Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1729376 times)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4590 on: Jan 26, 2009, 12:47 AM »
Dreamed about Heath tonight, again...  :\'(
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4591 on: Jan 26, 2009, 01:06 AM »
I'm just totally overjoyed by his win.  Christa was too.  (and thank you for the sweet compliment.  She really is a love.  A comedic actress by trade.)  She has just pulled so hard for him for every award so she felt really exceptionally pleased at the privilege of participating in the outcome of this one.
Theresa

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4592 on: Jan 26, 2009, 06:53 AM »
I'm just totally overjoyed by his win.  Christa was too.  (and thank you for the sweet compliment.  She really is a love.  A comedic actress by trade.)  She has just pulled so hard for him for every award so she felt really exceptionally pleased at the privilege of participating in the outcome of this one.
Me too,Theresa¡  &**) I'm really glad about all this award's rain that is pouring over our boy ¡.And thank you so much for your comments these last days ¡; I didn't know you before,but it's as if I knew you from a long time already... :^^) My best regards to your daughter too ¡.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4593 on: Jan 26, 2009, 10:10 AM »
You're so right Theresa. I feel that I want everyone around me to know how special and wonderful he was, I want them to know and to remember that. I keep a folder with all the articles and the tributes that were written about him by his friends and colleagues - Luke Davies, Neil Armfield, Terry Gilliam, Shekhar Kapur, Chris Nolan... all of them. all the quotes from his friends and his family who share their memories of him. I was talking to a friend of mine today and I told her, if you've read all those tributes, you'd understand. You'd understand why I'm still so affected by him, why I can't forget him, because he was so brilliant and talented and such an amazing human being, so special. I'm overwhelmed every time I read these things. Everyone who worked with him tells of how perceptive and intelligent and mature he was, so wise beyond his years, "an old soul". everyone says how incredibly humble and sweet he was, so full of life and positive energy, so charismatic and charming, what a big generous heart he had, his amazing ability to give. You hear that over and over again, from everyone who knew him. Both Shekhar Kapur and Terry Gilliam said he was like an angel who came down to earth, and that speaks volumes. You read all these things and you feel what a rare soul he was, how incredibly special and gifted. The outpouring of love from everyone who knew him is amazing... and I desperatly want everyone around me to read all that, to get to know what kind of person he was, and then they'd realize why I love him so much.

I can't imagine Heath fading into obscurity. not him. Because he wasn't just a pretty face or a sex symbol, he was so much more than that. Years from now his work will still be here to remind people of how gifted he was, but it's up to us to also remind them how soulful he was, what a rare human being. That's why I treasure so much all these little personal stories of people's encounters with him, they reveal so much of his inner beauty. He deserves to be remembered this way.

Keren, you always seem to save me from writing lengthy posts here, because you seem to speak not only from your own heart but also straight from mine.  As always, I find myself agreeing with your every word.

It has sure been a very sad and emotional past week for all who loved and continue to love Heath.  The 22nd was hard enough, a very difficult day for me, especially with my grandma suffering a heart attack and stroke that afternoon really exacerbating the sadness.  Over the Aussie long weekend my Nana began to improve, and we were all so optimistic, but sadly, in the early hours last night, she suffered another stroke and passed away.  And as such, I'm just so devastated.  Obviously, at losing my dear, beautiful Nan, but this awful and unexpected loss somehow serves to confound my PHS; a ramification of this new grief.   :\'(  I suppose that hearing about his SAG win has helped somewhat, though.  Another truly deserved accolade for our beautiful boy. 

Thanks to those of you who were so kind as to PM me with your well-wishes after reading about my Nana last Friday.  Your thoughts and prayers were a big source of consolation during such a sad period.  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4594 on: Jan 26, 2009, 01:18 PM »
(((((((((Laura)))))))))   :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4595 on: Jan 26, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Me too,Theresa¡  &**) I'm really glad about all this award's rain that is pouring over our boy ¡.And thank you so much for your comments these last days ¡; I didn't know you before,but it's as if I knew you from a long time already... :^^) My best regards to your daughter too ¡.

Thank you so much.  Coming back here feels like coming home.
Theresa

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4596 on: Jan 26, 2009, 02:22 PM »
Keren, you always seem to save me from writing lengthy posts here, because you seem to speak not only from your own heart but also straight from mine.  As always, I find myself agreeing with your every word.

It has sure been a very sad and emotional past week for all who loved and continue to love Heath.  The 22nd was hard enough, a very difficult day for me, especially with my grandma suffering a heart attack and stroke that afternoon really exacerbating the sadness.  Over the Aussie long weekend my Nana began to improve, and we were all so optimistic, but sadly, in the early hours last night, she suffered another stroke and passed away.  And as such, I'm just so devastated.  Obviously, at losing my dear, beautiful Nan, but this awful and unexpected loss somehow serves to confound my PHS; a ramification of this new grief.   :\'(  I suppose that hearing about his SAG win has helped somewhat, though.  Another truly deserved accolade for our beautiful boy. 

Thanks to those of you who were so kind as to PM me with your well-wishes after reading about my Nana last Friday.  Your thoughts and prayers were a big source of consolation during such a sad period.  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Oh honey how heartbreaking.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4597 on: Jan 26, 2009, 02:42 PM »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4598 on: Jan 26, 2009, 02:45 PM »
I'm posting this tribute again for everyone who haven't read it yet... it just speaks volumes of the kind of guy Heath was. One of these little personal stories that I love so much.

http://nottheredbaron.deviantart.com/art/Heath-and-Heather-75602428

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #4599 on: Jan 26, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Dreamed about Heath tonight, again...  :\'(

me too, had not happened in ages though!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4600 on: Jan 27, 2009, 08:48 AM »
Oh honey how heartbreaking.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

(((((((((Laura)))))))))   :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Thank you so much, guys.   :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:  The outpouring of sympathy from the Brokies has been unbelievable, and so comforting.  I'm just about to go answer all the PMs I've received from a big bunch of beautiful Brokies in the last day.   :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Don't you lovely people ever change.  That's an order.  :)  The world needs every compassionate, caring, loving person like you that it can get. 

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4601 on: Jan 27, 2009, 09:19 AM »
So sorry Laura to hear about your sad loss...... :ghug:
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4602 on: Jan 27, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I'm posting this tribute again for everyone who haven't read it yet... it just speaks volumes of the kind of guy Heath was. One of these little personal stories that I love so much.

http://nottheredbaron.deviantart.com/art/Heath-and-Heather-75602428

I love this Keren...its such a lovely recollection of Heath, what a lovely and warm person he must have been to know...

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4603 on: Jan 27, 2009, 10:02 AM »

Thanks sweetheart.   :ghug:

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #4604 on: Jan 28, 2009, 10:06 AM »

Me too, Laura. Hope you're coping :ghug:
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4605 on: Jan 30, 2009, 04:45 AM »

Dear Laura,
I am so sorry to hear about your gandma..I can imagine your pain as I am also very close to my Grandma,..Heath's loss was devastating to all of us...I know that this is a very difficult period for ya...I have faith that things will get much better for ya in time..Hold on dear and God will get u out of this...My prayers r with ya and your family....  :ghug:

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4606 on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:46 AM »
Me too, Laura. Hope you're coping :ghug:

Dear Laura,
I am so sorry to hear about your gandma..I can imagine your pain as I am also very close to my Grandma,..Heath's loss was devastating to all of us...I know that this is a very difficult period for ya...I have faith that things will get much better for ya in time..Hold on dear and God will get u out of this...My prayers r with ya and your family....  :ghug:

Thanks so much, guys.   :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4607 on: Feb 01, 2009, 03:12 PM »

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #4608 on: Feb 01, 2009, 04:18 PM »

OMG. Keren, that's gorgeous <^( :\'( <^( :\'(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

babytammy7

« Reply #4609 on: Feb 01, 2009, 04:24 PM »

God, Keren, this is a killer..... :\'( :\'( :\'( That so sweet smile..... :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4610 on: Feb 01, 2009, 04:30 PM »
I didn't make it, I found it on myspace. I thought it was so beautiful...

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4611 on: Feb 01, 2009, 04:56 PM »

Thats beautiful, thanks for posting Keren  :)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4612 on: Feb 05, 2009, 09:28 AM »

So beautiful.  Thanks, Keren.   :^^)  :ghug:

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4613 on: Feb 12, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Good morning everyone. 

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.  I ask please that the mods move it if this is wrong and accept my apologies for misposting it.

I'm coming to you guys to ask your help in spreading the word for me for something I have decided to do in Heath's honor.

I am blessed to have gifts that Heath gave me that I cherish dearly.  And, one of the causes that I write plays and make movies about is Human Rights and Gay Rights.  I have decided to auction off a very rare gift I was given by Heath and donate 50% of the proceeds of the profit it earns to help the ACLU's legal battle to revoke Prop 8, the law against same sex marriage.  The item is a rare Brokeback Mountain Oscar book that Heath gave me personally and is autographed by him.  It is in pristine condition and has been in a shadow box to protect it since he gave it to me.  I will be putting it on ebay.  I have to read up on how their auctions work before I list it which will probably be this weekend.  I will provide a legal, notarized Affidavit as to it's authenticity, where it's origin.  I truly believe that Heath would want this to be done with this book and he would want the proceeds to fight this awful travisty of a law.  I believe that we must sacrifice things we love in order to make a difference in the lives of others and Heath believed the same thing.  It would mean the world to me for this book to better the lives of my gay brothers and sisters, people whose lives Heath touched.  I have to walk the walk and talk the talk.

What I ask from you, is please spread the word that the book will be out there for auction and what the purpose of that auction is.  Please spread it to forums or other places on the web where you think it is appropriate.  I have not yet decided the charities that will receive the remaining 50% of the profits after the costs of the auction, but Prop 8 will receive it's 50% before costs.

I will provide you with more information, if that is ok with Chuck to put it here, as soon as I have things more concrete which should be the next couple of days.

Thank you all for your help and God bless you all.

Theresa
Theresa

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4614 on: Feb 13, 2009, 03:27 AM »
I watched the BAFTA awards few days back and Heath won the best supporting actor for his role in "The Dark Knight"..When his name was declared my face began to glow and when the award was taken on his behalf, I began to cry..  :\'(  :\'(

I swear, I have never ever cried for an Actor in my entire life..In the past we have lost so many Actors and Artist and I felt sad about it but never cried and felt heart broken and empty..I felt it for Heath and suddenly the picture of BBM flashed in front of my eyes and also certain videos that were made by fans on youtube on him and I felt like something huge is missing out in my life..I never understand that how come someone who I have not even met personally and who does not even know me and I am feeling so horrible and so empty without him..I think the answer is the love I feel for him and the pain I empathise with what he went through before he passed away...I will always love and miss Heath and he is alive in my heart...I feel his presence often...It is a strong feeling of attachment and love which I share with Heath and our Angel is always with us giving us the strength to survive our loss..

vedrana

« Reply #4615 on: Feb 13, 2009, 04:15 AM »
I watched the BAFTA awards few days back and Heath won the best supporting actor for his role in "The Dark Knight"..When his name was declared my face began to glow and when the award was taken on his behalf, I began to cry..  :\'(  :\'(

I swear, I have never ever cried for an Actor in my entire life..In the past we have lost so many Actors and Artist and I felt sad about it but never cried and felt heart broken and empty..I felt it for Heath and suddenly the picture of BBM flashed in front of my eyes and also certain videos that were made by fans on youtube on him and I felt like something huge is missing out in my life..I never understand that how come someone who I have not even met personally and who does not even know me and I am feeling so horrible and so empty without him..I think the answer is the love I feel for him and the pain I empathise with what he went through before he passed away...I will always love and miss Heath and he is alive in my heart...I feel his presence often...It is a strong feeling of attachment and love which I share with Heath and our Angel is always with us giving us the strength to survive our loss..

Cleo, dear! :ghug:
The same here....  :\'(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4616 on: Feb 13, 2009, 11:43 AM »
I suppose we have we have projected the love that we  felt for his character of Ennis to himself-simply that, without commenting that he was a person whom one could love for being just like he was… -. Perhaps no  one of us have identified so much an actor with a character, nor we had identified ourselves so much with an actor.  :c)
For that reason we have felt so much the pain for Ennis and,after that,so much the pain for Heath; certainly,we had loved him the same because he was deserved of it, but that identification gives it another perspective... Cleo,we felt just like you,so I only can tell you  :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4617 on: Feb 13, 2009, 11:52 AM »
What I ask from you, is please spread the word that the book will be out there for auction and what the purpose of that auction is.  Please spread it to forums or other places on the web where you think it is appropriate.  I have not yet decided the charities that will receive the remaining 50% of the profits after the costs of the auction, but Prop 8 will receive it's 50% before costs.

I will provide you with more information, if that is ok with Chuck to put it here, as soon as I have things more concrete which should be the next couple of days.

Thank you all for your help and God bless you all.

Theresa

On the part of me,there's absolutely no problem,Theresa;I'll tell it to any other places where Brokies are.Yes,I know Heath would be happy by helping so many people even not being already here...Do you know what? you're wholly lucky for having counted on his friendship;you must treasure it all the days in your life. :\'( :^^)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

vedrana

« Reply #4618 on: Feb 13, 2009, 01:47 PM »
I suppose we have we have projected the love that we  felt for his character of Ennis to himself-simply that, without commenting that he was a person whom one could love for being just like he was… -. Perhaps no  one of us have identified so much an actor with a character, nor we had identified ourselves so much with an actor.  :c)
For that reason we have felt so much the pain for Ennis and,after that,so much the pain for Heath; certainly,we had loved him the same because he was deserved of it, but that identification gives it another perspective... Cleo,we felt just like you,so I only can tell you  :ghug:

Sometimes, when I look Heath's pics and videos, I can not recognize him in Ennis. He was lost in the character of Ennis. He did something that none could do with that tacit character - he literary became Ennis. Therefore, when I'm down and my PBS is raging, I think that in BBM - Jack and Ennis both died!  :\'(

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4619 on: Feb 13, 2009, 02:29 PM »
On the part of me,there's absolutely no problem,Theresa;I'll tell it to any other places where Brokies are.Yes,I know Heath would be happy by helping so many people even not being already here...Do you know what? you're wholly lucky for having counted on his friendship;you must treasure it all the days in your life. :\'( :^^)

Thank you, I do treasure it more than I can say.  I will always aspire to be even a fraction of the human being that he was.  And, thank you for your support in this.  Word of mouth is a powerful tool.  Hopefully we will have a successful auction.

Theresa
Theresa