Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724159 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #5130 on: Jan 21, 2012, 12:26 PM »
 :_(

The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5131 on: Jan 21, 2012, 01:27 PM »

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #5132 on: Jan 21, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #5133 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:05 AM »
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5134 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:49 AM »
Time flies...yet the pain remains.

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Heath, I swear ...

Offline Korona1969

• Cassie
« Reply #5135 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:43 AM »
I remember that day, four years ago, so vividly. We had our carpets cleaned and the house stank of chemicals. I was in a bad mood until I turned on the television and saw the terrible news. I watched for a few hours, as they played interviews and some early footage of Heath flying in a small plane.

In the afternoon I listened to ABC radio. For hours people paid tribute to this young man who had touched hearts. It was an outpouring of grief and love. He will not be forgotten.
Time to hit the hay, cowboy.
He could smell Jack, the intensely familiar odor of cigarettes, musky sweat, and a faint sweetness like grass, and with it the rushing cold of the mountain.

I'll get this joy off of my chest at last - And I will love you 'til the noise has long since passed
All the way to the thing we've been playing at, darlin' - I can see that you're wearing your staying hat, darlin'
For the time being all is well - Won't you love me a spell?
-Joanna Newsom

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #5136 on: Jan 22, 2012, 11:05 AM »

Four years...Damn ¡ :_( :_( :_(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5137 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Time flies...yet the pain remains.

So true.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5138 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:56 PM »

Heath, I swear ...

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #5139 on: Jan 22, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Four years...damn  :_( :_( :_(

We will always remember you, Heath.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline GayFred37

• Alma Jr.
  • LOVE is a Force of MY Nature ! El Pequeño ZORRO !
« Reply #5140 on: Jan 22, 2012, 03:41 PM »
DEAR HEATH !...

FOUR YEARS !!! DAMNED !!!     :_(      >:D

YOU MISS ME !!! AND YOU MISS TO JACK !!!

"s;"      :s:      :cb:      }s{

LOT OF KISSES FROM THE FOXY !!!      :h}
Aaaahhhh !!!...  :cowb: ENNIS et JACK :cowf: , on vous AIME !!!...  :mout:
 :santa:  :farao:

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5141 on: Jan 22, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Four years...damn  :_( :_( :_(

We will always remember you, Heath.

Yes, we will  :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #5142 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:52 PM »

La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #5143 on: Jan 22, 2012, 11:41 PM »
He was a gifted actor and a loving person. We who knew him through his movies and interviews will miss him and remember him. Sadly his little girl will be just like us.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #5144 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:27 AM »
Heath, you are missed! :_(
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5145 on: Jan 26, 2012, 09:29 PM »
I was watching an old episode of The Ghost Whisperer this weekend and thought this quote from the main character to someone she was helping was particularly appropriate:

“You’re not dead. As a matter of fact nobody ever dies. You want to know why? Because you’re gonna live inside everybody who ever knew you. Everyone you ever touched, no matter how little. And the people who love you - your family, your friends - they’re never going to stop thinking about you. Or talking about you. They’re never going to forget you  ‘cause that never goes away. You’re never going to die because you were loved. Because you loved. You’re gonna live forever. We all will.”

Rest in peace, Heath. And thank you for all you gave us while you were here.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5146 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Such an appropriate quote..thanks x

Heath, I swear ...

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5147 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:57 AM »
Words from Terry Gilliam about Heath...

"Any time I try to describe Heath it becomes a series of clichés, because he was extraordinary and, unfortunately, most of those clichés have already been used up on lesser people.

He was one of those blessed human beings who have the facility to do so many things at the same time. When he wasn't acting, he was directing music videos and supporting young musicians. He was working on the script for a film he was preparing to direct. He had an incredibly artistic side, and he was practically a grand master at chess. That's why, when he died, it was as if half of the world had collapsed.

None of us could deal with it. It was impossible - that was the problem. It was absolutely impossible that this could be a fact. But there it was. I was working in the art department when I heard the news, and we stayed there all afternoon. At sunset, thousands of ravens flew over the window and I thought: those are the ravens from The Brothers Grimm, and they are all going to salute Heath.

In terms of his acting, it still rankles with me that he's dead because he would have been streets ahead of anyone else in his generation. He just kept getting better and better. He was fearless. On Parnassus, he was improvising all the time and it was better than what we had written. I don't normally encourage that kind of improvisation, but in a sense I felt Heath was writing this film. He was an incredibly funny performer when he wanted to be - his comic timing was just extraordinary - and then he could break your heart the next minute.

Usually, with actors, it's all about themselves. But it was never like that with Heath. He was completely supportive of everything else around him. He got better performances out of other actors - he just drew it out of them. He was utterly generous and always aware of everyone else, and he behaved as if there was nothing special about him - he was just a guy.

When he died, there were all these nonsensical stories coming out about Heath Ledger, James Dean and River Phoenix, all destroyed by the system - but that's bullshit. What happened was an absurd accident. I still don't understand it. I know he was exhausted - the last thing he said was that he was so tired and just wanted to sleep. You actually think at certain times angels come down to earth and Heath might have been one of them. And then he's gone and you think: this is all wrong, all the other people should be dead. He should be leading us all into a wonderful world of adventure."

Offline BBMsheep

• Jack + Ennis
  • Little Darlin'
« Reply #5148 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:27 AM »
This is important so please read!!!!

Everybody, please sign this petition and say NO to a movie about Heath's death. This kind of movie only invites rumors and speculations, and we've had enough of those in the days after his passing. It will be hurtful to his family, his friends, and anybody who loves him. Michelle Williams is also strongly against this movie since she fears it would only hurt Matilda. One day a movie celebrating Heath's life and achievements will be appropriate, but certainly not a movie that focuses on the circumstances around his death. Please sign this petition and help by spreading the word - forward it to your friends, post it on your facebook page, whatever. Thank you!

http://www.webpetitions.com/signatures/say-no-to-a-movie-about-heath-ledger-s-death/8604

This is the content of the petition:

"Recently we found out there are plans to make a movie about Heath Ledger's death..
We, the fans, are not happy to hear about these plans. This movie will be based on speculations only, it will hurt Heath's daughter Matilda, his parents, his sisters and other family. It will also hurt his true fans. Therefor, this movie will not at all contribute to anything good.
We ask everybody to sign the petition and spread it around the world. These plans for this awful movie must be stopped!

We will try to approach as many movie companies and producers and other people who matter in this industry as we can. But we need your help also. Spread this link, make everybody sign the petition.
Heath and his loved ones do not deserve to be hurt this much more."

I sign this petition.

Heath and is family deserve respect.
He was such a great person, and a wonderful actor. So sensitive and unique.
We will always remember him.

Marie
It could be like this - just like this - always

Later, that dozy embrace solidified in his memory as the single moment of artless, charmed happiness in their separate and difficult lives. Annie Proulx

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5149 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:48 AM »

TODD HAYNES: "This is an unimaginable tragedy. Heath was a true artist, a deeply sensitive man,
an explorer, gifted and wise beyond his years. There is no finer person on this earth."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5150 on: Feb 06, 2012, 03:46 PM »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5151 on: Apr 11, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Sometimes it hits me - the impossibility of him being gone. I think of the early days here, how much fun I had on the "Oh baby" thread and how I swooned over his pictures there, how I craved every piece of new information about him. I was looking forward to more wonderful roles in future movies. I was waiting for the Oscar I knew he was going to win one day. If someone told me then that in a couple of years I'd be mourning his death... it's something that the mind can't grasp. How can someone like him, so young and talented and invincible, just die all of a sudden??

Offline Forever

• Jack
« Reply #5152 on: May 26, 2012, 07:14 AM »
Sometimes it hits me - the impossibility of him being gone. I think of the early days here, how much fun I had on the "Oh baby" thread and how I swooned over his pictures there, how I craved every piece of new information about him. I was looking forward to more wonderful roles in future movies. I was waiting for the Oscar I knew he was going to win one day. If someone told me then that in a couple of years I'd be mourning his death... it's something that the mind can't grasp. How can someone like him, so young and talented and invincible, just die all of a sudden??

Yes Keren, he was so young and so talented, I think that Heath didn't want to become a big movie star, ironically he became one, the pressure was too high then, I think that Heath was too sensitive for the Industry... :_(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:23 AM by Forever »
you have no idea how bad it gets!!!

Offline Forever

• Jack
« Reply #5153 on: May 26, 2012, 07:44 AM »
You're Just Too Good To Be True
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I Thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
But If you feel like I feel
Please let me know that it's real

I love you baby and if it's quite all right
I need you baby to warm the lonely nights
I love you baby, trust in me when I say
Oh pretty baby, don't bring me down I pray

Oh pretty baby, now that I've found you stay
And let me love you baby, let me love you

You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive

In loving memory of Heath, song from '10 things I hate about you'

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:02 AM by Forever »

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #5154 on: May 27, 2012, 02:22 AM »
Thank, Forever. Heath was so amazingly talented, multi-talented...athletic and a great singing voice...  :_(

:_( I bought the DVD for 10 Things soon after his death, but never managed to watch it. That, and The Order are two DVDs that are still in their wrapper. I've watched Knight's Tale many times, Four Feathers a few times, and Casanova as well, but never felt strong enough to get into other movies. Lords of Dogtown put me into depression for days and weeks. I had to quit watching Ned Kelly after half-hour.

I think I will watch 10 Things to find out how it ends. There's no rein on this one. Love is never ending.  :( :_(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5155 on: May 27, 2012, 03:42 AM »
I'm sure this article has been posted before, but I just came across it and decided to post it again for those of you who might have missed it, because I love it so much. I love hearing Heath's friends talking about him, and hearing about Heath's regular day-to-day life away from the cameras. Reading this also brought back memories from my short visit to NY, our lovely breakfast at the Five Leaves, our visit to Washington Square Park... If I had more time there I would've loved to go to more of these places where he used to hang out.

A Brooklyn Restaurant, in Heath Ledger’s Memory

After the actor Heath Ledger died in January, the fate of a restaurant and bar he had planned to open in Brooklyn was thrown into question. Then in July, his family announced that it would release money from his estate to complete the business.

On Sept. 17, the restaurant-bar, Five Leaves, opened at 18 Bedford Avenue, near the Greenpoint-Williamsburg boundary. In an interview, Mr. Ledger’s business partner, Jud Mongell, and Scott Campbell, a tattoo artist who was also a friend of the actor’s, traced the evolution of their friendship with Mr. Ledger, who they say relished his friendships with ordinary people.

Mr. Mongell said he was introduced to Mr. Ledger at a beach party in Australia more than two years ago, not long after the filming of the influential drama “Brokeback Mountain” (2005), for which Mr. Ledger was nominated for an Oscar.

Two weeks after the beach party, they met again at a wedding, and standing in the corner of the dance floor, they chatted the night away and discovered similarities in their lives, Mr. Mongell recalled. “I had lived in L.A. and N.Y., and so did he,” Mr. Mongell said. “I went to Burning Man, he went to Burning Man -– all this stuff came up.”

From music to motorbikes, tattoos to coffee, and even daughters who were the same age, the men linked one conversation to the next. Mr. Mongell and Mr. Ledger both had plans to move to New York in the following months. They broached the idea of opening a coffee shop together and decided to stay in touch.

“When I got to New York, I thought I should give that dude Heath a call, but I figured he was probably real busy,” Mr. Mongell said. “I was sure he’d screen me.” But Mr. Ledger’s phone barely rang twice before he answered, eager to pick up where they had left off, Mr. Mongell recalled.

Mr. Ledger was on his way to Saved Tattoo in Williamsburg for the first time, where he was to meet Mr. Campbell, on the recommendation of Helena Christensen, the Victoria’s Secret model.

“It’s funny because the first time he came in, I didn’t even know who he was,” Mr. Campbell said, recalling that he was unable to fit the actor into his very busy schedule that day. While Saved Tattoo is notorious for having waiting times as long as three months, Mr. Campbell asked the actor to come back a week later for the bird tattoo he wanted.

“Heath would come hang out at the tattoo shop all the time, and they started talking about doing something around here,” Mr. Campbell said. (Mr. Ledger showed up for his appointment, but he already had the bird tattoo on his arm because he said he hadn’t been patient enough to wait. But he wasn’t happy with the tattoo, so he kept the appointment with Mr. Campbell, who fixed it.)

The next day, when a photographer stopped by the tattoo shop asking about Mr. Ledger’s tattoo, Mr. Campbell realized who he was. “Oh yeah, sorry mate,” Mr. Campbell recalled Mr. Ledger saying when told about the photographer. “I just did this movie, ‘Brokeback Mountain.’ ”

Mr. Campbell did a half-dozen more tattoos for Mr. Ledger. “I don’t know how many times he would call me at, like, 8 a.m., 6 in the morning with tattoo ideas — he would be jet-lagged, just flew in from somewhere on a completely different time schedule, and he would be like ‘Ohhh! I just saw this in a book. I decided what I want to get tattooed! I was like, ‘Okay, cool, we will get around to it!’ ”

Mr. Ledger would insist that he would be there in 20 minutes or so, Mr. Campbell said. “I’m like, Heath, it’s 7 in the morning; just call me later,’ ” he recalled. “I’d hang up the phone, and like half an hour later, he’d be knocking on my door, like, ‘Let’s go!’ ”

The actor soon introduced Mr. Mongell to Mr. Campbell, and the three became fast friends.

As his celebrity status escalated in the aftermath of “Brokeback Mountain,” Mr. Ledger yearned for genuine human interaction, his friends said.

“We would all hang out in the West Village, and he was just like the guy with a cigarette,” Mr. Campbell said. “He loved when anyone would react to him as a normal person. He really appreciated that.” Mr. Ledger would give out his cigarettes and strike up conversation with just about anyone, he said. But the minute anyone said, “You’re Heath Ledger,” the conversation would become stilted, he said.

“He’d be like, ‘Yeah, that’s right’ and he would let that conversation just end there,” said Mr. Mongell. “And then they could either have regular conversation or there would be no more conversation.”

Mr. Ledger would open up more to fellow Australians, Mr. Campbell said. “Australians have this amazing camaraderie,” he said. “They run into each other anywhere, and if you’re Australian, it’s like, ‘Cool, what do you need? Do you want my wallet? What?’ Amazing.”

Mr. Ledger lived in Boerum Hill with the actress Michelle Williams and their daughter, Matilda, until the couple separated. During that time, he spent much of his free time in Greenpoint and Williamsburg, where he discovered the triangular-shaped space for the future restaurant-bar while skateboarding, Mr. Campbell said.

At one point, Mr. Ledger made an offer to buy out an elderly Polish woman running a barbershop in the neighborhood. “He even pitched an offer for the whole building,” Mr. Mongell said. “He was going to build a commune for all of his friends,” Mr. Campbell added.

The original idea of a coffee shop morphed into a plan for an Australian-meets-American restaurant-bar that would serve local and organic fare. “This would have been Heath’s hangout,” said Mr. Mongell, who now runs Five Leaves with his wife but still refers to Mr. Ledger as an equal partner in the business. Mr. Ledger’s father, Kim, is managing the business’s finances.

Over time, the Williamsburg community became desensitized to Mr. Ledger’s celebrity presence. He would show up at the local lounge Zebulon to watch soccer with the bartenders or show up at Union Pool with the crew from Dumont Burger. He took the wheel of the DJ booth and laid down a few tracks at the hipster hangout Enid’s for a birthday party of fewer than a dozen people. “After a while, Heath had all his regular spots around here, and no one would call Page Six anymore when he walked in the door, because nobody cared,” Mr. Campbell said. “He was the Williamsburg dude.”

Mr. Campbell said that Mr. Ledger loved having friends around. Mr. Campbell raided the actor’s closet and slept on his couch. There were always people coming and going at Mr. Ledger’s place, drinking tea, using the computer and gathering around for dinner. Mr. Ledger was always manning the barbecue grill or making espresso. “If he could cook at his house with an ocean of people laying on the living room floor watching movies, that was his heaven,” Mr. Campbell said. “That and his daughter, Matilda -– she was everything to him.” Aside from his production company endeavors, Mr. Ledger also planned to build a drive-in at an old garage to watch movies with his daughter.

Mr. Mongell, who described himself as Mr. Ledger’s “boring” friend who organized play dates for their daughters and was always talking business, said the actor truly lived the New York experience. He taught his daughter how to skateboard. He rode his bike over the Williamsburg Bridge. He visited farmer’s markets. He played chess in Washington Square Park, and he brought coffee for the paparazzi.

“He really just took New York and rolled with it,” Mr. Mongell said. “He was just one of us, man.”

Offline BBMsheep

• Jack + Ennis
  • Little Darlin'
« Reply #5156 on: May 28, 2012, 09:04 AM »
Forever, thanks for posting the video, I never seen it before!

Keren, thanks for sharing this article, loved it!

:t)  :-*
It could be like this - just like this - always

Later, that dozy embrace solidified in his memory as the single moment of artless, charmed happiness in their separate and difficult lives. Annie Proulx

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5157 on: May 28, 2012, 12:08 PM »

Heath, I swear ...

Offline Forever

• Jack
« Reply #5158 on: May 29, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Thank, Forever. Heath was so amazingly talented, multi-talented...athletic and a great singing voice...  :_(

:_( I bought the DVD for 10 Things soon after his death, but never managed to watch it. That, and The Order are two DVDs that are still in their wrapper. I've watched Knight's Tale many times, Four Feathers a few times, and Casanova as well, but never felt strong enough to get into other movies. Lords of Dogtown put me into depression for days and weeks. I had to quit watching Ned Kelly after half-hour.

I think I will watch 10 Things to find out how it ends. There's no rein on this one. Love is never ending.  :( :_(

My God Lance I thought that I was a very HSP (translation, high sensitive person) but when I read your post I realize that you are a Super high sensitive person! I surfed today to the website of highsensitivity.org and guess what? Heath was a HSP too! The article said that Heath during the promotion of BBM in His hometown Australia cried the all night through because some photographer during the premiere had insulted him and threw water to his face. Poor Heath! He was really too sensitive for the industry and for fame too...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:05 PM by Forever »

Offline Forever

• Jack
« Reply #5159 on: May 29, 2012, 04:36 PM »
Forever, thanks for posting the video, I never seen it before!

Keren, thanks for sharing this article, loved it!

:t)  :-*

Your welcome BBMsheep! But as a matter of fact this is not a video clip but the film '10 things I hate about you' with Heath and Julia Stiles, the film is a modern adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew of William Shakespeare. I rewatched the film yersterday and I can tell you that the presence and the charisma of Heath overshadows the other actors!