Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642567 times)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #420 on: Feb 12, 2008, 01:16 AM »
I have just uploaded the tribute to youtube. It's the whole tribute - Heath is the last one remembered.

And I agree about Atonement. Wonderful movie.

Oh god, a tearfest for me tonight.  THis was very special...  Thank you, gambrinus, for posting it.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #421 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:42 PM »
First of all,thanks to all these who have been posting all kind of tributes;I've been a little "disconnected" from this thread last days,so I haven't could congratulated for all your beautiful posts :ghug:  .I've found a picture from the Ledger's tomb;here in Spain they said that he would be buried here,but I suppose that it'll be the place where his ashes will rest...I don't know if you've already seen it.

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #422 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:30 AM »

I still can't believe what I been reading and seeing on tribute about the actor. the dream. and the inspiration.  Mr. Heathcliff Andrew Ledger.

My day is not complete without having to see some of his photographs. some of his memories.

Tears are in my eyes for missing him.

Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #423 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:00 AM »
First of all,thanks to all these who have been posting all kind of tributes;I've been a little "disconnected" from this thread last days,so I haven't could congratulated for all your beautiful posts :ghug:  .I've found a picture from the Ledger's tomb;here in Spain they said that he would be buried here,but I suppose that it'll be the place where his ashes will rest...I don't know if you've already seen it.

Thank you dear myprivatejack for that pic... :\'( .  Here in Belgium we have few magazines about Heath  :(, they all show pics of Nicolas Sarkosy with Carla Bruni, I don't care !. Fortunately, I have found some magazines in an english bookshop... :ghug:
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #424 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:04 AM »
Oh god, a tearfest for me tonight.  THis was very special...  Thank you, gambrinus, for posting it.

kathy

I agree with you kathy, that vidéo is so sad, all those wonderful people who left  :(  :\'(..;Too bad  :ghug:
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #425 on: Feb 13, 2008, 12:22 PM »
 :ghug: MPJ- I see pics like that and yet it still doesn't seem real to me. I have no idea what it's going to take for the whole surreal feeling to wear off.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #426 on: Feb 13, 2008, 12:33 PM »
:ghug: MPJ- I see pics like that and yet it still doesn't seem real to me. I have no idea what it's going to take for the whole surreal feeling to wear off.

I know,Michelle,it's the same for me... :ghug: Sometimes I still think that it's like a dream-or better said,a nightmare-,or a stupid marketing strategy,or a bad joke...I suppose each one of us has his or her own time to regret it and to wear it off;where're no miraculous recipes for this. :^^)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #427 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:56 PM »
I see pics like that and yet it still doesn't seem real to me. I have no idea what it's going to take for the whole surreal feeling to wear off.
Surreal is just the word I was looking for...
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #428 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:20 PM »
He was found face down on his bed. He took enough medication that his brain didn't tell his lungs to take in air. Along with that, there was also the fact that the friction between him and his pillow, he was done for. The doctors that gave him those medications, should be ashamed of themselves. It wasn't about drug abuse folks. It was that he was sick, had a respiratory infection, couldn't sleep, couldn't relax, and was in an enormous amount of pain. I guess relaxation after making it as big as he was, didn't really come into play. Who knows, what do I know. Maybe it was an addiction that he was battling, but I find that hard to believe. Apparently, Michelle Williams (of Dawson's Creek fame) has told their daughter that Daddy went away.

In my opinion. He was given a wrong prescription without being diagnosed.
I thought in the US. it is not easy to buy all those medicines and doctors are professionally practicing their craft.

It is unfair! It does not take a HEATH LEDGER to discover this fact.
My heart does not agree.

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #429 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:32 PM »
He was found face down on his bed. He took enough medication that his brain didn't tell his lungs to take in air. Along with that, there was also the fact that the friction between him and his pillow, he was done for. The doctors that gave him those medications, should be ashamed of themselves. It wasn't about drug abuse folks. It was that he was sick, had a respiratory infection, couldn't sleep, couldn't relax, and was in an enormous amount of pain. I guess relaxation after making it as big as he was, didn't really come into play. Who knows, what do I know. Maybe it was an addiction that he was battling, but I find that hard to believe. Apparently, Michelle Williams (of Dawson's Creek fame) has told their daughter that Daddy went away.

In my opinion. He was given a wrong prescription without being diagnosed.
I thought in the US. it is not easy to buy all those medicines and doctors are professionally practicing their craft.

It is unfair! It does not take a HEATH LEDGER to discover this fact.
My heart does not agree.

I agree with you white_angel. He didn't know what he was taking and I bet he'd do anything to just relax and take the pain away. We all know he loved his family, especially his daughter, and would never think of leaving her this soon. I hate when people come up to me, knowing I'm a fan and tell me a total lie about him. I was looking at things for a collage I'm making and my brother wanted to go on the computer and he saw a picture of Heath and said "He was a druggie, he's dead, get over it"...It is truly a shame  :-\\
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #430 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:39 PM »
I know we are all impassioned as to what could've been prevented, but putting the blame on anyone doesn't change the fact that these medications were legally prescribed medications, safe when taken as intended, and if anything, it raises our alertless as to the devastating effects that could happen when combined inadvertantly, even to healthy individuals.   :-\\

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #431 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:34 PM »
I know,Michelle,it's the same for me... :ghug: Sometimes I still think that it's like a dream-or better said,a nightmare-,or a stupid marketing strategy,or a bad joke...I suppose each one of us has his or her own time to regret it and to wear it off;where're no miraculous recipes for this. :^^)

:ghug: I've thought of/felt all those things you mentioned. and nope, no miraculous recipes- just time. That's probably the only thing that is going to bring the healing.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #432 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:10 PM »
I know we are all impassioned as to what could've been prevented, but putting the blame on anyone doesn't change the fact that these medications were legally prescribed medications, safe when taken as intended, and if anything, it raises our alertless as to the devastating effects that could happen when combined inadvertantly, even to healthy individuals.   :-\\

Perhaps you can clear something up for me DB. I read somewhere that one of the drugs he took is known to affect memory and that perhaps he forgot that he had already taken one or two of the pills and took another one which might have been the final blow. I know it won't bring him back but it comforts me to know that is was all just a tragic accident. The Supreme Being's way of calling home one who has done what he was placed on this earth to do.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #433 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:33 AM »
Perhaps you can clear something up for me DB. I read somewhere that one of the drugs he took is known to affect memory and that perhaps he forgot that he had already taken one or two of the pills and took another one which might have been the final blow. I know it won't bring him back but it comforts me to know that is was all just a tragic accident. The Supreme Being's way of calling home one who has done what he was placed on this earth to do.

You know, it's not necessarily even that he may have taken one, then another, or too many at a time.  Some of these are the kinds that stay in your system (the anti-anxiety meds), and as his father made a point of saying, and others have said, even in low doses these things can react wrongly together.  So it's not even really an "overdose" per se.  But a mis-dosed combination, combined with a weakened state.

Oh my heart hurts -- "if only" someone was taking care of him right then.  But someone almost was -- he had someone coming to give him a healing massage...and the timing was just cosmically wrong.  Then again, I suppose it's cosmically right, but we are too small to really understand that, to really know it.  Or, what is to be understood is that our pain is part of our own psychoemotional health...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #434 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:38 AM »

The one that causes amnesia is Ambien.  I can attest first hand that the effect is quite powerful.  A few years ago, I had taken one before bedtime, after I got back from a different time zone (jetlagged), but I made the mistake of talking to a friend online and arranged for meeting up over the weekend.  Well, I completely did not remember that conversation at all, and somehow he had the chat session saved and showed me.  I tried to tell him that it was the effect of the medication but he didn't believe me, and soon we drifted apart  :\'(

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #435 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:05 AM »
I agree with you white_angel. He didn't know what he was taking and I bet he'd do anything to just relax and take the pain away. We all know he loved his family, especially his daughter, and would never think of leaving her this soon. I hate when people come up to me, knowing I'm a fan and tell me a total lie about him. I was looking at things for a collage I'm making and my brother wanted to go on the computer and he saw a picture of Heath and said "He was a druggie, he's dead, get over it"...It is truly a shame  :-\\

Hi lil_dwarf!

Some news says that he was ( is) a dug addict. but have we read a confirmation from Michelle Wiliiams ( that I believe that only one true love of Heath Ledger. because he had made a lot of comments about her being in love , agree? ) I affirmatively believe HEATH LEDGER IS NOT A DRUG ADDICT. Look at his movies. recent and old and compare. Have we heard from the movie staff about his reacton and attitude when shooting the film? NO! Review his lines and hear it closely. the voice is  deep and clear.  and his acting. super.. great! There was NO TRACE HE WAS A DRUG ADDICT! and for me HE IS STILL ALIVE IN MY MEMORY. IN MY HEART and TO ALL THE BROOKIES HE TOUCHED THIER LIVES VIA BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.
The pain I have in my heart for Heat was.. no one was there in his apartment when he felt dying.
The agony..I can't bear to imagine how he died. My heart bleeds for " ROAST". I love this sweet Heath. no matter what they say.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #436 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:09 AM »
I know Heath is a young man with  full of love and compassion in his heart.
Pardon me for not using ( past tense in Heath . I can't! )
We in the Philippines is a day ahead of you guys. it is February 14. 4:10 PM Manila Time. and we are celebrating the " Hearts Day".

My greetings to my sweet Heath  on this day of  the heart. and he is up there watching us.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #437 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:41 AM »
Hi lil_dwarf!

Some news says that he was ( is) a dug addict. but have we read a confirmation from Michelle Wiliiams ( that I believe that only one true love of Heath Ledger. because he had made a lot of comments about her being in love , agree? ) I affirmatively believe HEATH LEDGER IS NOT A DRUG ADDICT. Look at his movies. recent and old and compare. Have we heard from the movie staff about his reacton and attitude when shooting the film? NO! Review his lines and hear it closely. the voice is  deep and clear.  and his acting. super.. great! There was NO TRACE HE WAS A DRUG ADDICT! and for me HE IS STILL ALIVE IN MY MEMORY. IN MY HEART and TO ALL THE BROOKIES HE TOUCHED THIER LIVES VIA BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.
The pain I have in my heart for Heat was.. no one was there in his apartment when he felt dying.
The agony..I can't bear to imagine how he died. My heart bleeds for " ROAST". I love this sweet Heath. no matter what they say.

Don´t worry,White_angel,because I'm sure that he never realised what was happenning to him in that moment.Perhaps he felt alone before,perhaps he was passing a bad time,perhaps he was even sad,but he was full with life and reasons to live.In these cases,doctors say that the person is slept and passes from this to the eternal sleep,to say it in any way.No pain,no suffering,no agony.It's the relief we must have now.

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #438 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:17 AM »
He, I've been reading all of your posts on the prescription drugs Heath had taken...I've been meaning to share something with you guys for quite some time now, but I wasn't exactly sure how to put it into words. Anyway, after Heath died, I talked to a friend of mine ( a girl, 18 years old ) and she told me: 'it was suicide!' I couldn't believe what she was saying and I immediately started debating her, telling her there's NO WAY in hell Heath would have been so selfish as to leave his little girl behind and tried reasoning with her by exclaiming how he simply had a sleeping problem+the stress got to him etc. Well, here's what she told me: 'look, all those drugs he took, well, I had taken ALL (!) of them over the past 3 years ( she was a quite depressive teen and yes, she really was given loads of medication :( ) and I tell you, when you mix even three of them ( she mentioned which, I can't recall their names at the moment ), and believe me, this is strong stuff, you become so suicidal that in those moments, you don't care whether you have a bunch of people who love you and care for you, you are completely numb, empty and hollow and just want to go to sleep- forever. And you do whatever is necessary to get that peace'. Her statement made me cry. Of course, I'm NOT implying that that's the case with Heath, because ultimately, we will never know what REALLY happened and what was really going on in his head ( alas, just as Ennis never really knew what happened to Jack- he was left only with what he chose to believe but the fact that he didn't know for sure ate him alive ), but I must admit that hearing the whole thing from another perspective, hearing it from a person who HAD ACTUALLY BEEN THERE and done that, made it easier for me to come to terms with things....and to understand that, even if it WAS intentional, that there are numerous things that need to be taken into account- namely the state your mind is in after taking such strong drugs, which is MILES away from 'our' states of mind. Because that was a factor I HADN'T considered so far, a factor I hadn't taken into account at all. So it's always good, I believe, to put things into perspective. Because we will never know how Heath really FELT and what state his mind and soul were in, but we could at least TRY to simply- understand. to try to GET IT in a way.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #439 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Koka, there is no need to debate with anyone about it. Heath did not die from suicide. When people debate, they speculate. We have to be VERY careful to distinguish between facts and speculation. What she said about people feeling suicidal after taking the combination of drugs, that is speculation. The FACT is, Heath made plans to meet people the very next day. He died by accident because he did NOT understand the drugs, their combinatorial effects, their side effects, and most of all, their effects on his already weakened condition due to the flu, and jet lag, and overworked stress, and lack of sleep.

To debate with people who speculates without facts, is to open yourself to lies. Yes, I use that word on purpose because many people lie to themselves, and then justify it by trying to convince other people, as if by convincing others, they gain legitimacy. The truth is, they are only lying to themselves, and others. Heath knows it was a tragic accident. His father, his soul mate and best friend, who spent two glorious wonderful weeks during the Christmas holidays, recognized right the way in the aftermath of media frenzy that it was an accident.

We, Heath's friends and loyal fans, do no need to convince anyone, but we need to be firm in our own conviction that Heath loved life, and would NEVER consider suicide. It is simply ridiculous.

I hope your depressive friend gets over her own problems and depression. It sounds like her depression has made her cynical and she is projecting the same dark colors in her heart onto everything she sees. It is a real danger, when people project their own inward anger to those around them. Depression is what they call anger turned inward. Some people get over it. I did. Others find other ways to protect themselves, by turning that anger into hatred, or cynicism, and hurt the people who loves them.

Take care of yourself, Koka, be confident that Heath loves life, and, please, leave the darkness to those who crave it. Stay in the light. You can help your friend by being strong in your love for Heath, and not be swayed by lies.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

He, I've been reading all of your posts on the prescription drugs Heath had taken...I've been meaning to share something with you guys for quite some time now, but I wasn't exactly sure how to put it into words. Anyway, after Heath died, I talked to a friend of mine ( a girl, 18 years old ) and she told me: 'it was suicide!' I couldn't believe what she was saying and I immediately started debating her, telling her there's NO WAY in hell Heath would have been so selfish as to leave his little girl behind and tried reasoning with her by exclaiming how he simply had a sleeping problem+the stress got to him etc. Well, here's what she told me: 'look, all those drugs he took, well, I had taken ALL (!) of them over the past 3 years ( she was a quite depressive teen and yes, she really was given loads of medication :( ) and I tell you, when you mix even three of them ( she mentioned which, I can't recall their names at the moment ), and believe me, this is strong stuff, you become so suicidal that in those moments, you don't care whether you have a bunch of people who love you and care for you, you are completely numb, empty and hollow and just want to go to sleep- forever. And you do whatever is necessary to get that peace'. Her statement made me cry. Of course, I'm NOT implying that that's the case with Heath, because ultimately, we will never know what REALLY happened and what was really going on in his head ( alas, just as Ennis never really knew what happened to Jack- he was left only with what he chose to believe but the fact that he didn't know for sure ate him alive ), but I must admit that hearing the whole thing from another perspective, hearing it from a person who HAD ACTUALLY BEEN THERE and done that, made it easier for me to come to terms with things....and to understand that, even if it WAS intentional, that there are numerous things that need to be taken into account- namely the state your mind is in after taking such strong drugs, which is MILES away from 'our' states of mind. Because that was a factor I HADN'T considered so far, a factor I hadn't taken into account at all. So it's always good, I believe, to put things into perspective. Because we will never know how Heath really FELT and what state his mind and soul were in, but we could at least TRY to simply- understand. to try to GET IT in a way.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #440 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Koka, there is no need to debate with anyone about it. Heath did not die from suicide. When people debate, they speculate. We have to be VERY careful to distinguish between facts and speculation. What she said about people feeling suicidal after taking the combination of drugs, that is speculation. The FACT is, Heath made plans to meet people the very next day. He died by accident because he did NOT understand the drugs, their combinatorial effects, their side effects, and most of all, their effects on his already weakened condition due to the flu, and jet lag, and overworked stress, and lack of sleep.

To debate with people who speculates without facts, is to open yourself to lies. Yes, I use that word on purpose because many people lie to themselves, and then justify it by trying to convince other people, as if by convincing others, they gain legitimacy. The truth is, they are only lying to themselves, and others. Heath knows it was a tragic accident. His father, his soul mate and best friend, who spent two glorious wonderful weeks during the Christmas holidays, recognized right the way in the aftermath of media frenzy that it was an accident.

We, Heath's friends and loyal fans, do no need to convince anyone, but we need to be firm in our own conviction that Heath loved life, and would NEVER consider suicide. It is simply ridiculous.

I hope your depressive friend gets over her own problems and depression. It sounds like her depression has made her cynical and she is projecting the same dark colors in her heart onto everything she sees. It is a real danger, when people project their own inward anger to those around them. Depression is what they call anger turned inward. Some people get over it. I did. Others find other ways to protect themselves, by turning that anger into hatred, or cynicism, and hurt the people who loves them.

Take care of yourself, Koka, be confident that Heath loves life, and, please, leave the darkness to those who crave it. Stay in the light. You can help your friend by being strong in your love for Heath, and not be swayed by lies.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

this was a really nice post lance, thank you for it, but I actually have the feeling that what I wrote came out a bit wrong.
What I meant was, that if it by any chance WAS suicide ( in the sense that the combination of those drugs made him even MORE depressed ( which my friend told me was the case with the drugs in question ) resulting in him simply wanting the pain to stop and taking some more pills ), after hearing what effect those drugs HAVE on people, I can understand him and do not by any chance judge. That was the point of my post actually, and the fact that I am glad to hear different perspectives on things. Although I personally choose to believe that it hadn't gotten that far for Heath...and I think that being suicidal ( because of a certain combination of drugs ) and not loving life have nothing to do with one another. I believe that Heath loved life, I really do, but that doesn't exclude the fact that he had been having a rough time, caused by various factors that had occurred simultaneously in his life. and vice versa of course. but of course, having a rough time doesn't imply being suicidal either. or in other words: nothing is black and white.

And what you said about my friend and about depression itself- you are spot on as usual. I am well aware of all those things and I strongly agree with everything you wrote.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #441 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Don´t worry,White_angel,because I'm sure that he never realised what was happenning to him in that moment.Perhaps he felt alone before,perhaps he was passing a bad time,perhaps he was even sad,but he was full with life and reasons to live.In these cases,doctors say that the person is slept and passes from this to the eternal sleep,to say it in any way.No pain,no suffering,no agony.It's the relief we must have now.

I believe you. I had to believe you or else my mind would not let me sleep at all thinking how he died.
You can see it from my posts. the time  of every posts I made. They were posted when everyone is asleep here in the island.

Heath, the young man I always had in my dreams of meeting him one day has left the world of imperfection.
In this world that he tried relating to almost everyone in  their lives from the roles he played in his movies.
He did not choose to be identified in a role and to keep his image as a hearhthrob rather he was choosy  of  his acting craft doing every roles par excellence. and my admiration grew fonder.

My mind and my heart won't let him go.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #442 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:26 AM »
"My mind and my heart won't let him go."

That's it exactly.  :ghug: to everyone.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #443 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:54 PM »
I don't care how It happend, I just hope he wasn't in any pain :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #444 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:05 PM »
     After reading some of the more recent posts, I feel I have to speak up.  I owe it to Heath Ledger, and to many of those who have grieved
his death.
    Yes, there has been an enormous amount of speculation, gossip, and even slander about the circumstances of his death.  And these should
be resisted.  But, in doing so, it is a hurt in the opposite direction to make it all nicey-nice, an unexpected accident, and all was well with Heath
before he died.  It wasn't, and that can't be covered up or air-brushed out.  Something was wrong, those last months, and arguably, this kind
soul, who often could not express himself with regard to his hurts, could only signal the inner pain that was assaulting him from some direction.

*the photos from London---look at his eyes.  Yes, he had pnuemonia, but the sadness there was awesome.

*look at a few of the formal photos on that same page.  They bear no resemblance to the happy Heath we knew.  They don't even
  resemble him.  One looks like 20 years of hard times squeezed into a few months, aging him almost beyond recognition.

*am sorry-the formal painting, showing 3 Heaths, is not playful, nor artistic posing, not simple self-exploration.  That painting is grotesque,
  and shows a man in deep turmoil.

*the early news reports contained much garbage, but also professional reporting from verified sources (including neighbors and friends) and
  those reports said he had aged 20 years and was deeply depressed.  Those credible reports were yanked off the networks along with the
  garbage reports.

I do well understand the different approaches to grieving.  I easily understand that we should not wallow in whatever was going on in those
months.  And I have zero problem with moving to a focus on the happy times and the great contributions this man made to tolerance and
decency.
  But not at the price of a complete, phony, cover-up of convenience.  Because one thing is NOT speculation---Heath was in trouble.  And
he was showing that the only way he knew how (some people cannot verbalize their pain, but can only signal, or hint, in hopes someone will
get the message sent).
  What that pain was---yes, that is speculation.  But it existed, is there before our very eyes, and I, for one, feel we owe it to Heath to
get the message he sent, even if it was too late.  We owe him that.  And THEN, having given him what he asked for---empathy for whatever
darkness was assaulting him, THEN, this good man would want us to....move on.  Not until then.
  He would not want us to wallow in that darkness.  He would want us to hear and see, finally, that his pain was understood. And then from
there, a celebration of his life. I can only speak for myself.  I got his message. I will never agree to gloss over his suffering.  I owe him that,
and this post.  No cover-up.  Accepting the joys.....and the pains.  Both.

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #445 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Hi lil_dwarf!

When I see a paper like National Enquierer or Star and see an article about his death, I know most of it is, speculation. No one knows what he was actually going through in his heart and mind. I agree with everyone here, he was in pain and I wish that someone who've seen it sooner and give him a shoulder to lean on. But he was never a drug addict, the way he acted never showed he might've been. I was furious when I was watching Insider with my mom and they said that his constant fidgeting might be a signal of drugs!! I couldn't believe what they are saying just to get another story. Though now, 3 weeks later (wow), that the news of him has supsided and that soon, his body will lie peacfully and the people will soon forget about the rumers and just remember the great man, father, actor he was.
At the same time, for us, it is sad. We know that there is no way of turning back now. I remember my friend, a fan as well, was talking about him with me and she said "is" and then paused, realizing how now she must say "was". It is hard and together, we still cannot believe something happened to a man so beautiful and loving.
I just pray that he is peacful and smiling down upon us up in Heaven now.     #)  #)  <^(  #)  #)
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #446 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Hey Brokies, sorry to put the moderator's hat on.  I have been reading some of the last post and first of all many are off topic.  This thread is about News, articles and Tributes.  It is turning to chit chat about assumptions if Heath had or nor drug addiction... there is no proves about either.  If you don't mind going back to topic and avoid assumptions... and chit chat. 

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008, 06:03 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #447 on: Feb 16, 2008, 02:29 AM »

Michelle breaks down watching Heath's video
Washington (ANI): American actress Michelle Williams broke down while watching a video montage featuring Heath Ledger and their 2-year-old daughter Matilda. The video montage was shown at an intimate memorial held on Feb 9 in Perth, Australia in honour of the late actor. It had the song "Happy Ever After in Your Eyes," which was penned by Ben Harper for Matilda at Ledger's request.

"Just seeing it all there in front of you was humbling," Usmagazine.com quoted one mourner as saying about the tribute. "It's just amazing how much he fit into his short life," the mourner added. Williams, who is 27-years-old, is heartbroken about the loss, but she is managing to hold on despite of the pressures of grieving, working, and mothering.

"She is really keeping it together. And she's so great with Matilda," a friend told Us. "She is happy to be working," another pal told Us. "It is a welcome distraction," the pal added.

This may be old news for some of you. It is the first time I've seen it. Have kleenex ready.

Sorry, I removed the link to the youtube video because it used quite a few pappirazzi photos of Heath in public with Matilda. I just realized that these photos usually have Heath wearing hoodies. One of them, even Matilda was wearing a hoodie outfit in her stroller. I am sure you can find it on youtube if you want to see it. I guess it is always a difficult question, where to draw the line, in our respect for Heath's privacy.

BEN HARPER LYRICS

"Happy Everafter In Your Eyes"

The morning sunrise spread her wings
While the moon hung in the sky
Held the sea in your hands
And happy everafter in your eyes

Couldn't leave you to go to heaven
I carry you in my smile
For the first time my true reflection i see
Happy everafter in your eyes

Every star in the night
Promises the dawn
I will be there if you fall
To ever so heavily rest upon

All that i can give you
Is forever yours to keep
Wake up every day with a dream
And happyever after in your eyes

Happy everafter is in your eyes

« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2008, 08:49 AM by lancecowboy2007 »

yb

« Reply #448 on: Feb 16, 2008, 05:06 AM »
Hey Brokies, sorry to put the moderator's hat on.  I have been reading some of the last post and first of all many are off topic.  This thread is about News, articles and Tributes.  It is turning to chit chat about assumptions if Heath had or nor drug addiction... there is no proves about either.  If you don't mind going back to topic and avoid assumptions... and chit chat. 

Thanks! :)

So true.  Please forgive me to add the following sentence:

Lancecowbody - I agree with your post 100%.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #449 on: Feb 17, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Naomi Watts, Geoffrey Rush gave tributes to Heath Ledger

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23229907-5006023,00.html

of all places, in Australia's annual Tropfest short film festival.

Said Rush: "He is one of our brothers, he is one of our clan and I had the great fortune to work with him on two films and know him a little bit socially. We are going to miss him."