Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642570 times)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #540 on: Mar 03, 2008, 01:59 PM »
I don't know if someone has posted this tribute before-if so,excuse me...-.It's from the Australian Short Film Festival (Tropfest) Tribute and also with "He was a friend of mine".It has some previous publicity,but,well...

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&fg=rss&vid=2a738e92-72d7-4ac0-8cee-71471bea08fa&from=imbot_en-au_general&wa=wsignin1.0

And this article about the last person who spoke with him-I repite,if it's a repetition,forgive my awkwardness-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/02/23/bfkapur123.xml

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #541 on: Mar 03, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I don't know if someone has posted this tribute before-if so,excuse me...-.It's from the Australian Short Film Festival (Tropfest) Tribute and also with "He was a friend of mine".It has some previous publicity,but,well...

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&fg=rss&vid=2a738e92-72d7-4ac0-8cee-71471bea08fa&from=imbot_en-au_general&wa=wsignin1.0

And this article about the last person who spoke with him-I repite,if it's a repetition,forgive my awkwardness-

Thank you so much for both of them, I don't think they were posted before.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #542 on: Mar 05, 2008, 02:35 PM »
In presenting the Robert Altman Award, actress Patricia Clarkson added: "Anyone who has seen the film 'I'm Not There' will remember the line, 'Live in your own times, child.' As actors, we were lucky to live in Heath's times. We only wish they could have been longer."

Earlier during the prizegiving in Santa Monica, California, Cate Blanchett dedicated her Best Supporting Actress award to her 'I'm Not There' co-star and fellow Aussie, Ledger, who she called "probably one of the most beautiful independent spirits of all."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=247445234&p=z4744594x

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #543 on: Mar 09, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Posthumous Oscar nomination for Heath Ledger's 'stunning' Joker?

From the LA Times website 9 March 08, with a link to a much longer story in the NY Times.

"Ledger gives a 'terrifying, amazing performance as the Joker, promises director Nolan. Ledger said it was 'the most fun I've ever had playing a character.' "

Read the story:

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2008/03/no-joke-posthum.html
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline gambrinus

• Alma Jr.
  • Gone, but never forgotten
« Reply #544 on: Mar 10, 2008, 12:04 PM »
Director Terry Gilliam has said he is "delighted" that Heath Ledger's final film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, will be released.

Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell will now appear as Ledger's character, but scenes he had previously filmed will be included in the movie. Gilliam said he was hoping "to touch people's hearts and souls as Heath was able to do" through the film. He added filming on the British-Canadian production had resumed in Vancouver "with the blessing and support of Heath Ledger's family".

It had been suggested that Ledger's role would be completed using CGI (computer generated imagery) special effects, which is what happened when Oliver Reed died during the making of Gladiator. In a statement the film's producers said other allowances had been made.

"Since the format of the story allows for the preservation of his entire performance, at no point will Heath's work be modified or altered through the use of digital technology.

"Each of the parts played by Johnny, Colin and Jude is representative of the many aspects of the character that Heath was playing."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/entertainment/7287953.stm
Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Misery (all he had) a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #545 on: Mar 10, 2008, 12:40 PM »
"Since the format of the story allows for the preservation of his entire performance, at no point will Heath's work be modified or altered through the use of digital technology.

I'm so relieved to hear that. I want to see him as he was... and I do hope they will include all his scenes in their entirety. I trust Terry Gilliam to treat Heath's work with the respect it deserved.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #546 on: Mar 11, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Here´s another nice tribute with the music of "The Wings"; lyrics and performance are by Shane August.

"You give me the wings to fly
You are the clear blue sky
I'm floating so free, so high
Falling with grace, for you, am I
You give me the wings to fly"

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

babytammy7

« Reply #547 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Here´s another nice tribute with the music of "The Wings"; lyrics and performance are by Shane August.

Oh man, this one is amazing!!! The song is totally beautiful and heartbreaking. Made me cry a lot. God.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Thank you Ali; I'd never found this.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2008, 05:29 PM by Baby Tammy »

Offline Audrey twist

• Heath Forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Anne is unique, Anne is Magnifique
« Reply #548 on: Mar 11, 2008, 04:31 PM »

:\'( :\'( :\'(
...Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #549 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:35 AM »

I love this article.  I had read other things by/about Kapur.  Heath would have been great as that TV war reporter I think.  And I love what Kapur said, that by this time, his face had matured, and he could have played that part...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #550 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:37 AM »
Director Terry Gilliam has said he is "delighted" that Heath Ledger's final film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, will be released.

Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell will now appear as Ledger's character, but scenes he had previously filmed will be included in the movie. Gilliam said he was hoping "to touch people's hearts and souls as Heath was able to do" through the film. He added filming on the British-Canadian production had resumed in Vancouver "with the blessing and support of Heath Ledger's family".

It had been suggested that Ledger's role would be completed using CGI (computer generated imagery) special effects, which is what happened when Oliver Reed died during the making of Gladiator. In a statement the film's producers said other allowances had been made.

"Each of the parts played by Johnny, Colin and Jude is representative of the many aspects of the character that Heath was playing."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/entertainment/7287953.stm

This is good.  I was hoping this would be the solution they would agree to.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

yb

« Reply #551 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:02 AM »
Ang Lee talked emotionally about Heath in an interview at ShoWest 2008, here's the link to view the video:

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=228082

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2008, 08:08 AM by yb »

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #552 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Ang Lee talked emotionally about Heath in an interview at ShoWest 2008, here's the link to view the video:

Thanks so much for this link, yb.  :\'( :ghug:

I think the candid and emotional response from Ang Lee surprised both the interviewer and Ang Lee himself.

The questions he asked were so poignant. I didn't catch his name, but whoever it was, good job!

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #553 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:43 AM »
Yes, beutiful interview.
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #554 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:01 AM »

Oh, that's really... beautiful and sad and... :\'( Ang Lee is such a sweet, gentle man. To hear him say that he misses Heath a lot, it really touches me.

But what was it exactly he said about Heath and the shirts? I'm not sure I understood.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #555 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:05 AM »

that was a really beautiful interview, and Ang's touching words were really heartfelt.   :\'(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #556 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Oh, that's really... beautiful and sad and... :\'( Ang Lee is such a sweet, gentle man. To hear him say that he misses Heath a lot, it really touches me.

But what was it exactly he said about Heath and the shirts? I'm not sure I understood.

That was a really nice, open and honest interview. You don't see those very often.

He was saying that it was very intense, and Heath was very intense, getting ready to do the scene with the shirts. And one of the times they did a take, he opened the door and they weren't there.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #557 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:10 AM »
I thought Ang was incredibly genuine in his grief for Heath, he was such a lovely man, and you felt his pain, especially when he was saying he wished he'd spent more time with him socially.   :\'( :\'(

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #558 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:25 AM »
That got to me too Christie, especially with the themes of regret for missed opportunities that run through BBM. I liked what he said about what they did together being up there though, and giving him the best parts of himself.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #559 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:34 AM »

I'll have to watch this when I get home. Thanks for posting it.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #560 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:14 PM »
What a lovely interview with Ang. Thanks for posting, yb.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #561 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:27 PM »
That got to me too Christie, especially with the themes of regret for missed opportunities that run through BBM. I liked what he said about what they did together being up there though, and giving him the best parts of himself.

Oh I know, and it was wonderful to hear how much Ang enjoyed working with Heath.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #562 on: Mar 12, 2008, 09:06 PM »
I thought Ang was incredibly genuine in his grief for Heath, he was such a lovely man, and you felt his pain, especially when he was saying he wished he'd spent more time with him socially.   :\'( :\'(

Me too- you could see it on his face. I felt bad when he said he'd probably have a hard time watching batman and seeing the trailer gets to him and also when he said that they made something together and it's there and that's his consolation.  :\'(
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #563 on: Mar 13, 2008, 04:20 AM »
Me too- you could see it on his face. I felt bad when he said he'd probably have a hard time watching batman and seeing the trailer gets to him and also when he said that they made something together and it's there and that's his consolation.  :\'(

Oh god I know!  He was touching his heart when he was saying watching the batman trailer gets to him....like it really hurt his heart to see Heath on screen, when he's no longer here.  You could tell Ang was genuinely affected and so sad. 

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #564 on: Mar 13, 2008, 04:27 AM »
Williams and Friends pay magazine tribute to Ledger

HEATH LEDGER's closest Hollywood pals, including ex-partners MICHELLE WILLIAMS and NAOMI WATTS, have spoken out for the first time since his death in January (08). The pair joined forces with director Todd Haynes - who made Ledger's movie I'm Not There - actors Sean Penn, Philip Seymour Hoffman, his agent Steve Alexander, and pal Ellen DeGeneres, to talk to Interview magazine about their relationship with the star. Williams, the mother of his daughter Matilda, describes Ledger's energy and talent, saying, "He had an uncontrollable energy. He buzzed. He would jump out of bed. "For as long as I'd known him, he had bouts with insomnia. He just had too much energy. His mind was turning, turning, turning - always turning. "He had a talent for everything that he put his mind to. He didn't know limits. "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, his how vulnerable he was. "You can pick up on it in his performances, but it's easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That's who he was." Watts, who dated Ledger for two years, adds, "His acting was just so touching, so connected in truth. I think he was just getting started." Seymour Hoffman, who met Ledger when they were both nominated for the Best Actor Oscar in 2006, describes the actor's "childlike enthusiasm," adding, "His body was always in motion." And his agent Alexander paints the picture of a Ledger as a "rolling stone".

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #565 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:11 AM »
STIPE PAYS LIVE HOMAGE TO LEDGER

REM frontman MICHAEL STIPE paid an emotional tribute to tragic HEATH LEDGER - before launching into one of the actor's favourite songs. The band dedicated their track Until The Day Is Done to Ledger in front of a packed crowd at Stubb's Barbeque during their stint at Austin, Texas' South By Southwest festival on Wednesday (12Mar08). A visibly upset Stipe announced, "This is dedicated to Heath Ledger who loved this song," before shouting at the end, "Goodbye Heath, we loved you!"

This is such a wonderful thing to do. If you want to listen to the song that was one of Heath's favourites, click on the link.  This isn't the actual concert mentioned above, but one from last year in Dublin.  Having listened to it, I can  understand why Heath loved it. It's really beautiful, with Micheal Stipe's haunting voice together with Peter Buck's gorgeous guitar playing - it gave me shivers. I would have loved this even if Heath hadn't, but the fact that he did, makes me love it even more. 

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #566 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Thank you Christie  for the updates !!
"I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, his how vulnerable he was. "You can pick up on it in his performances, but it's easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine.
What a wonderful thing to say,then  of course the would since they knew  him so well...

The tribute from MICHAEL STIPE and song by REM is indeed beautiful!  O0
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2008, 10:34 AM by hpv »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

yb

« Reply #567 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:31 AM »
The tribute by Michael Stipe was indeed beautiful, I hope there will be footage of it so that we can share that moment.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #568 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:32 AM »
The tribute by Michael Stipe was indeed beautiful, I hope there will be footage of it so that we can share that moment.

I really hope so too.   :)

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #569 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:46 AM »

That was so lovely. Ang really showed how he feels about Heath, and it was a beautiful, heartfelt tribute.
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes