Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724170 times)

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4380 on: Jan 15, 2009, 03:09 PM »
Dear Cleo :ghug:

you write with so much passion and soul!

Sometimes, when I watch Heath's pics, I have this stupid idea, like about BBM that maybe something could change, that maybe if we do something than maybe he could still be here  ^*() ..... but nothing could be done. The truth is so merciles.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

We are all in this pain together Cleo!  :ghug:

Thankyou for your kind words Loreen..I think we all get these ideas but reality strikes and its all gone..We gota stand it and we will...
Heath we love u so much...
Hugs to all  :ghug:  :ghug:  :ghug:

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #4381 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:16 PM »

I just got done reading all of the quotes that "EW" did for Heath and wow..I, I don't even know what say. Some of the thoughts on Heath I knew already, some I never knew. It makes me so sad to see such an amazing person, such an unbelieve soul, just ripped away from the world. But then I take a step back and think. I have heard people saying that he was almost an old soul, coming to change the world until his time was done. Sometimes I have that belief that may be that was the way it was Heath. He lived his life, full of life and when it was time for him to go, he would. I try to hold that concept close but when moments like this, when you realize that you miss him so much, that you realize again and again that he really is gone...I let go.

Earlier this week, I was saying to many of my friends that 1/22 is going to be hard on me, that I'm barly going to say much of everything. Then later that night, I was speaking to my best friend and asked if she'd be willing to go through a day of silence, for Heath's sake. She didn't pause at all and said, "There's nothing else that I would've love to do". I was almost stunned by her sudden reaction....now I have asked another friend to do it as well and she didn't hestiate either. I'm thankful to have such a warm and comforting group of friends..
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4382 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:18 PM »
I just want to thank you all I don't think I would have gotten through this year without the support of my fellow Brokies and Heathens.  

I can't believe it's been a year since that sweet guy was with us.  Doing what he loved to do best, make movies.  Being his goofy, silly, sensitive loving self.

It might be silly to say that I can love someone I never knew in person.  And I have this strong feeling that if I'd known him we would have been friends.   And there couldn't be much better than being friends with him (if you've read what his friends had to say about him)   he was a gentle, tender soul that left us way too soon.  And sometimes it hurts so much I can hardly stand it.   :\'(
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4383 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:22 PM »

I just got done reading all of the quotes that "EW" did for Heath and wow..I, I don't even know what say. Some of the thoughts on Heath I knew already, some I never knew. It makes me so sad to see such an amazing person, such an unbelieve soul, just ripped away from the world. But then I take a step back and think. I have heard people saying that he was almost an old soul, coming to change the world until his time was done. Sometimes I have that belief that may be that was the way it was Heath. He lived his life, full of life and when it was time for him to go, he would. I try to hold that concept close but when moments like this, when you realize that you miss him so much, that you realize again and again that he really is gone...I let go.

Earlier this week, I was saying to many of my friends that 1/22 is going to be hard on me, that I'm barly going to say much of everything. Then later that night, I was speaking to my best friend and asked if she'd be willing to go through a day of silence, for Heath's sake. She didn't pause at all and said, "There's nothing else that I would've love to do". I was almost stunned by her sudden reaction....now I have asked another friend to do it as well and she didn't hestiate either. I'm thankful to have such a warm and comforting group of friends..

That is wonderful.   I don't think I could go through a day of silence since there is a child in the house.  BUT I will light a candle and put on some things that will remind me of Heath.  I have a pair of the red fingerless striped gloves he liked to wear (a friend got them for me at the Marc Jacobs store in Manhattan)  and someone else made a leaf necklace for me,  similar to the leaf tattoo he had on his right hand.

yes Jan 22nd is going to be very tough.  Ironically that is the same day they announce the Academy awards nominees.   I know Heath will be on that list. 
 :ghug:

Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #4384 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:33 PM »

It might be silly to say that I can love someone I never knew in person.  And I have this strong feeling that if I'd known him we would have been friends.   And there couldn't be much better than being friends with him (if you've read what his friends had to say about him)   he was a gentle, tender soul that left us way too soon.  And sometimes it hurts so much I can hardly stand it.

No, it's not. I know exactly what you're saying and it's hard for me to communicate with people who don't understand. Heath really did have some really strong people behind him. It must've been more than a loss of a friend to them as well as for the people who has always adored and respected his work..

That is wonderful.   I don't think I could go through a day of silence since there is a child in the house.  BUT I will light a candle and put on some things that will remind me of Heath.  I have a pair of the red fingerless striped gloves he liked to wear (a friend got them for me at the Marc Jacobs store in Manhattan)  and someone else made a leaf necklace for me,  similar to the leaf tattoo he had on his right hand. Yes Jan 22nd is going to be very tough.  Ironically that is the same day they announce the Academy awards nominees.   I know Heath will be on that list. :ghug:

Thanks. It's great that your doing something as well. I have a Heath wristband that I wear everyday. It's amazing because sometimes I will forget to put in one after a shower or getting in the morning and now without a thought in her mind, my mom will walk all the way to get and hand it to me, no words asked.

I know. When I heard that it's on the same day, I couldn't believe it. It's going to be hard for all of us to watch the show and at the same time realize that he wasn't there to receive it..
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #4385 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:33 PM »
I just want to thank you all I don't think I would have gotten through this year without the support of my fellow Brokies and Heathens.  

I can't believe it's been a year since that sweet guy was with us.  Doing what he loved to do best, make movies.  Being his goofy, silly, sensitive loving self.

It might be silly to say that I can love someone I never knew in person.  And I have this strong feeling that if I'd known him we would have been friends.   And there couldn't be much better than being friends with him (if you've read what his friends had to say about him)   he was a gentle, tender soul that left us way too soon.  And sometimes it hurts so much I can hardly stand it.   :\'(

I know how you feel, Linda.

I think next Thursday is going to hit us all very, very hard :\'(

But I truly believe we'll get through it, together...the same we got through the last twelve months :ghug:
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4386 on: Jan 17, 2009, 01:13 AM »

You took the words right out of my mouth, Linda.  Perfectly said.

Our beautiful boy...given to us for a while.  And better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, huh?

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4387 on: Jan 17, 2009, 06:41 AM »

I feel the same way.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4388 on: Jan 17, 2009, 10:01 AM »
I feel the same way.

I can't tell you how much I feel the same, too.   :ghug:

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4389 on: Jan 17, 2009, 10:01 AM »

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4390 on: Jan 17, 2009, 01:10 PM »

That is so true Laura...these words reflect my hearts feelings too..I cant believe that Heath is gone and I miss him so very much but he is alive in my heart forever..

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4391 on: Jan 18, 2009, 02:35 PM »
 :ghug: Cleo  :ghug:

It's morning here, and I've not long been out of bed.  I'm not sure if I was dreaming of Heath or not, but the first thought in my mind as I woke up was an an image of him from the final scene of Candy.  I could almost hear that beautiful voice as if it were right there.  It was saying, "When you're granted a reprieve, I think you should remember...how thin it really is."  Just like he said in the film. 

I don't know why, but it just pierced me.  That scene always makes me cry, as it is...when Heath cries, I cry, always without fail,...but this was far worse, more deeply felt for some reason.   

And what makes it more...I don't know...I'm not even coherent or awake yet...but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that the feeling was just so strong, and what makes it even more poignant is that I had "Shelter For My Soul" in my head at the same time.  The haunting and beautiful song from Ned Kelly that has always moved me something fierce. 

Man, I still can't shake the intense feeling that this has left me with.

Anyway, just needed to vent.  Apologies for spamming the thread for the second time with my half-asleep, incoherent ramblings at 6:30 am...

On this day last year, our Heath was still here and that just hurts so much to consider.  He was here, but only had four days left in this world.   :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4392 on: Jan 18, 2009, 02:45 PM »

It's morning here, and I've not long been out of bed.  I'm not sure if I was dreaming of Heath or not, but the first thought in my mind as I woke up was an an image of him from the final scene of Candy.  I could almost hear that beautiful voice as if it were right there.  It was saying, "When you're granted a reprieve, I think you should remember...how thin it really is."  Just like he said in the film. 

I don't know why, but it just pierced me.  That scene always makes me cry, as it is...when Heath cries, I cry, always without fail,...but this was far worse, more deeply felt for some reason.   

And what makes it more...I don't know...I'm not even coherent or awake yet...but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that the feeling was just so strong, and what makes it even more poignant is that I had "Shelter For My Soul" in my head at the same time.  The haunting and beautiful song from Ned Kelly that has always moved me something fierce. 

Man, I still can't shake the intense feeling that this has left me with.

Anyway, just needed to vent.  Apologies for spamming the thread for the second time with my half-asleep, incoherent ramblings at 6:30 am...

On this day last year, our Heath was still here and that just hurts so much to consider.  He was here, but only had four days left in this world.   :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Dear Laura, I like your post so much, you explain what you feel, I appréciate  :clap:  In spite of my own problems, I am still crying about Heath's death...(to young to die  :\'()  :^^)
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4393 on: Jan 18, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Dear Laura, I like your post so much, you explain what you feel, I appréciate  :clap:  In spite of my own problems, I am still crying about Heath's death...(to young to die  :\'()  :^^)

:ghug: Simone  :ghug:  Thank you, friend.  I will continue to keep you, your husband and family in my prayers.   :ghug:

babytammy7

« Reply #4394 on: Jan 18, 2009, 03:09 PM »

God... :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

(((Laura)))  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4395 on: Jan 19, 2009, 12:05 AM »

Well, Laura, you've got company in your tears...  That's what I keep thinking, also, that this time last year Heath was still with us... 

Tonight I have a lazy Sunday night, a holiday off work tomorrow, and I'm going to watch Casanova.  I only saw it once, and it is just the thing -- amusing and lighthearted, and a totally gorgeous Heath.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4396 on: Jan 19, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Thanks for the consoling words, Tammy and Kathy.   :ghug:

Kathy, that is a good idea -- hopefully the lighthearted tone will help lighten your own heart.  Good choice.   

And of course you're totally right about a way gorgeous Heath as Casanova.   <^( 

It's now  4:25 pm here, I'm almost finished with work for the day...yet the intense feeling of missing Heath that I woke to hasn't really subsided at all.   :\'( 

Kathy, I may have to do the same as you tonight.  :)  I'm in need of some lighthearted and gorgeous Heath fare, too. 

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4397 on: Jan 19, 2009, 12:02 PM »

something i made...

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4398 on: Jan 19, 2009, 01:16 PM »

something i made...

that's so beautiful maggie...

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4399 on: Jan 19, 2009, 02:41 PM »

something i made...

So beautiful, Maggie.   :ghug: 

Heath is a treasure of the most precious kind, you are right.

So very treasured...

vedrana

« Reply #4400 on: Jan 19, 2009, 04:52 PM »

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #4401 on: Jan 19, 2009, 06:06 PM »

The day I saw the newspaper  headlined an actor died. I ignored it  thinking it was not important at all to me who died.  But the day after when I saw the tv and heard the news. I  could not believe!  It was  the most beautiful face  I have ever seen .  My feet frozed. my hands cold and my eyes shed tears.
 This is  19th of January here in the Philippines.  and Heath was till in London shooting  some scenes for the film Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus .

He is going to fly  the next day  to New York  and will dine  and have a fine steak at one of his favorite hang outs.
he will be doing some groceries  the day of January 22.....cook a small ala-carte for his dinner.
Good hot bathe and good massage.  listen to  sweet music .  that song he rendered  in 10 things I hate about you... and maybe he wil like the song Michael Buuble rendition of " Just The way You Look Tonight". and get some good sleep.
 A phone rings at 8 AM  from his director friend  of  his Four Feathers movie.. they will talk bussiness. schedule another project after Imaginarium.......... How I wish ....................................... :\'(
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4402 on: Jan 20, 2009, 12:21 AM »
The day I saw the newspaper  headlined an actor died. I ignored it  thinking it was not important at all to me who died.  But the day after when I saw the tv and heard the news. I  could not believe!  It was  the most beautiful face  I have ever seen .  My feet frozed. my hands cold and my eyes shed tears.
 This is  19th of January here in the Philippines.  and Heath was till in London shooting  some scenes for the film Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus .

He is going to fly  the next day  to New York  and will dine  and have a fine steak at one of his favorite hang outs.
he will be doing some groceries  the day of January 22.....cook a small ala-carte for his dinner.
Good hot bathe and good massage.  listen to  sweet music .  that song he rendered  in 10 things I hate about you... and maybe he wil like the song Michael Buuble rendition of " Just The way You Look Tonight". and get some good sleep.
 A phone rings at 8 AM  from his director friend  of  his Four Feathers movie.. they will talk bussiness. schedule another project after Imaginarium.......... How I wish ....................................... :\'(

Oh, God, how we wish, how we wish.

:ghug: White Angel  :ghug:  Your post made me cry.   :\'(  Just the very idea that he was even here this 19th of January last year.   :\'(  Here, still beautifying the world with his presence.  Here, alive.

My heart is broken.   

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #4403 on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:56 AM »
Oh, God, how we wish, how we wish.

:ghug: White Angel  :ghug:  Your post made me cry.   :\'(  Just the very idea that he was even here this 19th of January last year.   :\'(  Here, still beautifying the world with his presence.  Here, alive.

My heart is broken.   

Laura. I was in a cafe yesterday posting about Heath , I then see again some of his movies reminishing memories of our dearest boy and read comments about his roles in those movies. Majority of those who made comments showed sympathy and respect and they said , where there is Heath. it must be a good movie. Heath got all the admiration  of those hearts who care and love him and so we are Laura and the brookies out there.

It is 10:25 PM , 20th of January, 2008. Heath is not in good shape to shoot the film but he is trying his best  with the help of those thick checkered socks and sweater and hood not to aggravate his condition  due to cold weather  in London where they are shooting in the open.
Heath never made a sigh  or got enough of his job  in this movie inspite of his condition. Blood running in his veins is of a real trooper. a good actor.

He is well love by his fellow actors and crews on the set.
He is well love by his fans waiting for the latest about Heath.

Shall I hear the latest about Heath?
Will he come  for the premiere of Imaginarium?
Will he walk on the red carpet and escape the spotlights flashing here and there?

I still lie to myself .

I am sorry but I just can't let him go.

Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4404 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:24 AM »

It is 10:25 PM , 20th of January, 2008. Heath is not in good shape to shoot the film but he is trying his best  with the help of those thick checkered socks and sweater and hood not to aggravate his condition  due to cold weather  in London where they are shooting in the open.
Heath never made a sigh  or got enough of his job  in this movie inspite of his condition. Blood running in his veins is of a real trooper. a good actor.

Oh, God...   :\'(  Such a haunting, sad image.  Him in his checkered socks in the cold London winter.  Ill, with walking pneumonia, but a trooper.  Still committed to his craft.  So staunch and beautiful.

So oblivious.   :\'(

Will he walk on the red carpet and escape the spotlights flashing here and there?

White_Angel....I can't even describe how much your pain-soaked questions rip my heart out.

*Devastated*

((((White_Angel))))  Neither can I.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4405 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:48 AM »

something i made...

Beautiful image and words,Maggie ¡ :^^) It's a great truth,because this memory is the only that remains of that person...But I'm still wondering to myself; why must we have only memories of him?... :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4406 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:57 AM »
...It is 10:25 PM , 20th of January, 2008. Heath is not in good shape to shoot the film but he is trying his best  with the help of those thick checkered socks and sweater and hood not to aggravate his condition  due to cold weather  in London where they are shooting in the open.

He is well love by his fellow actors and crews on the set.
He is well love by his fans waiting for the latest about Heath.

I still lie to myself .

White Angel,I think all of us have lied to ourselves more than one time during this long year without him.We have imaged how his attending to his last movie premiere would have been,how he had answered to the many talk shows he would have gone,how he would have lived his new projects...
Because HE'S ALIVE STILL.He's alive and he will be forever alive while we think in him and we remember him.Nobody is really and completely dead if an only person misses him,and this is not Heath's case;he lives inside us,inside thousands of persons. :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4407 on: Jan 20, 2009, 01:21 PM »
I'm an emotional mess this morning.  I stayed up pretty much all of last night to watch Obama's Inauguration, and to make my Anniversary tribute for Heath, for my YouTube channel that's dedicated to him.  The pride and joy of seeing the new American President being sworn in, and the pain of making the Heath tribute have combined to leave me feeling an odd elixir of mixed emotions. 

But I think, more than anything, what hurts is that Heath should have been here for this historic day.  He should have been here to witness something so pivotal, something that would no doubt have pleased him immensely.   :\'(

Sigh.  Long, drawn-out, sad sigh.

I don't know.  I can't seem to stay away from this thread lately; I keep spamming it up with my ramblings.  I guess I just need to think out loud about all this, or I fear I may burst or something.

Well, here's the tribute I made tonight.  I'll surely do another on the 22nd, and will post that here, too.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4408 on: Jan 20, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I'm sure it's a beautiful tribute Laura, but I can't bring myself to watch it. I feel like I can't deal with any of it right now. it's just too painful.

vedrana

« Reply #4409 on: Jan 20, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I'm an emotional mess this morning.  I stayed up pretty much all of last night to watch Obama's Inauguration, and to make my Anniversary tribute for Heath, for my YouTube channel that's dedicated to him.  The pride and joy of seeing the new American President being sworn in, and the pain of making the Heath tribute have combined to leave me feeling an odd elixir of mixed emotions. 

But I think, more than anything, what hurts is that Heath should have been here for this historic day.  He should have been here to witness something so pivotal, something that would no doubt have pleased him immensely.   :\'(

Sigh.  Long, drawn-out, sad sigh.

I don't know.  I can't seem to stay away from this thread lately; I keep spamming it up with my ramblings.  I guess I just need to think out loud about all this, or I fear I may burst or something.

Well, here's the tribute I made tonight.  I'll surely do another on the 22nd, and will post that here, too.

It's a lovely tribute Laura, but I am even sadder after watching it.   :\'(

(OMG, sorry I pressed the wrong emoticon - it should be the crying one -  ~) ) Now it's OK!
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2009, 04:29 PM by loreen »