Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1729454 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #5010 on: May 16, 2010, 07:52 AM »
Thanks for posting that Tony. It's really touching, Heath and his sister were so close. She must be missing him so much.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #5011 on: May 16, 2010, 02:50 PM »
 Yes, they were very close. And I guess all we can do is understand, and wish her well.  And, of course, it probably helps her to know he meant so much to others, too!  I believe she knows that, though.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5012 on: May 16, 2010, 02:57 PM »
I hope she does. I hope she knows that many of us remember him and still think about him often.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #5013 on: May 16, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Thanks for posting that Tony. It's really touching, Heath and his sister were so close. She must be missing him so much.

I can't imagine what it must be like for her.  :_(  They had a special bond that few people share, except perhaps soul mates. Then again, Heath's father also called Heath his best friend, his soul mate. They talked on the phone almost everyday. I can't imagine what it must be like, to come to the appointed hour of that phone call everyday, and not able to hear Heath's sweet voice, happy laughter. No matter how much we miss him, no matter had sad we feel, nothing compares to the loss of people who had Heath in their lives, daily, like sunshine on a cloudy day, like the rain after a drought, and then have him snatched away...  :_(

It takes a long time for the void to fill-in, with the love from other places, other people. The bigger the void, the longer it will take to fill.

:ghug:
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #5014 on: May 17, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Beautifully put,LC ¡  :clap: Yes,I guess that the relationship,the bond that joined Heath with his family was of that kind that remains unbreakable no matter how far we're from our beloved beings.Because it's not a physical kind,but a psychical,moral and loving bond,that grows with the memory.And this bond lasts forever,so neither the most cruel death,as is the one who arrives at a very young age,can't break it. :_( :_( :_(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5015 on: May 18, 2010, 01:10 PM »
 :ghug:  :ghug: to everyone as we continue to remember someone so special and the people in his life who loved him so much.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5016 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:15 PM »

ALREADY 29 MONTHS...TIME FLIES LIKE AN ARROW,BUT IT CAN'T TAKE YOUR MEMORY FROM US.REST IN PEACE,MY SWEET ANGEL...
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010, 12:26 PM by myprivatejack »
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5017 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Actually it's 29 months already... two years and 5 months. It's hard to believe how the time passes. :(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5018 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:25 PM »

:_( :_( :_( :_(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5019 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:27 PM »
Actually it's 29 months already... two years and 5 months. It's hard to believe how the time passes. :(

Sorry,Keren...29 months...I don't know what I was thinking about... :-\\

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5020 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:28 PM »
It's just hard to believe that all this time has passed, isn't it?

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5021 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:33 PM »

Yes,it is...Maybe I have make this mistake because very often he's alive in my head and heart... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #5022 on: Jun 24, 2010, 05:28 PM »

:_( :_( :_( :_(

This is sad but also very beautiful... Heath crossing over.. I know he lives on some where..

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5023 on: Jun 25, 2010, 10:58 AM »
This is sad but also very beautiful... Heath crossing over.. I know he lives on some where..

I suppose he may live now in a better world,altogether with all our beloved beings that we have lost in this one.But I'm sure,much more still,that he lives on our hearts,souls and heads and I believe and wish he will live there forever... <^(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5024 on: Jun 26, 2010, 04:54 AM »

I miss Heath. I don't come here often, but you can be sure I miss him a lot. I have a pop painting (black and white) of him above my bed in my bedroom. I'll never forget him.  :_(
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #5025 on: Jun 28, 2010, 01:28 AM »
I miss Heath. I don't come here often, but you can be sure I miss him a lot. I have a pop painting (black and white) of him above my bed in my bedroom. I'll never forget him.  :_(
That's cool...Heath was one of those talented, real people that do not come along often enough and the fact that he left this world way too soon makes it so hard to understand. I find myself wondering what he would have been like as an older man and the joy he found in his acting would have brought us so much more to keep in our memories. I 'm sure he would have been such a great dad to Matilda and maybe more children. Some times it just makes me so sad that he had to leave his loved ones and all of us who loved him and his work. I feel like I can express my feelings toward him in here because everyone understands.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5026 on: Jun 28, 2010, 09:13 AM »
 :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5027 on: Jul 09, 2010, 06:48 PM »
I miss you  :_(  :_(
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5028 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:40 PM »
To think how many hours of joy you could have brought to us and never will,makes me sad...I will always love you,my favorite cowboy.

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #5029 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:04 PM »

It is so hard to believe.  Isn't it Keren?  It still feels like an awful dream that I think everyone wants to wake up from.  The time that passes just doesn't take away that feeling that it just can't be real.

Theresa
Theresa

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #5030 on: Aug 04, 2010, 11:24 PM »
After some weeks or so of not purposely looking at pictures of Heath...right now it is breaking my heart and I have tears for the loss of him, tears for everyone who loves him and who he loved.  And yes, one of the things that stabs at my heart the most is his not being able to be with Matilda as she grows up, and her not having this most incredible dad ever.

This picture, MPJ, is quite exquisite.  But I thought to myself (and now my tears are drying from laughter):  okay, fine, staring off into the infinite is great and all...but our Heath was too damn busy for too much of that!  "Wherever" he is, somehow his brilliantly creative spirit must be active somehow.  

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5031 on: Aug 05, 2010, 03:19 AM »
After some weeks or so of not purposely looking at pictures of Heath...right now it is breaking my heart and I have tears for the loss of him, tears for everyone who loves him and who he loved.  And yes, one of the things that stabs at my heart the most is his not being able to be with Matilda as she grows up, and her not having this most incredible dad ever.

I know...  :_(

I miss him. Sounds absurd, to miss someone I've never met. But he should be out there, working on some project, or just being a dad, and the idea that he's not... the mind still can't really grasp that.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5032 on: Aug 05, 2010, 05:24 PM »

I haven't been around this thread, and really this entire forum in quite some time, but I was just passing through and decided to take a look at this thread and noticed this post. Time is flying. It's really and truly flying. It's hard to believe that by now it has been 2 1/2 years and we're quickly approaching year 3. It certainly doesn't feel like it has been that long but when you sit and let your mind think for awhile.. it definitely has been almost 3 years.

Fortunately, I have been able to get myself to a place where his passing doesn't affect me negatively the way it once did. I'll always wish he'd still be here, but I've also accepted that he's gone and it sounds strange, but one of the best things in the world is to move forward and look back on Heath and the short time he was here and smile in remembrance instead of letting it get you down and ruin your day.

Hope you're all doing well  :^^)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5033 on: Aug 06, 2010, 08:34 AM »
I haven't been around this thread, and really this entire forum in quite some time, but I was just passing through and decided to take a look at this thread and noticed this post. Time is flying. It's really and truly flying. It's hard to believe that by now it has been 2 1/2 years and we're quickly approaching year 3. It certainly doesn't feel like it has been that long but when you sit and let your mind think for awhile.. it definitely has been almost 3 years.

Fortunately, I have been able to get myself to a place where his passing doesn't affect me negatively the way it once did. I'll always wish he'd still be here, but I've also accepted that he's gone and it sounds strange, but one of the best things in the world is to move forward and look back on Heath and the short time he was here and smile in remembrance instead of letting it get you down and ruin your day.

Hope you're all doing well  :^^)

Oh carby, it's good to see you here! I remember we talked on the phone shortly after Heath had passed, and even back then you were determined not to let it get you down, not to sink into depression... and you also had your new baby to concentrate on. I understand your reasons to stay away, and maybe that's one of the things that helped you get to where you are.

Thinking about Heath doesn't depress me the same way it used to. I used to cry so much... not anymore. And yes, I mostly remember him with a smile, but with it often comes this little stab at my heart. I think about him in gratitude, but it's always mixed with sadness on some level.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 01:21 PM by keren_b »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5034 on: Aug 06, 2010, 09:17 AM »
Thinking about Heath doesn't depress me the same way it used to. I used to cry so much... not anymore. And yes, I mostly remember him with a smile, but with it often comes this little stab at my heart. I think about him in gratitude, but it's always mixed with sadness on some level.

I know exactly what you mean, Keren, this is how i feel about Heath now.  And it's so sad, and completely unbelievable, that in a few months it will be 3 years since he died... :-\\ :(

I found myself watching the Logo "Making of" BBM special yesterday - I don't think I've watched that since the heady days when I'd just discovered BBM for the first time and I was watching everything I could get my hands on that was BBM-related.  It was wonderful to see again and remember the excitement of going behind the scenes to find out what went on in making this masterpiece.  But there was one part that really stopped me short.  A wrangler employed to get Heath and Jake into shape as authentic cowboys described how well they did in the short time they had to learn the ropes, mainly because they did most of the stunts themselves, and he said that if anyone needed actors in the future with experience such as this, then they would know who to cast - and it then showed Heath, in character as Ennis, looking so natural riding his horse - and those words and the image of Heath made me sad beyond words, because he's no longer here.  :_( :_( :_(

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5035 on: Aug 06, 2010, 01:37 PM »
I know exactly what you mean, Keren, this is how i feel about Heath now.  And it's so sad, and completely unbelievable, that in a few months it will be 3 years since he died... :-\\ :(

I found myself watching the Logo "Making of" BBM special yesterday - I don't think I've watched that since the heady days when I'd just discovered BBM for the first time and I was watching everything I could get my hands on that was BBM-related.  It was wonderful to see again and remember the excitement of going behind the scenes to find out what went on in making this masterpiece.  But there was one part that really stopped me short.  A wrangler employed to get Heath and Jake into shape as authentic cowboys described how well they did in the short time they had to learn the ropes, mainly because they did most of the stunts themselves, and he said that if anyone needed actors in the future with experience such as this, then they would know who to cast - and it then showed Heath, in character as Ennis, looking so natural riding his horse - and those words and the image of Heath made me sad beyond words, because he's no longer here.  :_( :_( :_(

That's exactly the kind of things that gets me too. I should watch that "Making of" special again.

I read something in today's newspaper, some reporter talked about movies and said that these days people don't go to see movies because of the actors, but because of the directors behind them. He mentioned movies like Avatar, where the hero is not a specific actor but people wanted to see it because it's a James Cameron movie. He said that the big names in the movie industry today are not the actors but the directors - Cameron, Nolan, the Cohen brothers. And all I could think of was, you wouldn't be saying that if Heath was still here. Because Heath would've been the one quality actor whose name would still draw people to the cinema. And what made The Dark Knight such a blockbuster wasn't just Christopher Nolan's name that was attached to it, it was above all Heath as the Joker. There might not be many actors these days who can do that, but Heath could. He was that good, and I had the feeling that even this reporter would have to admit it.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5036 on: Aug 06, 2010, 03:39 PM »
That's exactly the kind of things that gets me too. I should watch that "Making of" special again.

I read something in today's newspaper, some reporter talked about movies and said that these days people don't go to see movies because of the actors, but because of the directors behind them. He mentioned movies like Avatar, where the hero is not a specific actor but people wanted to see it because it's a James Cameron movie. He said that the big names in the movie industry today are not the actors but the directors - Cameron, Nolan, the Cohen brothers. And all I could think of was, you wouldn't be saying that if Heath was still here. Because Heath would've been the one quality actor whose name would still draw people to the cinema. And what made The Dark Knight such a blockbuster wasn't just Christopher Nolan's name that was attached to it, it was above all Heath as the Joker. There might not be many actors these days who can do that, but Heath could. He was that good, and I had the feeling that even this reporter would have to admit it.

I know, I think that too, and it's that sense of a loss of talent and his fans who will never see him on screen again, to see what he would do next, and after that, and after that..........we'll never get that chance again  :_(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5037 on: Aug 06, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Oh carby, it's good to see you here! I remember we talked on the phone shortly after Heath had passed, and even back then you were determined not to let it get you down, not to sink into depression... and you also had your new baby to concentrate on. I understand your reasons to stay away, and maybe that's one of the things that helped you get to where you are.

I remember that day on the phone like it was yesterday, that's for sure. It's crazy to think that my son was just 7 days old when it happened. He's 2 1/2 now and if I want to let myself get down I just look at him and I see how big he's gotten and realize he's almost a reflection of just how long Heath has been gone, so I try not to let my mind wander to a dark place like that.

I'd be lying if I tried to say that I was quickly able to pull myself out of sadness over Heath, because that absolutely was not true at all. I barely remember most of 2008 because I was so down. The worst part is, I barely remember the first few months of my son's life because of Heath's death, coupled with postpartum depression. It was a mess, an absolute mess.

It took me a little over a year to really start working towards not dwelling on something I can't change. It was right after the Oscars, I believe. Granted, I had a few other things going on in my life that acted as catalysts in getting myself back on my feet again. I am very much a person that learns lessons from everything that happens to me in life. I am a far different person than I was 2 1/2 years ago, but for the better now.

There are still days where I just cannot comprehend what happened, especially days that I see a picture or read something about Matilda. It is completely unfair for her to grow up without Heath in her life and that'll be something that I will never get over. My heart hurts for that little girl every single day. I can't imagine either of my children not having their father in their lives, especially my own daughter, who is only about a month younger than Matilda is. I see first hand the things that Heath is missing out on and it breaks my heart.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5038 on: Aug 07, 2010, 10:21 AM »
I remember that day on the phone like it was yesterday, that's for sure. It's crazy to think that my son was just 7 days old when it happened. He's 2 1/2 now and if I want to let myself get down I just look at him and I see how big he's gotten and realize he's almost a reflection of just how long Heath has been gone, so I try not to let my mind wander to a dark place like that.

I'd be lying if I tried to say that I was quickly able to pull myself out of sadness over Heath, because that absolutely was not true at all. I barely remember most of 2008 because I was so down. The worst part is, I barely remember the first few months of my son's life because of Heath's death, coupled with postpartum depression. It was a mess, an absolute mess.

It took me a little over a year to really start working towards not dwelling on something I can't change. It was right after the Oscars, I believe. Granted, I had a few other things going on in my life that acted as catalysts in getting myself back on my feet again. I am very much a person that learns lessons from everything that happens to me in life. I am a far different person than I was 2 1/2 years ago, but for the better now.

There are still days where I just cannot comprehend what happened, especially days that I see a picture or read something about Matilda. It is completely unfair for her to grow up without Heath in her life and that'll be something that I will never get over. My heart hurts for that little girl every single day. I can't imagine either of my children not having their father in their lives, especially my own daughter, who is only about a month younger than Matilda is. I see first hand the things that Heath is missing out on and it breaks my heart.

That must be so hard. Your children are a constant remainder for you and thinking about it is absolutely heartbreaking. Like you said, knowing what he misses with his daughter, all the things you get to experience and he can't. That's the biggest tragedy, his little girl was more important to him than anything.  :_(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5039 on: Aug 08, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Carbyville, :ghug: The date of your son's birthday will be forever something very special for you,and not only because he's your son; a new life's arrival was joined with the death of a young person,too young for not being able to give all what he had inside anymore... :_(  But Heath can be also an example for enjoying your son's luck for having such a loving parents and try to be such a good person as you are and as Heath was for his daughter.Every single tragedy can mean an impulse to improve our life,as Heath had done and would have wanted for his family,friends and for all of us,his fans.  :_( :_( :_(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------