Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642761 times)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #630 on: Mar 16, 2008, 05:17 PM »
oh  :ghug:

i dont think the pain will ever go away but it will get better

I know,Emelie, :t)  ; but one always falls by reading or listening things that remind us He's no longer with us...     :ghug: 
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #631 on: Mar 16, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Todd Haynes dedicates Robert Altman Award to Heath Ledger

Oh God!  :\'(

Thanks for posting little darlin'  :^^)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jessicat80

• For every Jack, there's an
  • Ennis
  • until we meet again
« Reply #632 on: Mar 16, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Really wonderful,but heartbreaking and so sad...Why does all this hurt so much still?  :\'(

I'm sure this has been posted many times, but I think it was said best in the tribute article written in this month's The Advocate, that wrote while others are thinking of the disappointing loss of an entertainer and concerned with the box office of Batman, the fans of Brokeback Mountain are still mourning the loss of a family member. It's ok that it hurts this much, it's how we honor the life he had. But we can't let it hold us down, we need to continue on; that's how we honor the life he should still have.

Sometimes... I just really miss my friend though.
"I’d rather live in his world…..than live without him….in mine."                                       (Midnight Train to Georgia)

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #633 on: Mar 16, 2008, 09:30 PM »
It's ok that it hurts this much, it's how we honor the life he had. But we can't let it hold us down, we need to continue on; that's how we honor the life he should still have.

Sometimes... I just really miss my friend though.

I second your emotion. I feel the same way. Heath was not a God, he was a man. He gave all he could while on this planet and I'm sure would not want to be lionized. Let us move on with his memory and his extraordinary gifts and know we are the better for having seen and felt them.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #634 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:25 PM »
Todd Haynes dedicates Robert Altman Award to Heath Ledger

Shit.  It just makes me curse, damnit.  I guess I'm in the "anger" phase.  Like life sucks, that this should happen, that we have Heath no more.

This is so beautiful, though, Todd Haynes to do this.  Heath touched so many people so strongly.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline B_Mountain_Girl

• Jack
  • I'm in love with love
« Reply #635 on: Mar 17, 2008, 12:07 PM »
I couldn't watch it. When Todd Haynes started the speech, I lost it  :\'( :\'( :\'(
I watched it again later... then cried some more when I saw Cate fighting back tears.

I can feel the void more and more  :\'(

I love the dedication... Heath deserves it thousand time over, he did a great job in I'm not there.

Heath

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #636 on: Mar 17, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Todd Haynes words were so touching.. I can't help but cry watching and listening.

Without Heath Ledger in the past and in the present, there will be no other actor who will  ever be remembered his share of  craft in acting, his very own unique personality as an actor , his natural charisma as a person. his very own way of delivering himself to the audience in his speeches during special awards and events.  he is a "gem" in every lives he touches with his courageous performance in our epic of Brokeback Mountain... he is a "diamond" among his peers.....He is not just someone but an angel who is always with us in our memories  till eternally.

A face we can't forget....an angel ...a legend.

i cant agree well done.

more i am crying so much after that but what can we do he is still with us and im sure he is happy at the love and support we are all sending him in our thought and prayers, but more then anything im sure he does not want to cause us hurt we should grieva and mourn it is only natural but heath was so kind he would deffinatly want us to go on as normal and thats what i am trying to do some days are harder then others but reallyill cry when i need to but i wont stop my normal life heath wouldnt want that. (sorry i just repeated the same thing about 5 times)
 :ghug:

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #637 on: Mar 18, 2008, 02:54 PM »
i cant agree well done.

more i am crying so much after that but what can we do he is still with us and im sure he is happy at the love and support we are all sending him in our thought and prayers, but more then anything im sure he does not want to cause us hurt we should grieva and mourn it is only natural but heath was so kind he would deffinatly want us to go on as normal and thats what i am trying to do some days are harder then others but reallyill cry when i need to but i wont stop my normal life heath wouldnt want that. (sorry i just repeated the same thing about 5 times)

Yes. I know Heath won't let us grieve forever because he has left so much for us to cherish and remember.. but reading  those tributes for our baby turns me to cry.. mixed emotions of gladness and sadness.. glad because people all around the world acknowledge his craft with gusto,,  because his wings flew up there and rest in the arms of the angels.

There is only one actor like him to come in a  hundred years.. maybe none.
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #638 on: Mar 18, 2008, 03:08 PM »
Yes. I know Heath won't let us grieve forever because he has left so much for us to cherish and remember.. but reading  those tributes for our baby turns me to cry.. mixed emotions of gladness and sadness.. glad because people all around the world acknowledge his craft with gusto,,  because his wings flew up there and rest in the arms of the angels.

There is only one actor like him to come in a  hundred years.. maybe none.
i dont think there has ever been a person like heath before and im not sure there ever will be again.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #639 on: Mar 18, 2008, 03:10 PM »
i dont think there has ever been a person like heath before and im not sure there ever will be again.

no, there will never be another heath and im happy about that, no one can ever replace him :-\\ :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #640 on: Mar 19, 2008, 09:21 AM »
no, there will never be another heath and im happy about that, no one can ever replace him :-\\ :\'(

No other can ever replace our dearest Heath.. no one... I agree.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #641 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:15 AM »
yb found the Interview magazine article and asked me to post it here, for everyone to read.   Thanks yb.  ^f^

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #642 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:16 AM »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #643 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:16 AM »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #644 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:17 AM »

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #645 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:25 AM »
everyone loves him and they have great reason too he is possibly the greatest kindest man to have ever walked the earth,
im sad we cant see him for a while but i know we havnt seen the last of him and we will se him again.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #646 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:43 AM »
Oh My God, thank you yb and thank you Christie for posting it. Such a gift, to read these things from people who truly knew him and loved him. I feel such an enormous sense of loss reading that. :\'( :\'( :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #647 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Thank you for posting that christie. I'd just read it online and was coming to see if it had made its way here yet. :)

It really was so generous of all of them to express their thoughts about him and share them with the rest of us. Speaks volumes about the kind of person he was that these are the people he surrounded himself with. It makes me think of a line from A Knight's Tale:

"Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough." 
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #648 on: Mar 19, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Thanks for posting the article  :ghug:

Great quote Barb. I loved this one "... so everything was possible for him."  :\'(
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #649 on: Mar 19, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Thank you SO much for the article!!  :ghug:  :\'(  :ghug:

I was almost ready to cry when I read one of Todd Haynes quotes ~

" When I think about where Heath was headed - I don't know what would have happened, given his taletn. But I just feel so sad about what we're being deprived of and the work that he would have continued to bring to us. He just seems like he was on a different plane"

I try not to think about what would've happened if he was still with us but then when I read something like this, it always comes right back to me like a ton of bricks  :\'(  :\'(
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #650 on: Mar 19, 2008, 02:18 PM »

" When I think about where Heath was headed - I don't know what would have happened, given his taletn. But I just feel so sad about what we're being deprived of and the work that he would have continued to bring to us. He just seems like he was on a different plane"

I try not to think about what would've happened if he was still with us but then when I read something like this, it always comes right back to me like a ton of bricks  :\'(  :\'(

I know, it's really hard. I find myself smiling at the tributes and lovely things said about him, but at the same time, there's an unbearable sadness about them....

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #651 on: Mar 19, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I know, it's really hard. I find myself smiling at the tributes and lovely things said about him, but at the same time, there's an unbearable sadness about them....

yer i agree i think most people will too

babytammy7

« Reply #652 on: Mar 19, 2008, 02:39 PM »
Thank you so much for this Christie and YB!!! It's wonderful and very heartbreaking.

I just love how Heath was good in everything he did. He was a very talented man, so amazing. He was awesome but I know he could have been the greatest actor in the world.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #653 on: Mar 19, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Thank you Christine, this is priceless. :)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #654 on: Mar 19, 2008, 05:53 PM »

Thank you very much Chris,for sharing it with us.It´s really wonderful... :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #655 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:14 PM »
Thank you christie, I am touched by all the tributes but most of all, this gem from Sara Cline,

I feel as though Heath has sort of slowly and quietly taken all of the people in his life that meant something to him, picked them up, and set them on this invisible road that's only become known in his passing. We're all kind of standing on it saying, "Well here we are." And we have no choice but to walk forward to do so together.

Although I don't feel the privilege of being put on the invisible road by Heath, I do feel the same sense of purpose that says, here we are, we have no choice but to follow. It's the same force that drew us here to the forum after Brokeback Mountain. Heath has a way with whispering that shout louder than thunder, that we cannot ignore.

Thanks for putting the tributes, Christie.

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #656 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Thank you Cristie for sharing it with us.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #657 on: Mar 20, 2008, 12:12 AM »

Me, too, Lis.  "Like a ton of bricks."  Reading this earlier tonight (another friend sent me scanned copies also), I just had to stop for a while, come back to it later.  What a huge loss...

I adore the "pregnant" Heath pic!

(I was at Borders earlier tonight, but they still had last month's issue, so I'm glad I get to read the posted version anyway.  And speaking of which, I never got the Advocate, either.  Will someone scan and post that, also?  I don't believe it has been, has it?)

I love every single thing that everyone said, but I really like this, by Sara Cline, which speaks to us:  In his absence, I feel as though Heath has sort of slowly and quietly taken all of the people in his life that meant something to him, picked them up, and sat them on this invisible road that's only become known in his passing.  We're all kind of standing on it saying, "Well here we are."  And we have no choice but to walk forward and to do so together.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #658 on: Mar 20, 2008, 04:06 AM »
Thank you christie, I am touched by all the tributes but most of all, this gem from Sara Cline,

Although I don't feel the privilege of being put on the invisible road by Heath, I do feel the same sense of purpose that says, here we are, we have no choice but to follow. It's the same force that drew us here to the forum after Brokeback Mountain. Heath has a way with whispering that shout louder than thunder, that we cannot ignore.
Thanks for putting the tributes, Christie.

You're all really welcome.  :)   Thanks should go to yb too for finding the article and asking me to post it. 

I love this quote too, Lance, and I love your response to it, especially:  Heath has a way with whispering that shout louder than thunder, that we cannot ignore

That's lovely.   ^f^

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #659 on: Mar 20, 2008, 04:40 AM »
Lovely tributes. Thanks to yb for finding it and Christie for posting :^^)
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.