Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642692 times)

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #750 on: Apr 29, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Heartbreak mountain

http://xinkaishi.typepad.com/a_new_start/2008/02/ft-heartbreak-m.html

"The message of King Lear, and of Brokeback Mountain, is that we must all have our hearts broken. In some strange way, these profound works do not merely convey but also enact that message; they perform a homeopathic heartbreak that leaves us miraculously breathing, more deeply and richly than before.

If only Heath Ledger had not had to break our hearts again, in a room in Manhattan, not a film-set or a stage."

:\'( :\'( :\'(

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #751 on: Apr 29, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Heartbreak mountain

"The message of King Lear, and of Brokeback Mountain, is that we must all have our hearts broken. In some strange way, these profound works do not merely convey but also enact that message; they perform a homeopathic heartbreak that leaves us miraculously breathing, more deeply and richly than before.

If only Heath Ledger had not had to break our hearts again, in a room in Manhattan, not a film-set or a stage."

OMG :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

babytammy7

« Reply #752 on: Apr 29, 2008, 03:13 PM »
Heartbreak mountain

Damn.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #753 on: Apr 29, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Heartbreak mountain

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug: :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #754 on: Apr 29, 2008, 09:05 PM »

Heartbreak mountain

That was a beautiful but heart-wrenching article...I just can't get over the last sentence  :\'(  :\'(
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #755 on: Apr 29, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Heartbreak mountain

Thank you, Keren.  A fine article.  And so true, and Ennis, about Heath...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #756 on: Apr 29, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Heartbreak mountain

Thank you, Keren. On a day, of all days, when I am already in the middle of PBS, reading this article was difficult through tears that flowed non-stop. The man is a fine writer who understands human nature and Brokeback Mountain, but most of all, Ennis Del Mar. I've managed to put Ennis behind my thoughts of Heath, and this article brought him front and center again, but not upstaging Heath, rather hand in hand, as Ang Lee said, Heath brought so much to Ennis. I was only thinking no more than an hour ago, that Heath really created the Ennis that we know...a man opaque to himself...the article is such a treasure. Thanks again.  :ghug: :\'(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #757 on: Apr 30, 2008, 07:50 AM »
You're welcome. I don't think the tears will ever end.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #758 on: Apr 30, 2008, 08:24 AM »
I don't think the tears will ever end.

That's for sure  :(
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #759 on: Apr 30, 2008, 08:35 AM »
 :ghug: Doesn't seem like it, does it?

That was a beautiful article.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #760 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:09 AM »
In Loving Tribute

Words Cannot Express

The Depths of Our Love

and How much We

Miss You.

Heath Andrew Ledger

1979 - 2008

I had finished filming ‘The Imaginarium…’

with Heath Ledger on 20th January,

and during all that time he was nothing but professional -

working into the small hours in the freezing cold,

clad only in satin, fighting flu, doing his own stunt work,

chilling out with the crew, viewing the rushes with Gilliam.

There was no star system and Heath was part

of the crew, helping out and working damned hard.

Besides that, Heath was caring and friendly,

and if you didn’t know him, you quickly grew to love him

because he had a genuine way of connecting with people.

I was totally enchanted by Heath’s performance,

and it was a pure joy to be around him.

(Baba Berni, London, April 15, 2008)

Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #761 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Beautiful words that reflect very well the way Heath was and how we imagine him; not being a star,but a humble and friendly person who gave a part of himself with every role.And what's more and better,with every person he met...Thanks for sharing it with us,White_angel¡  ^f^
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #762 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:28 AM »
‘Heath was spectacular’
By Bayani San Diego Jr.
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Posted date: March 26, 2008

MANILA, Philippines—No question about it, Heath Ledger was “hot.”

This is according to recent Manila visitor Crystal Bourbeau, a manager at Mandate International—a company of Lions Gate, which is behind Ledger’s last film.

Bourbeau is among the few who have seen footage of the late actor’s performance in “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.”

“Heath was spectacular,” said Bourbeau. “He had always been a wonderful actor, but especially so in this film. It would be a tragedy not to share this movie with the world.”

Ledger had been working on the flick in London when he passed away suddenly in his New York apartment in January.

Production was thrown into a quandary. “The film is split between reality and fantasy. Fortunately, Heath had finished all the reality scenes,” Bourbeau said. The creative team, led by director Terry Gilliam and producer Samuel Hadida, invited A-listers Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law to play “transformed” versions of Heath in the fantasy worlds.

“They jumped on board quickly,” Bourbeau said. As luck would have it, all three proved available for the shoot in Canada, which began this month.

“They are absolutely doing it for the love of Heath,” said Bourbeau.

“Thrilling,” she described the movie. “It reminded me of [Gilliam’s] ‘The Adventures of Baron Munchausen’ with its fabulous sets and costumes.”

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #763 on: Apr 30, 2008, 04:16 PM »
In Loving Tribute

Words Cannot Express

The Depths of Our Love

and How much We

Miss You.

Heath Andrew Ledger

1979 - 2008

I had finished filming ‘The Imaginarium…’

with Heath Ledger on 20th January,

and during all that time he was nothing but professional -

working into the small hours in the freezing cold,

clad only in satin, fighting flu, doing his own stunt work,

chilling out with the crew, viewing the rushes with Gilliam.

There was no star system and Heath was part

of the crew, helping out and working damned hard.

Besides that, Heath was caring and friendly,

and if you didn’t know him, you quickly grew to love him

because he had a genuine way of connecting with people.

I was totally enchanted by Heath’s performance,

and it was a pure joy to be around him.

(Baba Berni, London, April 15, 2008)

That's wonderful to read.   ^f^
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline jessicat80

• For every Jack, there's an
  • Ennis
  • until we meet again
« Reply #764 on: Apr 30, 2008, 04:25 PM »
That's wonderful to read.   ^f^

Yes, with so many awful negative stories fighting for publicity, it's nice to hear from the people that were really able to experience working with him...they were so lucky to live that experience :)
"I’d rather live in his world…..than live without him….in mine."                                       (Midnight Train to Georgia)

babytammy7

« Reply #765 on: Apr 30, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Thank you, Keren. On a day, of all days, when I am already in the middle of PBS, reading this article was difficult through tears that flowed non-stop. The man is a fine writer who understands human nature and Brokeback Mountain, but most of all, Ennis Del Mar. I've managed to put Ennis behind my thoughts of Heath, and this article brought him front and center again, but not upstaging Heath, rather hand in hand, as Ang Lee said, Heath brought so much to Ennis. I was only thinking no more than an hour ago, that Heath really created the Ennis that we know...a man opaque to himself...the article is such a treasure. Thanks again.  :ghug: :\'(

I understand you well, friend!! I could quote the whole article.

But Ennis Del Mar is not one of those cold heartbreakers. What makes him both irresistible and devastating is the depth of baffled tenderness in him; the love that he can only fitfully express in his relationship with Jack Twist but that shines through at the end of the film in his relationship with his daughter Alma Jr.

This is what Heath Ledger so marvellously conveys, in his slow-burning, laconic performance: a man struggling over the course of a whole life to come to terms, not so much with his sexuality (I do not see this only as a gay film but more universally as a film about blocked love) as with his tremendous need for love and, ultimately, with his ability to give love.

Finally, you feel, Ennis's heart is well and truly broken. And the broken-hearted Ennis will no longer be violent and uncomprehending in the face of love.

The message of King Lear , and of Brokeback Mountain , is that we must all have our hearts broken. In some strange way, these profound works do not merely convey but also enact that message; they perform a homeopathic heartbreak that leaves us miraculously breathing, more deeply and richly than before.

If only Heath Ledger had not had to break our hearts again, in a room in Manhattan, not a film-set or a stage.

Damn.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( This man really knows Ennis Del Mar. Now my heart is so broken again. I love Heath more than ever. I love Ennis with such a force that I have no words to describe it.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #766 on: Apr 30, 2008, 04:45 PM »

Damn.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( This man really knows Ennis Del Mar. Now my heart is so broken again. I love Heath more than ever. I love Ennis with such a force that I have no words to describe it.

:ghug: :ghug:
I know exactly how you feel
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #767 on: Apr 30, 2008, 05:45 PM »

Me too baby Tammy, me too. :\'( :ghug:

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #768 on: May 01, 2008, 02:47 AM »
I understand you well, friend!! I could quote the whole article.

But Ennis Del Mar is not one of those cold heartbreakers. What makes him both irresistible and devastating is the depth of baffled tenderness in him; the love that he can only fitfully express in his relationship with Jack Twist but that shines through at the end of the film in his relationship with his daughter Alma Jr.

This is what Heath Ledger so marvellously conveys, in his slow-burning, laconic performance: a man struggling over the course of a whole life to come to terms, not so much with his sexuality (I do not see this only as a gay film but more universally as a film about blocked love) as with his tremendous need for love and, ultimately, with his ability to give love.

Finally, you feel, Ennis's heart is well and truly broken. And the broken-hearted Ennis will no longer be violent and uncomprehending in the face of love.

The message of King Lear , and of Brokeback Mountain , is that we must all have our hearts broken. In some strange way, these profound works do not merely convey but also enact that message; they perform a homeopathic heartbreak that leaves us miraculously breathing, more deeply and richly than before.

If only Heath Ledger had not had to break our hearts again, in a room in Manhattan, not a film-set or a stage.

Oh wow, thanks Tammy for posting the rest of the article....how amazing was that?  He totally got Ennis del Mar, and saw how amazing Heath's portrayal of him was... :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #769 on: May 08, 2008, 03:52 AM »
Ledger portrait wins people's art prize

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=480852

A haunting portrait of the late actor Heath Ledger has taken out the people's choice award at the Archibald Prize exhibition.

The painting "Heath", by Vincent Fantauzzo, was announced as the winner of the popular prize at the Art Gallery of NSW on Thursday.

More than 32,000 people voted in the competition.

The portrait, which features three images of Ledger, was painted just weeks before the late actor's death in New York in January.

The Art Gallery of NSW said the popularity of the painting had helped the gallery record its biggest attendance since the competition began in 1921.

A spokeswoman said the Ledger family and Fantauzzo had decided to donate the painting to the gallery.

Melbourne-based Fantauzzo receives $2,500 and a $1,000 gift card for winning the award.

The Archibald, one of Australia's most prestigious art awards, was won this year by Sydney artist Del Kathryn Barton, with her painting You are what is most beautiful about me, a self portrait with Kell and Arella.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #770 on: May 08, 2008, 04:03 AM »
Oh wow, thats wonderful news...... :)

As much as the prize must be a bitter sweet reward, I hope Vincent Fantauzzo is proud of the amazing painting he produced. 

I also hope Heath's parents can take some solace in Heath's painting being on permanent show for everyone to appreciate...

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2008, 10:25 AM »
They're wonderful news indeed¡.It' s like another homage to Heath by means of someone who painted his image for eternity. :)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #772 on: May 08, 2008, 10:30 AM »
this is great news :)

babytammy7

« Reply #773 on: May 08, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Oh, wow, BRAVO!!!! <^( <^( <^(  Vincent and Heath deserve that!! I would have liked that Heath had seen that.....but maybe he's watching....

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Been looking and searching where I can feel the presence of " ROAST".
One American show gave me this short break from sadness of grieving,
American Idol Michael Jones from Perth Australia.
As I watch the show and the performance of Jones. my eyes gets teary. It was just like feeling Heath is alive by watching his childhood friend Michael Jones.

I guess. all thngs and people  that is related to Heath , reading and watching the news from Perth gives me comfort.

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #775 on: May 09, 2008, 01:36 PM »
that's really wonderful...i like that portret very much
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #776 on: May 13, 2008, 09:23 AM »

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #777 on: May 16, 2008, 03:08 PM »
This is from a blog of a girl who was one of the dancers hired to perform in the video "Morning Yearning", directed by Heath:

Now, here I am, downtown l.a. about to get mugged. I hesitantly knock on the outside of a dirty garage door..... There weren't any REAL doors to be found.
I hear people and the garage starts to lift.....

"Hi! I'm Heath! You must be the dancers!" As if I had no idea who even was, even though I'd been obsessing over him since 10 Things I Hate About You.

He stretched out his hand with a firm handshake and smiled.
"Um, you can just go sit on that couch over there, maybe show me what clothes you brought and we'll get started in a minute...Thank you guys SO much for coming, really."

Typical Hollywood protocol involves a crew, wardrobe, catering, production assistant, gaffers, cameramen, assistants to the assistants, etc. I surveyed the room...and it seemed everyone else had, taken the day off?? Half the time you didn't SEE the director let alone speak to him.
6 dancers, 2 cameramen, 1 assistant, Heath, and Ben.

Here he comes....I love him, I love him, I love him. -ok, be professional.

"K uh. So, this is my first time directing. I came up with the concept- I just really loved the song and Ben is a friend so I wanted to do it. I want it to be really organic. Wear lose fitting clothes, maybe earth tones......and you're just going to improv." He was so passionate, so excited and....
Improv?! Holy hell. I'm going to make a jackass out of myself in front of a creative genius.

"I used to modern dance, in Australia and I want it to be....well, like this sort of."
This Academy Award nominated actor starts dancing, swinging his arms, exploring levels, high and low, closing his eyes....
"See? Do you guys have any questions?.....Ok, so how about we start with you??"

He's pointing at me, dear Lord, he's pointing at me- acknowledging my existence.
"SURE!!" I just screamed, tone it down Chels, tone it down.

I jump on the stage, the smoke machine starts blowing, my palms are sweating and Heath jumps up next to me, he crosses his legs and grabs onto both ankles like a little boy....
"So.....do you have any suggestions for me??"

Did he really just ask if I had suggestions for him?! Me? some chick dancing for a mere 25 dollars, some stranger, and he wants my advice? This was the humblest thing I'd ever seen in Hollywood.
"Uhm....no?"

"Ok...." He's staring at my face....studying it. "Can you take your hair down? There and flip your head over, tousle it a bit...."
I shake my hair out and he reaches towards me, putting both hands in my hair, scratching my scalp and giving it that messy look.
"Beautiful."
The music starts....my hearts beating and I start to move. 2 minutes pass like nothing, I was "in it", I was going to perform and get lost in the music just as he had in all of his performances.... the song ends and silence fills the room.

I peer up and Heath is standing at the end of the stage....he grabs my hand with both of his, looks my straight in the eye and says, "That was brilliant. Really inspiring....I got chills. Thank you."

I am in love.
He continues with the next dancers, demonstrating movement occasionally- eventually splitting his pants, but he continued anyway. He experimented with lights and smoke, showing his excitement when something worked perfectly. Then we broke for lunch....
I station myself on the dusty warehouse floor and he sits on the ground next to myself and the other dancers, immediately striking up conversation as if we were longtime friends.

"I LOVE GRANOLA." I blurt out as I devour handfuls at a time.
"That should be a a shirt...you know, like one of those quirky shirts with sayings, that's funny."
His voice was charming, a slight Australian accent making words like quirky sound; quirky.

The 7 hours passed quickly and he graciously thanked each and everyone of us, making eye contact and profusely thanking us for the inspiration. He pulled his wallet out and handed us each a hundred bucks.
"I know it's not much...."

I didn't care. The experience was priceless.

Heath (and Ben) was one of the humblest people I have ever met. Unaffected. Warm. Genuine. He listened when people spoke, watched intently, and had the most positive, serene energy. I am blessed to have worked with him in his short life, and it is a tragedy he didn't get to continue on making incredible films and inspiring us all.

The result of his first and last music video was beautiful, organic and modest. I am honored to have been a part of it....in loving memory;

You can find the whole thing here:

http://chelseatalkssmack.blogspot.com/2008/01/rest-in-peace-heath.html

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #778 on: May 16, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Oh wow Keren, that was gorgeous! I felt load of emotions reading that - I was laughing as the girl described being spoken to by Heath, being asked her opinion by Heath and - most importantly - having her hair tousled by Heath... (t)   But I felt sad as I realised how enthusiastic he was about the whole process, and how we knew he wanted to do more of that,  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Thanks for posting this Keren.  ^f^

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #779 on: May 16, 2008, 03:24 PM »

Keren, the blog by that was so beautiful and she was so lucky to have met him!
He was so humble towards her and the dancers and I love he asked them for suggestions
And how started dancing, closing his eyes, almost like nothing but this, meant the world to him
Things like this always make me miss him even more
Thank you again Keren for posting this one girls tribute to a gentle, loving man, we all miss dearly..
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010