Author Topic: BBM TV Alerts (post em all here)  (Read 32240 times)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
BBM TV Alerts (post em all here)
« on: Jan 23, 2006, 02:02 AM »
Join us for the SAG live thread tonight (1/29/06) at 7 pm EST.

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=920.0

Oprah has taped a BBM show. Don't know the exact schedule. Please check the listing and post it here as soon as anyone knows.

Video clip of the preview

http://rapidshare.de/files/11475085/Oprah_Brokeback_Promo.mpg.html

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2006, 02:40 PM by ennisandjack »
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

greenfrog

Re: Oprah Taped BBM show
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2006, 02:32 AM »
Thank you Ethan. I can't wait to see the show.  8) Or the movie for that matter.  :D

Offline monicita

• Jack
Re: Oprah Taped BBM show
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2006, 07:06 AM »
Why haven't you seen the movie yet? Poor you.

monicita
Love is a many splendoured thing...

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
The cast of brokeback will be on the today show January 31st

Offline j

• Alma Jr.
How did you find this out.?I know they taped the show on January 19 but I had been searching for when it was going to be aired and  no luck.

Good Going!
J

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
How did you find this out.?I know they taped the show on January 19 but I had been searching for when it was going to be aired and  no luck.

Good Going!
J

I saw the alert about the today show on another board..but still have no idea when oprah will air. I hope its not too long away because I'm going crazy with anticipation here  ;)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
I saw the alert about the today show on another board..but still have no idea when oprah will air. I hope its not too long away because I'm going crazy with anticipation here  ;)

I am just thinking that Oprah show is waiting for the right moment. Anytime from the Oscar nominations to the award. I am sure as soon as it is determined, you will see it here. So stay tuned.  ;)
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline j

• Alma Jr.
I even went and subscibed to the Oprah on line board as I wanted to MAKE SURE I would see it. In fact I am going to have a little cocktail time with some friends and then dinner later in the evening while we discuss every inuenedo. ; )
So far I guess we think it is going to be January 31.
Hey you know what would be fun would be to get the people on the board that live in the same area to watch it together. : )
J

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
I even went and subscibed to the Oprah on line board as I wanted to MAKE SURE I would see it. In fact I am going to have a little cocktail time with some friends and then dinner later in the evening while we discuss every inuenedo. ; )
So far I guess we think it is going to be January 31.
Hey you know what would be fun would be to get the people on the board that live in the same area to watch it together. : )
J

J, sorry for any confusion my post left...but the 31st date is actually for the 'Today Show' which airs in the mornings on NBC and is hosted by Katie Couric and Matt Lauer. We are still waiting for confirmation of the date Oprah will air. However...

I've seen two posts on the net that it will be aired on Friday...just not sure yet if its this Friday or next Friday. I'll post an update when I know for sure.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
I've seen two posts on the net that it will be aired on Friday...just not sure yet if its this Friday or next Friday. I'll post an update when I know for sure.

and dear ennisandjack..you know what your next task will be? right?
Post a link of the interview...coz think of the poor souls living in the UK, or anywhere else, where Oprah is not aired...we have Oprah here..but the episode are shown with great delays!!!

x froggy
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
and dear ennisandjack..you know what your next task will be? right?
Post a link of the interview...coz think of the poor souls living in the UK, or anywhere else, where Oprah is not aired...we have Oprah here..but the episode are shown with great delays!!!

x froggy

No worries Frog you can count on me. As soon as I see it online I'll post a link  :-*

Offline Kindred

• Lureen
Just saw an Oprah commercial advertising the BBM episode airing Friday, which I assume means this Friday January 27 since she usually only announces 1 week at a time.

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
Just saw an Oprah commercial advertising the BBM episode airing Friday, which I assume means this Friday January 27 since she usually only announces 1 week at a time.

Thanks for the info  :)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
GReat!  Can it be posted here then?  I assume it will on I heart Jake.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline guajillo55

• Cassie
I'm probably alone in this feeling, but I don't want to see either Heath or Jake out of their BBM characters. Not just yet anyway. So I won't be watching Oprah, or any other TV interviews.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
I'm probably alone in this feeling, but I don't want to see either Heath or Jake out of their BBM characters. Not just yet anyway. So I won't be watching Oprah, or any other TV interviews.

Hello guajillo55, welcome and thanks for first posting. I don't think you are alone and I can understand your feeling. I saw BBM on 12/9 and took me some time to really digest the characters and had the same felling like yours. If you want to see them later, I am sure you will find them online.

Again, welcome and enjoy this forum and BBM experiences.

Offline Kindred

• Lureen
The episode is officially scheduled for Friday the 27th per Oprah's website.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
The episode is officially scheduled for Friday the 27th per Oprah's website.

Thanks for confirming this.

Offline jack twist

• Cassie
anyway to see the interview for us o/seas plebs duz she have it online on her site after the show? hope someone tapes it converts it so we can see would b gr8 dying to see what theyre like, well i know what heaths like hes from here but the rest  ??? thnx
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2006, 07:06 AM by jack twist »

Offline Kindred

• Lureen
Oprahs website now has a short preview on the episode.

http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml

Offline Buddy

• Alma Jr.
Attention LA Viewers

If anyone is planning to tape 1/27 Oprah (VHS), I would like to borrow your tape. I can make the copy myself.

Please contact me: buddy@utla.net
Thank you so much.

Offline Jack_ME

• My philosophy
  • Lureen
  • Jack in Maine
[/color]
I know what you are saying, guajillo 55, and I felt very similar...but I did see Jake on Leno (Jan 13) and Heath on Leno (Jan 17) and I also saw Heath on DVD Brothers Grimm, and you know what? It did NOT ruin or affect my appreciation of Brokeback Mountain, the movie. I had seen the movie before these references, and I've seen it after. Though the characters in BBM are SO REAL (which is why we all have a buzz about it), the actors are NOT these characters. See the actors and you will gain a whole new appreciation of what EXCELLENT ACTING these guys did.
Jack in Maine
MY PHILOSOPHY DISCLAIMER: All my comments concern the MOVIE and the content and inferences obtained there. All interpretations, projections, speculations, and opinions about plot and characters are based SOLELY on the content of the movie. They can not be argued or debated by quoting the printed short story. A comparison of the two media is an interesting discussion but must be a separate discussion.

Offline monicita

• Jack
Does anybody have a link to the "Jake on Leno" episode? I've never been able to find any...

thanks,

monicita
Love is a many splendoured thing...

Offline Jack_ME

• My philosophy
  • Lureen
  • Jack in Maine
Does anybody have a link to the "Jake on Leno" episode? I've never been able to find any...

thanks,

monicita

monicita, Jake is scheduled to be on Leno TONIGHT, Thursday January 26. But if you go to NBC and check schedule there you might notice that on some future Leno shows, the guest list ends with this *ALL NEW*, where as that notation is NOT on tonight's show with Jake scheduled. My conclusion is that tonight is the repeat of the Jan 13 show. Time will tell.
Jack in Maine

UPDATE: I just checked the archives at the Leno show web site and ALL THE GUESTS of the Jan 13 show are scheduled for tonight, Jake, and Steve Irwin, and a music performance group...(forgot name) So it seems clear tonight is a repeat show of Jan 13.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2006, 03:10 PM by Jack_ME »
MY PHILOSOPHY DISCLAIMER: All my comments concern the MOVIE and the content and inferences obtained there. All interpretations, projections, speculations, and opinions about plot and characters are based SOLELY on the content of the movie. They can not be argued or debated by quoting the printed short story. A comparison of the two media is an interesting discussion but must be a separate discussion.

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
http://www.youtube.com/?v=6fO-0yCFj2k

CANT WAIT.. !!

But... In France... We'll.. lol Time to find it  in web the show *sad*
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline aconite20

• Cassie
can someone put a link on utube or use rapidshare to put the Oprah show on here. Oprah won't be shown around Europe.

regards,

BBM Sufferer

ps, Someone said they didn't want to see the cast in real life or interviews or other films and it got me to thinking. Do i want to see Ennis and Jack sitting on Oprahs couch and Ennis is with Alma after-all!!!!! Jeeesuuss, I'm a sad bastard!!!!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
can someone put a link on utube or use rapidshare to put the Oprah show on here. Oprah won't be shown around Europe.

regards,

BBM Sufferer

ps, Someone said they didn't want to see the cast in real life or interviews or other films and it got me to thinking. Do i want to see Ennis and Jack sitting on Oprahs couch and Ennis is with Alma after-all!!!!! Jeeesuuss, I'm a sad bastard!!!!

For those anxious mind, I will try to get something. Please stay tuned.

Offline ladyme

• Cassie
Ad for the Ophra show on television this evening said that the cast from BBM would be on tomorrow (1-27-06)

Offline jack twist

• Cassie
wonder if u can tape it upload it somehow..i cant wait 1 yr lol  :'(

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Link to the Oprah show containing the topics discussed and a slide show.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200601/20060127/slide_20060127_350_101.jhtml

Preview of the show http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2006, 08:09 AM by ethan »