Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 646972 times)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1170 on: Jan 04, 2009, 03:13 PM »
"......I think he had in this mythic way, this ancient soul that was very ready at the moment to be part of the Universe and of the consciousness and I think he just came back for one last time to this world and was restless to go back to consciousness. I used to constantly tell Heath that in such a young body was such a wise soul and that was really unusual and it’s not easy. It’s not easy for you too, because part of your soul is ancient and it has such understanding and yet your hormones are young, your body is young and so it wants to play as a young puppy. This is your dilemma. Your dilemma is that your soul is ancient and your body is young.”
No doubt about it , he was a very special person...
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1171 on: Jan 05, 2009, 12:09 AM »
No doubt about it , he was a very special person...

So special, such major talent, yet so down-to-earth, so humanly accessible, so warmhearted to others.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1172 on: Jan 05, 2009, 10:05 AM »
So special, such major talent, yet so down-to-earth, so humanly accessible, so warmhearted to others.

kathy

Yes he was. I trully think he was one of the most amazing human beings on this planet. In Todd Haynes's words "we lost double, we lost triple. we lost a lot".
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Classic287

• Rambling man
  • Cassie
« Reply #1173 on: Jan 05, 2009, 10:27 AM »
I didn't know about Heath's death. That's very sad......
Let's go for a ride in the Rambler, it's got reclining seats ya know....

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1174 on: Jan 05, 2009, 12:50 PM »
?? ??    :ghug:
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1175 on: Jan 05, 2009, 11:48 PM »
The photos from Five Leaves, the beautifully truths spoken by Shakhur...it's all just so painful and beautiful to read.

The pictures of the engraved tables had already really gotten to me, and then to see Shakhur so eloquently sum up many of my own thoughts about who Heath was, what an ancient soul he is...well, I'm fighting tears from my desk at work now, and not very well... 

As the days trickle towards the 22nd, the magnitude of the loss is so amplified, but on the other hand, I think the love we all have for him similarly seems to grow and bloom.

I dunno.  It's all just very, very emotional right now.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1176 on: Jan 05, 2009, 11:52 PM »

???

Yes...I'm a little baffled, too.  I mean, I don't mean to sound accusatory, especially towards a great new member of the Brokie family, but I'm a tad curious as to how this awful news escaped you...it's just that it was so extensively covered in the media the globe over.

But, that said, I suppose not being so exposed to the media is not a bad thing at all...

And indeed -- it is very, very sad, you're right there.  :(  I am far from over it, and it's almost been a year.  :(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1177 on: Jan 06, 2009, 05:04 AM »
The photos from Five Leaves, the beautifully truths spoken by Shakhur...it's all just so painful and beautiful to read.

The pictures of the engraved tables had already really gotten to me, and then to see Shakhur so eloquently sum up many of my own thoughts about who Heath was, what an ancient soul he is...well, I'm fighting tears from my desk at work now, and not very well... 

As the days trickle towards the 22nd, the magnitude of the loss is so amplified, but on the other hand, I think the love we all have for him similarly seems to grow and bloom.

I dunno.  It's all just very, very emotional right now.

(((((Laura))))) you're so right, the pain grows but the love grows with it. With every new article and tribute I discover again and again how special Heath was, how unique and amazing he was. And it all gets me so emotional. There's nothing we can do about it but share our feelings and be here for each other.  :ghug:

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1178 on: Jan 06, 2009, 06:30 AM »
(((((Laura))))) you're so right, the pain grows but the love grows with it. With every new article and tribute I discover again and again how special Heath was, how unique and amazing he was. And it all gets me so emotional. There's nothing we can do about it but share our feelings and be here for each other.  :ghug:

:ghug: Keren :ghug:  Yes, that's pretty much all we can do; keep on supporting each other this way.  Thank goodness for all of you beautiful people...without your support, the sadness I still (and to some degree, always will) have, would be so, so much more unbearable. 

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1179 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Verne Troyer (Mini me) on Heath Ledger on UK Celebrity Big Brother 2009.

Here's a video:
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2009, 11:52 AM by keren_b »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1180 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Oh Keren, thats a wonderful video.  I read about this earlier and hoped it would appear on you tube so everyone could see it and hear what Verne has to say about Heath. He talks about him so sweetly and with such admiration and respect...and he's clearly still deeply affected by Heath and the short time he spent with him.

This is a slightly different version of that video, where Verne talks about the scribbled heart that he has tattooed on his hand, in memory of Heath.

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1181 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Heath has obviously made such a big impression on him, Verne thought he was so amazing. as did everyone who got to know him... Heath has touched so many people and so many lives.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1182 on: Jan 07, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Heath has obviously made such a big impression on him, Verne thought he was so amazing. as did everyone who got to know him... Heath has touched so many people and so many lives.

Yeah I think you're right Keren. Its lovely to hear about.

I think I basically reposted the same video...sorry about that...maybe I should remove it?  :-\\
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1183 on: Jan 07, 2009, 07:26 PM »
  The People's Choice Awards are on tonight, and Heath is up for Best Supporting Actor.  I think he's got it, because of the public's enthusiasm, but am still very leery of the Golden Globes and the Oscars.  The elite voters, there, may not like the pressure they surely feel, and so it's a possible hurt, yet again, if they go some other way, out of stubborness, because that would be the only reason for not giving credit where credit is due, for brilliant acting.  And all of this, coinciding with the time frame of last year's still haunting tragedy.  Am going to be very sad, if things don't go the way they should.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1184 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:11 PM »
This is the link for the People's Choice Awards nominees and later tonight they will display the winners:

http://www.pcavote.com/pca/show/nominees/

There is no Best Supporting Actor category at the PCA, Heath is nominated twice, Favorite Cast & On Screen Match up (with Christian Bale) TDK is nominated twice, Movie & Action Movie

The TV show starts at 9pm ET on CBS
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2009, 08:20 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1185 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:18 PM »
  Thanks, Chameau - they held off the results to the end, with TDK sweeping all 5 awards in nominated categories.  Very interesting, and maybe a sign of what's ahead, was that the audience went wild with enthusiasm.  Christian Bale ended by saying - "Thank-you, Heath" or "This is for you, Heath" but I can't remember which one, as I was so tired.  And now, the awards season has begun......

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1186 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:35 PM »
It was "...Here's to Heath."  :)

It seemed kind of rushed to me but I was happy to see it take all five categories.  ^f^
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1187 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:37 AM »
The results from the Peoples Choices Awards were posted there:

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=5723.msg872545#msg872545
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ynnaf

• Lureen
« Reply #1188 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:50 AM »
Ledger's friends to judge new actor's scholarship

An esteemed panel made up of Heath Ledger's close friends and peers has agreed to judge the winner of a US scholarship named in honour of the late Australian actor.

The Heath Ledger Scholarship will give an emerging Australian actor a boost in making it in Hollywood.

As well as $US10,000 ($14,000) and a return Qantas airfare to Los Angeles, the scholarship, organised by LA-based non-profit Australians in Film (AIF), will open doors for the actor to Hollywood studios and powerbrokers.

The judging panel includes Gregor Jordan, who directed Ledger in Ned Kelly, leading Hollywood casting agent Ann Fay, Australian actress Rachel Griffiths, and Hollywood producer and Ledger's first US-based agent, Steve Alexander.

Two of Ledger's high-profile exes, Naomi Watts and Michelle Williams, have thrown their support behind the scholarship.

Hugh Jackman, Deborra Lee Furness and Nicole Kidman also contributed as benefactors, along with corporate donors Qantas, Branding Iron, Loeb and Loeb, Showcast, and World Nomads.

"We are fortunate to have a judging panel and benefactors comprised of such leaders in the entertainment community who add immeasurably to the integrity and prestige of the scholarship," AIF president Susie Dobson said.

Nominations have closed and the winner will be announced next month.
"Because Rachel, Ann, Gregor and Steve worked with and knew Heath well, their presence adds a special personal dimension to the panel," said AIF board vice president and scholarship committee chairwoman Paula Paizes.

Ledger, 28, died from an accidental prescription drug overdose a year ago.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/08/2461916.htm?section=entertainment

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1189 on: Jan 08, 2009, 10:09 AM »
To make it on the right topic, the results of the People's Choice Awards are posted there (these are good news  x***x)

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=5723.msg872652#msg872652
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1190 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:57 PM »
OMG the chess table , the heart, the interview OMG
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1191 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:05 PM »
I accidentally ran into the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly with a special double issue of "Best and Worst of 2008" and to my surprise, I saw these. I was then brought back to that tragic day with tears.  :ghug:

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1192 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:17 AM »
Ledger wins supporting actor award in US

Heath Ledger has won American critics' best supporting actor award for his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight .

The latest Batman film also won best action movie at this year's Critics' Choice Awards.

The crowd rose to its feet as the film's director, Christopher Nolan , accepted the award for Ledger.

"I can't presume to speak for him. His voice was as unique as it was original," said Nolan, adding that working with the actor "was one of the greatest experiences any of us ever had or will have".

"His contributions to cinema should be greatly appreciated," Nolan said, "so thanks for this appreciation."

Ledger, who died of an accidental drug overdose in January 2008, is red hot favourite to win a Golden Globe for best supporting actor on Monday, according to Las Vegas bookmakers.

Slumdog Millionaire won five prizes at the Critics' Choice Awards, including best picture and honours for director Danny Boyle, writer Simon Beaufoy, star Dev Patel and composer AR Rahman.

Sean Penn was another double winner, earning best actor honours and sharing the acting-ensemble prize for Milk .

Kate Winslet was named best supporting actress for The Reader, while Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep tied for best actress for Rachel Getting Married and Doubt respectively.

The 14th annual Critics' Choice Awards, presented by the Broadcast Film Critics Association at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on Thursday, honoured cinematic excellence in 17 categories.

The group, which represents more than 200 TV, radio and online critics from the United States and Canada, founded the Critics' Choice Awards in 1995.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1193 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:24 AM »
I accidentally ran into the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly with a special double issue of "Best and Worst of 2008" and to my surprise, I saw these. I was then brought back to that tragic day with tears.  :ghug:

:ghug: Ethan  :ghug:  Yes, I can imagine how that could transport you back to that sad, sad day.   :ghug:  Especially because that beautiful tribute in the magazine is your very own, if I'm not mistaken...

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1194 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:13 AM »
:ghug: Ethan  :ghug:  Yes, I can imagine how that could transport you back to that sad, sad day.   :ghug:  Especially because that beautiful tribute in the magazine is your very own, if I'm not mistaken...

Thanks, Laura. Yes it was. I could remember each footstep I took to go there and finally lay the tribute. The good thing was I knew I was accompanied by all the brokies. 
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1195 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Christopher Nolan accepting the Critics' Choice Award for Heath.

I was a puddle of proudest tears watching this...   :\'(

%) Heath sweetie.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #1196 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:57 AM »
*Tearful*  But why oh why does he have to win these much deserved accolades in absentia?  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1197 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:23 PM »
 :ghug: Ethan  :ghug: Laura  :ghug:

Thanks for the photo and the link. Christopher Nolan spoke so beautifully and touchingly. I hope Dark Knight receives more awards, and they all get to speak from the heart as he did.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1198 on: Jan 09, 2009, 02:22 PM »
The link has been removed from Youtube due to copyright issues :(
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1199 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:01 PM »
Ledger wins supporting actor award in US

Heath Ledger has won American critics' best supporting actor award for his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight .

The latest Batman film also won best action movie at this year's Critics' Choice Awards.

The crowd rose to its feet as the film's director, Christopher Nolan , accepted the award for Ledger.

"I can't presume to speak for him. His voice was as unique as it was original," said Nolan, adding that working with the actor "was one of the greatest experiences any of us ever had or will have".

"His contributions to cinema should be greatly appreciated," Nolan said, "so thanks for this appreciation."

Thank you for posting it Laura... :\'( :\'( I hope the video re-surfaces on youtube, I didn't have a chance to see it.