Author Topic: BBM TV Alerts (post em all here)  (Read 32518 times)

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
Thanks you for the info and the awesome photos,  will definitly be glued to the tube today!
cheer's :) :) :)
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
It's probably already played on the east coast, do you think there is a video somewhere?
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
It's probably already played on the east coast, do you think there is a video somewhere?

??? not fair!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
Can I post an Oprah spoiler??
 ::)

#############OPRAH SPOILER ALERT##################### Dont't read if you don't wanna know what is being said during Show:#

They talk about the "Jack, I swear" Oprah asks what he says at the end, coz she was crying so much she did not get it!!

One of the reasons that Brokeback Mountain is being called controversial is its same-sex kissing and love scenes.

Were these difficult for Jake and Heath?

"We can't say that we weren't nervous about it," Heath says. "But once the first take was over, it's like, 'Okay. So what? It's kissing another human being. How are we going to finish this scene? Let's get on with it and let's get out of here."

Was it more awkward doing a love scene with a man than doing one with a woman?

On filming loves scenes with a woman, Jake says, "I think we approach it like a dance, you know? So you have to say, 'Okay, I'm going to move you here, I'm going to go here. I'm going to touch you here, then we're going to kiss. Then I'm going to lay you down.' And that's how it was with us. In [one of Brokeback Mountain's love scenes] it was like, 'Okay, I'm going to come up and we hug and we're going to look at each other. And Heath, you're going to pull me back and you're going to slam me into the wall and then I'm going to grab you and slam you into the wall.'

"There have been times when I've been working with women," Jake adds, "and they just said, 'Hey, I've faked it before. I can fake it again.'"

[........]

Oprah: When you play somebody gay in a movie, everybody wants to know why did he do that? Were you worried about any of that?

Heath: I think whether or not the subject is controversial is relative to the person you are. … I never found the subject to be controversial so I never went in there nervous.

Jake: I figure if we knew the response to the movie before we did it, I don't think either of us could have done it.

Heath: You have to pretend no one's ever going to see it in order to allow yourself to expose yourself and be vulnerable.

Jake: Especially the stuff that we do in the movie!
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2006, 04:35 PM by frog123 »

Offline matt78

• Alma Jr.
  • Formerly garc1978
yes, please do for those of us in europe with no oprah! ;D

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis

#############OPRAH SPOILER ALERT##################### Dont't read if you don't wanna know what is being said during Show:#

Some people are upset at the movie for portraying a homosexual relationship. How do Jake and Heath feel about such criticism?

"I still find it personally disappointing that people kind of go out of their way to voice their disgust or their opinions against the ways in which two people choose to love one another," Heath says. "I think that's really unfortunate."

Jake says that Brokeback Mountain depended on certain factors to even make it to the big screen. "I think it's taken a while for somebody who wanted to approach the story in such a universal way—someone like [director] Ang Lee—to jump on it and make the choice to do it."

One thing is for sure about this film. It may be the "gay cowboy movie," but no one would say that Jack or Ennis are effeminate.

Even still, Jake says, people tell him their gender theories of Jack and Ennis's relationship. "I think what's interesting to me is to hear people say, 'Oh, well, you're really the woman in the relationship and he's really the guy,'" Jake says. "And then someone else said, 'No, but you really try and go after him, so you're really the guy and he's really the woman.' And it's like, what are you talking about? I don't understand what you're talking about? To box people in, I think, is what this movie is trying to go against, you know?"

[...]

Within weeks of meeting each other on the set of Brokeback Mountain, Heath and Michelle fell in love. Jake steps in to share their love story with Oprah since Michelle admits she's the shiest of the bunch.

"I remember being at rehearsal and seeing the two of them sort of, like, googly-eyed looking at each other," Jake tells Oprah. "Then I left for two weeks and came back—and they were in love! So there were four trailers, and then, there quickly became three trailers."

Anne also remembers sparks flying on day one of shooting the film. "There were sparks immediately," she says. "The first day we were sitting having lunch together, and Michelle had hurt her knee. Heath was playing with her crutches, and every once in a while, he would look and she would look and they were just adorable. "

With award shows, movie premieres and press junkets, Michelle says it's been tough juggling work and a 12-week-old infant.

"I had to adjust quickly," she tells Oprah. "We started promoting the movie about three weeks after she was born, which was too soon. I'm just learning lessons now, like learning how to be a working mom—which my mother wasn't."

"She's the perfect mom," Heath says about his fiancée. "I'm so proud," he says. "I just fall deeper and deeper in love with both my girls."

[...]

Anne, who is best known for her innocent roles, says it was a challenge playing Lureen, who director Ang Lee described as a "predator." In the first scene she filmed, Anne had to hit on Jake in a bar…and despite his good looks, Anne says it was really tough.

"That was hardest for me because I'm not an aggressive person in that way," Anne says. "So all of a sudden, I was, like, 'How do you walk in a sexy way?' I had no idea what I was doing."

Jake, on the other hand, says one of his favorite scenes was with Anne. After making out with Heath for weeks, Jake says getting intimate with Anne was "a breath of fresh air."

With all of the Oscar buzz surrounding Brokeback Mountain, the actors look forward to potential nominations, but say they've already received an even greater reward.

"At this point, what the movie's achieved and what it's done and the way it's hit people's hearts… yeah, being nominated for an Oscar would be amazing," Anne says. "But what it's done so far has kind of surpassed any award I think anybody could get."

[...]

One of the most remarkable things about Brokeback Mountain is the accent that Heath, an Aussie, uses to transform himself into Ennis Del Mar, a hardened, tight-lipped cowboy from Wyoming.

"Ennis had very few words to express because of what was going on," Heath explains. "He had this real inability to express and to love and to be loved. So I really wanted to represent that physically and through his voice. I wanted his mouth to be a clenched fist, and I wanted the words to really fight their way out from within. Any form of expression should be painful for him."

Jake says that in acting with Heath, he saw something in the character of Ennis that many viewers don't immediately identify. "[Heath said] to me, before we started shooting, 'I think Ennis is really sensitive to light.' And, 'I think that Ennis doesn't like to look people in the eyes and it makes him really uncomfortable.' I think a lot of people say that he's a repressed character, but to me what was interesting in playing off of him was that it felt like he was incredibly sensitive. Just sensitive to everything."

[...]

Ennis's trademark locked jaw has posed a problem for some viewers, however.

"I don't know what the last thing Ennis says when he's looking at the postcard," Oprah says. "We're crying but we don't know what he said! I've called three people to ask them, 'What did he say at the end of the movie?'"

Well, Heath is ready to unravel that unintentional mystery. He says, "Jack, I swear."

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
Oh thanks!  Wimper wimper...
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Just finished watching the Oprah show. It is a great show. Seeing these four cast members together talking about BBM is just refreshing. I have never seen such great cast for a movie.

Oprah gave a synopsis of the movie throughout the show with some clips of the move. Heath and Jake were first introduced to the show. Oprah asked them questions about the risk of taking gay roles, and doing the kiss scenes. Michelle and Anne were later introduced. Oprah congraluated Heath and Anne for having a baby and asked how they fell in love on set and Anne was asked the scene from the phone call.

Oprah concluded the show and said Brokeback Mountain is making a history and she urged everyone to go see it. I hope there will be a video soon for those who can't the Oprah show.

On a side note - I am kinda disappointed that BBM is only half of the show.

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
There was talk on the IMDB board of the disappointment that Oprah didn't bring up the fact that the movie spawned so many PBS folks like us :(

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
There was talk on the IMDB board of the disappointment that Oprah didn't bring up the fact that the movie spawned so many PBS folks like us :(

Yeah that's too bad, well she didn't know. 
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis

HAHAHAHA!

Maybe we should have sent her the forum's URL? Maybe we should do it anyway..even if show has been aired... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis

HAHAHAHA!

Maybe we should have sent her the forum's URL? Maybe we should do it anyway..even if show has been aired... ;D ;D ;D

If there was any way we could have known that they were taping I totally would have sent this URL to a staff member or something. Oh well...
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
If there was any way we could have known that they were taping I totally would have sent this URL to a staff member or something. Oh well...

next time baby...next time! ;)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis

#############MORE OPRAH SPOILER ##################### Dont't read if you don't wanna know what is being said during Show:#

Jake said that if Heath won the Oscar, he would shout "Jack Nasty loves you"

Anne insulted Oprah..yeah you read it first!!! Oprah asked Anne if at the end Lureen knew about Jack/Ennis..and Anne said "well i think it's pretty obvious, Oprah"

So there you go..it's confirmed...Lureen knew!!
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 10:20 AM by frog123 »

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis

#############MORE OPRAH SPOILER ##################### Dont't read if you don't wanna know what is being said during Show:#

Jake said that if Heath won the Oscar, he would shout "Jack Nasty loves you"

Anne insukted Oprah..yeah you read it first!!! Oprah asked Anne if at the end Lureen knew about Jack/Ennis..and Anne said "well i think it's pretty obvious, Oprah"

So there you..it's confirmed...Lureen knew!!

Anne rocks!  I mean geez...
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline coguaro

• Jack + Ennis
How to give notoriety to our forum..to Brokeback mountain... to Ennis and Jack!!!??!!

coguaro
I swear... I will never mistake again...

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
Another question..what if anyone involved with the film read this forum...youza!!
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
How to give notoriety to our forum..to Brokeback mountain... to Ennis and Jack!!!??!!

coguaro

Dunno...

Another question..what if anyone involved with the film read this forum...youza!!

That would be so great...but one can only dream!

Offline ranchgal

• Lureen

"

Anne insukted Oprah..yeah you read it first!!! Oprah asked Anne if at the end Lureen knew about Jack/Ennis..and Anne said "well i think it's pretty obvious, Oprah"

ACtually she said it was better left unknown, and then she said that "I felt it was obvious ......"
and when she saw the look on Oprah's face, then she went right into the apology because Oprah didn't think it was obvious-------ANNE never said WHAT she thought, or WHICH viewpoint she felt was obvious-----I think you are reading too much into the her apology.

the audience members were the ones who shouted "She Knew."   ANNE NEVER said anything either way, cause then she started talking about her mother's reaction to what she just said.
SO it is still up to the viewer, and in the ear/eye of the beholder.

Offline hidesert

• Alma

ACtually she said it was better left unknown, and then she said that "I felt it was obvious ......"
and when she saw the look on Oprah's face, then she went right into the apology because Oprah didn't think it was obvious-------ANNE never said WHAT she thought, or WHICH viewpoint she felt was obvious-----I think you are reading too much into the her apology.

the audience members were the ones who shouted "She Knew."   ANNE NEVER said anything either way, cause then she started talking about her mother's reaction to what she just said.
SO it is still up to the viewer, and in the ear/eye of the beholder.

Yeah though Anne bungled the question about "Did Lureen know about Jack and Ennis", the vote was interesting - the studio audience thought she did know but Anne and Jake thought she didn't.  Very interesting.

Annie Proulx has said that she never went on the movie set when they were filming and didn't see the film until last September.  But Diana Ossana (co-screenwriter) was a producer and was on the set so they could have had many discussions.     

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
SAG Awards airing Sunday January 29th at 7pm ET on TBS and TNT. Check out the live thread here: http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=920.0

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
I got it.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline coguaro

• Jack + Ennis
Just saw Oprah interview... that's incredible I didn't saw Ledger and Gyllenhaal but Ennis and Jack... I cant separate actors to the characters...

un bacio
coguaro
I swear... I will never mistake again...

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
Re: BBM TV Alerts (Next: SAG Awards Sunday January 29th)
« Reply #55 on: Jan 29, 2006, 05:24 PM »
The Today show interview on January 31st with BBM cast CANCELLED  :'(

update: I should say it appears to be cancelled since its not listed on their website for upcoming shows.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2006, 07:08 PM by ennisandjack »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #56 on: Jan 29, 2006, 05:25 PM »

:'( :'( :'(
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #57 on: Jan 29, 2006, 06:01 PM »

It's probably for the best.  Marketing wise there is a long time between Oscar Nominations and the end of the balloting period and they want to maintain a high level of interest in BBM.  Films can peak too early and the public and Academy voters lose interest.  Remember BBM will have been in theatres for two months when Academy voters get their ballots - that is a long run.  And once Nominations are announced, all the nominated films will be back in theatres running again.

Oscar Nominations will be announced on Tuesday January 31st (5:30 am PST) and Ballots will be mailed to Academy voters by February 8th.  Balloting doesn't end until 5 pm on February 28th.  You don't want to saturate the market with BBM too early.  Besides some of the cast are working on other movies so it maybe difficult to schedule them.   I have faith in James Schamus and his team, they've done a remarkable job so far.

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #58 on: Jan 29, 2006, 06:22 PM »
The reason people believe it is cancelled is because its not listed on their site for upcoming shows. I guess it wouldn't hurt to double check but it would seem unusual for it not to be listed. Here's the link to the site and the upcoming shows section: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

But yeah it did seem like odd timing. Maybe they were only tentatively having the cast on or shamus reconsidered the timing. Anyway, I'll post an update if I hear anything further.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2006, 07:09 PM by ennisandjack »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: BBM TV Alerts (post em all in here)
« Reply #59 on: Jan 31, 2006, 11:52 PM »