid=431009-3

??? (t) Gosh. How I'd love to get my hands on one of those uniforms...or anything Heath touched.  <^( He sure looked dashing in them.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1585 on: Feb 21, 2011, 06:46 AM »
Ledger's devotion to his toddler daughter Matilda is something Ms Ward will always remember.

"He was a devoted, devoted father," she said. "And I will never forget seeing him with Matilda and the way she looked at him and the way they were together - it was his whole life. She was his whole life and he loved her so much."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/gemma-ward-opens-up-about-her-life-with-heath-ledger/story-e6frf96o-1225996705981

Just reading about that and thinking about Heath's love for Matilda makes me cry.... :_( :_(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1586 on: Feb 22, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Just reading about that and thinking about Heath's love for Matilda makes me cry.... :_( :_(

Me too...She was his whole life...  :_( :_( :_(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1587 on: May 26, 2011, 04:27 PM »

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1588 on: May 27, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Beautiful tribute video

Heath Ledger Tribute || May It Be ( 3. Death Anniversary :(

Yes,it's beautiful indeed...And the music and being in black and white remarks the sadness of seeing him in all his splendour... :_(   Thank you for posting,Keren ¡

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1589 on: May 29, 2011, 03:39 PM »
This was published when TDK was released, by a photojournalist who met Heath in 2001. Such a lovely story about the kind of guy Heath was. The photos he's talking about are in the link.

http://markhancock.blogspot.com/2008/07/heath-ledger.html

In one minute "The Dark Knight" will begin showing in theaters across America. The movie stars the late Heath Ledger as a disturbingly dark incarnation of The Joker. Even before it opens, critics are proclaiming the movie as Ledger's finest work.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but Fayrouz and I plan to see it. Fay wants to see it because Ledger was a fellow Aussie. I'm anxious to see the movie because all the reviews paint the character as the polar opposite of the person I met.

I was assigned to shoot Ledger at an ultra-exclusive hotel in Dallas. He was talking with the reporter over breakfast when I arrived.

He was promoting "A Knight's Tale." It was released after "The Patriot," but before "Brokeback Mountain."

I got some standard over-the-shoulder shots during the interview (top), and then was allowed a few minutes with Ledger to make some additional images in the courtyard (bottom).

The courtyard had a nice fountain. I was about to ask him to sit on the side of the fountain when I noticed a honeybee was already there. Since we have Africanized bees ("killer bees") in Texas, I wasn't keen on letting any bee sting a movie star. So, I scooped the little bugger into the fountain.

It was a bad decision on my part.

Ledger and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to save it. I kept thinking it would sting him, and I'd be responsible. Meanwhile, my shooting time meter continued to count down. Groovy.

Nonetheless, once the bee was safe and sound, we got back to the shoot. Ledger was accommodating, and I got some decent shots.

I'm telling this story because it shows what a nice guy he was. If the critics are right about his upcoming performance, it's a tribute to his ability to play roles contradictory to his nature.

Go see "The Dark Knight," and get wrapped up in the character playing on the screen. Then remember this is the actor who wasn't willing to hurt a honeybee. Factor this tidbit into the equation when evaluating the effectiveness of the character and actor.