Author Topic: What Scenes Are You Going to Zoom in / Freeze / Replay on DVD?  (Read 34950 times)

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
I can definitely recommend slo-mo-ing the reunion kiss. Some of the facial expressions are incredible. And the nuzzle in slo-mo - heartstoppingly beautiful :D

Haven't tried zooming yet. That might be tomorrow's little adventure ;D

That is the scene I couldn't WAIT to watch in slo-mo, and it didn't disappoint.  God, it is so fantastic to see all their facial expressions and how they hold each other, and who is touching who....so wonderful.

I agree, NoReins, about the nuzzle.....be stil my beating heart!  It is gorgeous.  I love that, and the way you can see Ennis take Jack's hand off him but still touch Jack one more time, with both his hands. 

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
The other scene I replay and use slo-mo for is SNIT.  I love watching Ennis, and how he reacts to Jack touching his face.....

and then they lie down and THE KISS!!!! Wow.  It is worth paying for the DVD just for that.

I do have to play it at normal speed again after watching it in slo-mo, though, cos I love the music and the whole sound of the scene.

I'm going to be wearing out my remote,never mind my dvd, at this rate.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline cowgirlfanfic

• Cassie
  • Yeehaw!
I tried slo-moing the motel scene to see if I could find any clothes, like as it zoomed in quick. No luck :P But, of course, the FNIT, SNIT, and the reunion were rewound continuously. I also love the part where they've been having the affair for a while, and right after a confrontation, they're sleeping in a tent, Ennis has him arm draped over Jack. Aww...that's definitly a pause scene for me :D
26,000 people have read it, have you?
~Kaitlin, xfreak404, cowgirlfanfic, cowgirl_fan_fic, hrhgmsfsoap

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
reunion scene and 2nd tent scene.. SLOW MOTION  ;D
replaying those scenes as well as the flashback scene!!

and when Ennis & Jack jump off that cliff nude... ZOOOOM IN.. HAHAHAHA LOL, im so bad ;)  :-X :-X
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Lady

It odd, I had my dvd wed, it was also my first viewing of BBM, I watched it twice all the way through on Wednesday, Thursday I put it in the dvd with the intention of viewing specfic scenes,, the begiinning came and I just had to watch it all, the same happened Friday, theres just something at the moment with me that has to watch it all!! Maybe that will change.

aimi15

It odd, I had my dvd wed, it was also my first viewing of BBM, I watched it twice all the way through on Wednesday, Thursday I put it in the dvd with the intention of viewing specfic scenes,, the begiinning came and I just had to watch it all, the same happened Friday, theres just something at the moment with me that has to watch it all!! Maybe that will change.
God, i know exactly what you mean. I watched for first time Wed, thinking i would repeat any of my fave scenes, but was so swept away by it before i knew it the final credits were rolling. And it felt much too short!! Oh well, i guess the shorter is seems, the more times i can watch it - thats no hardship ;D

Offline BBM Obsessed

• Alma
  • BBM Obsessed!!
I can definitely recommend slo-mo-ing the reunion kiss. Some of the facial expressions are incredible. And the nuzzle in slo-mo - heartstoppingly beautiful :D

I couldn't have said it any better... watching their facial expressions, especially in slow motion!   :'(   Our boys act those scenes to pieces and it's extraordinarily wonderful for an appreciative audience like ourselves!!    :D
"I'm not a human being having a spiritual experience, rather I'm a spiritual being having a human experience."  :)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis

I couldn't have said it any better... watching their facial expressions, especially in slow motion!   :'(   Our boys act those scenes to pieces and it's extraordinarily wonderful for an appreciative audience like ourselves!!    :D

Yep, that was me last night!
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline jeffjoe

• My name is Joe... Jeff Joe
  • Ennis
  • The magic is in us here...
Alma vs Ennis in the kitchen :\'(, Jack's visit after divorce :\'(, The last reunion on Brokeback mountain :\'( :\'( :\'( and The shirts in the closet :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( ...the truth is all the dvd
Nunca me alejo, mas allá de una mirada...

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
The reunion kiss over and over again just for the look of surprise... and eventualy delight, and lust in Jack's eyes  :P
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
Fnit

Snit

Reunion

Shirts in the closet
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
Good choices Esme!

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline jakestowel

• Cassie
OK, can anyone give me some clues about how to zoom on the dvd? I can't seem to find that option on my remote. I've got a Sony DAVS880 home cinema system if that helps at all.....

I have not found a response to this request for info as to how to zoom  on the dvd.  I want to know also.
Faf

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Not all the players have this option, my old Samsung didn't but my new Phillips does. 
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jeffjoe

• Ennis
I believe all the movie scene by scene, in a special way all the parts when my sexy and lovely Ennis and Jack are together  :c)  <^(:c)

greenfrog

I believe all the movie scene by scene, in a special way all the parts when my sexy and lovely Ennis and Jack are together  :c)  <^(:c)

Amen Jeff  <^(

Offline Philchel

• Ennis
  • Let's go for a love that will grow old
For the moment I think I have 3 preferences :

- Reunion (Ennis coming out of the house with a big smile)  <^(
- Phone call between Ennis and Lureen  :\'(
- Ennis visiting Jack's parents  :\'(  :\'(

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
- Ennis visiting Jack's parents  :\'(  :\'(

OMG!  You're brave, I would never, never, never try any special effect on that scene...  :-\\ :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Reunion scene however is a must on slow motion.  :)
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jeffjoe

• Ennis
Anything interesting up there in heaven? scene  :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^) love it

Offline jakestowel

• Cassie
After months of not wanting to watch this scene, as it was so painful, I again watched it. I felt one of the most devastating scenes was Ennis visiting Jack's parents and offering to take Jack's ashes to Brokeback.  John Twist's line is 'like most of Jack's ideas--never come to pass'.

Health Ledger, as Ennis, does an amazing job of reacting to this statement.  His countenance, his lips, his throat all bind up in hurt.  Jack's mother rescues him from this reaction with the offer to let Ennis go up to Jack's room.

Then when Jack finds the shirts and takes them off the nail, he is almost frozen in his love for Jack.  He hugs the shirt, then tries to recapture the smell of Jack in that shirt.

That's hard.

Offline Philchel

• Ennis
  • Let's go for a love that will grow old
Hello Fafner,

Nice to meet another newcomer  :)

I could block my tears a long time but when this scene arrived I couldn't hold them anymore  :\'(

Offline Mountain

• Alma Jr.
  • I gotta go. See you in the morning
First night in tend
Second night in tend
Good bye after BBM at Jacks truck (the look on Jack`s Face - heartbreaking)
Reunion
Motel-Scene including "Is there anything interesting in heaven"
Flashback (and by this time I felt my tears starts rolling over my face)

There is never enough time. Never enough.

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
WARNING!!!  NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED!!!

I tried to watch Jack's death scene in slow motion to see if it was Jake in that scene.  Big mistake.  Very painful to watch and very gruesome.  You litterally see blood gush out of Jack's mouth.  It made me cry and I was nearly traumatized by it and I'm not easily traumatized.  Maybe it was because Jack was my favorite character and I actually felt very protective.  I'll never watch that scene again in slow motion.  Yes, it was Jake and not a double.   :P :( :\'(

A much better scene to watch in slow motion is the reunion kiss scene.  Seeing Jack's face changes from happy to confuse to concern was precious.  I find that I freeze and zoom in on Jack a lot through out the movie and I often replay the first 40 minutes of the DVD and "Dozy embrace".

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
I am almost traumatized just reading that- I finally watched Jack's death a few weeks back- I had never seen it in it's entirety before then- first viewing I looked away and then after that I knew when to turn away/close my eyes. But I got brave and watched it (about 9 months after the first viewing) and that really did me in. It's going to sound silly but i commend you for being brave enough to see it in slo-mo. I much prefer the reunion kiss in slo-mo- that almost makes you feel like your right there with them  ^-^
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
Thanks, LJN but I don't think I like to watch that scene at any speed.  Think I'll fast forward that scene form now on.

Indeed the reunion kiss is much funner to watch in slo-mo and yes I want to push them together much longer.  Poor Alma.  And the "Dozy embrace" is just so dreamy.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
Yeah watching Jack's death in full once was more than enough for me. I love the dozy embrace in slo-mo  <^(
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
I did the same thing once. I just wanted to see the detail. And as horrible as it was, I have to say it was really well done. They could have made it kind of blurry since it was a quick scene and an image from Ennis's mind anyway. But Ang Lee put as much attention to detail here as he did everywhere else. Commendations again to Jake Gyllenhaal. The expressions, everything, were just amazing. And yes, it is very difficult to watch. And you know, Jack fought back.
That's all, I guess. This scene always kind of throws me...

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
I did the same thing once. I just wanted to see the detail. And as horrible as it was, I have to say it was really well done. They could have made it kind of blurry since it was a quick scene and an image from Ennis's mind anyway. But Ang Lee put as much attention to detail here as he did everywhere else. Commendations again to Jake Gyllenhaal. The expressions, everything, were just amazing. And yes, it is very difficult to watch. And you know, Jack fought back.
That's all, I guess. This scene always kind of throws me...

Yes he did!  He actually kicked and fell that a**hole before another with the tire iron did him in.  If it was a fair one-on-one fight, Jack would have beat the crap out of him, but no, it was three (with weapons) against an empty-handed Jack, and they attack him from behind.  I do agree it was well made but painful to watch.  I still get a surge of anger and sadness watching that scene.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
It just makes me feel proud of him somehow and sad for him and angry on his behalf and protective. If I could jump into the screen and help him...well, we all feel that way. :\'(

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
I can't imagine watching the tire iron scene in slo-mo. Now the reunion scene or the dosy embrace....................well, hell yes! :)
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.