Author Topic: BBM Recital  (Read 2237525 times)

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11520 on: Nov 14, 2009, 07:01 AM »
New Scene. Thanksgiving dinner at Monroe and Alma's house, dinner table with Monroe, Alma, Alma Jr., Jenny, and Ennis. Ennis all duded up with a good shirt, bolo tie, hair slicked back. Tension in the air as the family sits quietly, not much to talk about. Finally Alma Jr. looks at her mom nervously then looks at her dad,

ALMA Jr.: Daddy tell about when you rode broncs in the rodeo.
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11521 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:48 AM »
Ennis looks around, feeling uncomfortable suddenly put into the limelight, everyone waiting to hear his tale.

ENNIS:  Ugh, . . . . It's a short story honey was only about three seconds I was on that bronc. Next thing I knew I was flyin' through the air - Only I was no angel like you an' Jenny here, I didn't have no wings. An' that's the story of my saddle bronc career.

Cowboy Ennis is clearly adored by his young daughters, while Alma looks on with some disgust. Meanwhile Monroe seems oblivious and cuts more turkey.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11522 on: Nov 14, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Next scene:Ennis and Alma are on the kitchen.He is helping her taking there the dirty dishes.

-Ennis :-There you go.

-Alma :-You ought to get married again, Ennis. Me and the girls worry about you bein' alone so much.

.Ennis : -Well, once burned...

-Alma : -You still go fishing with Jack Twist?

-Ennis(progressively uneasy) :-Not often.

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11523 on: Nov 16, 2009, 08:45 AM »
ALMA: I used to wonder how come you never brought any trouts home - You always said you caught plenty and you know how me an' the girls like fish. So one night I got your creel case open, before you went on one of your little trips. Price tag still on it after five years. And I tied a note to the end of the line, it said "Hello Ennis, bring some fish home, Love Alma"

And then you come back lookin' all perky, an' said you caught a bunch of browns an' you ate them up. Da' ya' remember? I looked in that case first chance I got an' there was my note still tied there - that line hadn't touched water in it's life.


ENNIS: Doesn't mean nuthin' Alma.

ALMA: Don't try an fool me no more Ennis, I know what it means . . . Jack Twist . . . . . Jack Nasty.  You didn't go up there to fish . .

Ennis becomes more and more agitated, can barely stand still as Alma lays out her story and accusations.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11524 on: Nov 16, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Ennis grabs Alma abruptly, hurting her in the process

Ennis (in a loud whisper): Now you listen to me... you don't know nothin' about it!

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11525 on: Nov 16, 2009, 12:02 PM »
-Alma : -I'm going to yell for Monroe.

-Ennis : -You do it and I'll make you eat the f@#$ng floor.

-Alma (hysterical): -Get out!




Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11526 on: Nov 16, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Ennis runs out of the house  hastily without saying a word,while Monroe and the girls watch him leave with a  surprised look...
Jenny :   Daddy?
Monroe :  Alma?  
Jenny :  Bye, Daddy!
Junior :   Bye!
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11527 on: Nov 16, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Ennis's one-eyed pickup comes to quick halt in the wet blowing snow across the street from the Black & Blue Eagle Bar. Ennis gets out, intently heads directly to the bar door, oblivious to cross traffic. A passing flatbed truck hits the brakes, screeches to a halt just short of Ennis. The driver yells out at Ennis:

Hey asshole, watch where you're goin"!!


Ennis, in no mood to be chastised, heads to the drivers door an' begins swingin' at the unknown driver. The driver, bigger 'an Ennis, is caught by surprise and is momentarily at a disadvantage. But he quickly grasps the situation, jumps out of the cab, shouts at Ennis:

Jesus, - You stupid f**k!!

The driver begins pummeling Ennis, sending him to the ground. Picks him up, throws him against the truck, swinging all the time. Ennis clearly outclassed, ends up back on the ground while the bigger driver punches and drives home his point. Ennis groans and moans in pain.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11528 on: Nov 17, 2009, 09:51 AM »
New wordless scene.  Music.  We see Ennis and Jack together up in the mountains as the years go by.  You can see that as the years go by, the long separations begin to take their toll.  There is sadness as well as dissatisfaction in their looks.

New scene.  By a stream.  Ennis and Jack are cleaning the cooking utensils.

Jack: All I'm saying is... what's the point of makin' it?  If the taxes don't get it, the inflation eats it all up! 

Pause.

Jack (looks in the distance, clearly lost in thought): You should see Lureen, punchin' numbers in her adding machine, huntin' for extra zeros, her eyes gettin' smaller and smaller -- it's like watching a rabbit tryin' to squeeze into a snakehole with a coyote on its tail!




Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11529 on: Nov 17, 2009, 12:30 PM »
-Ennis : -That's some high class entertainment, if you ask me.

-Jack : -For what it's worth.

-Ennis:-You and Lureen, it's normal and all?

-Jack :-Sure.



Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11530 on: Nov 18, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Ennis: She don't ever suspect?

Jack shakes his head.

Ennis (continues): You ever get the feelin'... I don't know... uh... when you're in town... and someone looks at you... suspicious... like he knows?  And then you go out on the pavement... and everyone's lookin' at you.. like they all know too?

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11531 on: Nov 18, 2009, 11:22 AM »
-Jack : -Well, maybe you ought to get out of here, you know? Find yourself someplace different, maybe Texas.

-Ennis : -Texas? Sure, and maybe you can convince Alma to let you and Lureen adopt the girls. Then we could just live together, herdin' sheep. And it'll rain money from L.D. Newsome...and whiskey will flow in the streams. Jack, that's real smart.

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11532 on: Nov 19, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Jack gets P.O'd. at Ennis's smartass answer - picks up a tin plate, shakes it at Ennis . . .

JACK: Oh hell. You wanna' live your miserable fu**in' life, go right ahead.

ENNIS: Fine.

JACK: I was jus' thinkin' outloud . . . (Jack storms off disgusted)

ENNIS: You're a real thinker' there . . . . goddamn . . . Jack fu**in' Twist got it all figured out . . .

we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11533 on: Nov 19, 2009, 09:00 AM »
New scene.  A bar in Riverton.  Ennis is drinking beer and smoking cigarettes.  Cassie can be seen in the background at the jukebox.  She plays the song:

About the time that Daddy left to fight the big war
I saw my first pistol in the general store
In the general store, when I was thirteen
Thought it was the finest thing I ever had seen
So l asked if I could have one someday when I grew up
Mama dropped a dozen eggs, she really blew up
She really blew up and I didn't understand
Mama said the pistol is the devil's right hand

The devil's right hand, the devil's right hand
Mama said the pistol is the devil's right hand

My very first pistol was a cap and ball Colt
Shoot as fast as lightnin' but it loads a mite slow
Loads a mite slow and soon I found out
It can get you into trouble but it can't get you out
So then I went and bought myself a Colt 45
Called a peacemaker but I never knew why
Never knew why, I didn't understand
Cause Mama said the pistol is the devil's right hand

The devil's right hand, the devil's right hand
Mama said the pistol is the devil's right hand

Well I get into a card game in a company town
Caught a miner cheating I shot the dog down
Shot the dog down, watched the man fall
Never touched his holster, never had a chance to draw
The trial was in the morning and they drug me out of bed
Asked me how I pleaded, not guilty I said
Not guilty I said, you've got the wrong man
Nothing touched the trigger but the devil's right hand

The devil's right hand, the devil's right hand
Mama said the pistol is the devil's right hand


At the start of the song, Ennis gets up to go to the bathroon.  Cassie stops him.


Cassie: Just finished my shift.  Wanna dance?

Ennis: I was just on my way to the...

Cassie (not taking any excuses, takes Ennis by the arm and leads him to the dance floor):  Cassie... Cassie Cartwright.


They dance to the music.  Clearly, Ennis DOESN'T know how to dance...

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11534 on: Nov 19, 2009, 10:14 AM »
(thomas, - forgot a short line that shows one thing Ennis learned from Jack, how to say his full name)  ;)
On their way to the dance floor -

ENNIS:  Ennis . . . . DelMar.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11535 on: Nov 19, 2009, 10:34 AM »
-Ennis:-No more dancin' for me, I hope.

-Cassie (she sits down and begins to massage her feet): -You're safe.

-Ennis :-Yeah?

-Cassie : -My feet hurt.

-Ennis : -Hard work, is it?

-Cassie : -Yeah, drunks like you demanding beer after beer, smokin'. Gets tiresome. What do you do, Ennis del Mar?

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11536 on: Nov 20, 2009, 09:26 AM »
(thomas, - forgot a short line that shows one thing Ennis learned from Jack, how to say his full name)  ;)
On their way to the dance floor -

ENNIS:  Ennis . . . . DelMar.

 *o) Thanks jackster!  :)

--------------

Ennis (thoughtful): Earlier today, I was castratin' calves. 

Cassie makes a face, qand then suddenly puts both her feet on Ennis's lap.

Ennis (doesn't know if should be offended): What're you doin'?

Cassie (playing innocent):  Tryin' to get a foot rub, dummy!

Ennis (suddenly smiles and begins to massage Cassie's feet): Alright... That good?

Cassie: Uh huh...

 

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11537 on: Nov 20, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Next scene: Lureen and Jack are on a table with two friends,in what seems to be a restaurant during a party.The woman of the couple talks like a parrow:

Lashawn : -And the I pledged Tri Delt at SMU. And I sure never thought I'd end up in a poky little place like Childress. Then I met old Randall here at an Aggie game and he was an animal husbandry major. So we've been here for a month and he got the foreman job over at Roy Taylor's ranch. Like it or not, here I am!

Meanwhile,Randall,the husband,and Jack exchange some glances.

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11538 on: Nov 23, 2009, 02:15 AM »
Lureen:  You was Tri Delt?  I was Kappa Phi myself.

"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11539 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:53 AM »

-Lashawn : -Well, even though we ain't quite sorority sisters we just may have to dance with ourselves, Lureen. Our husbands ain't the least bit interested in dancin'. They ain't got a smidgen of rhythm between them.

-Lureen:-It's funny, isn't it? Husbands don't never seem to wanna dance with their wives. Why do you think that is, Jack?



Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11540 on: Nov 23, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Jack looks briefly at Lureen, turns away, brushes cigarette ash from his jacket: Don't ever give it any thought.

Asks LaShawn:  Wanna dance?
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11541 on: Nov 24, 2009, 10:51 AM »

-LaShawn:-Yes, thank you.

-Jack (to Randall): -Do you mind?

-Randall : -No, it's all right. Go ahead.

-Jack : -All right.

-LaShawn : -Pardon us.(She leaves the table altogether with Jack and they begin to dance.She keeps on talking):

-LaShawn:-Thank you for asking me to dance with you. I really appreciate that. Randall never does. Last time I did, I think it was our wedding.


Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11542 on: Nov 25, 2009, 09:13 AM »
LaShawn (just keeps on talking as she dances with a smiling Jack): It's a good thing you and Lureen happened to come along when you did, or else we'd still be stuck on the side of the road in that darn pickup!  I told Randall we oughta take the car...  of course, he never listens to me!  He wouldn't listen to me if he was goin' deaf tomorrow!  I told him it takes more than chewing gum and balin' wire to fix that pickup.  Well, he's never been very mechanical, though...

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11543 on: Nov 25, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Next scene:Jack and Randall are sitting on a bench,waiting for women to come back home.They begin to talk.

-Jack:-You ever notice how a woman will powder her nose before she goes to a party? And then she'll powder it again once the party's over? I mean, why powder your nose just to go home and go to bed?

-Randall : -Don't know. Even if I wanted to know, I couldn't get a word in with Lashawn long enough to ask. Woman talks a blue streak.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11544 on: Nov 26, 2009, 08:54 PM »
JACK: Lively little gal.

akward silence

JACK: You'll like workin' for Roy Taylor, he's solid, Roy.

RANDALL: Oh yeah, Roy, he's a good ol' boy.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11545 on: Nov 27, 2009, 09:47 AM »
(Randall stops fro a moment and after continues in a slower voice):

-He's got a little cabin down on Lake Kemp. Got a crappie house, little boat. Said I could use it whenever I want. We ought to go down there some weekend. Drink a little whiskey, fish some. Get away, you know?.

After what seems to be an innuendo,Jack remains surprised and doesn't says a word;soon,the two women appears talking again(or without stopping...).
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline hpv

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 13304
  • Country: il
  • Gender: Female
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11546 on: Nov 29, 2009, 12:14 PM »
 Lashawn is talking all the time.

Lashawn: ...when I was right out of SMU I coulda had ma pick of pretty much any job in North Dallas... so ma pick was Neiman Marcus...( blah,blah,blah)...... we come here thinkin ranchin was still big hats and Marlboros... boy, were we behind the times!

The men rise, go to their wives, and go.

"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 15750
  • Gender: Female
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11547 on: Nov 29, 2009, 12:24 PM »
Next scene: Cassie,Jr. and Ennis are in a bar.

-Ennis:-Hey there, Junior. You ready?

The two women remain alone and time to confidences begin...

-Cassie : -What do you think? Your daddy ever gonna see fit to settle down again?

-Junior : -Don't know. Maybe he's not the marrying kind.



Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline min

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1858
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11548 on: Dec 01, 2009, 05:26 AM »
Cassie: You don't think so? Or you don't think I'm the one?

Jr: You're good enough.
 
Cassie (smiling): You don't say much...but you get your point across.

Jr: Sorry...I didn't mean to be rude.

Offline jackster

  • Ennis
  • ******
  • Posts: 1517
  • Gender: Male
  • dumbass missin'
Re: BBM Recital
« Reply #11549 on: Dec 01, 2009, 07:55 AM »
    Ennis returns from the jukebox to the table where Cassie and Junior are sitting.

ENNIS: Hi.

    Cassie grabs Ennis's arm before he has a chance to sit down -

CASSIE: You're stayin' on your feet cowboy.

ENNIS: (to his daughter) 'Scuse me darlin'.

    Junior watches forlornly as Cassie drags Ennis to the dance floor.
    Ennis still doesn't like to, and can't, dance.
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all