Author Topic: What was/is/will be the Setup of Your First BBM DVD Viewing?  (Read 8324 times)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
DVD is coming. What was/is/will be the Setup of Your First BBM Viewing?

I still got no 50' flat panel TV. Gosh I can't stand to see it on my 32' TV. I want gigantic size of Ennis and Jack and Brokeback Mountain as a backdrop of my living room wall.

If I can't fix it, I gotta stand it.  :D Please do share. Thanks.

I am still thinking about how I will be viewing the DVD for the first time.  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2006, 12:43 AM by ethan »
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline chrissy323

• Alma
Re: What was/is/will be the Setup of Your First BBM Viewing?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2006, 12:33 AM »
After I pick up the DVD after work, I'm going grab some dinner at a drive thru (something that goes with beans), rush home, turn off the ringer on the phone, turn down the answering machine, put on my Jack Nasty t-shirt, get my beans, get a box Kleenex and settle in for the night.
"No More Beans"

"Beans 'bout all we got left"

"We got to do somethin' 'bout this food situation. Maybe I'll shoot one of the sheep"

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em"

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
Re: What was/is/will be the Setup of Your First BBM Viewing?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2006, 01:48 AM »
After I pick up the DVD after work, I'm going grab some dinner at a drive thru (something that goes with beans), rush home, turn off the ringer on the phone, turn down the answering machine, put on my Jack Nasty t-shirt, get my beans, get a box Kleenex and settle in for the night.

I eat beans every night so will do nothing new there but I plan to turn off all the lights, close the blinds and just live with it, over and over again. I am counting down the days and I can't even pay the bills for this month.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline AnaisStefanie

• Alma Jr.
Re: What was/is/will be the Setup of Your First BBM DVD Viewing?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:27 AM »
i'm gonna watch it with my sister. and then we're gonna invite our little cousin over to watch because she's never seen it and she wants to. i'm so excited!!

Sunflower79

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:33 AM »
I do have a small tv to watch it on..but I still plan on enjoying it though :) and I will have a box of tissues ready too..

Offline bram

• Jack
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:10 AM »
Depends on if I work that day. If not, then I will make up some sausage and beans for breakfast and watch it on the big tv in the living room with whoever else is awake and willing. If I do work, then after work, I will get some sausage and beans for dinner and hold myself up in my bedroom to watch it alone. I might even be able to watch it before work. I think the first shift doesn't even start till 10:45. Either way, there will be a lot of tissues.
Dog Canyon, Texas is the most beautiful place in the world. You should check it out.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:35 AM »
alone in my room (don't want anyone to distract me), lights off, no food (when I get too emotional I can't eat), maybe just coffee. and when I get to the 2nd tent scene I'll probably replay it a couple of times...  :P

P.S. Bram, I e-mailed you! you're the best!!  :-*
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2006, 09:13 PM »
I'm going to my friend's house on 4/7 and we'll watch it in her room- no kids there! lol She only went once to the theater with me and another friend of ours so she's needing her fix. I do have a big screen in my family room but unless I watch it in the middle of the night that option is out in terms of peace. So on my many future viewings I will be holed up in my bedroom- just me and the boys- what a nice thought.  ;D
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:14 PM »
21" TV screen  :( but stereo sound, plugged to my sound system :D

Cellphone off (no other phone in the house), door bell off, shut down windows, closed curtains.

Supplies now, whiskey, a lot of ice (for the whiskey), box of tissues, food  ??? ::) It's not a priority, might call some pizza before shooting on the door bell.  For the rest,  I have plenty of wine in my cellar.

Playing safe... might take a day or two off from work.

I will call my mum to let her know I will be away for a few days.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:30 PM »
chameau,

Alam said "you forgetting somethin'" --

Where are the tissues?  :P
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:37 PM »
chameau,

Alam said "you forgetting somethin'" --

Where are the tissues?  :P

Hem, Fearless Leader... to quote myself  ::)  You missed that one I guess.

Supplies now, whiskey, a lot of ice (for the whiskey), box of tissues, food   ??? ::)  It's not a priority, might call some pizza before shooting on the door bell.  For the rest,  I have plenty of wine in my cellar.

La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Lady

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2006, 04:37 AM »
My first viewing of the DVD will also be my first viewing of the movie(for reasons I have explained elsewhere on the forum) it will be in the evening, my birds will be covered and settled and they better not make a sound!! I only have a small tv but will pull my chair up close, turn the tv up as loud as possible, the phone will be off as will the doorbell. i just want to immerse myself in the movie, feel Im there and living it, and off course there will be a big box of tissues close by.

Offline Endymion

• Cassie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:39 AM »
I'm gonna watch it alone, still prefer to watch it on the big screen though. :-[
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road... In a world that may say that we're wrong.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2006, 12:20 AM »
I'm gonna watch it alone, still prefer to watch it on the big screen though. :-[

Me too. I will watch it when my partner is not home to distract me.  :)

Offline shieldmaid

• Jack
« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2006, 01:02 AM »

Me too. I will watch it when my partner is not home to distract me.  :)

I agree; my perfect setup will be me curled up alone on the couch, under a blanket, bottle of water and snacks and tissues close at hand--and DVD remote for optimal rewinding, pausing, and double-checking the dialogue during the second tent scene . . .
some open space between

Offline jeffjoe

• My name is Joe... Jeff Joe
  • Ennis
  • The magic is in us here...
« Reply #15 on: Aug 07, 2006, 05:27 PM »
I'll do it in my room, door will be close, curtains too, i'll be on my bed (mmm so sexy, don't you think) no food and when i'll feel so comfortable just turn on the TV and fall in love with my DVD :cr) i need a cigar
Nunca me alejo, mas allá de una mirada...