Author Topic: Forum Feedback + Problem - Please Report Them Here.  (Read 125166 times)

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
Re: How can I...
« Reply #120 on: Sep 08, 2008, 05:32 AM »
ethan... i am not really getting the way to save a PM.. every time i click that link i get somewhere else, but i can't find explanations on how to proceed.. is it me that nerd?  :-\\

sorry ...  ^f^
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Forum Feedback + Problem - Please Report Them Here.
« Reply #121 on: Sep 08, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I am so jazzed about the new feature, of being able to save all PM's and delete them off our server.  However, I've tried a couple times tonight, clicking on "Save all PM's," and a new window opens, and it says "Done" at the bottom, but the page is totally blank.  I'm using Firefox.  I'll try again.  Anyone else successful or not successful with this saving PM's?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #122 on: Sep 08, 2008, 11:08 PM »
I'm using Firefox too and my PMs just saved fine.  :s)

Better wait for the feedback from an Admin.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #123 on: Sep 09, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Kathy, thanks for reporting the problem. I am also using Firefox and it works just fine.

When you click "Save all PMs," the browser should load all your PMs on one page. After it loads completely, you can then save it as an html document.

The layout is very similar to the printed version of forum newsletter

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=4670.0;images

Can you please try if IE works and keep us updated? Thanks!
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #124 on: Sep 09, 2008, 11:07 PM »
I tried in both Firefox and IE.  I'm in my Inbox and I click Save All PM's, and I get a blank page.  Maybe, duh...do you have to select them first?  Wouldn't seem so.  But I can try that.  I'll try again and let you know.  Thanks.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #125 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Kathy, thanks for the update. Selecting the messages is not needed.

Have you tried at a different computer?
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #126 on: Sep 10, 2008, 06:15 PM »
ethan... i am not really getting the way to save a PM.. every time i click that link i get somewhere else, but i can't find explanations on how to proceed.. is it me that nerd?  :-\\

sorry ...  ^f^

Could you provide more information about this?
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #127 on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:22 PM »

The link at the top of the newsletter is incorrect, Cham.  I did that at first also, but it takes us to the Montreal gathering, or some such -- I don't really remember right now what thread the link was to.

But, if you read the part in the newsletter about this new feature, and use the link there, it takes you to the right place.

As Ethan just said, I'll have to try it on another computer.  Weird.  Except that I don't want to save them at work, on that computer; but I can try anyway, see if the problem is my computer, though I wouldn't know why it would be.  Anyway, if it works at my work computer, I can bring my portable hard drive there, as that is where I was going to save the PM's anyway.  Cool.

kathy

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #128 on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Kathy , you meant the link in the news box don't you?  The one in the Newsletter is fine.  I modified it for now in the news box and it's working fine.  Since many of us will meet in Brussels soon we might get answers, Fausta reported some issues too.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2008, 10:37 PM by chameau »
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #129 on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:41 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Kathy , you meant the link in the news box don't you?  The one in the Newsletter is fine.  I modified it for now in the news box and it's working fine.  Since many of us will meet in Brussels soon we might get answers, Fausta reported some issues too.

Sorry, I didn't explain that well.  Yes, I meant the "news box" link, not in the newsletter itself.  Thanks for fixing it.

You just had to say about Brussels, huh?  Shit, that's hard.   :\'(  (Sorry -- I'm lucky to always go to the meets I am able to go to...but I'm bummed I can't go to Brussels.  OT...but I actually even looked up flights the other night (about $1200 US I think it was).  As if.  Okay, bum-rant over.  My glass is half full, not half empty.  :)

kathy

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #130 on: Sep 11, 2008, 02:29 AM »

it's as you said - now it's working, the link didn't show, but the montreal meet came up.
now it's ok - and i think it's a wonderful thing  :clap:

you have no idea how easier the whole thing will be running once we cleared all our PMs..  ;) ;D

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #131 on: Sep 11, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Still not working for me.  ("Is it something I said?" :)

I tried on work computer today, and got the same thing.  I'm in my Inbox, and click on "Save all PMs."  It opens a page, URL "http://ennisjack.com/index.php?action=pmsaveall" but the page is totally blank.  Though it says "Done" down in lower left corner.

??

kathy

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #132 on: Sep 15, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Which internet browser do you use?
I use firefox mozilla and once I click on Save all pms it opens a page with all the pms , all I then have to do is click on save in the file barre.
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #133 on: Sep 16, 2008, 10:51 PM »
Which internet browser do you use?
I use firefox mozilla and once I click on Save all pms it opens a page with all the pms , all I then have to do is click on save in the file barre.

Thank you, Froggy, but I've been PM'ing with Ethan about this.  I use firefox also, but the page that opens up (not a separate tab, by the way) is blank.  We think it's because I have too many PM's for the function to work -- I need to clear a lot out before being able to save.  By the way, it works perfectly if I do it individually, but that's way too difficult at this point.  In the future I can do it like that, but not for this first mass saving.

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #134 on: Sep 17, 2008, 11:55 PM »
Ethan, I'm posting this instead of PM'ing you -- I'd think this is info that might apply to others also.

I tried "Save all PMs" in my Outbox.  Duh, why didn't I think of that?  I had only tried it with my Inbox.  My Inbox has 100 pages, and the application won't work with that many PMs.  But my Outbox had only 25 pages.  (I had cleared it out considerably on a few occasions in the past when you've encouraged us to do so.)  Anyway, the Save all PMs worked perfectly this time, with my Outbox.  And didn't even take very long.

It saves curiously, though.  I had made a folder, "ennisjack PMs," and made two folders inside that, "Inbox" and "Outbox."  In my Outbox folder, the save function made one folder and one PHP file.  Just to check it before I deleted the PM's here, I opened them.  The folder is all the images from all the PMs.  Then I opened the file in Word Pad.  The headers are a bunch of gobbledygook, but the text of the messages is all there.  What do you say we should open the PHP file in?  What is a PHP file anyway?

Thank you for your patience.  :^^)

kathy

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #135 on: Sep 18, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Kathy, glad to know at least something works.

When you save the PMs, can you save it as html file or web document? In a web document, all PMs will display including the images.

I guess a folder with all images from the PMs is nice but php file is not user friendly at all.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #136 on: Sep 18, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Kathy, glad to know at least something works.

When you save the PMs, can you save it as html file or web document? In a web document, all PMs will display including the images.

I guess a folder with all images from the PMs is nice but php file is not user friendly at all.

Darn -- I should have checked that out before I saved.  I guess I saved as html, and no, it's not a user-friendly thing, but that's okay.  (Sometimes I think the crux of the whole matter is to re-think "saving."  I've always been a saver -- save everything, physical and data -- but I've had to give that up the past years, with so much data flying over the web-waves. 

Well, I'll save PMs as web doc when I save Inbox.  I've deleted almost a third of the pages, though it's still too large.  Keep hacking away  ^^)

kathy

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #137 on: Sep 19, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Yes please keep saving and hacking!

I did some testing using Firefox and IE and save the page as webpage (HTML only).

Firefox will save a webpage and one folder with all the pix. IE will only save a htm document.

70-page probably is the maximum that the saving all feature will work properly.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #138 on: Sep 20, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Yes please keep saving and hacking!

I did some testing using Firefox and IE and save the page as webpage (HTML only).

Firefox will save a webpage and one folder with all the pix. IE will only save a htm document.

70-page probably is the maximum that the saving all feature will work properly.

Okay, cool.  Of course there will never be so many pages in the future, so this is only a one-time hacking-and-saving thing.  70 pages maximum?  Good -- I cut it down from 100 to 75 the other night, but then went to something else.

What are the two choices to save again?  HTML and what?  I'd rather not have the text and pics separately, but still, it isn't that bad this way.

So...thanks.

kathy

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #139 on: Sep 23, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Okay, cool.  Of course there will never be so many pages in the future, so this is only a one-time hacking-and-saving thing.  70 pages maximum?  Good -- I cut it down from 100 to 75 the other night, but then went to something else.

What are the two choices to save again?  HTML and what?  I'd rather not have the text and pics separately, but still, it isn't that bad this way.

Hope your trimming down is on track. In the Firefox,

1. select the location where you want the file save
2. name the file
3. in the field of "save as type," choose "web page, HTML only"

Even though all images will be saved in a folder (same name as the file), the web page will still display all images.

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #140 on: Sep 25, 2008, 01:37 PM »
i can't do it.. i don't know..  :-\\
i saved the outbox alright..
and the inbox is reduced to 65 pages..
but still it doesn't work.. not even with firefox...

i can't delete everything...  :\'(

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #141 on: Sep 25, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Don't worry Fausta, we'll look at it live next week   ;)
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #142 on: Sep 26, 2008, 01:59 AM »
Don't worry Fausta, we'll look at it live next week   ;)

this is great .... thank you!  :clap:

next week...  (t)     &**)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #143 on: Sep 26, 2008, 09:20 PM »
i can't do it.. i don't know..  :-\\
i saved the outbox alright..
and the inbox is reduced to 65 pages..
but still it doesn't work.. not even with firefox...

i can't delete everything...  :\'(

I feel the same, T.  I've been procrastinating deleting half my inbox.  I think now I'll wait until after your "live" session next week and find out what you've come up with, before I do.

I hate to keep saying it, but I'm so jealous!!!

kathy

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #144 on: Sep 27, 2008, 10:49 AM »
I feel the same, T.  I've been procrastinating deleting half my inbox.  I think now I'll wait until after your "live" session next week and find out what you've come up with, before I do.

I hate to keep saying it, but I'm so jealous!!!

kathy

yeah right.. like me everytime you meet with people over there...  :i

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #145 on: Sep 27, 2008, 11:39 PM »
yeah right.. like me everytime you meet with people over there...  :i

Okay, okay.  You're right.  :(  Since we're OT, we can fight about who is more jealous someplace else.   ^^)

kathy

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #146 on: Nov 03, 2008, 03:53 AM »
Hey Guys,
I wanted to inform u all that 2 weeks back I faced a problem posting..i was not able to open this site at all...This was happening for 2 days only with this site 2 weeks back..That time I could open hotmail, gmail etc properly..
FYI, I live in Dubai..
It is fine oflate but I hope it does not happnen as I really dont wana lose touch with this site..
Any suggestions???

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #147 on: Nov 03, 2008, 10:15 AM »
smartestsonia,

sorry to hear that you were having problems accessing the site. The site has been on pretty much so I am not really sure what the problem was.

Is it now working fine or do you still have problems?

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #148 on: Nov 04, 2008, 07:46 AM »
Thanks for your concern Ethan ^f^
It is working fine now but 2 weeks back it was showing online that the site is not found...It must have been a technical problem from the internet service provider in Dubai..The only thing that surprised me though was that it happened only with this site and every other site was accessible..
Thank God its working fine now..I will let u know if I face any other problems..
Thanks and take care :)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #149 on: Nov 04, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Glad to hear that it is all fine. Thanks for the update.