Author Topic: DVD Release - UK  (Read 45804 times)

Miss Nice

Re: DVD Release - UK
« Reply #60 on: Apr 24, 2006, 09:14 AM »
Got home 10 minutes ago.... and found the BBM DVD on my doormat! (I live in Sweden, so appreciate Amazon made me have it at the release date!!!)

I got my DVD

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #61 on: Apr 24, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Congrats to the Brits, you have now the DVD  ;D

Yeeehaw!
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline kingfisher

• Cassie
« Reply #62 on: Apr 24, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Yes indeed! And mine's sitting on the shelf begging to be viewed again....it will be very soon. I ordered the soundtrack from AmazonUK today, it was only £5.99 plus postage! I was amazed at the price! ;D

Offline leanne

• Jack
« Reply #63 on: Apr 24, 2006, 11:11 AM »
 ;D ;D got miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

Offline coguaro

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #64 on: Apr 24, 2006, 11:25 AM »
congratulation...  ;D

mine is on my way  :-\
I swear... I will never mistake again...

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #65 on: Apr 24, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Got mine too,i even phoned Christie when i was in ASDA as i knew we were getting them from the same store.They gave me the whole display unit too ;D

I have never walked around and done my shopping with a beam from ear to ear as it's normally such a boring mundane thing to do the weekly shop,but today,i was grinning like a cheshire cat.I have given our BBM boys pride of place in my front room at the moment.I shall be moving them to my bedroom later ;)where i will create a little tomb for the display and it will probably sit gathering dust for the next 40 years,but i will treasure it always.

Hugs from one happy
Jennis.x who feels terribly guilty for smiling over a cardboard display as my family and i have had a difficult few weeks.But i hope i will be forgiven just this once.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2006, 02:38 PM by Jennis »

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #66 on: Apr 24, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Tell you what, I'm trying to be patient....but all you folks with your dvd's and smiley faces are really starting to get me down now :'( ;)

Maybe tomorrow....but for now, back to youtube.... :D
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2006, 12:38 PM by NoReins »
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #67 on: Apr 24, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Home my way home I had to stop at ASDA...as I walk in..what do I see "BBM" signs everywhere!!!
On the shelf by the door it said grab a copy and take it to the DVD counter...WHILE STOCKS LAST!!!!

I was so please...I bought all  my little goodies...but looked around for a Poster for sale and could not find any...I will go back to ASDA tomorrow with my camera and will take pictures...if I can get away with it...lol...the first sign is by the entrance..with 4 security guards and ASDA staff!! LOL

I HAVE MY BBM from the UK and I love the cover!!!

Got home and my DVD was on the matt too!!!!
Thank you AMAZON!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #68 on: Apr 24, 2006, 12:51 PM »
And if I am so late coming on today...well I was kinda busy...lol

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #69 on: Apr 24, 2006, 02:21 PM »
One question - Is the DVD region in UK same as others in Europe?
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #70 on: Apr 24, 2006, 02:31 PM »
One question - Is the DVD region in UK same as others in Europe?

Yes all of Europe is region 2
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #71 on: Apr 24, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Yes all of Europe is region 2

That is great. At least some countries in Europe don't have to wait too long. Thanks, Tom.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #72 on: Apr 24, 2006, 04:25 PM »
So it means cowpokes from Europe could order the DVD from UK, be aware however it's in English only no dubbed version, Froggy confirmed it previously.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline gambrinus

• Alma Jr.
  • Gone, but never forgotten
« Reply #73 on: Apr 24, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Home my way home I had to stop at ASDA...as I walk in..what do I see "BBM" signs everywhere!!!

The same in the Sainsbury's store near where I work. A big BBM POS display near the DVD/CD area, and smaller BBM displays on some of the checkouts.
Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Misery (all he had) a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #74 on: Apr 25, 2006, 12:06 AM »
My UK DVD hasn't quite reached the Seattle shores yet  :-\

balchy28

« Reply #75 on: Apr 25, 2006, 04:01 AM »
I ordered mine off play.com and it hasn't arrived yet :( I keep checking the stage it's at and it says processing grr  >:(

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #76 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:03 AM »
Another day...and still no dvd >:(

I will have to spend lunchtime watching youtube clips to get my fix.

ROYAL MAIL - I WANT MY BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN DVD!!!!
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #77 on: Apr 25, 2006, 07:18 AM »
Oh NoReins, this is so not fair!  You want your DVD, you need your DVD!!!  Hope it's not too long before you get it.   :-\

I watched it last night.  Would you believe that this viewing had me crying longer and harder than any of the million other times I've watched it?  I usually start filling up during the alleyway scene, but this time I started during the SNIT scene, and pretty much carried on crying until the credits.  It just hit me the impossible sadness of the story, of Ennis and Jack's love, and I completely lost it!   :'(  :'(  :'(

I watched some of the extras too which are good.  I have only ever seen the making of documentary, so the other features were a nice surprise. Still wants lots of deleted scenes/outtakes though.   
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #78 on: Apr 25, 2006, 07:22 AM »
Got mine too,i even phoned Christie when i was in ASDA as i knew we were getting them from the same store.They gave me the whole display unit too ;D

I have never walked around and done my shopping with a beam from ear to ear as it's normally such a boring mundane thing to do the weekly shop,but today,i was grinning like a cheshire cat.I have given our BBM boys pride of place in my front room at the moment.I shall be moving them to my bedroom later ;)where i will create a little tomb for the display and it will probably sit gathering dust for the next 40 years,but i will treasure it always.

Hugs from one happy
Jennis.x who feels terribly guilty for smiling over a cardboard display as my family and i have had a difficult few weeks.But i hope i will be forgiven just this once.

How lucky were you, Jennis?  My ASDA had NOTHING, no display, no posters, nothing.  Just BBM on the "new releases" shelf.  I was a little disappointed, but at least I had the copy in my hand.   I have to admit to feeling slightly jealous of you, getting a display stand for a film on the day it's released!!!!  They obviously could tell you were a BBM obsessive! 

The pictures of the display are fantastic, btw.  I hope you get to show everyone here.....they will love them.   ;)

aimi15

« Reply #79 on: Apr 25, 2006, 11:58 AM »
I got mine - YIPPEE!! This is better than Xmas!! Morrisons had no fancy display either, but the most important thing is i have one, and i love it, and i can watch it over and over until i am a total emotional wreck.

April 24 - the best day of 2006 for UK  ;D

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #80 on: Apr 25, 2006, 01:15 PM »

Ditto!

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #81 on: Apr 25, 2006, 01:31 PM »
I ordered mine off play.com and it hasn't arrived yet :( I keep checking the stage it's at and it says processing grr  >:(

Looks like play.com is out of Jersey.  They don't ship to the US  >:(

BTW, what is "ASDA"?

Lady

« Reply #82 on: Apr 25, 2006, 01:36 PM »
ASDA is a superstore/supermarket we have here!

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #83 on: Apr 25, 2006, 01:42 PM »

Does ASDA stand for something?

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #84 on: Apr 25, 2006, 01:47 PM »

well i'm not sure...it's owned by Wallmart.

Offline gambrinus

• Alma Jr.
  • Gone, but never forgotten
« Reply #85 on: Apr 25, 2006, 01:51 PM »

It's a shortening of Associated Dairies (it was founded in 1965 by a group of farmers).
Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Misery (all he had) a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #86 on: Apr 25, 2006, 02:19 PM »

Hugs from one happy

How lucky were you, Jennis?  My ASDA had NOTHING, no display, no posters, nothing.  Just BBM on the "new releases" shelf.  I was a little disappointed, but at least I had the copy in my hand.   I have to admit to feeling slightly jealous of you, getting a display stand for a film on the day it's released!!!!  They obviously could tell you were a BBM obsessive! 

The pictures of the display are fantastic, btw.  I hope you get to show everyone here.....they will love them.   ;)
I would love too,but i can't.I don't use an image host.I could email them if anyone wants to see.I absolutely love it though and it's still in my front room :) Shame your ASDA didn't have one.Have you tried anywhere else?

Jennis.x

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #87 on: Apr 25, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Got mine tonight. will snuggle down with the boys later.
Actually, "life does get better than this"

aimi15

« Reply #88 on: Apr 25, 2006, 03:10 PM »
I felt a bit teary just reading the back of the case - i felt so proud of the film and what it represents(if that makes sense)

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #89 on: Apr 25, 2006, 03:22 PM »
I got mine - YIPPEE!! This is better than Xmas!! Morrisons had no fancy display either, but the most important thing is i have one, and i love it, and i can watch it over and over until i am a total emotional wreck.

Aimi, am so glad that you have got yours!  I expect you will be watching right now!  Be prepared, you will be hit hard.  I was. 

You are right this being a special day for all of us UK fans.  But what about 29 April?  That's sounds like that day will be pretty good too (o/t, but Aimi and I are meeting up for a BBM day!).  ;D  ;D