Author Topic: Spittle  (Read 102683 times)

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: Spittle
« Reply #180 on: Apr 27, 2007, 07:56 AM »
I can't say whether I see spittle or not during the second portion of SNIT, but these shots leave me breathless...especially the first pic where Jack has his hand on Ennis's face.  I'm not sure I even noticed that before.

Sorry I digressed...I couldn't help it!

Not a total digression, CSC!  :)


Offline aintfoolin

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1623
  • Gender: Female
  • " You and him did'nt go up there to fish"...
Re: Spittle
« Reply #181 on: Apr 29, 2007, 06:26 AM »
CSC, you gotta see this. There is definitly spittle and it gives this scene a realism never before seen in mainsteam enertainment. The more I watch it the more  appreciation I have for these two daring young actors who put so much passion into this breathtaking scene, Jakey G. and Heathy L. :cr) :c)
..."yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"...

Offline Asali

  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 12882
  • Gender: Female
Re: Spittle
« Reply #182 on: Apr 29, 2007, 07:42 AM »
CSC, you gotta see this. There is definitly spittle and it gives this scene a realism never before seen in mainsteam enertainment. The more I watch it the more  appreciation I have for these two daring young actors who put so much passion into this breathtaking scene, Jakey G. and Heathy L. :cr) :c)
Yep there sure is. <^(
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline ynnaf

  • Lureen
  • ***
  • Posts: 180
Re: Spittle
« Reply #183 on: Apr 29, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Ok, i don't know if this is inappropriate to ask, but did the guys "french kiss" in SNIT? I can't tell.

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Spittle
« Reply #184 on: Apr 30, 2007, 12:15 AM »
I kind of think they might not have really wanted to, and I wouldn't give them sh*t about that...but it does look like it to me, though I can't prove it, when Jack is on top of Ennis in SNIT, that kiss.  Hard to tell, but they did it good enough that we can think that if we want I guess...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: Spittle
« Reply #185 on: Apr 30, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I kind of think they might not have really wanted to, and I wouldn't give them sh*t about that...but it does look like it to me, though I can't prove it, when Jack is on top of Ennis in SNIT, that kiss.  Hard to tell, but they did it good enough that we can think that if we want I guess...

kathy

It certainly had the appearance of it.  But even without any tongues involved, it was breathtaking enough to be one of the (in not THE) greatest cinematic kisses of all time.


Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

  • BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 26918
  • Gender: Male
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
Re: Spittle
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2007, 06:27 PM »
CSC, you gotta see this. There is definitly spittle and it gives this scene a realism never before seen in mainsteam enertainment. The more I watch it the more  appreciation I have for these two daring young actors who put so much passion into this breathtaking scene, Jakey G. and Heathy L. :cr) :c)

I will have to take a much closer look!!
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline orangetruck

  • Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 5421
  • Gender: Male
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
Re: Spittle
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2007, 06:34 PM »
It certainly had the appearance of it.  But even without any tongues involved, it was breathtaking enough to be one of the (in not THE) greatest cinematic kisses of all time.



Amen to that. :)
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline JT

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 3954
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
Re: Spittle
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2007, 08:40 PM »
I don't think any tongues were involve but it was a real kiss indeed.  The spit string definately made the kiss hotter and more intimate.  It's funny that when I see someone spits, it's kind of gross me out  :P, but it's so hot to see spit between two goodlooking guys. :d)

Offline orangetruck

  • Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 5421
  • Gender: Male
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
Re: Spittle
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2007, 09:07 PM »
I don't think any tongues were involve but it was a real kiss indeed.  The spit string definately made the kiss hotter and more intimate.  It's funny that when I see someone spits, it's kind of gross me out  :P, but it's so hot to see spit between two goodlooking guys. :d)


Mmm, I'm with you.
Spit outside of the mutual equation is, to me, discarded for a reason.
But when it's produced by the engaging of 2 men like this, it's almost as if it's the lubricant that insures smooth transitioning between primal and sensual; it's naive lust perhaps bridging its way to its inevitable santuaries of love -
Forever each other.

I may have become sidetracked... hmm  :s)
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline JT

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 3954
  • Gender: Male
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
Re: Spittle
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2007, 10:12 PM »

Mmm, I'm with you.
Spit outside of the mutual equation is, to me, discarded for a reason.
But when it's produced by the engaging of 2 men like this, it's almost as if it's the lubricant that insures smooth transitioning between primal and sensual; it's naive lust perhaps bridging its way to its inevitable santuaries of love -
Forever each other.

I may have become sidetracked... hmm  :s)

Nope, I think you're right on course!   ^-^

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: Spittle
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2007, 08:14 AM »

Mmm, I'm with you.
Spit outside of the mutual equation is, to me, discarded for a reason.
But when it's produced by the engaging of 2 men like this, it's almost as if it's the lubricant that insures smooth transitioning between primal and sensual; it's naive lust perhaps bridging its way to its inevitable santuaries of love -
Forever each other.

I may have become sidetracked... hmm  :s)

A good way of putting it, orangetruck .  :)


Offline Daniblondy

  • The Short Annoying Blue Eyed Blonde
  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 57
  • Gender: Female
Re: Spittle
« Reply #192 on: Jun 09, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Okies this sorta has to do with all the "Spittle" Talk but in the Tent Scene or SNIT in tent who says "Im Sorry" cause I was watching it yesterday with my Headphones on and they pick up all kinds of extra noises but I can't tell for sure if it was Jack or Ennis.

Im pretty sure Ennis/Heath's Mouth doesn't move but Jack's I hear say "It's Alright" but "Im Sorry" was too quick and I couldn't pick up.

Anyone know for sure who says it.

The Spittle Bridge between there two mouth's so cute I know exactly where to watch for it know hee  :8 O0 ;D :t)

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Spittle
« Reply #193 on: Jun 09, 2007, 09:23 PM »
Welcome, daniblondi, if I haven't said so already.

There are lots of things some people do and some people don't hear in the movie.  Nice you heard that "I'm sorry."  I would say Ennis says that, but won't swear by that.

And yes, the spittle thread when they kiss is quite beautiful, isn't it.

Here's the link to a thread about Jack saying "f**k me" but it covers all the other things we hear or don't hear...

kathy

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=3360.360

PS: the link takes you to last page, not first, sorry.
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

manhattangirl

  • Guest
Re: Spittle
« Reply #194 on: Jun 09, 2007, 09:43 PM »




Okies this sorta has to do with all the "Spittle" Talk but in the Tent Scene or SNIT in tent who says "Im Sorry" cause I was watching it yesterday with my Headphones on and they pick up all kinds of extra noises but I can't tell for sure if it was Jack or Ennis.

Im pretty sure Ennis/Heath's Mouth doesn't move but Jack's I hear say "It's Alright" but "Im Sorry" was too quick and I couldn't pick up.

Anyone know for sure who says it.

The Spittle Bridge between there two mouth's so cute I know exactly where to watch for it know hee  :8 O0 ;D :t)
 

I heard that too on earphones,  so I just switch to  English subtitles, just to make sure I heard what I heard, it was Jack who said it after the very first kiss,  it gave me a whole new view of that scene,  Jack was so gentle, caring at that moment.   

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Spittle
« Reply #195 on: Jun 09, 2007, 10:46 PM »
Manhattangirl: That is beautiful, that Jack said it.  So he said "I'm sorry" after the first kiss, then "It's alright," it's alright"?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline Daniblondy

  • The Short Annoying Blue Eyed Blonde
  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 57
  • Gender: Female
Re: Spittle
« Reply #196 on: Jun 10, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Jack does indeed say "Im Sorry" twice just before he and Ennis are lying side by side in the SNIT scene.

The It's Alright comes just after they have had there first kiss  O0 :*( :)

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: Spittle
« Reply #197 on: Jun 10, 2007, 05:03 AM »
I heard that too on earphones, so I just switch to English subtitles, just to make sure I heard what I heard . . .

OT - The subtitles can be very helpful, however they are notorious for being inacurrate and/or MIA at critical moments. . . .
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline Asali

  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 12882
  • Gender: Female
Re: Spittle
« Reply #198 on: Jun 10, 2007, 07:23 AM »
I am so going to have to watch it again now, I do love seeing the spittle so any excuse to watch it again, not that I need an excuse.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

manhattangirl

  • Guest
Re: Spittle
« Reply #199 on: Jun 10, 2007, 08:42 AM »
OT - The subtitles can be very helpful, however they are notorious for being inacurrate and/or MIA at critical moments. . . .

OT-You make a good point.   The first copy of Brokeback subtitles even looked different from the 2-dis collector's edition.  I've viewed both, so you do have to be very careful.   Excellent point.