Author Topic: Oh baby...pix  (Read 4179712 times)

Offline NoReins

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7677
  • Gender: Female
  • Redlined it all the way
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3210 on: Aug 11, 2006, 01:59 PM »








'Scuse me - I had to quote these 'cos I've just finished watching Casanova. Damn....I thought I was becoming more of a Gyllenhaalic till I watched that :d) :d) :d)
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline FulOfSadness

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 537
  • Gender: Male
  • I am the crescendo of Sadness
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3211 on: Aug 11, 2006, 02:01 PM »
He looks so beautiful in Casanova, like a flower of overpowering manliness ;D
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness

Offline Hanna

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10078
  • Gender: Female
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3212 on: Aug 11, 2006, 02:13 PM »
keren, veeery good choices!!!!! ;)

 :d)  :d)
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3213 on: Aug 11, 2006, 05:07 PM »
He looks so beautiful in Casanova, like a flower of overpowering manliness ;D

You think?  More than as Ennis?  I'd call Ennis overpowering manliness.  I don't know what I'd call Casanova, yet.  I guess I should get it, huh?  Especially I like to think of the fact that Heath filmed it directly after being Ennis -- how that must have felt, to prance around a little, move more freely, indulge in hetero sexualness?  I've heard it's not that great, but of course I'll watch it anyway.

I just saw Ten Things the other day by chance on TV.  And at the end, I recalled I had seen at least that part of it before.  Obviously, Heath didn't make a huge impact on me, other than as a cute boy.  I remember liking the girlfriend, but didn't see Heath Ledger as the next big thing.  Neither was I knocked over by him in Monster's Ball.  I mean, I was very impressed with that character, but didn't like rush to find out, who IS that guy??

That of course has all changed now. <^(

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline FulOfSadness

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 537
  • Gender: Male
  • I am the crescendo of Sadness
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3214 on: Aug 11, 2006, 05:31 PM »
He looks so beautiful in Casanova, like a flower of overpowering manliness ;D

You think?  More than as Ennis?  I'd call Ennis overpowering manliness.  I don't know what I'd call Casanova, yet.  I guess I should get it, huh?  Especially I like to think of the fact that Heath filmed it directly after being Ennis -- how that must have felt, to prance around a little, move more freely, indulge in hetero sexualness?  I've heard it's not that great, but of course I'll watch it anyway.

I just saw Ten Things the other day by chance on TV.  And at the end, I recalled I had seen at least that part of it before.  Obviously, Heath didn't make a huge impact on me, other than as a cute boy.  I remember liking the girlfriend, but didn't see Heath Ledger as the next big thing.  Neither was I knocked over by him in Monster's Ball.  I mean, I was very impressed with that character, but didn't like rush to find out, who IS that guy??

That of course has all changed now. <^(

kathy

I think they uglied him too much when he was Ennis. He was still good-looking, but man, he has looked better. But they had to make him look like a cowboy ranch man, that worked all his life.
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness

Offline NoReins

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7677
  • Gender: Female
  • Redlined it all the way
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3215 on: Aug 11, 2006, 05:40 PM »
I think he was gorgeous as young Ennis and also as older Ennis when he smiled, but he didn't do that often. His smile is never far away in Casanova though, which I guess is why I love him in that so much. There's just something about that smile....
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

greenfrog

  • Guest
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3216 on: Aug 11, 2006, 06:58 PM »
He is so beautiful . . .
[/i]
:d) <^(  :d) <^(  :d) <^(  :d) <^(  :d) <^(


Offline FulOfSadness

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 537
  • Gender: Male
  • I am the crescendo of Sadness
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3217 on: Aug 11, 2006, 07:03 PM »
He's definitly, definitly still hot as hell. I think Ennis is good looking, but Heath has looked better because they 'uglied him up' to match the role. You can't have all cowboys look supermodels (pornos excluded)
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness

Offline theresa

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 541
  • Gender: Female
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3218 on: Aug 11, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Beautiful as they are (and they are exquisite) Pictures don't do the man justice.  He is so much more handsome in person.  He really is and a thousand times sweeter and gentler.  Such a good man.  I started out a fan years before I ever met him the first time, I was a total fan, yet for some unknown reason, I was just as calm when I attended the Lords of Dogtown premier with my daughter (she's an actress here) and met him the first time.  Everytime I talked with him that night which was several times, I stayed totally calm.  I shocked even myself.  I guess it was just kind of surreal.  I think I was literally so overwhelmed that I couldn't react.  Then after the premier and party were over and we were heading to our car to be taken home, I just couldn't take another step.  I stopped and leaned against the big brick wall of this building shortly before the car we were assigned to and just started to sob.  My daughter knew how much it meant to me to meet him because I admire the person he is so much as well and she wrapped her arms around me and cried with me.  Everyone walking past us thought someone just shot our best friend and our dog or something I'm sure. 

Little did either of us know that he would end up a friend.  Even though we are now comfortable old buds, it still hits me every now and then.  My co-admin at HLC lives in Heath's hometown of Perth, yet has never met him at home in Oz though she has attended many events with his mom, dad and step dad.  (Actually his step dad, Roger, stomped her foot by accident at the Perth premier of BBM and Heath's mom gave him quite a fussing at for it.  My co-admin, Ingrid, came to visit me here in LA in February and I talked with him and arranged to take her to meet Michelle on Thursday night and then take her to meet and spend some time with him on Friday night.  As we approached him, she just stopped.  She couldn't even move.  Right at that moment I knew that feeling so well.  He felt for her you could tell because being his sweet gentle self, he reached his hand out to her and I gently put my hand on her back and moved her forward.  He spent time making her feel comfortable and she did great after that.  He's painfully shy and he knows what it's like to feel like that.  So I watched her and I swear I felt everyone of her emotions because I had felt them myself at one time.  She stayed perfectly calm as well.

After about 2 hours we headed home and stopped for a drink along the way.  Then sitting there in the restaurant, totally unexpected, she just broke into tears.  Just pure emotion.  I can't tell you what it meant to me to be able to give her a moment like that.  It's one of the greatest gifts I ever received and one she will cherish for a lifetime.

Sorry I wrote this here, just your response to the pictures brings it all vividly to mind.  Life is funny isn't it.  Who'd have thought that a little country girl from a town of 2,000 in the hills of Virginia would at 49 years old give up her entire life, take off for Hollywood with her daughter and write movies and produce plays and become drinking buddies with someone she will always idolize.  Even now, every time I see him, those first few seconds are the same adrenaline rush and fluttering heart (I am still an adoring fan nonetheless) and I have had to work very hard to learn to draw that fine line between the devoted fan (which I will always be because that's just me), the friend and the professional relationship.  But it's gotten much better.

The main reason I wrote this was God knows how I adore pictures of him (obviously since I've got almost 18,000 of them on cd's stuffed all over my home, LMAO [talk about overkill]) but the one thing that even the most perfect and beautiful picture of him can't convey is his kindness in his eyes.  He is one of the most kind, loving, wise, gentle spirited and hysterically funny people I have ever known.  I am terribly proud to be a fan of his.

Thanks for letting me babble on like an idiot.  I'm having a total Heath fan moment.  Sorry, I know having someone do that is annoying.  I promise it doesn't happen often.

Hugs
Theresa
Theresa

Offline babycakes

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3219 on: Aug 11, 2006, 11:38 PM »
Holy smokes you guys,

I just discovered this forum tonight and I am completely overwhelmed! This is the greatest thing ever; I sure wish I had known about it earlier! Such a wealth of incredibly beautiful Heath-pics and lovely messages and such a nice warm feeling from you all. This is my first post on this forum and naturally I had to come straight to the Heath section, as I have been a fan of the guy for awhile now and that is rapidly becoming quite the obsession. I am loving that he's becoming so high-profile, what with all the new and exciting projects in the works--It's a good time to be a fan!

So anyway...thanks for feeding my obsession with the glorious visuals! and please don't mind me stopping in to gush.

This is wonderful!

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3220 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:55 AM »
Thanks for letting me babble on like an idiot.  I'm having a total Heath fan moment.  Sorry, I know having someone do that is annoying.  I promise it doesn't happen often.

Hugs
Theresa

Theresa, if it's up to me I'd say "babble on" for as long as you want and as often as you want!! I enjoy so much reading everything you have to say about him. you're the only one here that knows him in person, and it's so interesting to hear what he's really like. And since a lot of us (if not all of us) here are Heath fans, I can't imagine anyone finding it annoying...  ;)
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3221 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:59 AM »
Holy smokes you guys,

I just discovered this forum tonight and I am completely overwhelmed! This is the greatest thing ever; I sure wish I had known about it earlier! Such a wealth of incredibly beautiful Heath-pics and lovely messages and such a nice warm feeling from you all. This is my first post on this forum and naturally I had to come straight to the Heath section, as I have been a fan of the guy for awhile now and that is rapidly becoming quite the obsession. I am loving that he's becoming so high-profile, what with all the new and exciting projects in the works--It's a good time to be a fan!

So anyway...thanks for feeding my obsession with the glorious visuals! and please don't mind me stopping in to gush.

This is wonderful!

Hey babycakes, and welcome to the forum!! this is a little heaven on earth for all Brokaholics wherever they are... there are so many threads to write in and so many issues to discuss! feel free to dive in  ;)
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3222 on: Aug 12, 2006, 02:03 AM »
Thanks for letting me babble on like an idiot.  I'm having a total Heath fan moment.  Sorry, I know having someone do that is annoying.  I promise it doesn't happen often.

Hugs
Theresa

Theresa, if it's up to me I'd say "babble on" for as long as you want and as often as you want!! I enjoy so much reading everything you have to say about him. you're the only one here that knows him in person, and it's so interesting to hear what he's really like. And since a lot of us (if not all of us) here are Heath fans, I can't imagine anyone finding it annoying...  ;)

My sentiments exactly.  Theresa, I liked your story, and I like hearing that Heath is as he seems to be -- a real and kind and funny man.  Besides what we all know -- beautiful and talented.  So you share anything you want with us here.  We adore and respect him.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 11571
  • Gender: Female
  • brokeback got us good
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3223 on: Aug 12, 2006, 02:05 AM »
Holy smokes you guys,

I just discovered this forum tonight and I am completely overwhelmed! This is the greatest thing ever; I sure wish I had known about it earlier! Such a wealth of incredibly beautiful Heath-pics and lovely messages and such a nice warm feeling from you all. This is my first post on this forum and naturally I had to come straight to the Heath section, as I have been a fan of the guy for awhile now and that is rapidly becoming quite the obsession. I am loving that he's becoming so high-profile, what with all the new and exciting projects in the works--It's a good time to be a fan!

So anyway...thanks for feeding my obsession with the glorious visuals! and please don't mind me stopping in to gush.

This is wonderful!

Well we're glad you came...and there's a whole lot to feed your obsession here and people to share it with!

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3224 on: Aug 12, 2006, 02:35 AM »
After all this fascinating posts about our boy we need something to be back on topic  <^(




"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline theresa

  • Jack
  • *****
  • Posts: 541
  • Gender: Female
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3225 on: Aug 12, 2006, 04:39 AM »
Beautiful as always.
Theresa

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3226 on: Aug 12, 2006, 04:46 AM »
A Knight's Tale









The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3227 on: Aug 12, 2006, 05:07 AM »
Casanova. he's so handsome here...  <^(





















The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3228 on: Aug 12, 2006, 05:49 AM »






The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3229 on: Aug 12, 2006, 06:42 AM »
 Sweet and naughty...   <^(






"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline siredevienne38

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 44
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3230 on: Aug 12, 2006, 08:36 AM »
this pic reminds of the young Marlon Brando - it looks like taken in the 50's O0

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3231 on: Aug 12, 2006, 10:41 AM »

Quote
this pic reminds of the young Marlon Brando - it looks like taken in the 50's O0

Because it's  B/W,picture but isn't he just delicious here??
YUMMY.. :i
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3232 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:08 AM »
  My 1500 is dedicated as usual my dear Heath/Ennis    <^(



"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline babycakes

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3233 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:20 AM »

Theresa, if it's up to me I'd say "babble on" for as long as you want and as often as you want!! I enjoy so much reading everything you have to say about him. you're the only one here that knows him in person, and it's so interesting to hear what he's really like.

 Theresa, it's marvelous to hear confirmed what I have always hoped. What a great story about your co-worker meeting him and how he went out of his way to put her at ease!  That demonstration of simple kindness shows the sort of decency one would hope the object of one's admiration would have, and it's just so neat to hear it affirmed.

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3234 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:58 AM »
  My 1500 is dedicated as usual my dear Heath/Ennis    <^(

 &**)Congratulations on your 1500 hpv!! &**)
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline NoReins

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7677
  • Gender: Female
  • Redlined it all the way
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3235 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Casanova. he's so handsome here...  <^(




Ah....that's gorgeous Keren <^(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

greenfrog

  • Guest
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3236 on: Aug 13, 2006, 06:03 PM »
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2006, 06:10 PM by greenfrog »

Offline Hanna

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10078
  • Gender: Female
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3237 on: Aug 13, 2006, 06:07 PM »
oh, thank you for this pic, greenfrog!! :^^)
I've never seen it!
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline christie wood

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15455
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3238 on: Aug 13, 2006, 06:51 PM »
oh, thank you for this pic, greenfrog!! :^^)
I've never seen it!

Me neither! thanks Greenfrog, new pics are always welcome (but you know I love the old ones, too!)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15455
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: Oh baby...pix
« Reply #3239 on: Aug 13, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I think they uglied him too much when he was Ennis. He was still good-looking, but man, he has looked better. But they had to make him look like a cowboy ranch man, that worked all his life.


"they uglied him too much"????? What film did you see?    ???   totally disagree with that, Ennis was beautiful.  Whether he smiled or not, whether it was because he was a ranch hand who worked all his life or not, he was beautiful. 



I know this is a Heath thread, but just had to prove my point.  :)

Feel better now.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger