Author Topic: Japan:BBM DVD release  (Read 26035 times)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
Japan:BBM DVD release
« on: Aug 09, 2006, 11:22 PM »
BBM will be released on DVD in Japan September 22nd.(2-Discs)

I'm beginning to think that the U.K.AND U.S. are the only countries who didn't get a 2-disc edition :(

More details here:http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNBF-1134

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Japan:BBM DVD release
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2006, 11:35 PM »
Canada didn't get a 2 disks edition but France did  ::)

I have both  :s)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2006, 11:41 PM »
Canada didn't get a 2 disks edition but France did  ::)

I have both  :s)
The French editions are gorgeous.I love the black and the white wooden box.

J.x

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Wooden boxes?

What wooden boxes?

I got my Prestige Edition I ordered from France but it's ain't wooden box  ::) :-X

Oopse, we shall take this discusion to the French DVD release one, we're a bit far from Japan here. Off topic maybe   ???

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Wooden boxes?

What wooden boxes?

I got my Prestige Edition I ordered from France but it's ain't wooden box  ::) :-X

Oopse, we shall take this discusion to the French DVD release one, we're a bit far from Japan here. Off topic maybe   ???

Yes,I went over there ;)...x

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2006, 06:54 AM »

Has Pierrelax added the info on the Japanese edition to the DVD Versions Thread?  I should check.  Else, I should send him a subtle hint!  ;)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2006, 09:33 AM »

Has Pierrelax added the info on the Japanese edition to the DVD Versions Thread?  I should check.  Else, I should send him a subtle hint!  ;)

I sent pierrelax a pm yesterday and mentioned this one and the Netherlands cover,as i know he has a thread going with all the others.It's a lovely idea to keep them all in one place.(I wasn't quite so subtle) lol... ;D

Jennis.x

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2006, 09:37 AM »

I sent pierrelax a pm yesterday and mentioned this one and the Netherlands cover,as i know he has a thread going with all the others.It's a lovely idea to keep them all in one place.(I wasn't quite so subtle) lol... ;D

Jennis.x

Yes, the DVD versions thread and the Site Locations thread are indespensible to the mildly obsessed!  :)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2006, 12:41 PM »
(OT)  I guess Pierrealex is on vacations
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline pierralex

• Dreamer forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • que les moutons aillent se faire foutre
« Reply #9 on: Aug 21, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I'll add it in the BBM DVD Encyclopedia next week, thanks foe the infos  ;)
"Texans don't drink coffee?"

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2006, 02:33 AM »
I just received my premium edition from Japan today!  Watching it now...  There is a long interview with Ang Lee which is quite good - questions were posed in Japanese (in text), and Ang answers in English.  He talks about the characters, how casting was done, the individual actors' qualities, etc.  It's great!  He even talks about the releases in different cities, including Salt Lake City - and how well it did there!  Also, his impressions on how the movie was received in different countries, and he thought the Asian market was much more open in acceptance.  He talks about how difficult the American public is as it is the most masculine culture in the world.  The questions asked were really thoughtful and in depth.  He talks about his anxieties with the Oscars, etc.  He says it's a "gay movie" but not a "gay cowboy movie" - he says it sounds like a parody akin of "Blazing Saddles".  The interview lasted around 30 minutes.  He says it's a "masculine love story".  There was another interview clip lasting 15 minutes talking about the short story and how moved he was when he read it, and more about the cast, casting director, etc.  All in all, some new material not seen in other editions, and at least these interviews were in English and not Cantonese/Mandarin like in the HK release.   :)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Great. Thanks for the info.

I often wonder where are the Japanese members? Perhaps this DVD will add a few to our forum.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #12 on: Aug 21, 2010, 12:27 PM »
There is a small booklet with the Japanese DVD in black and white. First, the film is divided into 6 parts and then further into 48 titles, as follows:

私たちの日本語を話すお友達 translation, please & thank you..just the 6 & 48 titles..  (:*

The use of number 8 is quite obvious here.  #)

If you want to zoom in, save the picture on your computer or open it in a new browser window.

The other pages of the booklet:

and

There is also a small card, somesort of greeting, I guess:

And the cover:

I think this edition & the Hong Kong and the Netherlands editions of BBM are the only DVD releases with DTS sound.

尊敬 8
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2010, 12:40 PM by rdx »
"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2010, 12:38 PM »
As posted by Monsieur pierralex here and by Jennis above the Japanese DVD package contains a 16 page colour booklet but only in the first pressing which has been sold out long ago. The present pressing has only a '6 page' booklet in black and white (above). I found this information at a Japanese (r)etailer (partially thanks to Google Translate).

Does anyone have any info on this colour booklet, please?

It seems that the back cover is different on the first pressing (etailer picture):

BBM was released in Japan as a 1-disc edition in July 2009 [some sort of 'priced-down reissue']. Strangely some etailers state that it is already sold out. I haven't found any additional pictures of this release; the front cover is the same as on the previous 2-disc release.
"I'm spurrin' his guts out! Wavin' to the girls in the stands! He's kickin' me to high heaven, but he don't jackboard me! No!" Jack

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:09 PM »
 :i
The cardboard slip cover of the 1-disc release (July 2009) looks like this:

On the right you can also see the other narrow side of the slip cover: both of them mention only 'Heath Ledger'.

And of course there's an obi-strip:

Otherwise this release is the same as the 2-disc release of 2006 minus the Jack disc & the booklet.

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2013, 09:37 AM »
A Japanese Blu-ray will be released on September 25th 2013:

Most probably no new extras... :s) The local Amazon doesn't have any details at the moment.

Offline rdx

• Jack
« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2013, 04:12 AM »
The Japanese Blu-ray has a 'custom' cover:

There are also Spanish language options (in addition to Japanese and English) as Brokeback Mountain Blu-ray was also released in Spain in September.

kennethreed

« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:19 PM »
I like all japanese stuff and the voice of this film too