Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642726 times)

Offline BBMsheep

• Jack + Ennis
  • Little Darlin'
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1680 on: Jun 25, 2014, 02:05 AM »
Thank you Keren.
It could be like this - just like this - always

Later, that dozy embrace solidified in his memory as the single moment of artless, charmed happiness in their separate and difficult lives. Annie Proulx

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1681 on: Jun 25, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Everyone who ever worked with him or got to know him mentions how down-to-earth, genuine, friendly and casual he was - no attitude, no special demands, never making a big deal of himself. He never let the success go to his head, never thought he deserved special treatment. He was just another guy, or so he thought.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1682 on: Jun 25, 2014, 01:42 PM »
That was a very sweet thing to do. It always overwhelms me to see how deeply Heath has touched everybody around him.

not just another guy !!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1683 on: Jun 26, 2014, 06:42 PM »
I only found this now. Last January, 6 years to the day Heath has left us, photographer Robert Sebree posted some photos he took of Heath and his memories of Heath from that photoshoot.

http://sebreephoto.com/2014/01/22/heath-ledger/

:_(
How is it possible after all these years,
photos of Heath still bring tears?
Will the pain never end?
Will the grief never cease?  
This must be how Ennis felt,
Looking at the two shirts,
Year after year.
I swear.
:_(
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2014, 06:49 PM by lancecowboy »
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1684 on: Aug 04, 2015, 03:51 AM »
Everyone who ever worked with him or got to know him mentions how down-to-earth, genuine, friendly and casual he was - no attitude, no special demands, never making a big deal of himself. He never let the success go to his head, never thought he deserved special treatment. He was just another guy, or so he thought.

Have only just read this article, what a wonderful tribute to Heath this is.....giving us an insight into how he is with people, and it's what we all thought, that he always tried to be "normal", down to earth and not abuse his status, and this is highlighted here, when the photographer recalls Heath turning up on his own, without the normal entourage you would expect from a very high profile actor. 

"and we had a good day because Heath Ledger was a good guy"...... :_( :_( :_(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline youbet

• Alma Jr.
  • No more beans
« Reply #1685 on: Aug 04, 2015, 09:48 AM »
You can check the recent interviews that came out in july "brokeback mountain 10 years of oral history" ...the cast and crew share their bbm experience, memories and of course they talk about heath.

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2015/7/28/brokeback-mountain-10-years-oral-history

Tell you what . . .  Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1686 on: Aug 06, 2015, 03:38 AM »
You can check the recent interviews that came out in july "brokeback mountain 10 years of oral history" ...the cast and crew share their bbm experience, memories and of course they talk about heath.

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2015/7/28/brokeback-mountain-10-years-oral-history

This is a fantastic article, and a beautiful tribute to BBM.  I loved reading everyone's thoughts about their experiences.  In particular, Diana Ossana's reflection on the scene when Ennis visits Jack's childhood home.

That day was so intense, oh my lord. And it was very intense for Heath. They did the takes over and over and over, and at a certain point Heath came down and said, “How am  I doing, how am I doing?” And I looked at him and said, “You’re making me cry,” and he got so overwhelmed by emotion that he ran out of the building into the dark. I ran after him and asked if he was OK, and he said, “I just need to be alone for a little bit.” And then he came back about 30 minutes later and did the scene again. Actors like that don’t come along very often in one’s lifetime.

:_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1687 on: Sep 14, 2015, 09:25 PM »

%&) (t) :( :_(

O why?! I read the article. And it's like a faucet. Every anecdote of Heath just emphasized the absence of Heath. Like the giant tree fell in the middle of a forest, leaving a huge empty gap, a space yearning to be filled, an emptiness more poignant than the substance surrounding it.

Thank you for sharing the link. Anne Hathaway hit it right on the head. Heath was one of the greatest actor there ever was and few of his equal would come again.  :_(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #1688 on: Sep 30, 2015, 02:59 AM »
oh my she DOES look like him...  <^(

thank you hpv  ^f^
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1689 on: Apr 02, 2016, 12:37 PM »
Can't remember if I posted this one before...

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1690 on: May 01, 2016, 01:33 PM »
I found this article from 3 years ago, I was so touched by the things Kate said about the strong bond between them, and how she cries every time she sees Matilda because she reminds her of Heath so much. I can't imagine what it had been like for her to lose him... still is. :_(

Kate Ledger: 'I miss Heath everyday'
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/books-magazines/kate-ledger-author/story-fn9412vp-1226602500753

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1691 on: Jul 23, 2016, 01:50 PM »
Director Todd Haynes talks about Heath

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1692 on: Jul 27, 2016, 01:07 PM »
I wasn't completely sure where to post this but eventually decided on this thread. It's about the video that Heath had directed for Modest Mouse - or at least began to direct, I don't know how far he got into it before he died. I thought it's an interesting review.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1617556/modest-mouse-get-ugly-in-heath-ledger-directed-king-rat-video/

The video itself is very disturbing and hard to watch, but I suppose that was Heath's (and the band's) intention - to raise awareness by shocking people and making them take a look at what we're actually doing. This is the video on youtube:

In the credits they mentioned Heath as the director and they wrote "this began with our friend, a great defender of life, and was completed in his spirit".

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1693 on: Nov 26, 2016, 06:55 PM »
There's going to be an exhibition of some of Heath's treasured personal belongings next year. I heard word that it will include some of the photos he took, as he always carried a camera with him. Now that's something I wish I could see.
His dad said that they had thought he should have won an Oscar for his role in BBM... I totally agree.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2253527/heath-ledgers-dad-pays-tribute-to-tragic-actor-ahead-of-exhibition-of-personal-belongings-nine-years-after-his-death/