Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 644119 times)

babytammy7

Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #270 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:29 PM »
I have no words. "Our boy".  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #271 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Oh god - that statement from Heath's dad is so heartbreaking :\'(

A tragic accident that will have a profound effect on those who loved him for the rest of their lives :\'(

I, too, hope that the media now leave them in peace - and perhaps that some of them offer an apology.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #272 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:41 PM »
LJN, trekfan, Tammy, NoReins  :ghug:  :ghug:

An apology seems unlikely, but wouldn't it be nice? Meanwhile, giving his family and friends some well deserved privacy would do. We can all hope for that.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #273 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:46 PM »
I, too, hope that the media now leave them in peace - and perhaps that some of them offer an apology.

yes; the family asked for the same.

Heath Ledger's father, Kim, has released the below statement following the news of the late actor's cause of death:

We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography.
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #274 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Our poor Heath died of a prescription overdose.  See the story at CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/06/heath.ledger/index.html

I've just read it and I feel devestated all over again. Even though that was my guess, it's still so hard to hear it. I can't begin to describe how awful I feel. Our boy. :\'( :\'( :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Halenfarewell

• Cassie
  • I'm still in love with Ennis.
Heath's Funeral
« Reply #275 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:20 PM »
I just heard on the radio that Heath's funeral will be held today or tomorrow depending on when Michelle Williams arrived.  I believe that "Extra" plans to cover it on their program tonight 02/06.  Final autopsy reports are also supposed to be released today or tomorrow. 

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #276 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:29 PM »
Keren, Froggy  :ghug:  :ghug:

I know what you mean Keren. As much as we wanted the official results to be released (and end some of this disgusting gossip), it makes it so final, so real somehow, in a way that it wasn't for me before. :-\\

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #277 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I've just read it and I feel devestated all over again. Even though that was my guess, it's still so hard to hear it. I can't begin to describe how awful I feel. Our boy. :\'( :\'( :\'(

I'm feeling the same than you,Keren.As soon as I read the news I'm worse than I'd began to feel during these days.It has been what has been,the only important is that he isn't with us,and that means an enormous waste of talent,youth,sensibility and beauty.But we must,you must,overcome all this; you must do it,if not for yourself,for Heath's memory...Promise me you'll do; if you want to talk,don't doubt in sending a PM if you want to,dear. :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline Iswear...

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #278 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:57 PM »

I totally understand what you're feeling keren  :\'(
When I read the news, it was almost like the day I found out that he was gone  :\'(
and now I'm feeling angry, I was even yelling at Heath pic saying "don't you know you should NEVER mix drugs prescriptions?!!!"
or maybe the f*** doctors didnt' ask him if he was already taking something, to prevent the mix...
I know that all this is pointless but I can't help... I'm sure he is angry at himself too
What a terrible, terrible loss (and for what???) I can't believe this...
I miss him so much  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #279 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:03 PM »
   It's sad, but getting the toxicology results was going to hurt either way.  Finding heroine or cocaine would have hurt.  But finding only
anti-anxiety and sleep aids also hurts, because we now know that sleep disorder was very, very painful and exhausting, and we also know...
he just needed better medical care.  It didn't have to happen.
  This news brings some closure.  Also discredits the news magazines.  But leaves that alternative ache---of wondering, if only things had
gone a different way.  Am not one of those who believe some things were meant to be.  This wasn't.  We would have suffered either way,
on the news.  Now, we know which way.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #280 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:07 PM »
Well, I had faith all along that it was an unfortunate combination of medications he was taking and certainly not an intentional harm to himself.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #281 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:13 PM »
 Am not one of those who believe some things were meant to be.  This wasn't.  We would have suffered either way, on the news.  Now, we know which way.

You're so right. This wasn't meant to be.

Thank you friends, for being here. I can't tell you how much it means to me, to be with people who understand and feel the same. I am so greatful, because I don't think I could deal with this horrible grief without you.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #282 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:19 PM »
I've only just seen this....  :\'( :\'(  it makes it all real, and brings it all back..  :\'( 
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #283 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:52 PM »
I've only just seen this....  :\'( :\'(  it makes it all real, and brings it all back..  :\'( 

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #284 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:58 PM »

Same here  :\'( :ghug: 

I don't know what to say..  :-\\ :\'(
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline Aurora

• Alma
« Reply #285 on: Feb 06, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Keren, Froggy  :ghug:  :ghug:

I know what you mean Keren. As much as we wanted the official results to be released (and end some of this disgusting gossip), it makes it so final, so real somehow, in a way that it wasn't for me before. :-\\

FlowerChild, you have posted the words I wanted to say... it's so final now... I'm sad  :\'(

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #286 on: Feb 06, 2008, 04:34 PM »
I feel so unbelievably sad.   :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  I just don't know what to say.

I just read Kim Ledger's beautifully worded statement, and it just made me cry.   :\'( :\'( :\'(  What a wonderful and loving family Heath came from.  These words are just so heartbreaking.  Don't know why, but "our boy" just got to me.....

Me, too -- that got to me when I read that also...   :\'(

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #287 on: Feb 06, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Well, I had faith all along that it was an unfortunate combination of medications he was taking and certainly not an intentional harm to himself.

Me, too, DB, knowing it was no way intentional.  Someday I would like to hash this all out, the specifics of the tragic circumstances, but not right now.  I have so many questions and anger, also, at how he could have so many different prescriptions, etc.  I think it's important and relevant, but I don't want to rake him over the coals so to speak...  As for my pain at thinking about him exhausted and feeling at the end of his rope...I can't get into that.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #288 on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I am really touched and impressed with the way Heath's family is handling this. True grace in unbearable circumstances. I liked what his father said about the grief and support from all over the globe- they know, they really do. It helps a little to know that even if we are nameless, faceless people that they can take even more comfort in what a special being their son was and that he meant so much to so many. ( I hate using past tense because it will always remain present tense) There wouldn't have been an outpouring of grief otherwise. And that it came after all of that wretched speculation still speaks volumes in terms of people not buying it and/or not caring what picture the media tried to paint. He is loved and that is the bottom line. And I think it is truly wonderful that the are taking the time to share a little and throw some comfort back.
 :ghug: :ghug: to everyone
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #289 on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Beautifully said LJN. I wish I could've found the words.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #290 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:39 PM »
christie wood, thank you for posting this from Heath's father. Now I know where Heath's wisdom comes from. In their own unbelievable grief, the man is so generous and humble, so thoughtful of everyone else, from other parents, to Michelle, to Heath's close friends, even for us. It feels so good to have him recognize the grief, the love, the support that we share. Under the guidance of such an amazing family, I am certain Matilda will grow up to make her father proud.  :\'( :ghug:

I feel so unbelievably sad.   :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  I just don't know what to say.

I just read Kim Ledger's beautifully worded statement, and it just made me cry.   :\'( :\'( :\'(  What a wonderful and loving family Heath came from.  These words are just so heartbreaking.  Don't know why, but "our boy" just got to me.....

We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography.

I really do hope that the press and media give this incredible and devastated family time to grieve in private and to allow to let Heath rest in peace. 

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Del_Marvelous

• Alma Jr.
  • It's because of you, Jack, that I'm like this!
« Reply #291 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:08 PM »
LuvJackNasty, your post was right on. I seem to be taking Heath's death especially hard this week. It's so terrible that the combination of those pills caused his death. How scary to think our doctors prescribe us so many medications at once.

Del_Marvelous
"When love comes so strong there is no right or wrong. Your love is your life."

From West Side Story

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #292 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:54 PM »
 :ghug: to you Del Marvelous
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #293 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:21 PM »
christie wood, thank you for posting this from Heath's father. Now I know where Heath's wisdom comes from. In their own unbelievable grief, the man is so generous and humble, so thoughtful of everyone else, from other parents, to Michelle, to Heath's close friends, even for us. It feels so good to have him recognize the grief, the love, the support that we share. Under the guidance of such an amazing family, I am certain Matilda will grow up to make her father proud.  :\'( :ghug:

A beautiful post from Kim Ledger and I hope the world will honor his request as I know we will. It is done, let us keep the memory and carry it foward of a talent shared and lost, but no forgotten.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #294 on: Feb 07, 2008, 12:11 AM »

Yup, all along I believed his friends when they said that he made plans to meet them the next day. There was no doubt in my mind. I still felt bad as Tony pointed out, and his interviews confirmed that Heath often had trouble sleeping, and always felt anxious during a project. It led to this tragic result. I got over the depression, the anger, and accepted this fate.

It is still tragic. He was still, as Eric Bana said, robbed of the beautiful years from 28-38. This week has been tears and smiles for me - tears for the lost years, smiles for getting to know Heath better, loving him more, and knowing how he lived life to the fullest. There is finally a irrefutable reason to get off my butt and do something, anything, to live up to his way of tackling life, full throttle. I think there will always be tears, just as there will always be love. It is why Ennis' last scene, with tears in his eyes, and a faint smile on his lips, gives me comfort in this unbelievable pain. This tragic love that is bittersweet.

Offline Kazza

• Alma
« Reply #295 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:54 AM »

Christine - that was very moving. Thanks for posting it. "Our boy" indeed. Heath's family have just been so dignified at such a tragic time. I hope too that they are given the privacy that they need to mourn.

I picked up the paper this morning and saw an article about the coroners report and it threw me for six again as I wasn't expecting it. Not that the cause really matters to me to be honest, but at least the gutter press might leave Heath's memory alone now.

Karen

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #296 on: Feb 07, 2008, 08:04 AM »
I hate all these pills which killed him !

:( :\'( :( :\'(

Simone
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #297 on: Feb 07, 2008, 11:12 AM »
I hate all these pills which killed him !

:( :\'( :( :\'(

Simone

I am surprised that he would take so many pills. The grocery store clerk said that he would normally purchase fruit and vegetable, and organic produce. It sounded like he was very health conscious. I just wish more people will be aware of the dangers of pills, of any forms. Just because it came with government approval doesn't mean that it is safe.

I hope you all can get over this toxicology report. It doesn't change the tragedy, as Tony said, it only confirms what we already know in our hearts, that Heath was full of love for people and for life. It was a tragic accident, but even out of this, some good came out of it, to see all the love and support that poured out from all corners of the world, where no one might have expected it. Who would have known about Daniel Day-Lewis, Ryan Gosling, Eric Bana,....all the talented peers of Heath, and all the loving memories of Heath's encounter with ordinary people.

Even from his death, Heath is giving us so much love.  :ghug:

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #298 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:59 PM »
I think Heath is sending us his love.   He loved life and he loved his family, friends and fans. 

it was a tragedy, I wish he were still here with us.   But he will always be in our hearts and memories.

Linda  :ghug:
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #299 on: Feb 07, 2008, 04:02 PM »
It may be a comfort for some of you to know that a federal investigation is now underway regarding sleeping aids.  Apparently, there have been other incidents...

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2008, 04:22 PM by tpe »