Author Topic: Re: Various Articles/Interviews  (Read 17365 times)

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
Re: Various Articles/Interviews
« on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:49 AM »
BBM producer James Schamus is going to chair the jury at the Berlin Film festival next month

http://www.ivpressonline.com/entertainment/movies/producer-james-schamus-to-chair-berlin-fest-jury/article_38158521-b815-50e0-adec-b55053359507.html

if you remember Jake was part of this festival in 2012

Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline youbet

• Alma Jr.
  • No more beans
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2015, 11:49 PM »
I guess many of you follow brokeback mountain news and articles on the net, still sharing - came across this recent coverage - Brokeback Mountain 10 years of oral history.

Very interesting, a few new facts. The ones that touch you and make you think again :

Heath ledger didn't like "wish i knew how to quit you " memes and jokes.

Some interesting facts about how heath and Michelle's relationship developed ( awwwe)
How heath really punched the brick wall ...real hard... Wounding his hand and freaking out the crew.

Jake on the experience - once they began shooting, the cast and crew grew closer than is typical on a movie set. "For the first month of shooting, we all lived by this river in little trailers, and I had my dog there. We all just lived on a campground and would walk to set. You know, in a world driven by commerce, particularly in the movie business, there's no time spent together – relationships are fleeting," the actor says. "We are all still close – not just bonded by the success of the film, but bonded by the experience. It was an intimate project in that way. We'd wake up and make breakfast for each other and hang out. It was a really special, special time."

Ang lee "people. I think everybody involved felt that way, like we were blessed. I don't have another movie I feel that way about."

Jake "While there are many parts of the real story that are sad, one of the saddest things is that I won't be able to exchange ideas creatively with Heath again, because that was one of the most beautiful things to come out of that"

However again i dont really appreciate the media asking jake over and over again his feelings on heath's death etc, its a pity that he has to calmly keep answering the same question.
Tell you what . . .  Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Thanks again youbet!  Indeed, a very good compilation that makes us think of things again!  :)

Offline youbet

• Alma Jr.
  • No more beans
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2015, 09:59 AM »
Tell you what . . .  Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2015, 08:18 PM »
In fact, a Finnish Brokie sent me another article that did a similar looking back -- with hindsight.  I should try to post it either here or some related thread!

Thanks for the article.  I suspect that we'll see a few articles commemorating the 10-year anniversary.

Offline BBMsheep

• Jack + Ennis
  • Little Darlin'
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:25 AM »
Thanks youbet.

Just wanted to add that Tizi has posted many links in the 10th anniversary screening thread.
It could be like this - just like this - always

Later, that dozy embrace solidified in his memory as the single moment of artless, charmed happiness in their separate and difficult lives. Annie Proulx

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2016, 02:12 AM »
sorry, since we have no "news 2016" i thought to put it here:

BBM is no. 40 in BBC's 21st Century 100 greatest films  O0
and it is in great company  O0
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline BBMsheep

• Jack + Ennis
  • Little Darlin'
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2016, 12:35 PM »
That's great, even if it should be number one.  ;)

Zodiac is number 12!  }s{
It could be like this - just like this - always

Later, that dozy embrace solidified in his memory as the single moment of artless, charmed happiness in their separate and difficult lives. Annie Proulx

Offline Romeo164

• Jack
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2018, 12:09 AM »
After all these years, somebody is still writing about our film. I found this article in a university newspaper from SUNY Oswego in upstate New York.

https://www.oswegonian.com/2018/03/02/brokeback-mountain-was-always-better-than-crash/
Your folks just called you Ennis?

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2018, 09:31 PM »
Thanks Romeo!

BBM is a keeper.

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2022, 03:06 AM »
I wrote a piece on BBM for Cinephilia&Beyond. Whoever reads it - I hope you guys enjoy it.  <^(

https://cinephiliabeyond.org/brokeback-mountain/
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2022, 10:02 PM »
I wrote a piece on BBM for Cinephilia&Beyond. Whoever reads it - I hope you guys enjoy it.  <^(

https://cinephiliabeyond.org/brokeback-mountain/

What a great piece. Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoy reading it very much and it brought me back so many memories. The movie is truly a masterpiece!!

I bookmark your link!  :t)
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2022, 05:39 PM »
What a great piece. Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoy reading it very much and it brought me back so many memories. The movie is truly a masterpiece!!

I bookmark your link!  :t)

I'm so glad you liked it.  <^( I put my heart and soul into it.
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2023, 09:53 PM »
That was terrific, Koka!

Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to see it. What a lovely surprise to my day.   :)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #14 on: Jun 17, 2023, 04:39 PM »
That was terrific, Koka!

Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to see it. What a lovely surprise to my day.   :)

And look how long it's taken me to see this! I'm incredibly glad you liked it.  <^( <^( <^( <^(
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2023, 09:03 PM »
And look how long it's taken me to see this! I'm incredibly glad you liked it.  <^( <^( <^( <^(

^f^
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)