Author Topic: What would like to hear in GG acceptance speech?  (Read 13739 times)

Offline brokebackmountain

• Brokebackmountain is now "ethan"
  • Administrator
  • Jack
What would like to hear in GG acceptance speech?
« on: Jan 15, 2006, 07:58 AM »
OK. boys and gals, it is only one day away from the Golden Globes - do we care?

With 7 nomiations - BBM should win a few if not a clean sweep. Among these nomination - what would you like to hear from the BBM winners other than the usual list of thanks?

Here are the two on top of my head:

1. To hear Ang saying BBM is not a gay cowboy movie - it is a love story between two men.

2. To hear Heath acknowledging Jake and how a great kisser he was.  ;D

3. To hear the producers thanking all the fans for supporting the movie and urging them to log onto ennisjack.com (I know I am dreaming).

Born from their love..forever bound by ours.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: What would like to hear in GG acceptance speech?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2006, 11:57 AM »
1. To hear Ang saying BBM is not a gay cowboy movie - it is a love story between two men.

3. To hear the producers thanking all the fans for supporting the movie and urging them to log onto ennisjack.com (I know I am dreaming).

TO SEE HEATH KISS* JAKE AS HE GOES TO COLLECT HIS GOLDEN GLOBE!! *Real Kiss!!! Not just a peck on the cheek!!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

• Administrator
  • Jack
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2006, 12:23 PM »
TO SEE HEATH KISS* JAKE AS HE GOES TO COLLECT HIS GOLDEN GLOBE!! *Real Kiss!!! Not just a peck on the cheek!!

:-[ What about Michelle? You don't want her to say - Jake, nasty ......again!  ;D

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2006, 12:26 PM »

:-[ What about Michelle? You don't want her to say - Jake, nasty ......again!  ;D

She knows it's just acting!!! LOL! But Heath can give her a peck if she's jealous!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline natalia

• Alma
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2006, 12:43 PM »

Yes that would be so good! Something like when Rachel McAdams and that other dude from The Notebook went to collect their award at the MTV Movie Awards and they ran to each other and kissed each other just like the kiss on the movie cover... except then it turned out that they actually were dating. Oh well, it would still be cute
Give me your hand
And take what you will tonight, I'll give it as fast
And high as the flame will rise
Cinder and smoke
Some whispers around the trees
The juniper bends
As if you were listening

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2006, 01:43 PM »
OK. boys and gals, it is only one day away from the Golden Globes - do we care?

With 7 nomiations - BBM should win a few if not a clean sweep. Among these nomination - what would you like to hear from the BBM winners other than the usual list of thanks?

Here are the two on top of my head:

You know.  In a more serious vein, I hope that all of those with BBM who accept GG awards will do their level best to let the film stand on its own merits.  To not feel like they have to defend some message that society NEEDS to know or embrace.  Instead, I hope each will do a class A job in simply advancing the tenets of the film and not even find levity around the more controversial elements of the film.  I think if you draw too much emphasis toward Jake and Heath's intimate scenes, then it does more harm to those who are potentially considering a trip to the theater to see the film.  I think they should do as much as Ennis and Jack did in the film, and simply let the "unspoken" messages be the reason that will draw everyone's interest to the film.  Let's take nothing away from the merits of this incredible story, the superb acting, the boldness of the story, and the spirited creativity of the director and writer.  This film was loaded with historic risk-taking from all sides--there is a privileged respect that should be granted here.  All of us have been impacted in a terribly profound way that cannot be easily explained or understood; we are beneficiaries of something that is deep, rich and powerful. 

stationbbm

• Administrator
  • Jack
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2006, 01:51 PM »
You know.  In a more serious vein, I hope that all of those with BBM who accept GG awards will do their level best to let the film stand on its own merits.  To not feel like they have to defend some message that society NEEDS to know or embrace.  Instead, I hope each will do a class A job in simply advancing the tenets of the film and not even find levity around the more controversial elements of the film.  I think if you draw too much emphasis toward Jake and Heath's intimate scenes, then it does more harm to those who are potentially considering a trip to the theater to see the film.  I think they should do as much as Ennis and Jack did in the film, and simply let the "unspoken" messages be the reason that will draw everyone's interest to the film.  Let's take nothing away from the merits of this incredible story, the superb acting, the boldness of the story, and the spirited creativity of the director and writer.  This film was loaded with historic risk-taking from all sides--there is a privileged respect that should be granted here.  All of us have been impacted in a terribly profound way that cannot be easily explained or understood; we are beneficiaries of something that is deep, rich and powerful. 

stationbbm

Words of wisdom. I wholeheartedly agree with your post. Thanks for pulling us back to the seriousness of this matter. This would be a great advice to the BBM winners tomorrow night. Everyone involved in the movie should be proud of himself/herself.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2006, 01:59 PM »

stationbbm

:-\ v.true

Thankx stationbbm

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2006, 02:15 PM »
well put station, I think the fact Ang doesn't have an agenda is one reason teh movie worked (but the kiss would be great to see too!)

"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2006, 02:54 PM »
I also agree with station. The film is a poignant story that spreads its message by simply showing the humanity of the characters and developing a convincing love story so yeah I hope none of them feel pressure to make any political statements. I would also like to see Heath acknowledge Jake though. They were a great onscreen couple. One doesn't really work without the other and Heath should acknowledge that....with a kiss :-* just kidding  ;)

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Yes, I'd definitely want to see Heath and Jake exchange some saliva in their acceptance speech  :P

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Yes, I'd definitely want to see Heath and Jake exchange some saliva in their acceptance speech  :P

I saw Heath on the Toronto fest press conference and he looked really annoyed at the humor of the kissing. But maybe he will make a joke or two this time, after a few beers.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:51 PM »

I saw Heath on the Toronto fest press conference and he looked really annoyed at the humor of the kissing. But maybe he will make a joke or two this time, after a few beers.

Champagne darling, champagne...I doubt they'll be serving Fosters tonight!! ;D

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:56 PM »

Champagne darling, champagne...I doubt they'll be serving Fosters tonight!! ;D

Yes!  Thanks for the correction!  Hey, let's mentally be there (this is so geeky...don't tell my co-workers)
I am at the red carpet, waiting....it's a sunny day here in (where the hell is it..LA?)
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2006, 04:45 PM »
I also agree with station. The film is a poignant story that spreads its message by simply showing the humanity of the characters and developing a convincing love story so yeah I hope none of them feel pressure to make any political statements. I would also like to see Heath acknowledge Jake though. They were a great onscreen couple. One doesn't really work without the other and Heath should acknowledge that....with a kiss :-* just kidding  ;)

ennisandjack, you are right and I think they know it because they have been pressing the movis as a love story. It is a celebration of love - although a tragic one. From what I have seen and felt, this is one supportive cast team.

Kiss from Heath to Jake. Sorry to say that we probably won't see again other than in BBM.  :(
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Kiss from Heath to Jake. Sorry to say that we probably won't see again other than in BBM.  :(

or dreams...

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Best Picture presented by Danzel Washington

Acceptance speech from James Schamus & Diana Ossana

James:

"Oh man. I stand here next to a great Westerner Diana Osana and we are stunned in thanks to Hollywood Foreign Press.

To two great Americans Larry McMurty and Annie Proulx, to all my loved and cherished and colleagues at Focus Feature, each and every one of you and especially to my great leader, my dearest friend, David Lindy. To impish Mike Hosueman, the couragous Michael Kostigan, the elegant Bill Pollet, thank you.

To everyone at Universal who said sure, let's make it. Thank you.

My personal thanks to our incredible cast, union cast, Jake, Annie, Heath and Michelle, our astonishingly efficient and attractive crew, thank you.

More thanks to my colleagues at Columbia University and my three muses - Nona, Juna and Nancy.

And to you, Ang Lee, you let Diana and me help you make a movie that has made our mothers so proud. And for that what can we say"

Diana -

"Thank you and thank you so much. Dittos to everything James said. And thank you again to my beautiful daugter, Luminous daughter. I would not be there without her love and support.

Thank you, thank you. "

:D :D :D

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006, 01:35 PM by ethan »
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Best Director - presented by Clint Eastwood

"Wow getting this award from the man (Eastwood). A little too much. Wow, it is embarrassing for me to say because I spend too much time making movies, I sometimes get too uptight and too critical to enjoy them, especially my own. But this year I have to say I have seen and loved so many of my colleague's films that makes this award from Hollywood Foreign Press so much more special because I think this has been an amazing year for American cinemas. I just want to give my thanks to my fellow filmmakers for strengthening my faith in movies and in the power of movies to change the way we are thinking. Thank you.

And I also have been waiting for 5 years since last time I stood here to thank someone I forgot to last time - my friend and editor, Tim Squire. He's been bugging me all these time and I know I've been haunted by the thought of the people I don't have time to thank tonight. I think, I guess That is the theme of Brokeback Mountain anyhow.

Annie Proulx, Larry McMurty and Diana Ossana, everyone at Focus Feature, especially James Shumus, David Lindy. My incredible cast and crew - Jake, Heath, Michelle, Annie. And Stacy Schneider and Universal Bill Poleax. And our love, memory to Jerry Parony fpr filling her place to the mission.

Finally to my family, my dad this is for you. My mom, my brother and sister, my two lovely sons and my wife Jen Lee. Everybody in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China - I wish you a very happy New Year.

Happy New Year (in Mandarin)

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Thanks ethan for posting the acceptance speeches.  Reading them moves me a lot -- by their quiet, ever so quiet, grace.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Thanks ethan for posting the acceptance speeches.  Reading them moves me a lot -- by their quiet, ever so quiet, grace.

Welcome, tpe. Aren't they? They are just classy and humble.

I will post the one for Best Screenplay soon.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Oh man, that is so lovely. 
"it's Love, Blockhead!"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
GG acceptance speech - Best Song & Best Screenplay
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Gustavo Santaolalla, Bernie Taupin ("A Love That Will Never Grow Old")

Gustavo:

"Thank you, members of Hollywood Foreign Press. This is a great honor. I am very proud to have this and to have worked in this movie. I want to thank Emmylou Harris for the beautiful performance. From my heart, I want to thank Kathy Nelson, James Schumus Ron at Verve, my co-producer, my family, Alexandra, my wife, my kids - Luna, Amra and Juan. Last but not least, Ang Lee, the man who make this possible. I want to thank him for making this wonderful and important movie."

Larry McMurtry, Diana Ossana

Diana:

"I am a writer so I had to write this down. My deepest gratitude to the Hollywood Foreign Press for their generous response to Brokeback Mountain and for giving us this high honor. To Annie Proulx, for genius short story and to Ang Lee for his beloved mind stroke. To our amazing cast, Heath, Jack, Anne, Michelle, all of you. I love you and you are like my family, my children. Finally, to my friend, my family to my daughter, Sarah from the bottom of my heart."

Larry:

"My partner is so comprehensive. I do not have thank hardly anybody. I will just thank our lawyer. Most heartfelt of all, I will thank my typewriter. My typewriter is Hermes 3000, surely one of the noblelest instruments of European genius. And ladies and gentlemen, can you believe it? It's kept me for 30 years out of dry embrace of computer."