Brokeback Mountain Forum @ ennisjack.com
The Movie & Story => Characters, Quotes & Scenes => Topic started by: sweetlilg on Dec 29, 2005, 05:38 PM
-
jack >> sentimental
ennis >> mysterious
everyone's turn now.. yaay! ;D
-
Ennis --> lonesome
Jack --> daring/romantic
...at some point in the short story that's what touched me the most about them.
-
Ennis --> lonesome
Jack --> daring/romantic
...at some point in the short story that's what touched me the most about them.
and u nailed froggy!! ;)
-
Ennis : Quiet
Jack : Romantic (all the things with love)
-
Ennis : Quiet
Jack : Romantic (all the things with love)
I'd love a mix of both of them!!! Fussy me...no, never!
-
Ennis-> brooding
Jack-> dreamer, whimsical almost
-
Ennis=blocked
Jack=Catalyst
-
Ennis=blocked
Jack=Catalyst
Good choice of words. I can't think of anything at the moment...it is late. :)
-
Jack - assertive
Ennis - hopeless
-
Ennis--stoical
Jack--enthusiastic
Jack ---Hopeful
Ennis---stuck
-
jack >> sentimental
ennis >> mysterious
everyone's turn now.. yaay! ;D
jack-extrovert
ennis-introvert
-
Ennis is a hopeless romantic,
Jack is worse... Jack is a hopefull romantic.
...as someone once said: "I never can make up my mind which one is the handsomest. I was awake all last night just trying to figure it out."
Jim
-
Jack, Ying
Ennis, Yang
-
Jack, Ying
Ennis, Yang
Good one !
-
...as someone once said: "I never can make up my mind which one is the handsomest. I was awake all last night just trying to figure it out."
Jim
Talking about Jake Gyllenhall or Heat Ledger by themselves. Jake is the handsomest. Talking about the characters, Ennis stole my hearth, there are images of him on this movie where is is so beautyfull. The way he looks at Jack... Since, a per the test, I'm Jack, I find it normal to be attracted by Ennis. Not sure If I helped... ::)
-
...as someone once said: "I never can make up my mind which one is the handsomest. I was awake all last night just trying to figure it out."
Jim
Talking about Jake Gyllenhall or Heat Ledger by themselves. Jake is the handsomest. Talking about the characters, Ennis stole my hearth, there are images of him on this movie where is is so beautyfull. The way he looks at Jack... Since, a per the test, I'm Jack, I find it normal to be attracted by Ennis. Not sure If I helped... ::)
"Heat" I like that. What a perfect Freudian slip!! I got to agree with you about Jack being the more handsome, Ennis being the more masculine. but it's the two of them together; that really makes the movie... Jake makes Heath look so good and Heath makes Jake look so good. They have that energy together. And when they embrace and lock lips... if sure is convincing for me. In the book, Anne describes them as "clinched groin, thighs, chests, and treading on eachother's toes." If they were any closer they would be behind eachother.
Jim
-
"Heat" I like that. What a perfect Freudian slip!!
HA, HA, HA, HA, HA! Good one! I'm the King of the typos. Even the Spell Check was fooled. ;D
Heath is hot, for sure! :P
Pierre
-
Jack, Ying
Ennis, Yang
Good one !
Yeah, but that's backwards, silly goose.
Ennis, yin
Jack, yang
-
Jack, firecracker
Ennis, earplugs
-
Jack :) :-* :D ;D ;) 8) :P
Ennis >:( :( :o ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :'(
-
Jack, firecracker
Ennis, earplugs
perfection!
Jim
-
Jack :) :-* :D ;D ;) 8) :P
Ennis >:( :( :o ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :'(
hahahahaha!!
-
Quote from: zhuzi on Today at 05:32:50pm
Jack, firecracker
Ennis, earplugs
perfection!
Jim
Firecracker, excellent!
earplugs? my limitated frog brain don't get it. ???
froggy, help!
-
Quote from: zhuzi on Today at 05:32:50pm
Jack, firecracker
Ennis, earplugs
perfection!
Jim
Firecracker, excellent!
earplugs? my limitated frog brain don't get it. ???
froggy, help!
to stop hearing Jack's armonica
-
Duh!
I'm the one frog with the blonde wig now! ;D
-
Quote from: zhuzi on Today at 05:32:50pm
Jack, firecracker
Ennis, earplugs
perfection!
Jim
Firecracker, excellent!
earplugs? my limitated frog brain don't get it. ???
froggy, help!
to stop hearing Jack's armonica
... or to stop hearing Jack asking him to 'come away'. Sadly, now no earplugs could ever block out Jack's voice calling to Ennis because the voice comes from within...
Jim
-
Jack, R&B
Ennis, Taps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taps)
-
Jack, R&B
Ennis, Taps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taps)
LOL! ;D
-
Ennis - Laconic
Jack - Idealistic
-
Jack, Peter Parker (http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=tobey+mcguire&btnG=Search)
Ennis, Nicholas Nickleby (http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=charlie+hunnam&btnG=Search)
;D
-
Jack--vulnerable
Ennis--constrained
Jack--Cathy
Ennis--Heathcliff (sorry, couldn't resist that one, from Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights--they are frantically in love but doomed not to be happy together, and Heath was named after this character!)
-
Thats another amazing story - so brooding. I love it. And a story where the landscape almost becomes a character in itself...
-
Jack: Fire
Ennis: Wood
Jack: Wood
Ennis: Fire
-
Jack: Fire
Ennis: Wood
Jack: Wood
Ennis: Fire
Yes! and this one reminds me of another:
Jack: Fire
Ennis: Blood
(see the Indigo Girls' song "Blood and Fire":
Blood and fire
Are too much for these restless arms to hold.
And my nights of desire are calling me,
Back to your fold.
And I am calling you, calling you from 10,000 miles away
Won't you wet my fire with your love, babe?)
:)
-
Jack...............Fire
Ennis..............Ice
-
Jack...............Fire
Ennis..............Ice
Or Bourbon and Ice...
-
Jack: Scotch...
Ennis: .. on the rocks
-
Jack: Scotch...
Ennis: .. on the rocks
hahaha
Jack: Vodka
Ennis: Martini
Froggy...with a twist!
-
Funny!
-
Jack: Scotch...
Ennis: .. on the rocks
hahaha
Jack: Vodka
Ennis: Martini
Froggy...with a twist!
Stirred but not shaken!
-
I prefer it
Straight Up
-
We're crazy! :P
O.k. I'm off topic now!
-
Jack: anticipation
Ennis: resolution
-
Ennis = Pensive
Jack = Yearning
Jack & Ennis = Eternal
-
Ennis = wanting
Jack = needing
-
I'm not sure...
Sweet & sour?
Jack: sweet
Ennis: sour
-
Jack = Melody
Ennis = Harmony
Jack + Ennis = The song
-
Jack: Sashimi
Ennis: Sticky Rice
Jack + Ennis = Sushi (they are delicious)
-
Jack: Sashimi
Ennis: Sticky Rice
Jack + Ennis = Sushi (they are delicious)
Yummy!
Sushi rocks, but California rolls.
hee haw
Jim
-
jack: longing
ennis: empty
-
Ennis: The Lonely Island
Jack: The Sea
Jack+Ennis = The Beach
Peace,
Frank
-
Jack: Sashimi
Ennis: Sticky Rice
Jack + Ennis = Sushi (they are delicious)
Yummy!
Sushi rocks, but California rolls.
hee haw
Jim
The Californian sushi is my favourite...Wasabi anyone???
-
Ennis: The Lonely Island
Jack: The Sea
Jack+Ennis = The Beach
Peace,
Frank
How apt. One of the best comparisons I've seen!
-
Ennis: Lock
Jack: Key
-
Ethan,
not going near that one...
Jim
:)
-
Jack = Melody
Ennis = Harmony
Jack + Ennis = The song
I love it, jimnick ! That says it all !
Stephan
-
Ennis: Roughhewn
Jack: Smooth
Ennis: Grit
Jack: Shine
-
Ennis: The Lonely Island
Jack: The Sea
Jack+Ennis = The Beach
Peace,
Frank
I am not sure... but I think Ang Lee might have had a hand with this next one:
Ennis: Milk
Jack: Honey
Jack+Ennis: Love potion
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
-
Well since it seems to be about food at mo, what about...
Ennis: Sugar
Jack: Spice
-
Ennis = Makaw
Jack = Makaw
I heard they pair for life. And one dies....... if another dies
-
Ennis = Makaw
Jack = Makaw
I heard they pair for life. And one dies....... if another dies
:'(
-
Well since it seems to be about food at mo, what about...
Ennis: Sugar
Jack: Spice
... and I guess...
Ennis+Jack: Everything Nice!!!
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
-
Sun
Moon
They are very rarely visible in the sky together at the same time.
The Sun is sovereign of the day, light and growth.
The Moon is regent of the night, tides and moods.
The light from the Moon comes from the Sun.
The Moon can eclipse the Sun.
-
Sun
Moon
They are very rarely visible in the sky together at the same time.
The Sun is sovereign of the day, light and growth.
The Moon is regent of the night, tides and moods.
The light from the Moon comes from the Sun.
The Moon can eclipse the Sun.
Beautiful..thankx
-
Sun
Moon
They are very rarely visible in the sky together at the same time.
The Sun is sovereign of the day, light and growth.
The Moon is regent of the night, tides and moods.
The light from the Moon comes from the Sun.
The Moon can eclipse the Sun.
Beautiful..thankx
Yes very beautifull :'(
-
Puppies
When they were rolling around grappling, they looked like puppies - you know how they "play fight"?
-
Ennis: White Horse
Jack: Black Horse
Ennis+Jack: Like The Wind
Peace,
Frank
-
Ennis: Egg
&
Jack: Dart
(Egg and Dart molding, can't just have Eggs)
-
Jack: Honey
Ennis : Lemon
I need'em both to cure my BBM flu
-
Ennis: Egg
&
Jack: Dart
(Egg and Dart molding, can't just have Eggs)
Well, I'll be... says a lot about what egg and dart moulding is all about now ... doesn't it?
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
-
Jack: Honey
Ennis : Lemon
I need'em both to cure my BBM flu
no cure for BBM sweetie, I told you, ;)
-
Ennis = rocky mountains
Jack = pacific ocean
coguaro
-
Jack: Honey
Ennis : Lemon
I need'em both to cure my BBM flu
no cure for BBM sweetie, I told you, ;)
ok darl'in
...... i will still have'em.
-
Howdy.
If you are Christian, please forgive me... it is only an interpretation and not blasphemy.
Ennis: Peter
Jack: Jesus
Ennis+Jack: Denial, Sacrifice and Forgiveness
Peace,
Frank
-
Ennis - Repressed
Jack - Smoldering
Ennis - close-fisted
Jack - open-fisted
-
Jack - Wind (light/strong, crisp, always moving)
Ennis - Windmill (remains still, without wind it means nothing)
-
Jack - Wind (light/strong, crisp, always moving)
Ennis - Windmill (remains still, without wind it means nothing)
Nice one... how about this one...
Ennis: Wings
Jack: Wind
Ennis+Jack: Wind Beneath my Wings
Peace,
Frank
-
Fated.
-
Fated.
Nice one. :D
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
-
Nice one... how about this one...
Ennis: Wings
Jack: Wind
Ennis+Jack: Wind Beneath my Wings
Beautiful, totally.
Fated.
Exactly...
-
Ennis: Question
Jack: Answer
-
Ennis: Silence
Jack: Desire
Jack+Ennis = Intense passion
-
Jack = Sun
Ennis = Earth
As long as there is Sun, Earth will have life. When Sun dies, Earth will cease to exist.
-
Jack: Spring
Ennis: Fall
-
Really like the last 3!
Thankx
-
Ennis + Jack = "lips"
u see they have to tough each other if the words have to come out.
And like movie where they hardly talk but close to each other - lips when not in talk mode - they are close to each other.
aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggg. someone save me. I'am going nuts here. ??? ::)
-
Ennis + Jack = "lips"
u see they have to tough each other if the words have to come out.
And like movie where they hardly talk but close to each other - lips when not in talk mode - they are close to each other.
aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggg. someone save me. I'am going nuts here. ??? ::)
Aaaaargh too :P
-
Ennis + Jack = "lips"
u see they have to tough each other if the words have to come out.
And like movie where they hardly talk but close to each other - lips when not in talk mode - they are close to each other.
aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggg. someone save me. I'am going nuts here. ??? ::)
Aaaaargh too :P
How about
*smooch*
does that make the two lips better?
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
-
Ennis: defeated :'(
Jack: twist
You probably think I've been a bit lazy with the latter, but 'twist' is a term used by bullriders to describe a particular quality of character. It means
'the strength of the thighs and butt muscles that a bull rider has to have in order to stay on the bull'
quoted from a discussion I found on Google Groups about the term 'twist'. Full thread here:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.arts.books/browse_thread/thread/fdc08f01834dae4/6486609acd94c161?
I thnik that all through Brokeback, Jack definitely shows 'twist'. He's the one that shows the strength to hang on in, that keeps believing in his dreams even when time after time they get shredded in front of him...
-
Jack Twist: dreamer
Ennis Delmar: unspoken tenderness
-
Ennis: Scrump
Jack: Dillyicious
(for those who don't know...DairyQueen's concoction of ice cream on a stick covered in dark chocolate, it was Scrumpdillyicious on the commericals)
-
Ennis: bestial (brutish)
Jack: passionate
Merry
-
Jack: Wind
Ennis: Cloud
-
Ennis....Captain Hero (hetero on the outside...}
Jack.....Foxxy Love (up for anything)
Those in the know will know!
-
Ennis + Jack = "lips"
u see they have to tough each other if the words have to come out.
And like movie where they hardly talk but close to each other - lips when not in talk mode - they are close to each other.
aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggg. someone save me. I'am going nuts here. ??? ::)
Aaaaargh too :P
How about
*smooch*
does that make the two lips better?
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
Jack Nasty
you saved me..........
i was just looking for the right word......... why did it not strike me!!!
>:( >:( >:(
::) ::)
-bbmlover
-
& this is for Jack Nasty....... :-* :-* :-* :-*
LUV U
-
& this is for Jack Nasty....... :-* :-* :-* :-*
LUV U
Mightily obliged, m'am *blush*... ain't no skin off my nose, but a gotta tell ya I'm saving myself for Ennis!
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
-
Ennis : labrador
Jack : peacock
-
Ennis : labrador
Jack : peacock
;D
-
Ennis : labrador
Jack : peacock
hahahahaha..Jack a peacock! So true!!!
-
Ennis: Loner
Jack: Darer
-
Ennis: Truth
Jack: Dare
-
Ennis: Truth
Jack: Dare
Ennis: hide
Jack: seek
-
Ennis: Truth
Jack: Dare
Ennis: hide
Jack: seek
Frog that is a terrific analogy!
-
Ennis: Truth
Jack: Dare
Ennis: hide
Jack: seek
Frog that is a terrific analogy!
Sad though!
-
Ennis = Desert
Jack = Rain
Ennis & Jack = Oasis [/color]
This came to me while listening to "Missing" by Everything But The Girl... I came up with my own BBM music video in my head, but have no way to arrange it on my computer. :-[
-
Ennis = Desert
Jack = Rain
Ennis & Jack = Oasis [/color]
This came to me while listening to "Missing" by Everything But The Girl... I came up with my own BBM music video in my head, but have no way to arrange it on my computer. :-[
Good one, BBM Obseseed. Love that glow. :D
-
Ennis = Desert
Jack = Rain
Ennis & Jack = Oasis [/color]
This came to me while listening to "Missing" by Everything But The Girl... I came up with my own BBM music video in my head, but have no way to arrange it on my computer. :-[
This was beautiful.......
-
jack + ennis = "love redefined"
....... is it 2 words? But thats what they did to me.
-
& this is for Jack Nasty....... :-* :-* :-* :-*
LUV U
Mightily obliged, m'am *blush*... ain't no skin off my nose, but a gotta tell ya I'm saving myself for Ennis!
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
...ha ha ha....... ;D ;D ;D.......... "ME"......... i take in only "JACK"
-
jack = crouching
ennis = hidden
i just stole this from awards section. I liked it.
-
Rodeo
-
Rodeo
That's a good one, though I'm not sure about the username... :o
-
> ... I'm not sure about the username.
I explained it in the thread:
'Do you think that Jack was gay? Or straight, but in love?'
because that's where I was first asked about it.
-
> ... I'm not sure about the username.
I explained it in the thread:
'Do you think that Jack was gay? Or straight, but in love?'
because that's where I was first asked about it.
Don't worry, I was just being flippant. Given my username, it made me a little nervous... ;)
-
Ennis-trapped
Jack-seductive
-
Ennis: Apple
Jack: Peach
Ennis & Jack: Pear (the pair)
-
Ennis: Apple
Jack: Peach
Ennis & Jack: Pear (the pair)
Please stop squeezing the "fruits" .... analogy.... it is hitting a bit low... don't you think? (lol)
Peace,
Frank
-
Ennis: lost (always lost when not with Jack)
Jack: found (he knew what he'd found in Ennis)
Ennis and Jack: soulmates
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
-
Ennis: Apple
Jack: Peach
Ennis & Jack: Pear (the pair)
Please stop squeezing the "fruits" .... analogy.... it is hitting a bit low... don't you think? (lol)
Peace,
Frank
It all comes from within. Get your mind out of the gutter, Frank!
:)
Jim
-
Ennis & Jack: Cowboy'd Up
-
Ennis = Earth
Jack = Heaven
-
Ennis = Earth
Jack = Heaven
Oh bubbaluna, me likes that a lot. However after last night I think (Jack) Jake is even higher than that.
Tom
-
Ennis: lost (always lost when not with Jack)
Jack: found (he knew what he'd found in Ennis)
Ennis and Jack: soulmates
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
WOW......... fabulous
-
a little <OT> guys!
;)
-
Howdy.
Ennis: Captive
Jack: Escape
Ennis+Jack: Release
Peace,
Frank (aka Jack Nasty)
-
Jack: Teacher
Ennis: Teacher's Pet
-
Jack: Teacher
Ennis: Teacher's Pet
;D
-
Jack: Teacher
Ennis: Teacher's Pet
I like that one :D
???
Jim! I just realized your a Jack now!
Wo! Wo!
Yeeeaw! ;D
-
Ennis > > Kindeling
Jack > > Sparks
-
Ennis = Jack = human beings
-
I like that..they are both defently human beings..
-
succulent
-
Ennis & Jack = One
-
Ennis & Jack = One
Ennis & Jack = One world!
-
Ennis = Incredible
Jack = Edible
-
Ennis = Incredible
Jack = Edible
hahahahahaha!!! edible! Can I use that for Ennis too? LOL
-
Ennis = Incredible
Jack = Edible
hahahahahaha!!! edible! Can I use that for Ennis too? LOL
Agreed! They're both delicious! ;)
-
Ennis = Incredible
Jack = Edible
hahahahahaha!!! edible! Can I use that for Ennis too? LOL
Agreed! They're both delicious! ;)
Agree! my best friend was here tonight, had to take an ice pack from the freezer to cool him down (after I shown him all the pix from Heath and Jake) :P
-
Jack: passionate
Ennis: lonely
-
Ennis - repressed
Jack - gregarious
-
Ennis = Fear
Jack = Hope :'(
-
Ennis and Jack in onr word?
Jennis !! ;)
-
Ennis and Jack in onr word?
Jennis !! ;)
Or Ennack? ;)
-
Two men faces
going outside and inside
-
Ennis = haunted
Jack = hopeful
-
Ennis-regrets
Jack-passionate
-
Jack: Teacher
Ennis: Teacher's Pet
:o :o :o :o :o :o Moses!!!! what tha?
-
Jack - Sun
Ennis - Moon
-
Ennis-thunder
Jack- lightning
-
"Star-crossed"?
-
Ennis = ALONE
Jack = LONELY
-
Ennis = ALONE
Jack = LONELY
Good one!
I'm glad this thread woke up :)
Please, take time to read the old posts here. ;)
-
predestained. ^-^
-
Ennis: Lock
Jack: Key
This one is great!
-
Ennis- Homeless
Jack- Home
-
Ennis - Fear
Jack - Love
-
Ennis - Thread
Jack - Needle
E+J - Tapestry
-
Ennis - Clench
Jack - Caress
-
...as someone once said: "I never can make up my mind which one is the handsomest. I was awake all last night just trying to figure it out."
Jim
Scarlett O'Hara, right? :) Personally, Jack's the one who has my heart. I love everything about him. <^(
Jack = Romantic
Ennis = Cautious
-
Jack = Melody
Ennis = Harmony
Jack + Ennis = The song
Perfect!!!
-
Jack = confident
Ennis = dejected
-
Jack - Dreams
Ennis - Nightmares
-
Jack - Dreams
Ennis - Nightmares
Interesting.
For Ennis in the end, sometimes it would be sweet dreams, and sometimes, nightmares...