Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642757 times)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #240 on: Feb 04, 2008, 02:29 AM »
Here are some excerpts, from mtv, of people who knew Heath, remembering him:

Ang Lee: In a statement to People.com, the director said, "Working with Heath was one of the purest joys of my life. He brought to the role of Ennis more than any of us could have imagined — a thirst for life, for love and for truth, and a vulnerability that made everyone who knew him love him. His death is heartbreaking."

Marcia Ross: Back in 1999, Heath had his first starring role in Hollywood with the teen romantic comedy "10 Things I Hate About You." Casting director Marcia Ross recently recalled to MTV News the younger Heath coming in to read for the part of bad boy Patrick Verona: "He had just arrived in L.A. and came in to read for us, like any actor. He just had this great quality, and was gorgeous and funny. Very charming. He hadn't been there so long — I think it might have been one of his first film auditions. He tested with Julia Stiles, and they had great chemistry."

"10 Things" might have given Ledger his first starring role, but the Shakespearean adaptation set at a high school was considered fluffier fare. " '10 Things,' he didn't want it to be lightweight," Ross remembered. "He did not treat it lightly."
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #241 on: Feb 04, 2008, 02:31 AM »
Heath talked about his acting with mtv: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1580086/20080122/story.jhtml

Ledger himself was in many ways the opposite of the character [Ennis] — by all accounts, he was a man of astonishing intelligence and self-awareness. Nowhere is that more evident than in an interview the actor did with MTV News' John Norris in 2005 to discuss the landmark film.

John Norris: I want to ask you first about the different paths that Ennis and Jack take in sort of dealing with this situation. It strikes me that Ennis is really the tragic figure in this film. Even though Jack pays the ultimate price, at least he has moments in his life where he sort of realizes who he is. Do you agree?

Heath Ledger: That's true. I think that's part of Ennis' problem — that he has no self-realization. I, as the actor playing him, took the time to investigate him and to discover what exactly his battles were. What was preventing him to express and to love? And one of the conclusions I came to was that he's battling himself. Like he's battling his genetic structure, if you will, and all the beliefs, fears and traditions that were passed down from his father, and so on. And that was so deeply embedded and installed in him.

So then I wanted to physicalize it in his walk and into his speech. ... Ennis, he wasn't as self-aware as to ask himself these questions, so he didn't really know what I knew about him. Essentially, as an actor, I had to go in front of the camera and think ... less.

Norris: Certainly when most gay Americans, and probably a lot of straight Americans, hear the word "Wyoming," one of the first things that comes to mind is Matthew Shepard and what happened to Matthew. ... Was the name Matthew Shepard something you guys even talked about in shooting this film?

Ledger: We certainly, um, were aware of it. But we were definitely trying not to mimic or portray any story outside of the short story of Annie Proulx's [on which "Brokeback" was based] and the script that we'd been given. And we certainly didn't want to be making any political statements. We kept ourselves on a fairly strict budget of the information we were given in pre-production and just tried to create something from that.

Norris: Yours, as is everyone's, is an incredible performance. ... When you hear people say ... "Who knew this was in Heath Ledger?," is that flattering? How do you feel about that?

Ledger: I don't know. I just hope I get to continue to do that. I mature as an actor as I mature as a person, and ... I'm hoping to continue to evolve in both areas.

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #242 on: Feb 04, 2008, 04:32 AM »

Plans for Heath Ledger's Perth funeral revealed

By Ryan Emery and Paige Taylor February 04, 2008 07:30am

Heath Ledger / AP

Goodbye ... Heath will be laid to rest in Perth

* School's offer to farewell Heath declined
    * Family seeks "dignity" of private funeral
    * Michelle in doubt, but Jake to fly in

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23155393-5015787,00.html

"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #243 on: Feb 04, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Hey, tpe - and I agree that the focus should be on good memories of this fine young man, but I disagree - just a little - that my post was meant to explore the controversy.  I felt that the article was meant to point out how well-loved and respected he was by his peers, and how so many of them came together to protect the privacy and dignity of his family's mourning.  Nevertheless, I do see your point and will refrain from further reference to this very said situation.

CYN

Hello CYN.  I did not mean to imply that you intended to start a discussion on the controversial subject.  I apologize if my post came out that way.  I posted the reminder to make sure none of the other members would take the article as a strating point for such a discussion.  In any event, I am sure that most members do see your true intent, and are most appreciative.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #244 on: Feb 04, 2008, 07:59 AM »
We thought so too, which is why the post wasn't edited, and I'm sure that was your intention as well. We'd just like to ask members not to get into discussions about the said video out of respect for Heath and his family. Thank you for your understanding. ^f^

Thanks keren for clarifying our intent.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #245 on: Feb 04, 2008, 08:18 AM »

The memorial in LA:

Stars mourn Ledger
By Peta Hellard in Los Angeles
February 03, 2008 04:10pm

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23152624-661,00.html?from=mostpop

HEATH Ledger's family and A-list friends gathered to pay tribute the actor in a moving private service at a Hollywood studio yesterday.

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2008, 08:27 AM by tpe »

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #246 on: Feb 04, 2008, 04:28 PM »
wonderful article, lancecowboy.    It is a shame we will never see Heath evolve further.  He was already mature beyond his years.  Sometimes I could easily forget he was only 28

Linda
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #247 on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:13 PM »
wonderful article, lancecowboy.    It is a shame we will never see Heath evolve further.  He was already mature beyond his years.  Sometimes I could easily forget he was only 28

Linda

Hi, Linda. It's kinda funny with me. I don't see him as 28, or 18, or whatever age. It's like when he played the role of Ennis, and aged from 19 to 39. I did not see him as 19 in the beginning, kept thinking he was older, and then seeing him at different ages, kept seeing him as the same man, with different haircuts. What will stay with me forever, is the last scene of Ennis with tears in his eyes. So I guess Heath will be forever 39 in my heart. They really did a good job with make up and costumes in Brokeback Mountain. Heck, they did a really good job with EVERYTHING in Brokeback Mountain.

Yes, it is a tragic loss to the acting community that we will never know what Heath would have done with the long years... :\'( I try hard to focus on the positive nowadays, to keep myself from breaking down and crying all day. I am thankful, grateful, indeed, I feel blessed to have been given what ever movies that Heath had already made. I am especially grateful for all the interviews and quotes. As you said, and everyone else, too, Heath was an old soul with wisdom to spare and talents to burn. I will miss that. So I treasure what ever come my way of his. Every interview, every anecdote, every quotation, every photo. I am not quite obsessed, but I am certainly a fan, in the sense of a person with a fanatical fascination of an idol, a hero, a legend.

<^(

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #248 on: Feb 05, 2008, 06:54 AM »
Here is a short video of Sean Coombs (aka P Diddy) talking about meeting Heath for the first time, on the set of Monster's Ball.

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=208539#videoid=208539

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #249 on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:41 AM »
This is really lovely. 

Source: Access Hollywood

by Matt Smith, Access staffer

Imagine for a moment, if you will, a world without actors or actresses.

Imagine a world without entertainment.

Imagine a world where you couldn't forget your troubles.

Every now and then a great actor or a great actress comes along and wows us with an extraordinary performance, and us ordinary folk are lucky enough to witness the true magic of movies or television.

What they do is all powerful.
Though I'm pretty sure they'll be the first ones to tell you that they're not saving lives with their acting or that they're not coming up with a cure for cancer or a cure for aids by delivering the next great line.

But without actors, without actresses, we wouldn't cry, we wouldn't laugh, we wouldn't smile.

Heath Ledger, the actor.
Heath Ledger, the father.
Heath Ledger, the person.
Heath Ledger, a human being.[/i]

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #250 on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:43 AM »
This is really lovely. 

Source: Access Hollywood

by Matt Smith, Access staffer

Imagine for a moment, if you will, a world without actors or actresses.

Imagine a world without entertainment.

Imagine a world where you couldn't forget your troubles.

Every now and then a great actor or a great actress comes along and wows us with an extraordinary performance, and us ordinary folk are lucky enough to witness the true magic of movies or television.

What they do is all powerful.
Though I'm pretty sure they'll be the first ones to tell you that they're not saving lives with their acting or that they're not coming up with a cure for cancer or a cure for aids by delivering the next great line.

But without actors, without actresses, we wouldn't cry, we wouldn't laugh, we wouldn't smile.

Heath Ledger, the actor.
Heath Ledger, the father.
Heath Ledger, the person.
Heath Ledger, a human being.[/i]

Oh, that is lovely
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #251 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:19 AM »
I don't know if these links have already been posted but here are links to two memorial sites for Heath.  One is the blog that is run by a personal friend of his. She has been posting articles.  and the other is a Live Journal community where fans can post their own thoughts and feelings

http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/

http://community.livejournal.com/inmemoryofheath/

how is everyone doing.   I can't believe it's been two weeks since that wonderful man left us!   :\'(

:ghug:

Linda
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #252 on: Feb 05, 2008, 11:25 AM »
I don't know if these links have already been posted but here are links to two memorial sites for Heath.  One is the blog that is run by a personal friend of his. She has been posting articles.  and the other is a Live Journal community where fans can post their own thoughts and feelings

how is everyone doing.   I can't believe it's been two weeks since that wonderful man left us!   :\'(

Linda

Hi,Linda¡ and thanks for the links,that I didn't know. :^^) Yes,today it's been two weeks since Heath is gone and-although I've already accepted and the grief is no so shocked as the first moments-sometimes I think that everything is a cruel joke.As if he was hidden somewhere to run away from his problems and stardom system for a while...What a nonsense¡,isn't it?Or maybe it's just a way of self-protection...Take care¡ :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #253 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:15 PM »

Linda

Thanks Linda.  :ghug: I have the link for the blogspot- haven't been able to bring myself to really go there yet and I didn't even know of the link for LJ. I've been there once since this happened and that was only because I was directed to a certain post- not in a fic kind of mood. But I'll keep the link for when I do feel up to it.

And MPJ- I had the same thought swirling in my brain from time to time too- so it's not nonsense, I think it is a form of self protection. Hang in there.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #254 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Thanks Linda.  :ghug: I have the link for the blogspot- haven't been able to bring myself to really go there yet and I didn't even know of the link for LJ. I've been there once since this happened and that was only because I was directed to a certain post- not in a fic kind of mood. But I'll keep the link for when I do feel up to it.

And MPJ- I had the same thought swirling in my brain from time to time too- so it's not nonsense, I think it is a form of self protection. Hang in there.  :ghug:

Yes,I think so,as I said before...It´s good to know that your own feelings and sensations,even the ones you think as most "crazy",are shared for someone else...Thanks. :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #255 on: Feb 05, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Yes,I think so,as I said before...It´s good to know that your own feelings and sensations,even the ones you think as most "crazy",are shared for someone else...Thanks. :ghug:

it's not nonsense.  It is a way of coping with something this traumatic.   Heath was always traveling here and there making movies.  It isn't too far fetched to think he is out there somewhere traveling.

Also might interest those who might not know.   Heath was going to venture into directing.  He was going to direct a movie called "Queens Gambit"   He had been in contact with the screenwriter and he had approached Ellen Page (star of Juno)  to be in it.     Heath loved chess and this movie is about chess.  (title is a movie in chess I believe)  he was also going to act in it as well.   He'd already done some directing, music vids and someone mentioned commercials (not sure)   so he was going to take his challenge to the next level and direct

his passing makes this all the more sadder that we'll never get to see how talented a director he would have been 

Linda

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #256 on: Feb 05, 2008, 11:05 PM »

Also might interest those who might not know.   Heath was going to venture into directing.  He was going to direct a movie called "Queens Gambit"   He had been in contact with the screenwriter and he had approached Ellen Page (star of Juno)  to be in it.     Heath loved chess and this movie is about chess.  (title is a movie in chess I believe)  he was also going to act in it as well.   He'd already done some directing, music vids and someone mentioned commercials (not sure)   so he was going to take his challenge to the next level and direct

his passing makes this all the more sadder that we'll never get to see how talented a director he would have been 

Linda

If all of the above is true Linda, it's comforting to know he was looking toward the future.  O0
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #257 on: Feb 05, 2008, 11:39 PM »
Thank you Linda. I haven't seen these links before. I love the memorialblog. It has so many touching anecdotes. I was in tears after Jackster's and Tony's amazing posts. Reading the memorialblog was difficult at first, then I felt better, learning more about Heath...like he was playing chess at the grandmaster level, or his path crossing Eric Bana's, and his death moved Eric and shocked him "to the core". I remember being impressed by Eric's performance in Black Hawk Down, and followed his career for a while. I am grateful that so many of his peers with real talents all mourn his death. I hope Jake is holding up alright. It must be really difficult for him.

Thanks again Linda.

Linda

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #258 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:56 AM »
it's not nonsense.  It is a way of coping with something this traumatic.   Heath was always traveling here and there making movies.  It isn't too far fetched to think he is out there somewhere traveling.

Linda

Yes, I've heard that and that he was very excited about it. He had also discussed his directing ambitions with Terry Gilliam, and Terry said something like "he would be a brilliant director, more than I will ever be able to be". A praise like that from Terry Gilliam, well, that says something.

The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #259 on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:24 AM »
Ledger's ex Williams arrives in Perth

Heath Ledger's former fiancee Michelle Williams and the couple's two-year-old daughter Matilda have arrived in Perth for the Australian actor's funeral.

News Limited reports a black-clad Williams, 27, carried Matilda on her left hip as she arrived in Perth today on a Qantas flight from Los Angeles via Melbourne.

Matilda clutched a white stuffed rabbit as she and her mother were escorted from Perth's domestic terminal.

Earlier this week the distraught Williams pleaded for privacy.

"Please respect our need to grieve privately," Williams said.

"My heart is broken."

"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #260 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:49 AM »
Ledger's ex Williams arrives in Perth

Heath Ledger's former fiancee Michelle Williams and the couple's two-year-old daughter Matilda have arrived in Perth for the Australian actor's funeral.

News Limited reports a black-clad Williams, 27, carried Matilda on her left hip as she arrived in Perth today on a Qantas flight from Los Angeles via Melbourne.

Matilda clutched a white stuffed rabbit as she and her mother were escorted from Perth's domestic terminal.

Earlier this week the distraught Williams pleaded for privacy.

"Please respect our need to grieve privately," Williams said.

"My heart is broken."

This must be the most horrible journey of her life. :\'( :\'(

The thought about the funeral is quite unbearable to me. It makes everything even more final.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #261 on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:08 AM »
This must be the most horrible journey of her life. :\'( :\'(

The thought about the funeral is quite unbearable to me. It makes everything even more final.

I totally agree Keren.  I can't bear to think on their grief, and the thought of the funeral just breaks my heart.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #262 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I totally agree Keren.  I can't bear to think on their grief, and the thought of the funeral just breaks my heart.

Me too.  :ghug:
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
Re: News Coverage: February 2008
« Reply #263 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:32 AM »
"Accidental overdose of prescription drugs." I guess we'll get accustomed to hearing that phrase now. One more step in this long process of losing and remembering Heath.
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline afhickman

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #264 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Our poor Heath died of a prescription overdose.  See the story at CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/06/heath.ledger/index.html

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #265 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I feel so unbelievably sad.   :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  I just don't know what to say.

I just read Kim Ledger's beautifully worded statement, and it just made me cry.   :\'( :\'( :\'(  What a wonderful and loving family Heath came from.  These words are just so heartbreaking.  Don't know why, but "our boy" just got to me.....

We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography.

I really do hope that the press and media give this incredible and devastated family time to grieve in private and to allow to let Heath rest in peace. 

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #266 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Our poor Heath died of a prescription overdose.  See the story at CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/06/heath.ledger/index.html
Thanks for the link,afhickman.Well,it's what we supposed,but knowing now for sure makes me cry again before the unavoidable.I don't know if it happens the same to you,but it's as knowing he's gone completely-it´s a stupidity,I know...-. :\'(
But I don't understand why must he take so many pills,even if prescribed,and what kind of doctor can prescribe such a great number of legal drugs that is a potential "clockwork bomb" in a human body...Nor if he took them together, or it was the result of an accumulative amount of drugs in his organism that caused the decease in the end.I know you're saying to yourselves that it doesn't mind,but it does for me,because it had could be avoided according to the circumstances.Somebody can feel relieved that it had not been a suicide,but the only important thing-besides he's not here...-is that he was in a great pain,maybe both physically and emotionally;and that all these legal drugs were a solution for him,if he took them consciously the same that it was an accident-although I don't understand either how someone can take so many pills "by accident"...-.It's so sad¡.I feel awful now that we know it.But maybe I have been rambling,so I apologise if I´ve offended somebody with my appreciations.

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #267 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:31 AM »
afhickman, christie, MPJ  :ghug:  :ghug:

I came here as soon as I heard. You've said nothing stupid, nothing rambling. We feel the way we feel, and this news, while leading to a sense of closure, is also difficult to hear.

Christie, I felt the same way when I read "our boy." :\'(

His family made a very gracious statement and I think they have been very generous all along in sharing their feelings with us. I hope that they will be given some measure of peace and privacy while they grieve.

:ghug:  :ghug:  :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #268 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:05 PM »
 :ghug: "Our boy" got to me too.  :\'(
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #269 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:28 PM »
the results just made me sad again  :\'(  it is a testament to how easy it is to take to many prescription drugs.   People know the dangers of illegal drugs but too many think that if you have prescription drugs it's okay.

It's all so sad and to me senseless.   We lost a fine man, someone with his whole life ahead of him.  And Matilda lost her devoted father  :\'(