Author Topic: BBM Recital  (Read 2236193 times)

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9840 on: Apr 29, 2007, 08:39 PM »
Ennis:  he burried down there?  :\'(
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9841 on: Apr 29, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Lureen:

We put a stone up. He was cremated, like he wanted, and half his ashes was interred here. The rest I sent up with his folks. He use to say he wanted his ashes scattered on Brokeback Mountain, but I wasn't sure where that was. I thought Brokeback might be around where he grew up. But knowing Jack, it might be some pretend place where the bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9842 on: Apr 29, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Ennis:  No, ma'am, we herded sheep up on Brokeback one summer...
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9843 on: Apr 29, 2007, 08:51 PM »
Ennis:

. . . . back in '63.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9844 on: Apr 29, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Lureen:  Well, he said it was his favorite place.  I tought he meant to get drunk.  He drank a lot.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9845 on: Apr 29, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Ennis:

His folks still up in Lightin' Flat?
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9846 on: Apr 29, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Lureen:  They'll be there till the day they die.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9847 on: Apr 29, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I thank you for your time . . . . .

I sure am sorry . . .

we was good friends.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9848 on: Apr 29, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Lureen:  Get in touch with his folks.  I suppose they'd appreciate it if his wishes was carried out.  About the ashes I mean.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9849 on: Apr 29, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Ennis hangs up.

He looks like death.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9850 on: Apr 29, 2007, 09:20 PM »
(Next scene, Jack's parent's house in Lightning Flat)

Jack's mother:  Want a cup of coffee, don't you?  Piece of cherry cake?
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9851 on: Apr 29, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Ennis

Thank you ma'am. I'll take a cup a coffee, but I can't eat no cake just now.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9852 on: Apr 29, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Ennis:  I feel awfull bad about Jack... can't begin to telll you how bad I feel.  I knew him a long time.

La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9853 on: Apr 30, 2007, 07:53 AM »
Ennis:

I come by to say that if you want me to take his ashes up there on Brokeback - like his wife said he wanted - I'd be happy to . . . .



silence . . .

Ennis clears his throat.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline FlwrChild

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 18550
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9854 on: Apr 30, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Tell you what. I kn ow where Brokeback Mountain is. Thought he was too Godd*** special to be buried in the family plot.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9855 on: Apr 30, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Jack used to say, "Ennis Del Mar" he used to say, "I'm gonna bring him up here one of these days and we're gonna lick this damn Ranch into shape". he had some half baked notion the two of you was goin' a move up here, build a cabin, help run the place.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Hanna

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10078
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9856 on: Apr 30, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Then this spring he got another fella goin to come up here with him and build a place and help run the ranch, some ranch neighbour a his from down in Texas. He's goin a split up with his wife and come back here.

So he says. But like most of Jack's ideas it never come to pass.
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9857 on: Apr 30, 2007, 10:48 AM »
Jack's mum: I kept his room like it was when he was a boy. I think he appreciated that.
(pause)
You are welcome to go up to his room, if you want.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Hanna

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 10078
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9858 on: Apr 30, 2007, 10:58 AM »
I'd like that, ma'am, thank you.
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9859 on: Apr 30, 2007, 11:22 AM »
We see Ennis climb a narrow set of stairs. Enter Jack's room, tiny and hot, afternoon sun pouring through the west window, hitting the narrow boy's bed against the wall.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9860 on: Apr 30, 2007, 10:54 PM »
a well-used desk and a wooden chair stand against the other wall.  A small .22 hangs in a rack over the bed.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9861 on: May 01, 2007, 12:39 PM »
A window looks down on the dirt road stretching south . . . . The only road out of this godforsaken place. Ennis goes to the window opens it. Positions a wooden stick to prop it open.

Sits for a moment, looking out at the bleak place.

Turns, looks around the room.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9862 on: May 01, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Ennis sees the closet. gets up, walks over to it.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9863 on: May 01, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Sees Jack's old boots, then spots the shirts, hanging in the closet...
His shirt hidden here inside Jack's own shirt,covered with his blood...
From the SS :

 "The pair like two skins, one inside the other, two in one. He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands."
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9864 on: May 01, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I need a moment to recover. it seems wrong to just go on after that...  :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9865 on: May 01, 2007, 05:15 PM »
Ennis is back downstairs, the two folded shirts in his hands.

He nods to Jack's mother for permission to take the shirts, and gently shields them from the view of Jack's father.

He hands the two shirts to Jack's mother, she places her hand on Ennis' hand and puts the two shirts in a paper sack for Ennis.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:12 PM by jackster »
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline jacks_key

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 2466
  • Gender: Female
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9866 on: May 01, 2007, 08:16 PM »
 :\'( :\'( :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9867 on: May 02, 2007, 10:18 AM »
John Twist: Tell you what, we've got a family plot and he's goin' in it.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9868 on: May 02, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Ennis:

Yes sir.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline keren_b

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 23651
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #9869 on: May 02, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Jack's mum: you come back and us again.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.