Author Topic: ennisjack.com Newsletter Archive, January to March 2007  (Read 13313 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
ennisjack.com Weekly Newsletter
January 1 - 7, 2007

Special Edition

A Collective Greeting From The Mod Squad

The Moderators each wrote a few words to wish you a Happy New Year, you will see some wrote them in their native language... there are Mods originating from France, Italy, England, Scotland, Norway, Philippines, Taiwan, United States and Canada on ennisjack.com. This is some small planet, huh?  This is some great forum and we have a new home, thank you for your support.

To My Family
    Thank you for giving my the gift of life and love which I have been a part of since I joined this forum almost a year ago. I wandered in the dark and found light, I wandered alone and found companionship, I looked for understanding and found love. To the members of ennisjack.com, thank you for this past year and I so look forward to the new one.
BBBOY

Chers Brokies, je nous souhaite à tous une anné remplie d'amour, d'amitié, de paix, de santé et de bonheur.  Je vous aime. Encore merci à Annie Proulx, sans elle nous ne serions pas ici.

(I hope the English makes some sense) Dear Brokies, I wish to all of us a year fullfiled with love, friendship, peace, health and happiness.  I love you.  Thank you once more to Annie Proulx without her we wouldn't be here.

xx Pierre
Chameau

Best wishes and lots of love to all Brokies as we enter 2007.  You have made 2006 a very special year for me. 
It has been wonderful to see so many hearts touched by this masterpiece film. 
You all have touched my heart in many special ways. 
I hope 2007 brings you all peace, love, and happiness in ways we have not previously imagined.
Happy New Year to everyone at ennisjack.com!
City Slickin’ Cowboy

Happy New Year to all and thank you for making the forum a success.   :ghug:
Dirtbiker

Jeg ønsker alle ennisjack Brokies et riktig godt nytt år. Håper det blir fullt av chatting, vennskap, klemmer, møter og alt som hører en ekte Brokie til. Nyttårsklemmer fra Esme

I am wishing all ennisjack Brokies a very good new year. Hoping it will be filled with chatting, friendship, hugs, meetings and all that makes a true Brokie. New years hugs from Esme
Esmelily

有時後很難相信 這個討論區會因為一部電影而成長 斷背山不只是一部電影 它是我們心裡的一部分 在 ennisjack 過去一年當中 我們用這個心去感受 去體會  就如同是 Ennis 和 Jack 的緣份 讓我們有機會在人生旅途上相遇 謝謝你們的支持與鼓勵 祝大家新年快樂 身體健康.

Sometimes it is hard to believe that the forum is all because of a movie. Brokeback Mountain is not just a movie. It is a part of our heart. During the past year, we used it to experience, to feel and to form friendship just like Ennis and Jack met the first time. Thank you very much for your support and encouragement. Wishing everyone a very happy new year and good health.
Ethan

"I simply want you
to know how nice
things have been
since I met you,
how very special it is
to spend time with you,
and how much better
life seems
with you in my world."

-quote from Rowland R. Hoskins, Jr.

This is how I feel about my forum experience and everyone here. So I wish you all the best in 2007 and thank you for giving me all your best in 2006. I love you.

Barb
Flwrchild

Mes p'tits brokies,
Je vous souhaite à toutes et à tous une bonne et heureuse année 2007.
Tous mes meilleurs voeux de bonheur, de santé, de réussite et d'amour.
Je vous embrasse tous très fort
~ Froggy

...which more or less translates to:
My little brokies, I wish you all a very good and happy new year. All my best wishes (happiness, health, success and love).
Kisses
Froggy

My dearest Brokies,

2006 was about forging the bonds of friendship and love. 2007 is about deepening them. My life has been enriched more than I can express by everyone here. Thanks for the laughter and for being there to share the tears. I wish a happy, healthy New Year to you and your families. Happy New Year Brokies!

Lots of love to you all,

Michelle
LuvJackNasty

Cari brokies, inizia un nuovo anno in cui staremo ancora insieme e consolideremo
  la nostra amicizia. Vi auguro tutto il benessere possibile per Voi ed i Vostri cari.

x Mars

Translated into English -Dear brokies a new year starts and we will be still together
                                 and strengthen our friendship.I wish a better welfare to you
                                 and your families-
Mars

Chers Brokies, bonne et heureuse année à vous. Que cette nouvelle année vous apporte bonheur, joie et amour (vous pouvez choisir : soit un Jack soit un Ennis   ;) ), et surtout la santé !
2007 sera l'année des rencontres de Brokies.
Gros bisous.

Dear Brokies, good and happy new year to you. May this new year bring you happiness, joy and love (you can choose: either a Jack or an Ennis  ;) ), and above all a good health!
2007 will be the year of Brokies' meetings.
Big kisses.
pierralex

Dear Brokies

It's so comforting to know that there are always decent people to connect with at ennisjack.
Decent people rock, are incredibly sexy and are often excellent cooks!
  Meeting you all has helped make 2006 memorable for me.
As I Cherish the boys, I cherish this place too and you all.

Cheers
Carol
Toadily

Dear friends, I hope each and everyone of you has a wonderful new year. I hope 2007 brings you great joy and as many good people into your life as ennisjack.com has brought into mine. Thank you for the fun, joy, laughter and tears that many of you have shared with me over the last year. In Scotland we say " A guid New Year tae wan and all, lang may yer lum reek"  which translates as A good New Year to one and all and long may your chimney smoke. This refers not only to having warmth in your home but also a hearth where friends and family can sit with you. There will always be a place in my home for my brokie belles and beaus.
Tom

Bumaba ka sa bundok, at ika'y makibahagi.
Bumaba ka sa bundok, at hanapin ang 'yong sarili.

Manigong Bagong Taon sa inyo, mga kaibigan.

The couplet and greeting can be roughly translated as follows:

Come down from the mountain heights, and be one with all.
Come down from the mountain heights, and find yourself.

A Prosperous New Year to you. my friends.
Tpe

A Happy New Year to Brokies everywhere, brought together by our love of an amazing movie and a wonderful short story, united in our affection for each other and our hopes for a better and more tolerant world.
Welshwitch

Born From Their Love, Forever Bound by Ours

* Peace * Hope * Love *

Our New Home

New Forum Feedback + Problem

Since we moved to our new server last December 28 if you have any feedback, issues or questions, please report them here

Pics of moving our cyber home

On December 28 midnight, our cyber home was offline for the first time in a year and moved to a new server.

It took 6 hours to move everything we had accumulated over the year to this new place. These pics are mainly screen capture and I hope you enjoy them.

Getting ready to move - a toast to the brokies.

Click here to see more.

New Home, New Features

Member Map

Since we moved to our new home, we have now new features. This is one of them, the member map.  Click on the picture below to position yourself on the map and each time you will post, the flag of your country will show with your user name and avatar.  Also, the member map page will display an updated list of the members and the country you are from.

More for forum features.

Both of them are located on the navigation menu

Gallery - The gallery is open for everyone to view. Currently our past banners are posted there and it is usedonly by the administration. In the future, it may be open for members to share photos.

Staff List - You can see the list of mods here. If you need any help, it is easier to locate any one of us.

Posting features -

You may notice that when you reply to a post, a warning shows up because someone makes a post during your reply. You can turn off this feature by editing your profile setting.

Profile --> Look and Layout Preference --> Check "Don't warn on new replies made while posting."

Don't forget there is a wonderful help section on the navigation menu.

Enjoy your new home Brokies  :)

Congratulations for Achievement

Posted by Jack F. Twist (JFT) on December 28

It summarizes very well what we are feeling about the moving to the new server.

I would like to congratulate Ethan on the move over to the new server. If must have been an enormous amount of work for you and the team.

Everything works more or less like it did before, only the look is somehow cleaner - and much faster!

Well done.

JFT

Link: Congratulations for Achievement

Posted by MaxHim on December 29

In order to celebrate our new sweet home  :cr)

Here's some stuff I found :
"London Attitude" (quite nostalgic, isn't it ?)

There are more to see, this is the link: Misc Pics

Posted by frenchcda on December 30

Excerpt
<^(
I am left truly flabbergast at the new site the design and the appealing soft color brings a welcome mood to this new home, in the new year to soon come, May I wish you all prosperity and abundance, hope and love and most of all may all your wishes come to fruition.
THANK YOU
O0 <^( ^f^ ^f^ ^f^

Link: ENNISJACK.COM NEW HOME

Calendar for next week

January 1 - New Year's - Birthdays: gayhuntr (62), AndreA  (39), nutstoyou(32), My Man Jack  (27), TheBoyFromNoWhere  (31), GC  (16) 
January 5 - Birthdays: Tom  (50)
January 6 - Birthdays: leanne (19) 
January 7 - Birthdays: ludagurl3d2005 (19)

forum achievements

On december 28, ennisjack.com moved successfully to it's new home.

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

BBM Fan, on December 26

100 posts, Lureen

Magdalena, on December 27
JT, on December 27
Jodie447, on December 30

200 posts, Alma

Del Mar Twist, on December 27

Jack + Ennis,2000 posts

Carbyville, on December 28
Audrey Twist, on December 28

Special achievements

Froggy, 11 000 post on December 25, Love_bbm, 3000 posts on December 28, Hanna, 7000 posts, on December 28, LuvJackNasty & Twisted, 11 000 posts each, on December 30, City Slickin' Cowboy, 12 000 posts, on December 31.

(:) Congratulations to all!  (:)

Are you looking for the previous Newsletters?  Click on:  Archives

We will end this special edition here

Happy New Year Brokies, see you next week.

:ghug:

January 1 - 7 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2008, 06:12 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: ennisjack.com Newsletter Archive
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2007, 04:09 PM »
January 8 - 14, 2007

Hi Brokies,

We are back to our regular Newsletter, there are many quotes from members we will share with you this week but first of all please take note of the following:

We are starting a maintenance routine in order to do a back up of the data hosted on the forum.  In order to do it properly, the forum will be "off line" for a short period of time on a selected date, at a selected time.

Here is the first maintenance schedule:

Pacific Time, 9:00pm January 11
Mountain Time: 10:00pm January 11
Central Time:  11:00pm January 11
Eastern Time:  12:00am January 12
United Kingdom:  5:00am January 12
Western Europe:  6:00am anuary 12
Central Europe:  7:00am January 12
Taiwan: 1:00pm January13
Australia (Sydney): 3:00pm January 13

If you experience any problem since we moved to the new forum or you want to provide feedback,  please report them here.

Have a nice week on ennisjack.com:)

Chameau

Quotes From Last Week

Posted by justlikethisalways on December 31 2006

First off -- I'd like to with a very belated Happy 1st Birthday to ennisjack.com!!!  &**)

Although I'm not a regular poster here, I still feel I must make my own very humble contribution to this thread.

Why do I love ennisjack.com? Very simply, it has been a blessing in my life. Today makes exactly one year since I saw BBM in Seattle with my partner (we were visiting his folks at the time). He thought it was a nice movie, but that was about it. But, for days afterward, I was haunted by BBM. I kept hearing "The Wings" in my head, even in my dreams. Eventually I found ennisjack.com after having spent time on other forums. The openness, friendliness, and overall goodwill displayed on this forum made it stand out. I regret that I have been more of a lurker than a contributor to this site, but rest assured that I consider each and every one of you a brother or sister in my heart.

I've read with amazement about the get-togethers in Montreal and London. About 10 years ago, an acquaintance of mine mused about how the Internet offered an opportunity for distant souls to connect in meaningful and life-changing ways. Skeptic that I am, I scoffed. Now I eat my words.

In a few minutes, I'll be watching BBM in observance of my own 1st anniversary. I know each of you will be with me in spirit.

Happy New Year to all!  :cr)

Link:  Why I love this place

Posted by Dirtbiker on January 3

Still fascinated with the power of the movie, but I do long for the early days when the movie consumed me completely, making everything going on around me and the world seem totally irrelevant and unimportant.  It was almost like a Dali surrealistic painting...  It motivated me to do things that I never thought I'd do.  Definitely got a kick in the butt, "but" in a good way...  :c)

Link: How long will your fascination of Brokeback last?

More greetings for the new year found in Citing the "Gray" (Panthers) no - Wolves, better yet Silver Wolves

From Jerasjr, on December 31 2006

Was listening to some tips on survival and somehow related those tips to us here in camp.
If you are lost
stay in one spot
someone will come and find you
IT seems to me that we were "lost" and we found our spot and have stayed here with people finding us all the time.         
And I am glad that we have found each other.

Click on the picture to go to the thread.

From LuvJackNasty on January 1st 2007

It feels so weird to say goodbye to a year that brought me so much. I'm nearing a year since those two men wriggled their way into my heart and I never thought I'd still be here. We've shared ups and downs, birthdays, holidays, laughter, tears and most importantly love. But it also feels so good to ring in 2007 knowing that those who have come to mean so much to me will be here as we embark on a fresh new year on this Brokeback journey. If someone had told me a year ago that seeing that movie would a) affect me so much and/or b) bring me all of this I never would have believed it. I still don't believe it at times- the love, support and friendship found here- at times seems too good to be true. But it is true and it is real because it is felt everyday where it matters most- in my heart. I love you all  <^(

Click on the picture to go to the thread.

Dissection of a Picture -- Final Scene

Started by Carbyville on January 3

…I was looking through pictures one day and came across one that really made me kind of sick. It is a picture of the scene that gets me the most depressed. I looked at it for a few minutes because it is an amazing hi-res version of the picture. The longer I looked at it, the sicker I felt. Sick with sadness, I should say. I decided I was going to make this post to see how everyone else felt about what I am going to point out, observe and analyze about this picture…

It's a very detailed and interesting analysis, click here to go to the thread.

Meet the Authors

Fan Fictions are stories of the characters of Ennis and Jack from many authors, others than Annie Proulx.  ;)

You could find more about this here.

Warning  ???  Many of the stories have explicit sexual content.

Posted by LuvJackNasty, an interview with our very own Flwrchild  :)

Author of “Another Fork in the Road” One shot

Are you a professional writer?
No, though I have toyed with the idea off and on for years.

If yes, have you published anything and if so what?

If no, What's your job in the ''real'' world?

I am a stay-at-home mother of a five year old boy.

What brought you to write about the characters of Ennis & Jack?
Same as most, I suspect. I just couldn’t get them out of my head.

Are you writing Fan Fictions about other characters others than the ones from BBM?
No, they are the only ones that have grabbed onto my heart this way.

Is it sometimes difficult to deal with the critics and comments of your readers?
I’ve been very lucky so far, people have been extremely kind. So no, not yet anyway.

If you could change one thing about the story/movie what would that be? (excluding keeping Jack alive...I think we all would change that if we could!)
Just more time. One more day, one more hour. One more moment for them to hold each other.

The History of ennisjack.com

ennisjack.com Chronology - past, present & future

The last update from Ethan was posted on December 26.

Excerpt
One year later, Brokeback Mountain is still with us and this forum contiues to prosper. It was the holiday season last year when the movie had made a profound impact on me. It is the same holiday season again but this time it is filled with love from many of you. My heart went from a void taken by Ennis and Jack to full of love filled by you. It is truely a blessing...

Click here to read it all.

In Your Words: an ennisjack.com retrospective

Started by BBBOY on May 21

If you are looking for gems, the best posts ever, we have a special thread where we have been collecting them for the past year.   Click here to visit it and see how it works. If you sometimes visit some old posts and one in particular appeals to you, please bring it to the Retropesctive Thread.

Brokies Get Togheter

Oscar Night Screening of Brokeback Mountain

When?  Sunday, February 25, 2007
Where? Bay City, Michigan

BayCityJohn is organizing a get together, the movie will be open to the public, but free for forum members from the ennisjack, bettermost, and davecullen forums. Click here  for all the details.

Ennisjack.com Spring 2007 Gathering in America

Latest news about this project, the time is Memorial Day week-end, May 26, 27 & 28 2007.  The target is Denver Colorado since 2 other forums, bettermost and davecullen, are having a B.B.Q. in Denver during this week-end. Click here to go to the thread.

Ennisjack.com Spring 2007 European get together

Are we going to meet next Spring in Europe? Are we going to meet in Paris or Rome?  There is a new poll for the choice of the city. Click here to vote and discuss about it.

West Coast Summer get together-start the ball rollling!

Started by Toadily on December 10

Dirtbiker says The first weekend in August would be good for the get together at his place in Seattle.
What does everyone else think?  That is Aug4/5
Looks like Kathy and I are on board for planning duties.
Feedback?

Many members already posted their interest about this project, click here to go to the thread.

Zodiac premiere meeting in London

Started by Monicita on December 12

My brokies and Jack-lovers!

during the wonderful EGT meeting in London last weekend the idea of going to the premiere of Zodiac (the new movie with Jake G.) in London came up. It is going to be in March (not totally clear yet when exactly). We are hoping Jake will be there and it would be a great chance to see some of the other brokies again. Some people said it should only be the premiere and then back home, but for me, flying in from Germany, that seems a pity. Why not at least have lunch or dinner together? I know there are a few of you who want to be there. Who would want to join us?

Monicita

Click here to go to the thread.

Calendar for next week

January 8 - Birthdays: Badarsila (27)
January 9 - Birthdays: keren_b (31), suffused (45)
January 10 - Birthdays: garciara (48), Twisted (23)
January 11 - Birthdays: cerulean (19) 
January 12 - Birthdays: Faerie Tale Ending, chameau (47), BruceinNewYork (43)
January 13 - Birthdays: tweric (37), josh_peralta (23), Rodeojack (19) 

forum achievements

350 000 posts on ennisjack.com on January 2nd, 150 pages in the Pics of YOU! thread on January 2nd, 450 pages in the French Channel and 100 pages in the Tainted Evidence thread on January 3rd, 600 pages in the Jake's Pix thread on January 5, 2000 pages in the Silver Wolves thread on January 7.

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Maidenofthesea, on December 15  ???
Bighearth, on January 3.

100 posts, Lureen

BBM Fan , on January 7

Jack,500 posts

Dodolea, on January 1st

Special achievements

Mars, 17 000 posts on january 3, Asali, 5000 posts on January 4, Tpe, 16 000 posts on January 5.

Congratulations to all!   O0

DVD release around the world

U.S./Canada - April 4th (zone 1 DVD)
U.K. - April 24 (zone 2 DVD)
Hong Kong - April 28 (zone 3 DVD)
Spain - June 7 (zone 2 DVD)
Norway, June 11 (zone 2 DVD)
Finland, July 12 ( zone 2 DVD)
Sweden, July 17 (zone 2 DVD)
France - July 19 (zone 2 DVD)
Australia - July 20 (zone 4 DVD)
Italy - August 30 (zone 2 DVD)
Japan - September 22 (zone 3 DVD)
Belgium - September 26 (zone 2 DVD)
Netherland - September 28 (zone 2 DVD)
Germany/Austria - October 16 (zone 2 DVD)

Collector's Edition - USA & Canada, January 23 2007 (zone 1 DVD)

Any update about the release in your country?   
Click on the picture to post the information. 

Got News or Ideas?

Please help the editing team by sending new items you think should be in the newsletter. Is there a post that really touched you? Do you have something that needs to be announced? Whatever you think would be good for the newsletter, please PM the editors or post them there:  Newsletter

Questions, Suggestions & Technical Issues

What's on your wish list for this board? Ask questions about the forum and report your technical issues here too.
Click Here

Calling volunteers for our weekly forum newsletter

The forum invites members to get involved with our weekly Newsletter. The purpose of newsletters is to keep our members informed and updated. The newsletter is our bulletin board for many areas which the members will be interested or should be informed, it's updated weekly.  If you are interested, click here

Archives of the previous Newsletter

Are you looking for the previous Newsletters?  Click here:  Archives

See you next week Brokies  ;)

January 8 - 14 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:35 PM »
January 15 - 21, 2007

Hello Brokies,

We hope everyone is having a terrific start for the new year and it continues throughout the year. Ennisjack is having a great start. The forum was moved to a new server at the end of last year and continues to prosper. We hope you are enjoying the new look and faster speed. If you have any problem or feedback, please post HERE

On January 12, the forum completed its maintenance and backup. It took 2 hours to backup roughly 500 MB we have accumulated so far. As the forum grows larger, the backup time will be longer. In order to keep the forum manageable in size, we kindly ask you to "clean" your Personal Messages. Please delete any Personal Message in your inbox or outbox that you no longer need. It will really help us tremendously.

The forum will continue to schedule regular maintenance because it is crucial to backup and maintain our home. When a maintenance is scheduled, it will be announced and posted in the newsbox and newsletter. Please keep an eye on the forum update. Thank you for your help and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Lastly, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Chameau who has worked tirelessly on the newsletters since April 2006. Kudos to his dedication and contribution to the forum. We hope you will find the newsletters informative and useful.

:cr) Ethan

Don't spend your time watching the Oscars go see Brokeback Mountain on a theater screen instead

The countdwon is now 5 weeks, Bay City is close to Detroit.  So Brokies from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Ontario and some crazy fellows who would fly from the Moon to attend it, your attention please.

The movie will be open to the public, but free for forum members from the ennisjack, bettermost, and davecullen forums. Click here for all the details.

Brokies Got Togheter

BBM Gathering Taiwan - December 28, 2006

Brokies in Taiwan met last December 28...  ???  If we're not wrong it was the third gathering there since last Spring.  8)  Click on the picture below to see more of this.

EGT London in Action - Video for download

Ethan made a video from the friendly, crazy, lovely and amazing London gathering of last December 8 - 11 2006.  Click on the picture below to go to the thread and the link to view online or download.

Brokies Will Get Togheter Again

The time is Memorial Day week-end, May 26, 27 & 28 2007.  The target is Denver Colorado since 2 other forums, bettermost and davecullen, are having a B.B.Q. in Denver during this week-end. Click here to go to the thread.

Are we going to meet next Spring in Europe? Are we going to meet in Paris or Rome?  There is a poll for the choice of the city that is about to end... Paris is leading. Click here to vote and discuss about it.

The dates are August 4 - 7, 2007, the place is Seattle.  Latest news about the Seattle gathering, we're looking for a meeting in San Francisco and from there take the Coast Starlight Train to Seattle, who's in?  Many members already posted their interest about this project, click here to go to the thread.

All you Need is Love

Why do we love ennisjack.com?  Film or Forum - Which has affected us the most?  Overwhelming toughts were posted last week... it's all about love, respect and friendship.  Please click on the links, more beautiful posts are waiting for you to read and comment.

Posted by MississaugaRed on January 9

Excerpt
I find it hard to separate the two anymore.  To be here is to touch Jack and Ennis in some way. And when I think of or watch the film, I've reminded of ennisjack.  Either through the way my perceptions of the film have changed or grown from what has been shared here, or because something in the film will trigger a thought that I can't wait to discuss with my forum friends.

There's no question I would never have found ennisjack if I hadn't been so affected by the film. At the same time, it's doubtful my intense passion for Brokeback Mountain, the film, would have been sustained at this level for so long without ennisjack to feed it daily.

I think maybe the two together, film and forum, are greater than their parts alone.  A living entity, always evolving, and always involving.    :)

Link:  Film or Forum - Which has affected you the most? by MississaugaRed.

Posted by Keren_b on January 11

I love this place every time I read a message from a new member telling me they're gay although they don't know me, because I know they feel safe and accepted here and because I'm happy to see they're proud of who they are and they have other people to share it with.
I love this place every time somebody shares their private thoughts, their most deepest secrets here, because it amazes me that people trust me with these secrets, that they have this place to share things they've never told anybody else, that I have the previlige to listen and support.
I love this place because it's a place of love and acceptance and mutual respect. I love it because it trully is a unique place, and this is how I would like the rest of the world to be.

Link:  Why I love this place by Keren_b.

Posted by Koka on January 12

Excerpt
When I first read the question, I wasn't quite sure of the answer.....after thinking it over a bit I decided to say: the movie. but that still doesn't cut it. allow me to elaborate :) yes, the movie has had a HUGE impact on me, it made me aware of feelings I never before believed I could have, it made me hurt, it made my heart ache, it LITERALLY (!!!) made me sick ( in a way that I had this feeling of unease in my stomache from the moment ennis and jack parted right untill the next day.....the next WEEK to be exact ), it made me 'be' with myself, made me dig deep into my very soul, it taught me how to enjoy- SILENCE. how to love silence, how to be 'one' with it. it showed me the beauty of love, even though I am well aware of the fact a lot of people/viewers didn't see any love to begin with, but that's their loss. and being on this forum, with all of you marvelous people and tremendeous human beings, helped me heal. I finally managed to find words to describe my feelings, words to describe my sorrow, words to describe every single emotion that struck me during my 10 theater viewings and most of all- not having people around me who felt the same way, here I knew I would be understood- ALWAYS. I knew my words would mean something, I knew at least ten people would go 'I KNOW, I felt the exact same way!'- and even if it were only one person, that would still mean the world to me. so I guess this is also a way for me to say 'thank you!' to all of you, for simply- 'listening' or should I say- reading, understanding and being there.

so I believe that my experience of the movie would not have been complete without the forum and all of you, because I wouldn't have been able to express myself in a way I seemed fit and that is god's honest truth

Link:  Film or Forum - Which has affected you the most? by Koka.

Posted by BBBOY on January 12

Excerpt
I have been thinking all day about the things I wanted to say, things I've said before, things I never thought I could say, things I would like to say. 10,000 posts and almost one year ago I found something that has truly changed my life. I found ennisjack.com. Each day that I log on here I know that I will find understanding and acceptance and encouragement. I could not ask for anything more than that in my life. I am so proud to be called a moderator and to work to insure the continuation of what we have here. I am so humbled to be able to call so many of you friends and mean it.

Ennisjack.com has given my something I never had before in my life. It has given me belief and trust in myself, and you dear friends are ennisjack.com. Thank you for your gift.

Link:  Why I love this place by BBBOY.

Pix with Poems

Members posted and are still posting great poems with pictures from Brokeback Mountain, we will try to catch up in the future editions of the Newsletter.  Thanks for sharing Brokies and please keep up the good work.

Posted by Jessi on January 5

Always in my dreams,
Your face clearer than morning,
Eyes seeing just me.

Always in my dreams,
Early cold winter mornings,
Hot muggy nights, you.

jessi

Link:  Always in my dreams

If you are looking for gems, the best posts ever, we have a special thread where we have been collecting them.   Click here to visit it and see how it works. If you sometimes visit some old posts and one in particular appeals to you, please bring it to the Retropesctive Thread.

Meet the Authors

Fan Fictions are stories of the characters of Ennis and Jack from many authors, others than Annie Proulx.  ;)

Posted by LuvJackNasty,  an interview with our very own Shieldmaid Author of Going Down

Yes and no--I write as part of my job, but not as my primary job.

Yes--I've published about 5 scholarly articles, several encyclopedia entries, and a few poems.

I'm an assistant professor of English, so I am required to write and publish articles in my subject areas, which are American poetry, women's literature/theory, and African-American literature.  I also write poetry of my own, have written a half-finished screenplay, and am planning to start a novel this summer that's been brewing in my mind for about 2 years.

Like many fan fiction authors, I felt a deep need to see Ennis and Jack inhabiting a world in which they could be happy together in the long term.  I had been reading fan fic and admiring the unbelievable talents of writers like Lori, Jenna, Maggie, Amy, Kumari, and many others for months before it occurred to me that I might get some additional relief from the painful beauty of BBM by writing about it myself as well.  I was also inspired by the closeknit community of fan fic writers and readers themselves.  Everyone is so welcoming to writers and so careful about reading and responding thoughtfully to their work that becoming a part of the community as a writer has been one of the great joys of my life.

Are you writing Fan Fictions about other characters others than the ones from BBM?

No, though I have been a longtime LOTR fan and read some of the fics from that community before BBM was released.

Is it sometimes difficult to deal with the critics and comments of your readers?

Not at all.  I try to respond to every comment I receive, though RL sometimes prevents me from responding as quickly as I would like to.  People have generally been very kind and supportive when reading my work, and I've been thrilled to find fans following along with my story.

If you could change one thing about the story/movie what would that be? (excluding keeping Jack alive...I think we all would change that if we could!)

I would include an additional scene when Ennis and Jack are older, maybe during their final camping trip, when Ennis embraces Jack face-to-face and really spends some time just looking into his eyes.  It's clear that canon Ennis isn't able to articulate his feelings verbally to Jack but I think Jack would have understood if Ennis had let him see into his hidden inner self a little.  I read an interview with Heath Ledger in which he said he saw Ennis as always squinting and looking down, and he did a brilliant job of portraying Ennis's closed-off nature.  But I still wish for one instance in which Ennis just let Jack see him for who he really is and what he really feels.  Because I worry that Jack didn't have that reassurance to remember at the final moment of his death.

BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*

Latest news about the DVD Collectors Edition to be release in USA and Canada next January 23rd.  After many rumours, Emails sent to Universal Pictures, more rumours and petitions this is what this edition might include:

Deleted Scenes
A Groundbreaking Success
Music from the Mountain
Reality on the Range

Please note this will be a zone one DVD.  To go to the information and discussion thread click on the picture below.

Calendar for next week

January 16 - Birthdays: ethan (36), SilverRains, mellwell22 (30), Yox3 (23), rpmnh (45)
January 17 - Birthdays: JMLerma (46)
January 20 - Birthdays: Daniella (48), amtamburo (36), Personal Brokeback Anniversary: bella muerte, LuvJackNasty, Mars 

forum achievements

60 000 posts in the Silver Wolves thread on January 8, 300 pages in the Congratulations for Achievements thread on January 9.

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Chapeaugris, on January 8
Ole, on January 9

200 posts, Alma

Magdalena, on January 8
one_of_one, on January 10

Jack, 500 posts

Del Mar Twist, on January 11

Ennis,1000 posts

Tizi17, on January 11

Special achievements

Christie Wood, 3000 posts on January 9, Flwrchild, 8000 posts on January 9, Twisted, 12 000 posts on January 10, Mars, 18 000 posts on January 11, BBBOY, 10 000 posts on January 12, Carbyville & Audrey Twist, 3000 posts each, on January 13, Chameau, 16 000 posts on January 14.

Congratulations to all!   :c)

Got News or Ideas?

Please help the editing team by sending new items you think should be in the newsletter. Is there a post that really touched you? Do you have something that needs to be announced? Whatever you think would be good for the newsletter, please PM the editors or post them there:  Newsletter

What's on your wish list for this board? Ask questions about the forum and report your technical issues Here too.

Hasta la vista Brokies  :ghug:

January 15 - 21 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2007, 03:35 PM »
January 22 - 28, 2007

Good day Brokies,

Good news, since we moved to the new forum our membership is increasing so is the number of posts.  Thank you all for keeping ennisjack.com alive and well.  Talking about posting, there are a lot of picture threads here.  Before posting images on the forum we suggest you to preview your post.  In many events you will find the picture is too big to fit the page.  Images who are too big will also take more time to download, especially for members who have dial up connections, you could refer to this tutorial.  If you must quote someone's post containing pix, please downsize the photo.  Thanks for your help keeping the forum in good shape.

Have a nice week  :cr)

Chameau

Editorial

The following editorial was written by Jerasjr and reflects ONLY the opinion of this author and not
necessarily that of the entire Newsletter Team

Perceptions and Expectations

Often wonder how accurate we are in our surface perceptions of Jack and Ennis: Ennis silent and long-enduring  and Jack carefree and in-the-moment.  The film doesn’t allow us much time in their lives, much less insight into their moments of introspection.
We do feel and experience the impact of their relationship – the passion, the love and the sorrow – and wish that one or the other could have made that move, that change that would have enabled them to live the life that we hoped for. 
      But wishful thinking does not make anything work, and the reality of their lives makes for a relationship that many of us might find intolerable in our own.  Their story is a triumph of the human spirit in a period that presents innumerable obstacles to its growth. 
     While we do not see much evidence of change in Ennis, we do feel that throughout his life, Jack was the focus of his affection.  Limited as Ennis seems in his emotions, he does realize, albeit too late, how much that love was a part of his being.  Ennis seems much  influenced by the perceptions and expectations of society, which did not tolerate anything more than the manly male, and the male/female couple.  How narrow and compartmentalized his opportunities must have seemed, and they definitely did not include love and life with another man.  How conflicted he must have been! 
      Jack, on the other hand, appears to face life as it comes to him, is not as restricted emotionally and actually seems to have a joy in living.  But  the focus of his affection is Ennis, and he faces that love, and believes in the ability of that love to overcome any obstacles thrown up by society.  Disillusionment does come, but his belief in the rightness of their relationship does not disappear.
     So is Jack or Ennis the realist?  Or is one or the other the dreamer?  A case could be made for both or either.  Ennis was a dreamer to think that his life was not affected by the passion he felt for Jack – Ennis was a realist who felt that a life together was impossible.  Jack was a dreamer to think that they could make a life together – Jack was a realist when he made plans that did not include Ennis, but another man. 
      Do not believe that they can be categorized so easily – we do not know their inner thoughts, but we do see their actions toward each other.  Do we think the less of either of them for the course that they followed, for whatever happened within or outside of their relationship?  I know that I don’t –their love was the thing that dreams are made of.

Don't spend your time watching the Oscars go see Brokeback Mountain on a theater screen instead

The countdwon is now 4 weeks, Bay City is close to Detroit.  So Brokies from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Ontario and some crazy fellows who would fly from the Moon to attend it, your attention please.

The movie will be open to the public, but free for forum members from the ennisjack, bettermost, and davecullen forums. Click here for all the details.

The time is Memorial Day week-end, May 26, 27 & 28 2007.  The target is Denver Colorado since 2 other forums, bettermost and davecullen, are having a B.B.Q. in Denver during this week-end. Click here to go to the thread.

EGT II - Paris 2007

Are we going to meet next Spring in Europe? If yes it will be in Paris.  There is a new poll for the choice of the dates. Click here to vote and discuss about it.

The dates are August 4 - 7, 2007, the place is Seattle.  Latest news about the Seattle gathering, we're looking for a meeting in San Francisco and from there take the Coast Starlight Train to Seattle, who's in?  Many members already posted their interest about this project, click here to go to the thread.

We just can't stop talking about it

It's more than a year now but, we can't stop talking about Brokeback Mountain.  This is a sample of new, recent and existing topics and posts about BBM discussions.  Please take the time to click on the links to read more and post your point of view.

Started by Tpe on December 15

No, I didn't count the number of kisses to be 101!  What I want to suggest by the title is that kisses and kissing feature so prominently in many of the scenes: from the cold distant kiss exchanged between Jack and Lureen to the dizzying hights of the Reunion Kiss.

And I should also include in this thread a discusssion of the most prominent scenes where kissing did NOT actually occur: as in the near-kiss of the FNIT and the Dozy Embrace, whose power matches any kiss….

Link:  The 101 Kisses of BBM

Posted by Manhattangirl on January 15

He was inept in a lot of things, but not love...  Jack couldn't ride very well, he couldn't shoot very well, he sure couldn't sing and he couldn't use a can opener. But, he was good at love.  He loved Ennis purely, deeply, longingly, till the day he died.  You could tell that when Ennis came back after being thrown from the horse, Jack dipped his scarf in the boiling water to clean Ennis's wound. 

Jack was definitely the force in this relationship.

Link:  keeper of the fire

Posted by Ainfoolin on January 17

We know that Ennis could'nt admit that he was gay, but how exactly did he see Jack? Did he think of Jack as gay? If he thought of Jack as homosexual, then how would he justify his own  love for him and his  paticipation in the relationship without admitting his own gayness? This was much deeper than just sex.   I think it's MAJOR denial .  In other words, how does Ennis define Jack's sexuality? It seems there's a major contradiction.  I think Jack was definitly gay as he only sought out men and the only woman he got involved with was Lureen...but she sought him out. Not the other way around.

Link:  Jack's Sexuality: A Discussion

Posted by Jack F. Twist on January 17

excerpt
The "alcoholic" aspect (excessive drinking where it is seen as being a problem by the individual concerner and/or the people around them) is only implied in that Lureen said that Jack drank a lot and made jokes about whiskey springs.

Between the lines I feel Jack was a heavy drinker. Frustrated, stuck in an unhappy marriage yet with the money for drink.

Link: Alcohol and the boys.

Started by Manhattangirl on January 17

Excerpts
Why did Ennis marry Alma?  I don't think it was love, (on his part anyway), but his  next logical step in his mind.  Remember,  His sister got married and left, and so did his brother, he was alone, Alma even mentioned that in the film.  So for him it was the thing to do.

His thoughts on sex with her was interesting I thought,  "if you don't want to have any of children, I'll  leave you alone."  Sex with woman only means babies, WOW!   Compare this with the passion he showed when he was with Jack...

...He married Alma, because it was the thing to do.  He was protective of Alma, but I doubt that he loved her.   His whole being was centered in Jack, and even that tormented him.

Why did Ennis marry Alma? Was It Love or the next Logical Step.

Link:  Why did Ennis marry Alma?

BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*

We will know for sure by Thursday if there are deleted scenes or not on this Collectors Edition.  ::) 
Please note this will be a zone one DVD which means United States and Canada.  To go to the information and discussion thread and post your impression if you purchased the latest Collectors Edition, click on the picture below.

Pix with Poems

We are still catching up on member's poetry, please Brokies keep posting your poems.  O0

Posted by Frenchcda on December 31

Passage

In idleness
Thy come to feel Thine sun
With thy bare hands
Disguised thy sorrows
Like clusters of leaves
Restraint in this enclave
What lowlands and grassy plain
Are whispering the winds of fall
In hope thy beyond yonder thy blest
Upon this grave
Thyself an old man, dearly thy pause
Thou thy part and farewell sigh
Hither fair the morrow’s dawn
Thy pray no more, must go
Lesser thy inner glee
Upon a breeze
Folded wings bond thou worth
Come thy fare not evil
Dazzle thy bosom ebbing time
Upon thy watering eyes
Thou lips touched and kept
Like a garment of thy soul
Mortal, shame not
As thee rest well to
Hear thy better cry
Thyself in honor
Our love forever
Heaven inne sealed in wonder

Link:  Passage

New topic from last week

Finding my own Brokeback Mountain

Started by horo04 on January 17

Excerpt
...Originally I tried to find these sites on my own but to no avail.  Even though I live in Calgary and all the scenes were a stone throws away I just couldn't find anything.  Now thankfully to findingbrokeback.com all those places became a reality.  Another reason I'm putting these up here is to promote Alberta tourism and also an Alberta get-together is being planned for sometime this summer at Bettermost.com.  So come out here and see the..well not the real Wyoming..but a "cheap imitation" of Wyoming! (as Ang Lee put it...but as you'll see there's nothing "cheap" about it! ;))

Click here for more pictures and the full story.

If you are looking for gems, the best posts ever, we have a special thread where we have been collecting them.   Click here to visit it and see how it works. If you sometimes visit some old posts and one in particular appeals to you, please bring it to the Retropesctive Thread.

Calendar for next week

January 22 - Birthdays: Fiona-Berlin (28), MaxHim (30) 
January 25 - Birthdays: TopGun (44)
January 26 - Birthdays: xox_Toxic_Candy_xox (17)
January 27 - Birthdays: Yannick (19) 

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Jacks_key, on January 15
Manhattangirl, on January 16
Horo04, on January 19
Lani, on January 20

200 posts, Alma

BBMFan. on January 16

Jack, 500 posts

Jack F. Twist, on January 15
boo_boo, on January 16
Magdalena, on January 17

Ennis,1000 posts

Magdalena, on January 20
Dodolea, on January 20

Special achievements

Mars, 19 000 posts,on January 20

Congratulations to all!   O0

Got News or Ideas?

What's on your wish list for this board? Ask questions about the forum and report your technical issues Here too.

See you next week  ^f^

January 22 - 28 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2007, 08:12 PM »
January 29 - February 4, 2007

Hello dearest Brokies,

Good news, up to January 28 6:30pm Eastern Time in North-America 146 new members registered this month only.  This beats 144 members who registered in May 2006.  8)

And Brokeback Mountain is nominated for the French Cesars as best foreign language motion picture of 2006.  :clap:  There is more about this below.  Thank you Brokies for making ennisjack.com such a nice place on the web.

Have an excellent week,

Chameau

BBM Nominated for Best Foreign Film in France

Started by carlton5 on January 27

This may have been cited elsewhere but just in case- BBM is up for the French version of the Oscars(the Cesars) as Best Foreign Film this year. The other nominees  are Babel,Little Miss Sunshine,The Queen and Volver. The ceremony is held on Feb 24th 2007- I hope the French add insult to injury to the Oscars by a BBM win!!!!

Click here to go to the thread.

BBM Collectors Edition

This is the final report in regards of the Collectors Edition.  There are no deleted scenes. Some reviews of the DVD have been posted. To go to the information and discussion thread and post your impression if you purchased the latest Collectors Edition, click on the picture below.

The countdwon is now 3 weeks, Bay City is close to Detroit.  So Brokies from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Ontario and some crazy fellows who would fly from the Moon to attend it, your attention please.

The movie will be open to the public, but free for forum members from the ennisjack, bettermost, and davecullen forums. Click here for all the details.  If you can't make it, a synchronized viewing of the DVD is scheduled, the details are here.

EGT II - Paris 2007

Are we going to meet next Spring in Europe? If yes it will be in Paris.  There is a new poll for the choice of the dates. Click here to vote and discuss about it.

New Threads

Started by lamusica on January 22

How much of the meaning of BBM is in non-verbal form?...

After all our discussion on this forum, I have begun to wonder just how much of the meanings of the stories and the characters is found in non-verbal form.  How much is said by one riased eyebrow, one lick of the lips, etc.  I think so much comes through body language.  Is this Ang's superb direction?  Is it the innate ability of our boys and girls to act well?  Or is it due to something else?  I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

Link:  Unspoken meanings in BBM

Started by manhattangirl on January 21

Excerpt
When it time to come down from the mountain, and Ennis complained that could short change in pay, Jack, offered him a loan and Ennis shot back, "I don't need your money." turning on his friend and Jack meekly said "ok".  And there the fight that they when it was time to go and Ennis out of anger and frustration punches Jack.

The final confrontation: Ennis walks up to Jack, and threatened if ever found out, what he did when he wasn't with him, could cause him to get kill.  That's when Jack finally spells it out to Ennis what he really feels.  Ennis did have Jack on a "short leash", and Jack tried to cope with it, because he loved Ennis. 

Did Ennis suffer from paranoia, and Jack a passive aggressive?

Link:  Ennis & Jack: Was it an Abusive Relationship, if not why?

Pix with Poems

Posted by Jessi on January 5

Always in my dreams,
Your face clearer than morning,
Eyes seeing just me.

Always in my dreams,
Early cold winter mornings,
Hot muggy nights, you.

Jessi 

Link:  Always in my dreams

Quotes

Posted by Tizi17 on January 25

...i saw the film only in september (06)
after about 1.000 google pages and weeks of crying my eyes out i finally found youtube -and about 2.000 BBM videos - ravenus one of the most gorgious..
tried dave cullen but for my first experience in forums i simply got lost..
and then i finally came HOME.. after my first really shy post everybody here was jumping on me and welcome and come in and nice to have you with us..
i was so overwhelmed that i could not sleep for weeks, got up at 4 to read more posts...

still here - hardly leaving so quickly!
thanks to that wonderful bunch here.. :^^)

Link: How Did You Find/Know this Forum? 

Posted by barsonlyone on January 27

its totally amazing isnt it. how a year later jack and ennis is still with us. how it still hurts us. how were never going to be same people ever again. all i know is that theyll be with me everystep and decision that i make until my last breath, like guardians reminding me to live my life. such a precious and priceless gift

Link:  PBS (post brokeback syndrome)

Meet the Authors

Posted by LuvJackNasty, an interview with B-73 (Heaven Eyes on EnnisJack) Author of: Mason Dixon, Union Pacific, Signal Crossing, Catch the Westbound, Del Mar Painting, Portrait of a Farmer, Rusted Pipe, Lake Geneva, Unseasonable Storm, Some Open Space, Come Again and also Jack: or Confessions of a White Widowed Ranch Hand; not to mention numerous one-shots/drabbles.

No.  I've never written before I saw BBM.  I believe I started writing about it for the same reason many others do, to search for a better ending, to express the devastation and the pain I received from the movie, and, ultimately, to heal myself from the wound the story inflicted upon me.

I received my doctorate in plant biology last spring (right before I saw BBM for the first time on DVD) and now work a plant geneticist at a research university in California.

As I said above, to find a way to channel the painful emotions the story instilled within me.  Also, I did quite deeply fall in love with both Ennis del Mar and Jack Twist, and so really my stories are something like love letter to them.

No.

Sure.  I'd been accused of plagiarism at one point, and that was quite painful to endure, but in the end I can't let it deter me (though when people give me constructive criticism I always take it into consideration, and I do appreciate people taking the time to share their ideas and opinions with me).

Oh, if only Jack didn't have the pornstache!  I know that's so petty, but I can't write post-divorce Jack because of that.  I know, how lame.

BBM Music Book by Hal Leonard

Started by Dirtbiker on October 3 2006

Many of us just were not aware of this... yes another one for the collectors.  ;)

Piano-Vocal-Guitar

Good news all you musically inclined folks.  Hal Leonard just released the BBM Songbook.  You should be able to find it at any music book store locally or online  :clap: :clap:

Click on the picture below to go to the thread.

Calendar for next week

January 29 - Birthdays: shieldmaid (33), Mariah Lynn (16)

February 1 - Birthdays: aileen (29)

February 2 - Groundhog Day, Birthdays: minorTHREAT (16)

February 4 - Birthdays: darth_tater (26), Sunflower79 (28), KatKat (20)

forum achievements

375 000 posts, on ennisjack.com, on January 23

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Lauren, on January 24

100 posts, Lureen

jacks_key, on January 23
Bighearth, on Janueary 24

200 posts, Alma

Edgar, on January 28

Jack, 500 posts

Leanne, on January 22

Special achievements

Tpe, 17 000 posts on January 22, LuvJackNasty, 12 000, on January 22, City Slickin' Cowboy, 13 000 posts on January 26, Twisted, 13 000 posts on January 27.

Congratulations to all!   ^f^

Got News or Ideas?

A la semaine prochaine :)

January 29 - February 4 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2007, 02:05 PM »
February 5 - 11 2007

Hi Ya Brokies,

Like we mentioned last week our membership is increasing and speeding up, the turning point seems to be our move to the new forum.  We would like to know how did you find/know this forum?  We have a thread about this. The quote below was posted last week.

From jessi on January 29

I found it here because someone told me of the beautiful poems and people.  I've mostly been nose deep in the poetry, and looking at the boards.  This forum is pretty special.  It's not so complex and huge as DC, which is a nice place to visit but I can't feel at home there.  It's mostly kind and gentle and reflect the deepness and beauty of BBM. I just need a place to sometimes rest with others that understand. 

jessi

Please let us know how you found ennisjack.com, this is the link:  How Did You Find/Know this Forum?

Have a nice week,  :ghug:

Chameau

Important Message

The forum lately has experienced a lot of CPU error messages. As a result, we are going to schedule a forum maintenance and perform backup.  In order to do it properly, the forum will be "off line" for a short period of time.

Here is the maintenance schedule:

Pacific Time, 8:00pm February 6
Mountain Time: 9:00pm February 6
Central Time:  11:00pm February 6
Eastern Time:  11:00 pm February 6
United Kingdom:  4:00am February 7
Western Europe:  5:00am February 7
Central Europe:  6:00am February 7
Taiwan: 12:00 noon February 7
Australia (Sydney): 3:00pm February 7

If you experience any problem or you want to provide feedback,  please report them here.

Quotes

Two of many moving and interesting quotes from last week, it's more than one year we discuss about it now but still... Old Brokeback got us good.   :)

Posted by Irving on February 1st

The movie hit me on so many different levels and even today I feel so inadequate at trying to express my emotions in words.  My friends ...the few good ones that I have...say that I am a different person now.  They say I seem calmer and more self confident.  I suppose in some ways that is true.  I am definitley more sensitive to people and how they treat not only myself...but each other.  If there is one thing that I learned from BBM..and there are so many things to learn...Is that loving another person, and learning how to let another human being love you is the most important thing that you can do.  That no matter how much regret you might have for things in your past, you can still find love in this world.  The past we cannot change...but the future holds unlimitless possibilities for us if we will open our hearts and minds and just let love come.

Link:  Remembering Your First Time watching BBM

Posted by Barsonlyone on February3

like for many of us, BBM will be with us till our last breath. every decision i make i see ennis and jacks face, a constant reminder that life is too short, and love too strong and beautiful to lose and not experience.  that living your life for the sake of others is not worth it. that having found love is god's gift, and fighting for that love is in itself, a gift to yourself. life is a process. ups and downs. good times and bad. gains and losses. its how you take those losses, bad times, and downs that make you who are and its those good times that you find yourself smiling for no reason that show how precious each moment is. living life with regret is hard, but when you realize that what you have now is even better, move on. after you've live your life, done everything you wanted to do, find out what the reason you find yourself in this world, you can pat yourself in the back, sit down and relax, and say to yourself " i did alright," until then, keep fighting.

wow..whenever i get into those moods certain things just come out of my brain. i love brokeback mountain.

Link:  How long will your fascination of Brokeback last?

BBM Collectors Edition

* Update * Update* Update* Update* Update* Update* Update* Update* Update* Update* Update* Update* Update *

You all know now there are no deleted scenes and not much but post cards in the latest North American Collectors edition.  Some of us choose not to buy it, others bought it but so many Brokies are disapointed...  To say the least!  ::) 

You know what?  There is a petition! 

Carbyville started a petition a little while ago to be sent to Universal Pictures, please join in and sign it here, there are 352 signatures for now.

To go to the discussion and reviews thread about the Collectors Edition, click here.

If you are looking for gems, the best posts ever, we have a special thread where we have been collecting them.   Click here to visit it and see how it works. If you sometimes visit some old posts and one in particular appeals to you, please bring it to the Retrospective Thread.

The countdwon is now 3 weeks, Bay City is close to Detroit.  So Brokies from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Ontario and some crazy fellows who would fly from the Moon to attend it, your attention please. Click on the picture below for a preview.

The movie will be open to the public, but free for forum members from the ennisjack, bettermost, and davecullen forums. Click here for all the details.  If you can't make it, a synchronized viewing of the DVD is scheduled, the details are here.

Paris or not?  When? This thread is under revision, there are more news to come next week. Click here to read what was discussed so far.

New Threads

Started by Sabine on January 31

American Film Institute - 100 best movies of all time

Please visit this thread and give your support to Brokeback Mountain, many Brokies already did. 8)

Excerpts:
AFI to reprise its top-100 films list
Jan 19, 1:23 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - The 100 best movies of all time aren't what they were 10 years ago.

So says the American Film Institute, which first compiled its "100 Years ... 100 Movies" list in 1998. That's why they are doing it again — and plan to repeat the process each decade, AFI president and chief executive Jean Picker Firstenberg said Thursday…

…Forty-four films from the past 10 years are now eligible for consideration, including "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery," "Brokeback Mountain," "Moulin Rouge," "Fight Club" and "Crash"…

…And we have the chance to show our support and love for BBM here...

Link:  American Film Institute - 100 best movies of all time

Started by Jerasjr on January 31

There is a huge cultural chasm between the 60's and the present and I wonder how others view this?  Older members of the forum can appreciate the period as portrayed, while younger members may question why certain things were not done or changed by our boys.  Think that at times this gap does not help in our understanding of the way that things evolved in the film, how do you feel?

Link:  Bridging the Cultural Chasm - the 60's vs. 2007

Pix with Poems

Posted by frenchcda on January 20

Listen

A love that held on…
Upon the deep thy beauty
Beneath the tears of thine sky
Clear as a sunken corpse
Thy cloak of death
Thundering towards the hills
Mine wounded chest apart
As if it could be seen by restless ghosts
Like warriors flaunting sorrows
High upon a craggy knoll
Audaciously whispering thine name
Thy bear in minded well
Haunted with each darkened waves
What thy bleeding heart
Ere the night woe the day
Thine soul away
To rest in yonder ground
Among a bed of roses facing the seasons
Around and round
Less mien stranger’s bed
Thou lovely wanderer
Thy may sleep in thine breast
There keep my weep
Thine remembered
What the wood gathered
Howls like the wolves
Under the blue of moon
A time together
No man can ever plunder

Link:  Listen

Calendar for next week

February 5 - Birthdays: whisker (57) 
February 7 - Birthdays: lauren (20)
February 8 - Birthdays: merry (21), lost699 (17) 
February 9 - Birthdays: donniedarko (33), charles2664 (47) 

forum achievements

300 pages on the Movie Quiz thread on January 31

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Adrian Del Mar, on January 31
Kitkat, on January 31

100 posts, Lureen

Kitkat, on February 1

200 posts, Alma

Edgar, on January 31
jacks_key, on February 4

Ennis, 1000 posts

Del Mar Twist, on January 29

Special achievements

NoReins, 4000 posts on January 29, Carbyville, 4000 posts on January 30, Mars , 20 000 posts, on January 31, Audrey Twist , 4000 posts on January 31, Jerasjr, 9000 posts on February 3.

Congratulations to all!    :clap:

Got News or Ideas?

Arrideverci!   :f)

February 5 - 11 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:47 PM »
February 12- 18 2007

Hello Brokies,

Last week's back up was successfull. We will have to keep this routine once in a while to maintain the integrity and the good shape of the forum. When a maintenance is scheduled, it will be posted in the forum update and news box.

Talking about good shape our membership is still increasing and we receive feedback.  One example, this post from manhattangirl on February 10

There's no judgements here.  It's questions, and thoughts, experiences, opinions.  There kindness, respect and caring.  I feel free to say how I feel, and to have someone respond to me, it's so wonderful. Oh, and I love the film, LOL, let me not forget why I wanted to be a member.   

Thanks to all of you.

If you have any feedback you could post it here.

We are still curious to know how did you find/know ennisjack.com , please post your story here.

Since next Wednesday will be February 14, I would like to wish you all a Happy Valentine.

Born from their love... forever bound by ours.

Have a nice week,  %)

Chameau

The countdwon is now 2 weeks, Bay City is close to Detroit.  So Brokies from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Ontario and some crazy fellows who would fly from the Moon to attend it, your attention please. Click on the picture below for a preview.

June 1-4 2007 is the target.  We announced before it was going to be in Paris but, after a second tought,  there is a new vote for the choice of the city:  Barcelona, Milan or Paris.  Click here to vote and go to the discussion thread.

The dates are August 4 - 7, 2007, the place is SeattleDirtbiker will be the host, many members already posted their interest about this project, click here to go to the thread.

Was Ennis Gay?

There were a lot of discussions lately on this thread, this is the latest post.

Posted by ksxks on February 11

This is a great site, though most of us probably have seen all these various Ang Lee interviews.  But the first one here, I hadn't seen (David Lamble/claudesplace.com) and Ang talks about the characters, whether they are "gay," etc.  He's so wonderful, and I love hearing him talk, especially about this movie and these characters.  Anyway, putting this link here for the subject matter of "Is Ennis Gay?"  He said, the short story was a mystery [on this subject], and so was the script, but in my mind, they're both gay.  And he talks about it some -- Jack pretty clear, Ennis all "twisted."

(OT:  also, about filming "love scenes." FNIT he said was only one take -- fascinating.  SNIT, three shots -- wide, and two close-ups.  Reunion kiss:  two shots, one from each side.  So that's why we see the pix from different angles than in the movie.  I know, not breaking news, but it was interesting to hear this.)

kathy

http://www.ibloid.com/videos/AngLee.htm

Link:  was ennis gay?

Meet the Authors

Posted by LuvJackNasty, an interview with Del Mar Twist Author of Return to Brokeback Mountain

No I'm not, I wish I was, but I'm not.

See above.

I'm a Special Needs Assistant at a Pre-School. 

When I finished the movie, I just thought that their story wasn't over yet. They are so compelling that I watched the movie, more times in the first week then I have any other movie ever, I just wanted more of them. I started seeing little things in the movie, and started to think about all of the what ifs. They wrote themselves.

I'm not currently, but I have in the past. One of my favorite TV shows is Gilmore Girls and I wrote a fic about that show. There are a few TV shows that I think about writing fics for, but nothing that has compelled me to write like Brokeback Mountain.

Honestly, so far everything has been very positive, which makes me want to write even more, and to step it up a notch. But I have written stories, in school, where I was given both negative and constructive criticism. Both have the same effects on me that the positive feedback does, it makes me want to do it more, and do it better.

The story, I guess would be simple, make it longer. It was a great story, but that fact that it was a short story, meant some of the beats had to be skipped, like the morning after that first night, and their lives at home. But the movie added those beats, so that was done.

The only thing I would change with the movie (since I can't keep Jack alive), would be leave out the other men for Jack, so no Mexico, and no Randall. But since they are in the movie, and my fic is set in the continuity of the movie, I do touch on both of them in upcoming chapters.

If I could add something to the movie it would be the deleted scenes to it, and perhaps add a year stamp to certain scenes so we know what year they take place in.

If you are looking for gems, the best posts ever, we have a special thread where we have been collecting them.   Click here to visit it and see how it works. If you sometimes visit some old posts and one in particular appeals to you, please bring it to the Retrospective Thread.

New Threads

Started by KitKat on February 6

I'm curious on opinions about what Ennis's life would have been like if he hadn't met Jack and had a relationship with him.  Would he have stayed with Alma, not knowing what true love was like if Alma hadn't filed for divorce?  Would she have even filed for divorce if he didn't have something on the side?

Link:  what if Ennis never met Jack?

Started by shakestheground on February 7

Some friends and meself have come together with the intent to see
Annie Proulx nominated for a Nobel Prize in Literature for her body of work. If you are interested in this, please feel free to visit your yahoo group site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nominate_annie/

Link:  Nominate Annie Proulx

Pix with Poems

Posted by Jessi on January 31

WRAPPED

It's warmer in Riverton right now than Childress.
After midnight,
Ennis should be asleep.
His long day begins mighty early.
Night's too warm,
Ennis deals better with cold.
Pillow glues sweaty curls to his neck,
hot dampness weighs against his naked chest and lanky limbs.
He wonders if Jack's chest is bare,
if the small of his back is damp...
and Ennis' strong jaw relaxes,
Fine face softens with sleep as his mind
and soul
wrap around Jack.

Childress is cool tonight, light rain off and on,
spittle from some tired hurricane.
Windows opened,
an easy breeze relaxes Jack's long body,
sheets been kicked off,
soft air dries wetness from his face.
Jack doesn't bother to wipe tears away in the dark,
hours after Lureen is asleep.
Doesn't mind them… makes Ennis more real,
closer…
Lifting white cotton, a damp draft feels good on his bare chest
and he pulls the shirt off, chill of night quickly warmed,
and Jack’s strong jaw relaxes,
Fine face softens with sleep as his mind
and soul
are wrapped by Ennis.

jessi

Link:  WRAPPED

Calendar for next week

February 12 - Birthdays: Lent (33), jerasjr (61), helen snail (32) 
February 13 - Birthdays: daminya (24), The Artifact (28) 
February 14 - Valentine's Day, Birthdays: LuvYouJake (19) 
February 17 - Birthdays: Magnificat (31) 

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Summertime, on February 2
HiAltShag, on February 6
Del_Marvelous, on February 7

100 posts, Lureen

MaxHim, on February 5
Kazza, on February 9

200 posts, Alma

Kitkat, on February 5

Jack, 500 posts

BBM Fan, on February 8

Special achievements

Tpe, 18 000 posts on February 7, Asali, 6000 posts on February 11, ksxks, 5000 posts on February 11.

Congratulations to all!   

Got News or Ideas?

See you next week  :cr)

February 12 - 18 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2007, 11:55 AM »
February 19 - 25 2007

Hi Brokies,

This is the last call for the Oscar Night Screening of Brokeback Mountain in Bay City Michigan.  In fact it's a gathering of three BBM forums, Dave Cullen, Bettermost and ennisjack.com.  It's from Friday February 23 until Sunday February 25.  On Sunday night, instead of watching the Oscars  ^o, many Brokies will unite to watch Brokeback Mountain in a theater. 8)

Click on the picture below for a preview.

The movie will be open to the public, but free for forum members. Click here for all the details.  If you can't make it, a synchronized viewing of the DVD is scheduled, the details are here.

So far only myself and Flwrchild, from ennisjack,  confirmed their attendance.  You still have one week to make it.   :P
I would like to thank Bay City John for his dedication in organizing and sponsoring this project, we will post pictures and comments after the event.

Have a nice week and I'm looking forward to meet many of you next week-end.

Chameau

Quotes

Posted by samc on February 15

I don't think it changed my view, but it certainly reminded me that I needed something else from life. Last January I turned 40 (!) and saw BBM.....both were really painful experiences. I didn't start to "recover" until @ June. Looking back, the most difficult element of the film was how the possibility of a great love was wasted (for whatever reason) and how little time Jack & Ennis had together. "Never enough time, never enough" were lines that chilled me to the core.
I've been lucky. Me & my husband have been together 19 years, still in love, still happy, still, in our own way, up on Brokeback that first summer BUT something was missing in how we were living. We seemed to be caught in a rat race, running to keep still, divorced from beautiful, natural surroundings. BBM reminded me, in a raw & difficult way, that one day we will come down off our own, personal Brokeback, one day there will be a goodbye between us & I wanted to have every moment I could with him. We've always nursed a dream to live in the country, so- as scary as it is- in 2 weeks time, we are moving to a really beautiful part of the UK....no mountains(!!!), but sea, space & wide open skies. We have ditched the mortgage, downsized & will both work part time. Will there ever be "enough" time? No, probably not, but last year - and in a big way BBM - made us realise that sometimes you just have to grab life and go with your dreams....reins or no reins!!!
Peace
Sam

Link:  How has BBM changed your view on life?

Posted by Flwrchild on February 15

Excerpts
I actually like to think that under the right circumstances, Jack and Ennis could have made a go of it. They had very difficult jobs on that mountain but both were raised on hard work. They worked well together and respected each other. And I don't think their affection was just based on the fact that they were the two that happened to be on the mountain that year. I think they were genuinely drawn to each other (and Jack's obvious initial attraction for Ennis doesn't lessen the affection he developed for him later)…

…Yes, I believe Jack was gay (and knew it) and that Ennis was too (but was never able to accept it).
And either way, in a better world, they might have had a good life together.

To read the full post click on the link below.

Link:  Jack's Sexuality: A Discussion

Posted by Lachlan on February 16

I'm afraid I'm a bit new to internet discussions, but I'm an old-timer in relationships. I lived in the Cascade Mts (west of the Rockies) in the '60s and had a very similar relationship to that of Jack and Innes. There was no concept of "gay"; guys often fooled around with one another when they were in a tent. No label was applied to them. Later, studying social anthropology in the mountain ranges of eastern Europe, I encountered many similar relationships - especially amoung herdsmen. Most of them married and had kids and retained the deep friendships with whom they'd formed a sexual bond in their youth. Some languages even have a distinct name for a same-sex friend with whom sex and affection are accepted; but they rarely have any term which describes a person as fixed with a lifelong attraction to the same, and not the opposite, sex. It was Jack's second year on Brokeback Mountain. I figured he'd had some sexual experiences with his partner of the previous year (they were always sent up in pairs). When he first sees Ennis, he checks him out for this possibility. When he seduces him in the tent, he simply introduces him to the mechanics and potential of sex. Ennis is overwhelmed by this as he's been deprived of affection and Jack is overcome with the response; he's deperate for acceptance. Their mutual loneliness creates a love which is confirmed by the sexual bonding. That is precisely what happened to me and I know of many other cases. My reading of Annie Proulx and Larry McMurtry suggests that they are familiar with this phenomenon; known worldwide but seriously misunderstood in Anglo-American society. Lachlan

Link:  was ennis gay ?

Posted by rpmnh on February 17

I came to this place the first time because I was completely blown away by BBM and I was trying to figure out if it was just me or if there others having the same experience. I figured that I must not be alone if someone else had bothered to put together a BBM forum such as this, and I was right! I keep returning because of what I have found here - an awesome, diverse community of like minded souls...

Link:  I came to this place because I...

Brokies Will Get Together Again

June 1-4 2007 is the target.  We announced before it was going to be in Paris but, after a second tought,  there is a new vote for the choice of the city:  Barcelona, Milan or Paris.  There is one week left for the voting. Click here to  go to the thread.

The dates are August 4 - 7, 2007, the place is SeattleDirtbiker will be the host, many members already posted their interest about this project, click here to go to the thread.

Pix with Poems posted on Valentine’s Day

By Jessi

My Precious Heart

Oh precious heart,
Light of my life,
You are the stars in heaven,
Guiding my night.
Eyes rich
Deeper
Than sun warmed earth
Embrace my soul,
Give each day
Its worth.
You are my dreams,
Half of my whole,
Light of my life,
Oh precious heart.

Link:  My Precious Heart

By Christie Wood

A Valentine Day ode from Ennis to Jack.

I’ve never told you (A cowboy’s lament)

Have I told you when it happened?
When the darkness let me be
When the door that never opened
Set my heart and spirit free?

Did I tell you when you kissed me
In the shadows of the fire
All my fears turned to ashes
And what remained was scorched desire

Shall I tell you what your kiss did
When it lingered on my skin
How it burnt my mouth, my fingers
And stoked the ache within

Can I tell you when you loved me
And you caressed and stroked my face
When you lay me down beneath you
Sheltered in this precious place

Would it be ok to tell you
These things you need to know
How much I miss and love you
And I will never let you go.

Link:  A Valentine Day ode from Ennis to Jack

Meet the Authors

Posted by LuvJackNasty, an interview with Racchelle Author of Divergent Dreams its sequel, Minnesota Dreams.

No, although I've had some poetry published in local contests. I used to dream of being a professional writer, lost the dream for a while, but now it's coming back.

I'm a child advocate in the court system. If children are involved in child protection cases (usually involving abuse and neglect) the court appoints someone like me to advocate for their best interests. I also do custody evaluations.

The short answer is, I saw something of myself and other loved ones in Jack and Ennis. I couldn't get past it--couldn't bear it that they lived so many years in such isolation and loneliness. I found myself thinking about how things could have been different and finally decided I needed to write it down.

No, but I do read fan fiction about other characters.

My initial response was no--criticism and comments are extremely helpful and I learn so much from them. However, when I thought a little more about the question, I have to honestly add that I think it's been a learning process for me to get to that point. There was quite a lot of controversy at times while I was writing Divergent Dreams and, because this was my first experience with writing fan fiction and putting it out there for the whole world to read, I don't know that I always handled it well, although I tried. The response to my story, both good and bad, was overwhelming at times. I've been so amazed that my words could incite such passionate responses and I've been moved to tears more than once by feedback (good tears!).

I wouldn't have complained to see more intimacy/affection between Jack and Ennis.

Calendar for next week

February 19 - Birthdays: Sanne (21), prairways (33)
February 20 - Birthdays: yann (7) 
February 22 - Birthdays: filazahies (40), bram (23), thelastaerie  23
February 23 - Bay City Gathering-day one-
February 24 - Birthdays: jeffjoe (26) , Bay City Gathering-day two-
February 25 - Birthdays: welshwitch (64), Bay City Gathering-day three-

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Brokeback Love, on February 13
Barsonlyone, on February 15

100 posts, Lureen

Roco, on February 15

200 posts, Alma

Bigheart, on February 18

Jack, 500 posts

lamusica, on February 12
KitKat, on February 16

Ennis, 1000 posts

boo_boo, on February 13

Jack + Ennis, 2000 posts

Tizi17, on February 14

Special achievements

Mars, 21 000 posts on February 13, Tom, 6000 posts on February 14, LuvJackNasty, 13 000 posts on February 14, Flwrchild, 9000 posts on February 18.

Congratulations to all!    :ghug:

Got News or Ideas?

Happy Chinese New year

I'm a pig by the way  :-X

The next Newsletter will be edited from Detroit, Michigan  :c)

February 19 - 25 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2007, 04:07 PM »
February 26 - March 4 2007

Live from Detroit
(Flwrchild's kitchen actually) 

(It doesn't look like a kitchen, huh?  ???)

Hi Brokies,

The February 25 screening of Brokeback Mountain was a blast, to say the least.  We didn't miss the Academy Awards for sure . ^-^

To see the pictures and the comments about this event click here.

We still are curious to know how you found ennisjack.com, please post your story here.

Have a nice week!

Chameau & Flwrchild

BBM Nominated for Best Foreign Film in France

Brokeback Mountain was nominated best foreign movie of 2006 at the Cesars, the French "Oscars".  And the winner is... Little Miss Sunshine.

No comments!  ::)

Brokeback Mountain... Best Kiss Ever!

Posted by Malawix on February 19

Excerpts
Source: www.dailyrecord.co.uk / www.lovefilm.com
14 February 2007

GAY KISS TOPS POLL OF MOVIE SNOGS

Film fans have voted a gay kiss between two cowboys the best screen snog of all time.

The clinch between hunky actors Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in Brokeback Mountain topped an online poll ahead of romantic classics such as Gone With The Wind and From Here To Eternity.

Click on the link bellow for the top ten of best kisses in Cinema history.

Link:  CELLULOID (All About Movies)

Nominate Annie Proulx

Posted by Lynne on February 21

Excerpt
Friends,

During the last few weeks, we have put together a terrific group of people interested in this project from the different major Internet groups - BetterMost, Dave Cullen, EnnisJack, and Yahoo.  We now have an impressive cross-section of folks coming together for the worthy cause of lobbying for Annie Proulx to win a Nobel Prize - the only major literary prize she has not yet been awarded.

Clik here to read the full story.

Quotes

Posted by jakebo on February 21

PBS is very real because it is effecting everyone all over the world it seems.  I have now seen the movie 28 times in the past year and can't get enough of Jack and Ennis.  There are websites of fiction written about them in continuing stories that I read constantly.  I'm an old man now and lonely.  This movie and story have touched my heart to its very core.  The film is a masterpiece that will become a classic.  It should be a teaching device on the subject of homosexuality because it opens shut eyes and promotes understanding and a deep sense of love from all who watch it.  I feel privileged to have seen this in my lifetime.

Posted by distant_BBM_lover on February 21

No one is gonna love you like me....
who can tell better than me. this forum is my life saver. gave me a new hope for life. i breath here, i cry here, i laugh here. the one & only place where im actually expressing my emmotions and thoughts in this whole wide nasty world. hoping to find true love. but i think its hard to get.
im new here surfing different sections of this beautiful forum. touched by the beautiful and sentimental stories by other people. giving hope to each other and helping cure injured hearts.

Pix with Poems

Posted by Roco on February 20

A LOVE THAT WILL NEVER DIE

When you cry, I see your tears.
I know the pain you feel.
Though you don't see, or even hear me,
my presence here is real!

I know you love me, I've always known.
It's written in your eyes.
My love for you, it is the same,
a love that never dies!

In my last moments, I thought of you.
I whispered "Ennis", with my last breath.
They tried to rob us of our love,
but love is stronger than death!

To your side my soul then flew,
and never more will stray.
I'll be with you my dearest friend,
until your dying day.

And when you breathe your very last breath,
I'll take you by the hand.
We'll walk together, arm in arm,
into the promised land.

Link:  A LOVE THAT WILL NEVER DIE

Meet the Authors

Posted by LuvJackNasty an interview with One_of_One
Author of Going Home, This is the Modern Way, Some Sweet Life, Ghosts - Canon,  Closure - Canon, Scenes - Canon, Alphabet Drabbles as well as many more drabbles

No, I am not a professional writer, but I would like to be.  I've written numerous short stories in the past; I reread them recently and they would never have been published anyway!  My writing has improved immeasurably over the time I have been writing in the BBM-world.

In the real world?  Um, good question!  I don't go there very often...

My very first Jack and Ennis story was a two-parter called "Closure"; part one was a conversation between Ennis and Junior several years after Jack's death; part two was about the time following Ennis's death.  As the title suggests, I wanted some kind of closure to the film, something that, even though I might not believe actually happened, I could at least think about and think HAPPY thoughts instead of sobbing for the rest of my days.  And, well, one thing led to another after that!

Within BBM I wrote a story about Earl and Rich called "Dust".  Outwith BBM, no I'm not writing anything else.  I did have an idea for some other fanfiction but time constraints and a desire to go back to original fiction prevent that.

No, I've never had a problem with any comment to my work.  I am so very open to criticism because I believe when people start pointing out what they feel is wrong with a piece of writing it is just as helpful as those who commend what they feel is right.  Praise and critique balance each other I think and I am happy to hear what anyone has to say.

If I could change one thing?  I think it would be to keep the scenes as they are but in the latter ones between Jack and Ennis to show them as they were...lovers.  As it is, it almost feels like after the reunion they were friends who went camping every now and again!  I don't necessarily believe more sex scenes were necessary to show that either, but hugs and looks and touches wouldn't have gone amiss.

Brokies Will Get Together Again

June 1 - 4 in Paris, France.Click here to go to the discussion thread.

There is a new thread for attendance.  If you're going to be in Paris, post your name and dates here.

Calendar for next week

February   26 - Birthdays: Fred (27), fcb (29)
February 27 - Birthdays: carriebeth (25), roy_taylor (50)
March 1 - Birthdays: cwhonse (56), heathfan (23), matron (18)
March 2 - Birthdays: Padmé Briseis (26)
March 3 - Birthdays: sergeyvzn (40), hit_or_miss (27)

Forum Achievements

400 000 posts on ennisjack.com on February 21

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

ten-chi-ka-sui, on February 21
kari100, on February 22
Thelastaerie, on February 23

100 posts, Lureen

Titabeille, on February 24

Ennis, 1000 posts

Philchel,on February 24

Special achievements

Chameau, 17 000 posts on February 21,  Hpv, 4000 posts on February 21, Audrey Twist, 5000 posts on February 22

Congratulations to all!    :clap:

Got News or Ideas?

See you next week :f)

February 26 - March 4 2007, editors: Chameau & Flwrchild. Please PM us if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2007, 09:26 PM »
March 5 - 11 2007

Back to Montreal

??? ::)

Hi Brokies,

Yup, back to Montreal... where 35cm (13 inches) of snow were waiting to welcome me from lovely Bay City MI and sunny Florida.  :P

Back to business too, there was a mistake on last week's Newsletter, the link to the Bay City gathering was not working... duh!  %&) My appologies for the inconvenience, click the picture below to see pictures and comments about this event.  The archived copy of last week's Newsletter was corrected accordingly.

A forum back-up is planned on March 8, you will find below the schedule according to your local time.

Have a nice week,  ^f^

Chameau

The forum is going to have maintenance and perform backup.  In order to do it properly, the forum will be "off line" for a short period of time.

Here is the maintenance schedule:

Pacific Time, 8:00pm March 8
Mountain Time: 9:00pm March 8
Central Time:  10:00pm March 8
Eastern Time:  11:00 pm March 8
United Kingdom:  4:00am March 9
Western Europe:  5:00am March 9
Central Europe:  6:00am March 9
Taiwan: 12:00 noon March 9
Australia (Sydney): 3:00pm March 9

If you experience any problem or you want to provide feedback,  please report them here.

Brokies Get Together

Denver, CO

The time is Memorial Day week-end, May 26, 27 & 28 2007.  The place is Denver Colorado, 2 other forums, bettermost and davecullen, are having a B.B.Q. in Denver during this week-end. Click here to go to the thread.

Paris, France

We will post the hotel's name and location shortly but you could already figure an average of +- 60 Euros per night for a shared room.

June 1 - 4 in Paris, FranceClick here to go to the main discussion thread.

There is a thread for attendance.  If you're going to be in Paris, please post your name and dates here.

For informations about traveling to Paris or traveling in Paris click on the picture below.

Seattle, WA

BBM as a stage play

A review posted by Jack F. Twist on March 1st

Excerpts
Brokeback Moutain stage production. The Netherlands. 23rd feb. 2007. Willem Schouten (Jack) & Sieger Sloot (Ennis)...

...Every key line was included. Of course there was nothing novel from the film screenplay. The sex was more described than acted, but no one was left in any doubt as to what was going on. The fact that Ennis and Jack had a long term intimate relationship was if anything more clear than in the film...

...I am now left with three versions of BBM in my head: the story, the hollywood film, and the stage play. All co-exist quite happily in parallel universes....

Click here to read the full review.

New thread

Its All About the Women

Started by manhattangirl on February 27

Excerpt:
In exploring this story I couldn't help but wonder about the women.  These very different woman with very different lives,  loved  these men in one form or another at various point in these men lives.  Jack and Ennis were not unlovable, and that's the  point, they were loved by these very different women in different way. And these men needed these women, in one form or another.  The idea of marriage and family is very important, considering the place and time this story is told.   But when expectation runs up against reality how painful the experience could be, and there was a lot of pain to go around in  this story.   Jack and Ennis twenty year love story, drew in these woman knowingly or unknowingly in to their conflict,  their back and forth struggle, they undying need for each other.  How consuming physical and mentally that must of been and what was left for the women themselves?

To read the full post and the discussion about it click here

Pix with Poems

Posted by Tom on February 25

I Step Down To The Brook

I step down to the brook, I look and feel I’ve took
A step through time
Back to a past, so quick so fast, it didn’t last
You were never really mine
Way back then, two young men, who wondered when
They’d be found out
A one shot thing, hearts sing, would this bring
The whole world down?
Through many years, of tears and constant fears
But always drawn
Back to your arms, your charms and  free from harm
If I’d only known
Now I miss us so, You had to go and you didn’t know
God I loved you so!
So I stand at the brook, where you took with just one look
My heart .....my soul..........my love..

By Tom  25/02/2007

Link:  I Step Down To The Brook

Meet the Authors

Posted by LuvJackNasty an interview with One_of_One
Author of Going Home, This is the Modern Way, Some Sweet Life, Ghosts - Canon,  Closure - Canon, Scenes - Canon, Alphabet Drabbles as well as many more drabbles

No, I am not a professional writer, but I would like to be.  I've written numerous short stories in the past; I reread them recently and they would never have been published anyway!  My writing has improved immeasurably over the time I have been writing in the BBM-world.

In the real world?  Um, good question!  I don't go there very often...

My very first Jack and Ennis story was a two-parter called "Closure"; part one was a conversation between Ennis and Junior several years after Jack's death; part two was about the time following Ennis's death.  As the title suggests, I wanted some kind of closure to the film, something that, even though I might not believe actually happened, I could at least think about and think HAPPY thoughts instead of sobbing for the rest of my days.  And, well, one thing led to another after that!

Within BBM I wrote a story about Earl and Rich called "Dust".  Outwith BBM, no I'm not writing anything else.  I did have an idea for some other fanfiction but time constraints and a desire to go back to original fiction prevent that.

No, I've never had a problem with any comment to my work.  I am so very open to criticism because I believe when people start pointing out what they feel is wrong with a piece of writing it is just as helpful as those who commend what they feel is right.  Praise and critique balance each other I think and I am happy to hear what anyone has to say.

If I could change one thing?  I think it would be to keep the scenes as they are but in the latter ones between Jack and Ennis to show them as they were...lovers.  As it is, it almost feels like after the reunion they were friends who went camping every now and again!  I don't necessarily believe more sex scenes were necessary to show that either, but hugs and looks and touches wouldn't have gone amiss.

Quotes

Posted by Tizi17 on February 26

there you're right titabeille..

you quoted my first post here.. OMG... %)

yes, this is how i felt - and sometimes it really worried me, because i was so lost in my feelings and in my hurt and in my longing for this story, this film.

BBM is always with me, it has not left me since. i still have days where i hardly can think of other things than this wonderful and sad love, given and found as a gift, and lost in sadness.
but i have found my love here at ennisjack; i am in love with this place, i am in love with the people here.
my PBS is still alive, very much. it has changed, though, from a really bad hurting ache to a warm and always glowing feeling.
for myself i wish this experience i am having might continue still - i know, everybody has to move on one day. but BBM and ennisjack made me feel so much - and i will try to stick to it as long as i can ride it - ain't no reins on this one for me i guess...

tizi

Posted by Titabeille on February 27

I have found this forum while watching on "youtube" some videos about BBM.  I posted a comment and received a reply from Froggy.  I saw near her name she is "Ennisjack.com member" and so became also member.
A tribute to Ennisjack.com

A place where everyone has a place.
A place where you can share a lot with other people.
A place where it doesn't matter what color, age or sexual identity you carry.
A place where your pains, joys or enthusiasms are listened.
A place where it's always someone who help you when you are lost.
A place where you can see a lot of pictures and creatives things.
A place you can visit as often as you whish because it's always someone on line.
Long live to Ennisjack.com, to BBM and to you.
As long as you will be here, we will be together. :ghug:

Link:  How Did You Find/Know this Forum?

Calendar for next week

March 6 - Birthdays: LukeGP (51), waltercrowell (52)
March 7 - Birthdays: ande_nem (17)
March 9 - Birthdays: carbyville (23)
March 10 -Birthdays: AeRoMoZa (25) 
March 11 - Birthdays: Xanster (20), coguaro (35), PetterG (43)

Forum Achievements

500 pages on the French Channel on February 27, 70 000 posts on the Silver Wolves thread on March 2.

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Holden Worther, on March 1st

100 posts, Lureen

MaineWriter, on February 27
Manhattangirl, on February 27

200 posts, Alma

Titabeille, on March 1st

Jack, 500 posts

Jack_key, on March 3

Ennis, 1000 posts

KitKat, on February 28

Jack + Ennis, 2000 posts

Dodolea, on March 2

Special achievements

City Slickin' Cowboy, 14 000 posts, on February 27, Carbyville, 5000 posts, on February 28 , Tpe, 19 000 posts, on February 28, Mars, 22 000 posts, on March 1st, Greenfrog, 14 000 posts, on March 1st

Congratulations to all!   (:)

Got News or Ideas?

A la semaine prochaine!  :c)

March 5 - 11 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2007, 12:00 PM »
March 12 - 18 2007

Hello Brokies,

Next Saturday will be St-Patrick's Day!  :)

I coud recall last year on ennisjack.com,  St-Patrick's Day... we were all posting in green. Why not posting in green again... apparently we're all a bit Irish, huh?

Let's post in green next Saturday for St-Patrick's day!   :cr)

Happy St-Patrick's day! 

Chameau

Brokies Get Together

Denver, CO

The time is Memorial Day week-end, May 26, 27 & 28 2007.  The place is Denver Colorado, 2 other forums, bettermost and davecullen, are having a B.B.Q. in Denver during this week-end. Click here to go to the thread.

Paris, France

We will post the hotel's name and location shortly but you could already figure an average of +- 60 Euros per night for a shared room.

June 1 - 4 in Paris, FranceClick here to go to the main discussion thread.

There is a thread for attendance.  If you're going to be in Paris, please post your name and dates here.

For informations about traveling to Paris or traveling in Paris click on the picture below.

Seattle, WA

New Thread

Started by aintfoolin on March 10

Let's face it. Ennis was not a patient man. He physically fought alot in this movie  with everyone ,.as well as he did emotionally with himself.  This is no kids' game.  Alma, Jack, the bikers, the trucker etc...  all suffered the wrath of Ennis's fists.  In some cases without warning. Why was he so angry ? and at whom?   I have yet to understand the punch to sweet Jack.  The SS alludes to his being hit by his brother and him vowing to end this pattern of gettin beat up.( By kickin butt now , ask questions later.   Any takers?

Link:  Let's get physical: Ennis's fights

Meet the Authors

This week interview is with Valandil Eluch
Author of The Lie Behind the Postcard

No, I am not a professional writer, though my friends and coworkers always encourage me to be one. They say that I’m too crazy and I have my mind full of stuff and I write all type of interesting things that I could probably publish them and be rich. I write stories since I can remember and I have been into lot of writing contest in which I won some of them.

If no, what’s your job in the ''real'' world?   

OMG Real world noooooooo! LOL well I’m a Graphic Designer student on his last year that work as an IT and is doing a lot of development to be a Project Annalist and help to reduce cost to the company I work for.

Well, I was on college with my best friend Yitzhak and we were talking about the movie when his fiancé (now his wife) came and started saying that she read a Fan fic about Brokeback (Human Interest) and told me that since I was good writing I should write about them. So well I look on the site it was posted read like a dozen of the stories and decided to write a story totally different from the ones there. So I did a lot of research about the Post Services, places, time lines, etc. and then Voila! The Lie behind the Postcard was born! 

Well, I’m writing a Fan Fic about Sailor Moon (that I have been writing since three years ago) and I’m actually on a writer block there! I’m going to write a fic about NBC Heroes, but that would be after I have finished three fics about Brokeback Mountain which are Promises of the Wind which would be about them but in 2006, and I Shall call you My King which is a Medieval-Modern story about them and the other is a surprise for the readers of the Lie Behind the Postcard.

Not at all I’m very open to comments from the readers, I love their comments and their advises. The only thing I could think of was that I had some issues with the grammar, but that was fixed when I started using a Beta Editor who really helped me with the story. I would never get any for a comment since I consider that feedback is always good and that helps us to improve as persons.

Well…..let me think I should say that when Jack was rejected after the divorce I would have loved to have seen a welcoming Ennis, instead of a scared Ennis. And well Ennis visit to Jack’s folks house I think that I would have love to see Jack’s dad giving his son’s Ashes to Ennis to spread them in Brokeback. More camping scenes more of them as a couple I don’t know.

Pix with Poems

This week sample is made of three very short but beautiful poems.  We post in the weekly newsletter poems only from members but you could read poetry from known authors and poets and also lyrics are posted in the Pix with Poems thread.  Kudos to our poets in residence.

Posted by jessi on March 6

Climb into my soul and rest.
Our hearts already beat as one.
I’ll never belong to nobody but you,
Not even myself...

The link is here.

Posted by roco on March 6

Even in anger,
my love burns for you!

Only death,
will quench the flame.

The link is here.

Posted by jessi on March 9

I woke in a tent
high on a summer's mountain.
You were the mornin.

The link is here.

We just can't stop talking about Brokeback Mountain

Posted by manhattangirl on March 7

In the short story Ennis recognized one thing a long while after they split up in the summer of '63 which caused his breakdown:

"Took me about a year a figure out it was that I shouldn't a let you out a my sights. Too late then by a long, long while."

This was said by Ennis in the motel scene in the short story.  If he didn't understand what he was feeling, his marriage to Alma was inevitable, it was the next logical step in his mind.   We have to understand that he was not exactly an introspective guy.  What really burns me is his battle with Jack after that.   Jack's "Short leash" charge to Ennis was the most truest statement ever said.  He couldn't let Jack go, but he wanted to keep his image as a "married man".   What really could he have done? 

Link:  Why did Ennis marry Alma? Was It Love or the next Logical Step

Posted by welshwitch on March 8

You can, if you want to, read both women as entrapping men, Alma by offering Ennis the prospect of a settled home and family when his own has disappeared or deserted him, Lureen by offering Jack the prospect of sex and money.This is the literary picture of woman the temptress - it goes back to Eve. You can also look at them from the opposite point of view, as woman the virgin, at least in Alma's case, the sacred mother; Lureen, whether virginal or not, also becomes a mother, and both become victims of men who betray them.

But neither is as simple as any literary paradigm suggests; you can argue that Alma ties Ennis down, lumbers him with children and childcare, nags him to give up doing what he likes and do something better paid but less suited to him, while Lureen, having secired the heir for the family business, sidelines Jack and goes hell-for-leather in pursuit of money. You can also see both women as either complicit because they know what's going on between Ennis and Jack but do nothing about it, or as too indiffernt to see the reality in front of them.

All of these are to some degree true but none is complete in itslef.

Link:  Its All About the Women

Posted by welshwitch on March 8

It's true too that onlookers often see people falling in love when the two involved aren't yet aware of it. We see Jack falling in love though I don't know whan he realises himself that's what it is; Ennis however much he may sense the truth never admits it to himself till Jack is dead. But long before they leave the mountain they have found each other.

Link:  When did they start to fall in love?

Calendar for next week

March 12 - Birthdays: jb (42) 
March 13 - Birthdays: BBBOY (60), lerene (33) 
March 14 - Birthdays: Cole (36) 
March 15 - Birthdays: Brokeback_1 (52), ennis_lover (24), ms.bluesky (15)
March 16 - Birthdays: Hanna (25)
March 17 - St. Patrick's Day Birthdays: BrokenHearted (41) 
March 18 - Birthdays: BADBRAD (44), mrl (56), BBm_lover (17) 

Forum Achievements

600 pages in the Italian Channel on March 5.

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Philip Smith, on March 9

100 posts, Lureen

Jessi, on March 9
Beatrice, on March 10

Jack + Ennis, 2000 posts

Magdalena, on March 11

Special achievements

Welshwitch, 5000 posts on March 6, LuvJackNasty, 14 000 posts on March 8, Twisted, 14 000 posts on March 9, Love_bbm, 4000 posts on March 10

Congratulations to all!   

Got News or Ideas?

Ciao amicci!  :cr)

March 12 - 18 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2007, 10:36 PM »
March 19 - 25 2007

Spring is coming!

8)

Spring?

???

>:(

This is how looks the street in front of my flat today...  I heard New-Yorkers got the same treatment too last week.

***sigh***

Back to the scheduled programme...

Hello Brokies,

:h)

Tuesday will be the Spring Equinox so Spring it will be... at least somewhere.  Two gatherings are coming quite fast, the Spring 2007 Gathering in America, on the Memorial Day weekend in Denver CO and, the Spring 2007 European Get Together from June 1st to June 4th in Paris, France.  The details and links are below, it's time for decisions and reservations Brokies!  I personally can't make Denver but I'm looking forward to meet a lot of you in Paris. 

One last thing, many thanks to LuvJackNasty for her contributions to the Newsletter. ^f^

Have a nice week!

Chameau

Happy Anniversary to the Silver Wolves

At the beginning the Silver Wolves were our senior members but they opened their camp and hearts to every member on ennisjack.com.  Happy first anniversary Wolves and there are not enough words to thank you for your support of the forum.

This is the 10, 000th post made by Jerasjr aka Papa Wolf on March 14 which was the Silver Wolves first anniversay day too.  By the way, Jerasjr started the Silver Wolves thread in case you were not aware. 

Post #10,000 is dedicated to the best group of people a person could ever hope to know.     

What does one say to this group of funny, intelligent, caring people?
      A year ago, in the early evening hours, conception took place, and in the past year, the results of that conception have improbably grown into this matchless group. A small idea has grown through each of you…and each of you has been woven into this thread, and each  person adds to its strength, and each person grows through that strength.
      Just as each of us is unique, so is our thread unique: we are not bound together by age, race or sex; rather we are linked together because we have seen beyond age, gender, race, nationality, religion, and sexuality. That is astounding and a testament to you, and I am pleased and proud to consider each of you my friend.
      Will have to borrow from ww  who posted this early last year:
 what an ispiration this  - thread? no, not a thread, more a steel cable in strength - was.

A wolf who stands alone has great wisdom;
                                    A wolf who stands with his pack
                                 has found the true treasures in life.

Link:  Papa Wolf

This was posted afterwards by LuvJacknasty on the same day in the Silver Wolves thread.

Spirit of the Wolf

Wolf is my Companion
Wolf is my Brother 
we walk together on our journey
Wolf is my guide
he shows me the path I must walk
he protects me from harm
wolf is my guardian
wolf is my teacher
he shares the wisdom of the ages
wolf is my comfort and warmth
I find shelter in his shadow
wolf is my spirit he has touched my soul

Link:  Silver Wolves

Brokies Get Together

Denver, CO

The time is Memorial Day week-end, May 26, 27 & 28 2007.  The place is Denver Colorado, 2 other forums, bettermost and davecullen, are having a B.B.Q. in Denver with ennisjack during this week-end. Click here to go to the thread.

Paris, France

June 1 - 4 in Paris, France.  It looks like we found a hotel but we are open for suggestions, so far the average price is 50 Euros per person/day for a shared room. Click here to go to the main discussion thread and the details..

Seattle, WA

The dates are August 4 - 7, 2007, the place is Seattle WADirtbiker will be the host, many members already posted their interest about this project, click here to go to the thread.

If you have questions about a future gathering please Email Chameauchameau@ennisjack.com  

Oh Baby's Birthday

April 4th will be Heath Ledger's birthday...

...if you want to send a little word, this is the address:

Heath Ledger
    c/o Creative Artist's Agency
    9830 Wilshire Blvd.
    Beverly Hills CA 90212
    USA

Meet the Authors

Fan Fictions are stories of the characters of Ennis and Jack from many authors others than Annie Proulx.  ;)

This is an interview posted by LuvJacknasty with haunted-by-bbm, author of Missing Motel Moments/Pine Creek/Warmest Week of the Year.  The discussion thread is here.

Yes, I am.   

"It takes courage to grow up and be who we really are." ~~~  e.e. cummings ______________________________________________________________
I am a full time writer/poet. I’m a member of The Poetry Society of America, The Society of American Poets and The Christian Writers Guild. _____________________________________________________________ I've had more than one hundred and twenty-five poems published in almost fifty different magazines, journals, and quarterlies. ______________________________________________________________My work has appeared in: North American Review (Oldest literary journal in the United States - Est. 1815), Writer’s Digest, Writers’ Journal, 3 Cup Morning (Canada), The Bread of Life (Canada), California State Poetry Society, Endicott Review, Evangel, Feelings of the Heart, Fredericksburg Newsletter, The Funny Paper, Giving God the Praise, Haiku Headlines, Haiku Hippodrome, The Iconoclast, Lucidity Poetry Journal, Lummox Journal, Miller's Pond, Mother Earth International, Northwoods Journal, The Oak, Offerings, ONTHEBUS, Orbis: International Literary Journal (England), Pegasus, The Penwood Review, PKA's Advocate, Poem, Poesy, The Poet’s Pen, Poetry Depth Quarterly, Poetry U.S.A., Quantum Leap (Scotland), Ruah – Power of Poetry, Shadow Poetry, Shemom, The Shepherd, Silver Wings, Small Brushes, Sofa Ink Quarterly, St. Joseph Messenger, Superior Christian News, To God Be The Glory, and WestWard Quarterly. ______________________________________________________________
Recent Recognition: Finalist in the Annual "James Hearst Poetry Prize" sponsored by the North American Review. My poem, "When the Time Comes, I Wish to Die in June," will be published in the March/April 2007 issue of NAR, along with the other finalists, in honor of National Poetry Month. *******************************************************Honorable Mention in the Writer’s Digest 75th Annual Writing Competition for: “God’s Band-Aids.” – Nov. 2006. *******************************************************Featured poet in the April 2006 issue of Writer’s Digest – National Poetry Month - Poetry Clinic. *******************************************************Honorable Mention in the Writer’s Digest 74th Annual Writing Competition for: “While Listening to ‘The Best Cigarette’ by Billy Collins.”– Nov. 2005. *******************************************************

In truth, I often still refer to myself as a homemaker…a homemaker who just happens to write…a lot.   lol   

Several years ago I was able to quit my job at a local University to stay home full-time to write.  I love being home so much that it just feels natural to refer to myself as a homemaker.  I view the homemaker tasks that keep life balanced and peaceful as “Real” in the “Real World” as any job I’ve ever had.   

Like so many, I was moved beyond recognition by this movie from my very first viewing of the film.  I have since watched it so many times, I truly have lost count and couldn’t even hazard an accurate guess as to how many times I have sat alone to watch it yet again and cry. 

But interestingly, I thought I was an anomaly for many, many months.  I didn’t realize just how many others were affected just as deeply until I stumbled upon the Dave Cullen website one evening in October 2006.  I started reading a few posts and was instantly hooked.  Suddenly, I realized I wasn’t alone in how these characters haunt me. 

The first three stories I read were “A Love Born from Steel” by MaineWriter, “Human Interest” by MadLori, and “Shades of Gray” by Midwest Girl.  I was hooked.  I was a goner.  And I suddenly realized there was a place for all the dialogue I had running around in my head, so I started writing my own story around the first of December. 

Truthfully, I thought I would just write one story, feel much better, and smile as the voices moved on.  But after I finished “Missing Motel Moments,” Ennis & Jack told me they weren’t done yet; they weren’t quite ready to let me off the hook that fast.  I wrote a second story, “Pine Creek,” and am now in the process of writing a third, “Warmest Week of the Year.”  I’ve come to realize these boys have a lot more to say, and I’m more than happy to write it down for them.  All of my stories are ‘canon’ add-ins.  So, I don’t change the original storyline, I just fill it in and flesh it out a bit.   

In short, I’m writing to feel better.  The movie left me emotionally desolate for damn near a year.  So, my stories take place in the early years of Ennis & Jack’s gatherings, with a great deal of joy and humor throughout, and very little angst. 

It has been a wonderful healing process.   

Are you writing Fan Fictions about other characters other than the ones from BBM?

My Fan Fiction writing is entirely limited to BBM.  In fact, I didn’t even realize just how enormous and far-reaching the genre is until I discovered these stories quite by accident last fall. 

And as much as I love to write in general, I doubt I will ever be inspired to write any other Fan Fiction.  BBM is unique in my estimation, for my own writing ability.  No other story has ever touched me the way this one has.  I can write these characters with so much love because they are truly under my skin.  I can’t imagine ever having the same experience with any other characters.   

No, not at all…for two reasons.   :) 

Number one, I am a writer…all day, every day.  I have received more than 750 rejection letters in my writing career, and I’ve kept every one of them.   I’m thinking I may make a collage with them in my library once I hit 1,000.   lol  In essence, I’m thick-skinned.  One has to be in order to survive the amount of rejection that comes with this particular territory.  I take what I can benefit from, with any and all feedback, and then move on to the next chapter, or the next poem, or the next drabble…whatever I happen to be working on at the moment.

And then the second reason is actually pretty darn cool.  By and large, all the comments I’ve received from readers have been incredibly kind, generous, and supportive.  I’ve been a little bit overwhelmed, in fact, by just how much people seem to be enjoying my stories.  The positive response has been so much more than I ever expected.  It gives me more pleasure than I can say, knowing that my little “add-ins” have helped others to feel better too, just as they’ve helped me. 

It has been a tremendously gratifying and rewarding experience. 

If you could change one thing about the story/movie what would that be? (excluding keeping Jack alive... I think we all would change that if we could!)

This is an easy one for me.   :) 
It’s part of what drove my inspiration for my first story.     

If I could change one thing, I would have ‘movie-Ennis’ open up and talk to Jack the same way that ‘story-Ennis’ did during the motel scene.  We see the equivalent of two entirely different men in these scenes.  In the short story, Ennis had no trouble at all telling Jack…

“…aint nothing like this.  I never had no thoughts a doin it with another guy except I sure wrang it out a hunderd times thinking about you.   

And this one…

“Took me about a year a figure out it was that I shouldn’t a let you out a my sights.”   

I find it heartbreaking that we don’t get to hear this dialogue or see this side of Ennis in the movie.  I truly believe, if we could have seen Ennis open up this way, at least once, the inevitable tragic ending would have been a little easier to bear. 

For there are many who question whether or not Jack really knew how deeply Ennis cared.  Reading the story, I’d have to say absolutely, Jack knew.  Watching the movie, viewers are left with an emptiness worse than death…an emptiness that only exists when one feels that there was a missed opportunity to share what was really in one’s heart.   

Of course, the director must have had his reasons.  Perhaps, the very power the movie has over all of us wouldn’t be there if the director had had Ennis open up more in that all-important scene. 

I suppose I wouldn’t want to change the power or the emotional-awakening this movie has inspired in so many people, worldwide.  This story had to be a tragedy, in order to touch humanity in the way that it has.  So many people will never be the same, because of this beautiful film, and that in itself is a pretty strong argument that the director knew what he was doing. 

But, that being said, I would still change that one tiny little part, if only I could.    :)  Thank you.  :) 

cag 

More from the Authors

Latest news from our fan fiction reporter, LuvJackNasty

"Queen B (Beatrice author of Tainted Evidence) has graciously supplied us with a primer for her story. In the third Primer she gave a beautiful shout out to EnnisJack. Smilesalot posted it in the TE thread on March 15.
Thanks B for your words and Smilesalot for posting them here  <^("

I am always fascinated by what people will latch onto, what dialogue will catch a reader's attention, what lines will speak louder than all the others. Sometimes a line that I thought was just a throw-away will capture a reader hard and not let go. Take "Lead me to the dark side." from chapter Six. I only put that in there to match Jack's about Jedi training, thinking it not really important, but it spawned an entire thread over on ennisjack.com where The Dark Side Denizens have created a whole TE speak language filled with such craziness and love. (If you've never visited ennisjack.com, I suggest you do so now. Well, after you finish reading this part, that is. It is a wonderful forum filled with caring and warm people all sharing their love for our favorite cowboys and Brokeback Mountain. You wish to discuss the movie, the actors, the fics, things not even related to the movie, that's the place to go. No egos, no nasty, no politics just great people sharing a connection - "Born from their love...forever bound by ours.") You should see what they come up each week for their profiles, taking favorite lines for signatures, or pictures and captions. Amazing! And so !@#$ hilarious!

Thanks, DSDers! I'm forever indebted for all your enthusiasm and support lavished on TE. Would never have made it through the storm without you.

Link:  Tainted Evidence

Pix with Poems

Posted by frenchcda on march 13

Darkness
Beating the dark
What is left upon my shore?
Half dead!
Have you ever dread the loss
Have you ever stormed it?
Then felt worn out
Knowing you lost it
From the dying
To the prospering dead
My jack, soon is too leave
And of my hands
Are the wretches of destinies?
Scorns of breath
When bloody is my pain
The river flowing trough my veins
What is left when fears to wind falls awry
My eternal dearest to soon shall rest deep
Yet bewitched in my chest
And loneliness is all I see
In truth I confess
Must I accept what love project?
For time too soon collects
The loves and leaves only the losses

Joeseph

Link:  Darkness

Calendar for next week

March 20 - Spring Equinox , Birthdays: Wxaupe (72), allworknoplay (40) 
March 21 - Birthdays: Esmelily (32), johanna90 (17), jesseanne21 (50) 
March 22 - Birthdays: zigzo_pazoru (25), antojake (31) 
March 23 - Birthdays: chrissy323 (54) 
March 24 - Birthdays: LeyleyDrive (21), Tracylee (19), sublimesaries69  

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

jpwagoneer1964, on March 13

Jack, 500 posts

one_of_one, on March 18

Jack + Ennis, 2000 posts

Rosie, on March 12

Special achievements

Jerasjr 10 000 posts , on March 13, BBBOY 11 000 posts , on March 13, Mars 23 000 posts on March 17.

Congratulations to all!    :cr)

Got News or Ideas?

Ciao Brokies!  :-*

March 26 - April 2 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2007, 06:58 PM by LuvJackNasty »
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2007, 02:06 PM »
March 26 - April 1 2007

I met the cowboy of my life and will quit ennisjack to marry him.

??? ::) :P

OK peeps, me was joking...

:i :i April Fools!   :i  :i

Bonjours les Brokies,  #)

April fools... April... Time flies too fast, each day I could recall:

Last year we were talking about this on the forum on the same day.

Last year we were that many members on the forum on the same day.

Last year I was spending as much time on the forum on the same day (at least I watered the plants today, I'm improving in multi-tasking).  *^)

So this year and the past week our 3500nd member registered on the forum and we busted 425 000 posts too. We celebrated 400 000 posts like last week, or the week before huh?  :s)

Thanks for keeping ennisjack alive Brokies, it looks like we are not about to grow old.

:cr)

Have a nice week!

Chameau

Why I love ennisjack.com

Posted by manhattangirl on March 25

To My Ennisjack Sisters and Brothers:

Thank you for making me feel part of your family,   I love this place, and most important,  love to all  of you.

New thread

Started by Jackster on March 19

What do you think Ennis would have done with Jack's ashes up on Brokeback? He made a long journey to Lightning Flat expecting get them so he must have had a pretty good idea of what he was going to do with them when he got up to Brokeback. What? How and where do you think he would have disposed of them? Here and there at various significant points, all buried at one critical spot, or, what? How do you see Ennis del Mar committing such a significant and personally emotional act? Also, keep in mind he planned on doing this BEFORE he knew about the shirts. How do you think he would have changed his ideas after finding the shirts. Haven't seen this in any postings.

Link:  What Would Ennis Do With Jack's Ashes?

Pix with Poems

Posted by lamusica on March 20

Come lovely and soothing death

No, I ain't never been in no war.
     Not the kind you're thinkin'of, anyway.
But that don't mean I don't have no scars
     Or no shrapnel deep down under my skin.
And it don't mean I've not taken a bullet to the heart.

I've done all those things just livin', workin', ridin' away my life here in wild Wyoming.

My scars are old now,
     But they throb from time to time
When I think of things I did to keep him at bay-
     From getting too close.

The bits of shrapnel
     Still prick and itch everyday
When memories flash in my mind
     Of him beggin' for what I wouldn't give.

And the hole in my heart weeps constantly-
     Drops of regret, sorrow, loneliness, and scalding pain-
All wrapped up in that one
     Sore-missed darlin' man.

War?  Hell, who needs weapons of steel to be brought low
     When love will do the job?

(lamusica)

Link:  Come lovely and soothing death

Meet the Authors

Fan Fictions are stories of the characters of Ennis and Jack from many authors others than Annie Proulx.  ;)

This is an interview posted by LuvJacknasty with JPWagoneer1964 author of many fan fictions, these are some of them: Campfire Favors and Revelation - Sweet Life at Last - 131 Miles to Riverton - Suits, Shirts and Silver Means 25

The discussion thread and the links to many more stories are here.

No. Can hardly type

Buy sell vintage automotive literature.

As we are all very   moved by the film.

No

No they have all pretty much been positive. Some other writers I think don't quite agree with my AU J&E.

If you could change one thing about the story/movie what would that be? (excluding keeping Jack alive... I think we all would change that if we could!)

More scenes of later camping trips as in the 2003 screenplay. I used to want to see the very last moments J&E spent (between "I can't stand this anymore Jack...' and Ennis driving away.) but I realize this was a private moment and can surmise that jack would have stayed with Ennis as long as he need him.

Brokies Get Together

Paris, France

June 1 - 4 in Paris, France.  We found the hotel, the price range is from 42 to 50 Euros per person/day for a shared room. Click here to go to the main discussion thread and the details..

For informations about the hotel and traveling to Paris or traveling in Paris click on the picture below.

Seattle, WA

The dates are August 4 - 7, 2007, the place is Seattle WADirtbiker will be the host, many members already posted their interest about this project, click here to go to the thread.

If you have questions about a future gathering please Email Chameauchameau@ennisjack.com  

Calendar for next week

March 26 - Birthdays: *Lauren* (18), jack32000 (44)
March 28 - Birthdays: onerobertallen (48)
March 31 - Birthdays: Carefree Wind (40)
April 1 - April Fools  :i

Member's levels updates

20 posts, Alma Jr.

Azl, on March 21
Minchout, on March 22
Brokebacksnuit on March 25

100 posts, Lureen

Thelastaerie, on March 19
Heaven Eyes, on March 23

Jack, 500 posts

Bigheart, on March 19
Titabeille, on March 19

Special achievements

Tpe, 20 000 posts, on March 21, Christie Wood, 4000 posts , on March 24, Audrey Twist, 6000 posts , on March 24, City Slickin' Cowboy, 15 000 posts on March 24.

Congratulations to all!    O0

Got News or Ideas?

See ya next week Brokies!  :c)

March 26 - April 1 2007, editor: Chameau. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this issue of the newsletter.
 Jean-Louis Barrault