Author Topic: *SPOILER* Your Thoughts after seeing the DVD  (Read 52233 times)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Re: *SPOILER* Your Thoughts after seeing the DVD
« Reply #60 on: Apr 08, 2006, 06:31 AM »
Ethan - I just finished, I've sobbed my way through. I'm a mess.  :'( I thought I was prepared this time to see it, but I wasn't.

Looks like we have a Post DVD syndrome now,  the PDS.  It's not a joke by the way, not at all. 

Can I have it too!!!
I want PDS!!!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Sunflower79

« Reply #61 on: Apr 08, 2006, 11:09 AM »
I just finished watching the bonus features..and I really enjoyed seeing the interviews, the clips, and hearing them talk about it. Seeing Jakes, Heaths, Michelle, and Anne talk about the movie and thier roles and the impact the movie has had was great..I highly reccomend watching the bonus features..there great..it makes me respect them more what they did and for the grea accomplishment they had with the film..wow it was good :)

Diana

« Reply #62 on: Apr 08, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Well, did you guys also hear Ennis saying "Later + Come here" in the Reunion scene (1st kiss, just before going upstairs to Alma). The whole story is getting very hot, if so ;D.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #63 on: Apr 08, 2006, 09:51 PM »
When I thought that I have a complete grasp of the movie, here comes something new!  ;D

Thanks for the insights. When I watched DVD the first time, I also heard the conversation between Ennis and Jack in the parking lot outside of Ennis apartment when they were going to their first fishing trip.

Cody, I know how it feels. Hope you feel better now. Froggy, PDS is waiting for you.  :)
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Blaze

• Cassie
« Reply #64 on: Apr 08, 2006, 10:28 PM »
you guys are cracking me up.  the same discussions are going on at dave cullens forum.  we are so all the same/
did you all hear jack say f*&k_____me when in FNIT.  look and listen real hard.  YOU ALL NEED TO BUY EARPHONES. When he and ennis are going at it in FNIT in the beginning after ennis goes in...watch jack and listen so close and you will hear a muffled f--k and then you will hear me (the me is really discernable). 

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does FNIT stand for??  ???

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #65 on: Apr 08, 2006, 10:32 PM »
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does FNIT stand for??  ???

First Night In Tent, Blaze.

It is also referred to as 1st Tent Scene and 2nd Tent Scene.
or
The Night of Lust and the Night of Love.
or
The Night of Passion and the Night of Compassion.

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006, 10:35 PM by Patriot1 »
Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline Blaze

• Cassie
« Reply #66 on: Apr 08, 2006, 11:06 PM »
Thank you, Patriot!!   :)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #67 on: Apr 09, 2006, 12:14 AM »
It took me 12  ??? 13  ??? Whatever viewings to notice Ennis reading his first postcard from Jack and we see him reading with his lips. He is silent, he reads the card, close up on his face and his lips are saying the words, no sound.  :P
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #68 on: Apr 09, 2006, 12:22 AM »
It took me 12  ??? 13  ??? Whatever viewings to notice Ennis reading his first postcard from Jack and we see him reading with his lips. He is silent, he reads the card, close up on his face and his lips are saying the words, no sound.  :P

I knew he was reading the post card but could never figure out why he was reading it with his lips moving.  Then I thought maybe because Annie said he was farsighted so I figured he had trouble reading it.  Then to, maybe he didn't learn to read much because of that.  It must have been next to impossible to get him glasses they were so poor.

But no, no sound came out of his mouth.

Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline donnaread

• Love is a force of nature
  • Alma
« Reply #69 on: Apr 09, 2006, 10:40 AM »

I knew he was reading the post card but could never figure out why he was reading it with his lips moving.  Then I thought maybe because Annie said he was farsighted so I figured he had trouble reading it.  Then to, maybe he didn't learn to read much because of that.  It must have been next to impossible to get him glasses they were so poor.

But no, no sound came out of his mouth.

Farsighted people hold things AWAY, not closer...maybe HEATH is nearsighted, even though Ennis is supposed to be farsighted.
This is the forest primeval.  The murmuring pines and the hemlocks, bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight...but where are the hearts that beneath it leaped...

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #70 on: Apr 09, 2006, 10:50 AM »
I have a theory, he just cannot believe what he is reading. The screenplay mentions Ennis had shaking hands but Alma diddn't notice. 
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline bram

• Jack
« Reply #71 on: Apr 09, 2006, 11:20 AM »
A lot of people move their lips when they read. Sometimes I move my lips when I'm thinking real hard about something, maybe that's it.
Dog Canyon, Texas is the most beautiful place in the world. You should check it out.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #72 on: Apr 09, 2006, 11:22 AM »
off topic  :-X

Congratulations for your 400 posts Bram  ;D
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline frances

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #73 on: Apr 09, 2006, 12:32 PM »
I'd like to ask you about the Bonus Features.
Are they good, interesting?

And mostly, can you confirm? There aren't deleted scenes in the DVD?
What about this one, for istance? We can see it in the trailer, but not in the movie.

P.S. Congrats, Bram!
My candle burns at both ends / It will not last the night / But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends / It gives a lovely light (Edna St. Vincent Millay)

Offline shieldmaid

• Jack
« Reply #74 on: Apr 12, 2006, 06:08 PM »
sorry, I know this is a bit of a non sequitur, not related to the conversation that's been going on, but I'm only 6 minutes into my first DVD viewing (!) and I already have comments: Ennis walks into Brokeback; Jack drives in suddenly in his black pickup.  Like the way Ennis gradually eases into their relationship while Jack dives in headfirst.  And his black truck is so striking against the landscape: look out!  And Ennis does.  Ahh . . . bliss.  :)

p.s. congrats, Bram!
some open space between

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #75 on: Apr 13, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Watched the DVD for the 2nd time tonight. I noticed that our boys' time on BBM is only 40 minutes or so. The more I see it, the shorter it gets.

My tears always start at the last scene of Jack and Ennis. The scene when Ennis embraced Jack from behind makes me cry every single time.

This time - the line "To Alma and Kurt" with a toast got me really bad. No one made a toast for Jack and Ennis.  :'( :'( :'(

Now I am exhausted again after seeing it.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #76 on: Apr 14, 2006, 08:36 AM »

This time - the line "To Alma and Kurt" with a toast got me really bad. No one made a toast for Jack and Ennis.  :'( :'( :'(

Especially if you couple that with the look Ennis has when Alma tells him. WHen he looks out the window. He really understands what he has lost and what he could have had.

Watched the DVD for the 2nd time tonight. I noticed that our boys' time on BBM is only 40 minutes or so. The more I see it, the shorter it gets.

I have started to watch only theyr time on brokeback and nothing after that some times :(
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #77 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Especially if you couple that with the look Ennis has when Alma tells him. WHen he looks out the window. He really understands what he has lost and what he could have had.

I know. It is heartbreaking just to see that. That is exactly what I was thinking. No one made a toast to him and Jack. If one day we get together, I will propose a toast "To Ennis and Jack"  :'( :'(

I have started to watch only theyr time on brokeback and nothing after that some times :(

That is a great idea. Thanks, Esme

tweric

« Reply #78 on: Apr 14, 2006, 07:57 PM »
At first, I kinda worried I might not enjoy this DVD because ... the screen is small! (It's a 32 inch sony, but compare to the big screen in the theater, oh well..) I couldn't even read the "trespasser will be shot" sign on the trailer door because it's all a blur! But, later, I started to pick up something I didn't notice during my 3 viewings in the theater. The tv screen is small, and I can't read the signs, but it's easier to pick up characters' body languages, especially their facial expressions. The most obvious one (that I didn't notice) was the scene when Ennis was at Jack's parents' house and Jack's father was first telling him jack's "crazy" ideas. For a brief moment, right before the shot moved back to Jack's father, I saw a faint smile on Ennis' face.

Other than that, the dark scenes are brighter on tv, so I saw more details (aka the first tent scene :p ) I didn't know Jack was hitting the floor (and with Ennis' hand?!). This scene was just too dark in the movie theater.

greenfrog

« Reply #79 on: Apr 14, 2006, 10:35 PM »
mmm hnmmm I watched it with the subtitles... i especially like the first tent scene:

[blankets rustling]

[grunts]

[belts clinking]

[moaning]

[ennis gasps]

All we need now is interprative dance, and we're there.  ;D

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #80 on: Apr 15, 2006, 01:53 AM »
All we need now is interprative dance, and we're there.  ;D

Do the Brokeback *dances*

Offline musicandsun

• Cassie
« Reply #81 on: Apr 15, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Hi this is my first message, sorry if the words are not all good but I'm from the Netherlands. I have seen brokeback Mountain many times, but unfortunately its not yet out on DVD here. But I'm very curious about the extras on the DVD. I like the movie very much and noticed many things after seeing the movie so much. I started collecting all movies from Heath and Jake and think the are excellent actors.

Greeting from the Netherlands

Petra

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #82 on: Apr 15, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Greeting from the Netherlands
Petra

Hello Petra. Welcome and thanks for posting your first one. You have found a home for BBM. Enjoy your time here.

Regarding the extras. In the US, the DVD comes with the following

Features:  Documentaries ("On Being a Cowboy: Directing from the Heart: Ang Lee" "From Script to Screen: Interviews with Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana" "Sharing the Story: The Making of Brokeback Mountain")

Hope to see you and read your posts sometimes.  :)

Sunflower79

« Reply #83 on: Apr 15, 2006, 08:33 PM »
I just watched brokeback for the third time..wow..I did pick up more this time than I have other times..i still cried my eyes out though  :'( :'(  I never noticed that at the last tent scene they were holding each other or cuddling in sleep..I also noticed the lightening when Jack was sleeping with the dog by him..and I did notice the tap Ennis gave him when he was bringing the fire wood to camp...I still didn't hear the words spoken in the second  scene either..I did try though and I didn't hear anything but grunts in the first tent scene as well..this movie just grabs and hits your heart and brings the tears..its so powerful and beautiful, the love they had, the love that lasted all those years..I also realized that the last postcard that was sent Ennis was reaching out to Jack..telling him that he wanted to get together and maybe they could work something out..just catching that brought even more tears to my eyes.. :'( :'( then with the shirts in the end when he is holding them..wow..this movie drains you emotionally on all levels...I feel very drained..but at same time I am in awe of the movie and how wonderful and powerfull it is..that love lasts and be something worth fighting for, and something worth keeping close to your heart..

Offline donnaread

• Love is a force of nature
  • Alma
« Reply #84 on: Apr 16, 2006, 08:09 PM »
After seeing this wonderful, beautiful, heartbreaking film in the theaters nine times, and probably more than that since I've gotten the DVD...I saw something today I never noticed before.  When Ennis and Jack are having their arguement by the river (their last meeting)...after Jack says "I wish I knew how to quit you!"...when Ennis turns around to say "Then why don't you, why don't you just leave me alone."  He turns around so fast a tear drops down...I swear I never saw that before.  It took my breath away.    :'(      And another thing I just noticed...I believe Jake is left handed.   Donna
This is the forest primeval.  The murmuring pines and the hemlocks, bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight...but where are the hearts that beneath it leaped...

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #85 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:52 AM »
saw the first 40 minutes this morning, while waiting to be relieved... and in the first tent scene...after Jack hits his hands on th groudn when they have sex, lo and behold, thay hold hands :) That just turned tha scene around for me... I have thought it was just about the sex and that the second one was about love, but this little thing just made it more than just sex, they held hands  during sex th first time... my oh my :)
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 02:54 AM by Esme »

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #86 on: Apr 17, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Some bizarre experience I had yesterday, I kept switching from the original version to the French dubbed one.  One particular moment, in French, stucked me very hard.

After the Motel scene when Ennis comes back home to pick up clothes and stuff for his first "fishing trip", Alma is left alone in the house holding Junior and crying.

In French it's a bit different, she holds Junior, she cries and whispers to her daughter "serres moi fort" (hold me tight)

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Interesting addition I would say, I just cried buckets when I realized.  Same now while I'm posting  :'(
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #87 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Some bizarre experience I had yesterday, I kept switching from the original version to the French dubbed one.  One particular moment, in French, stucked me very hard.

After the Motel scene when Ennis comes back home to pick up clothes and stuff for his first "fishing trip", Alma is left alone in the house holding Junior and crying.

In French it's a bit different, she holds Junior, she cries and whispers to her daughter "serres moi fort" (hold me tight)

Interesting addition I would say, I just cried buckets when I realized.  Same now while I'm posting  :'(

I was sure she said something similar in English too....

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #88 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:34 PM »

I was sure she said something similar in English too....

Bloody DVD, I watched the scene over and over again in English, she sobs and say something like "give me your hand"  :'( :'( :'(

Please, I don't want a new thread like did she or did she not said it, PLIZE!.  Loop viewing of scenes is not recommended by your doctor BTW.

:'(
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #89 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:36 PM »
ok...then why did u start it mister? LOL!!!