Author Topic: DVD Release - Hong Kong (April 28)  (Read 15396 times)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
DVD Release - Hong Kong (April 28)
« on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:19 AM »
DVD was released in Hong Kong on April 28.

(Zone 3)
Disc 1: 134 Minutes 11 Seconds
Disc 2: Bonus Features

-Sharing the Story : The Making Of Brokeback Mountain (20分47秒)

-Directing From the Heart : Ang Lee (7分27秒)

-On Being A Cowboy (5分44秒)

-From Script to Screen : Interviews with Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana (10分53秒)

-In Dialogue with Ang Lee : Brokeback Mountain and Beyond (60分58秒 / 沒有任何字幕)

-Theatrical Trailer (2分17秒)

Thanks to lovepeace for posting the link.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline rebecca

• Cassie
Re: DVD Release - Hong Kong (April 28)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2006, 11:48 AM »
who can tell me how much is it?

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2006, 07:41 PM »
How annoying is that.We only got one disc and this edition has two and the second one looks great with the shirts depicted on it.It also has more extras with the trailer and dialogue with Ang.Wonder why the rest of the world didn't get this edition?Maybe there will be another one released later on?

Anyway,in answer to Rebecca,it's available at CD WOW.It's only £9.99 as well,so it's cheaper then the one disc version and it's free delivery.Looks like i will be purchasing yet another one ;D

Jennis.x

(Thanks for posting the cover :-*)It's gorgeous.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Anyone know a HK site that will sell the DVD to international customers?

Update:  Yippee!  I ordered the HK BBM 2-Disc DVD from a site I found online  ;D ;D ;D  I think I'll try to get different versions from different countries as they get released ;)  I already have the UK version.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2006, 08:35 PM by dirtbiker »

Offline lovepeace

• Cassie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:36 PM »

Although CD-WOW is not a HK site, but they sell HK version and free delivery worldwide.
http://www10.cd-wow.us/detail_results_2.php?product_code=278177

Note:HK version did not have English subtitle.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:44 PM »

Update:  Yippee!  I ordered the HK BBM 2-Disc DVD from a site I found online  ;D ;D ;D  I think I'll try to get different versions from different countries as they get released ;)  I already have the UK version.
I have done that as well bought them from other countries.We are well and truly obsessed aren't we ;D

J.x

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:46 PM »
I have done that as well bought them from other countries.We are well and truly obsessed aren't we ;D

Thanks for the info on ordering DVD from other countries.

HK verison has two discs. So unfair. But US gets to see it first on DVD.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:57 PM »

J.x

Jennis, what other country releases do you have?  As far as I know, I think it's  only US/Canada, UK, and HK so far...

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2006, 09:29 PM »

J.x

Jennis, what other country releases do you have?  As far as I know, I think it's  only US/Canada, UK, and HK so far...
Yeah,that's what i meant.I am in England,but i bought the other countries versions also.For the covers really,as they are all different.I expect you think i'm mad? ;D No,hang on,just remembered you said you are doing the same thing.I'm not alone in my madness ;D
J.x

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 12:18 PM »

J.x

Yeah,that's what i meant.I am in England,but i bought the other countries versions also.For the covers really,as they are all different.I expect you think i'm mad? ;D No,hang on,just remembered you said you are doing the same thing.I'm not alone in my madness ;D
J.x

Yup, in the same boat here  ;D  I noticed that these Asian sites that sell DVD's have BBM listed within the top 2 most popular DVDs sold which is amazing for a foreign language movie to do so well there.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 12:28 PM »
J.x

Yup, in the same boat here  ;D  I noticed that these Asian sites that sell DVD's have BBM listed within the top 2 most popular DVDs sold which is amazing for a foreign language movie to do so well there.

That is fantastic news!!! I read on the net that the dvd sold 1.4 million copies in the states on the day it was released.Wonder how many it is now.Anyone know?

Jennis.x

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 12:46 PM »
J.x

That is fantastic news!!! I read on the net that the dvd sold 1.4 million copies in the states on the day it was released.Wonder how many it is now.Anyone know?

Jennis.x
Interesting to note that the DVD cover picture listed Academy & Golden Globe winners but no mention on BAFTA's.  Wonder if the label was designed way before BAFTAs?  Also, this HK version seems to have better audio soundtracks - DTS ES and Dolby Digital EX, whereas the US/UK only has Dolby Digital 5.1.  It isn't an unusual practice to buy different versions of the same CD of your favorite artist from other countries, so it shouldn't be different with DVD's ;)  There's always other goodies that you can find in other versions, and that's what drives a lot of foreign CD sales.  The Japanese are known for better quality CD's so audiophile afficianados try to seek those out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:19 PM by dirtbiker »

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 02:07 PM »

Jennis.x
Interesting to note that the DVD cover picture listed Academy & Golden Globe winners but no mention on BAFTA's.  Wonder if the label was designed way before BAFTAs?  Also, this HK version seems to have better audio soundtracks - DTS ES and Dolby Digital EX, whereas the US/UK only has Dolby Digital 5.1.  It isn't an unusual practice to buy different versions of the same CD of your favorite artist from other countries, so it shouldn't be different with DVD's ;)  There's always other goodies that you can find in other versions, and that's what drives a lot of foreign CD sales.  The Japanese are known for better quality CD's so audiophile afficianados try to seek those out.

Yes.i did notice that.(no Bafta's mention):( and the DTS.We may get that directors cut in time who knows?Be great wouldn't it.More BBM dvd's. lol
Be able to open a shop soon ;D
Jennis.x

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Yippee!  I got my HK DVD today.  It only has Chinese subtitles, 2 audio soundtracks (DTS & DD EX), and a bonus disc with most of the same stuff but also the trailer, cast/crew filmographies, and another Cantonese/Mandarin interview with Ang.  The selections say there is an English subtitle for that interview, but I couldn't get it to work on the computer.  I will try it on my regular DVD player when I get home to see if it's actually there.  Will likely watch the whole DVD this evening  ;D ;D ;D  Been waiting too long for this so I can watch it again...

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Congratulations! dirtbiker, where did you order your HK DVD?

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 10:29 PM »
I got mine from a place called sensasian.com.  They do have a shipping fee, and I later found out there are other sites that have free shipping...  >:(

Anyways, there doesn't appear to be English subtitles for the interview  :-\  It lasted an hour and was held in front of an outside audience.  They went back and forth from Mandarin to Cantonese.  Fudgecakes!  I need someone to translate for me!!!!!!!!  About the only words I could understand was "homophobia" which Ang mentioned a few times in his interview.  I guess there isn't a Chinese equivalent for that word...

I will watch the movie when it gets dark here.  Will let ya all know if the Dolby Digital EX soundtrack is any better than the US version  ;D  Can't vouch for the DTS ES soundtrack since my amp doesn't have that  :(

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 10:32 PM »
Thanks, dirtbiker. I will be going to Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore & Malaysia) next weekend for three weeks. I definitely will buy one. If anyone wants to buy HK DVD, let me know.

I was told Taiwan will have two-disc editon released in mid-June. Are you interested?

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 10:37 PM »
Thanks, dirtbiker. I will be going to Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore & Malaysia) next weekend for three weeks. I definitely will buy one. If anyone wants to buy HK DVD, let me know.

I was told Taiwan will have two-disc editon released in mid-June. Are you interested?

Yes yes!!!  As long as the Taiwan release is not a re-release of the HK one...  Hopefully, since its Ang's homeland, they will have something really special released there  :D

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Yes yes!!!  As long as the Taiwan release is not a re-release of the HK one...  Hopefully, since its Ang's homeland, they will have something really special released there  :D

I will make sure that it is not the same one. If so, I will get you a Taiwanese copy.  :D

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 02:01 AM »

I will make sure that it is not the same one. If so, I will get you a Taiwanese copy.  :D

Thanks Ethan!  BTW, I just finished watching the HK DVD this evening.  Noticed that the sound was perhaps just a little bit more crisp than the US version because of the DD ES encoding, but I noticed that the video was slightly less consistent in quality than the US version (not sure if this is real or imagined).  I also made a comparison side by side with the FS and WS versions - see the posting in the FS vs. WS version thread.  I'm going to watch the FS version from now on!!!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 10:35 AM »
More from HK DVD

Case & Crew Filmographies

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 11:28 AM »
Ethan, when you get the HK copy for yourself, maybe you can translate the interview dialog for us  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Ethan, when you get the HK copy for yourself, maybe you can translate the interview dialog for us  ;D ;D ;D

Sure. I will do.

Offline ms.bluesky

• Lureen
« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2006, 06:27 PM »
ethan could yeah do that for me to please my email is :kaykay_leelee@hotmail.com
:..i miss you so much i cant hardly stand it...:

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #24 on: Aug 21, 2010, 10:15 AM »
I watched and 'listened' to this Ang Lee  & co. interview the other day.

我们的中国讲的朋友: any chance for a very short synopsis or pointing out anything 'new' or prominent Ang Lee and the others tell us, please.  O0

"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #25 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Useless pieces of information... :i

A single disc edition DVD was released in Hong Kong today (Feb 15 2011). The cover art seems to be almost the same:

Practically the bonus feature disc (with the all-Chinese interview with Ang Lee) has just been dropped. The two disc edition seems to be out-of-print now. A same kind of 'pattern' took place in Japan earlier. The Hong Kong VCD is still available.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2011, 09:55 AM by rdx »
"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline lokyi

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:46 AM »
i hv just bought the DVD (in Hong Kong) few days ago.........it only got the movie...does not hv any bonus/special/interview....:(
and there is only 1 DVD left in the shop!!!!it seeems that the DVD of BBM is out of stock in many shops in Hong Kong...
and i tried to find the blue-ray one, but the shop assistant told me that blue-ray version is only available in US><

by the way, hello everyone! :) i am new here, last week I watched BBM for the first time of my life! love it so much.
BBM- love of my life

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #27 on: Apr 02, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Welcome aboard, lokyi!

Offline lokyi

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #28 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:33 AM »
thx for the warm welcome! dirtbiker

today i went to HMV at causeway bay, i saw the BLUE-RAY VERSION!!!!!!!GREAT!!!

HK$ 185

but saddly i cant find the novel in the bookshops. (both english and chinese version)

totallly out of stock in Hong Kong,,

guesss i need to buy it online or go to Taiwan to buy it someday...><
BBM- love of my life

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #29 on: Apr 03, 2011, 01:37 PM »
lokyi 欢迎

Oh, too bad that the Hong Kong DVD is 'so' sold out. Well, actually it proves the film's ongoing success  O0.

The US Blu-ray is rather 'usable' because it is region-free (or more precisely all-region).
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011, 03:11 PM by rdx »