Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724169 times)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4470 on: Jan 22, 2009, 08:57 AM »
Peace  :ghug: Everyone  :ghug:
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

babytammy7

« Reply #4471 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:16 AM »
I didn’t want to come here, because I knew it’d be too much. But I needed to hug everyone and being hugged in return, so I tried to be strong, but as soon as I saw the banner I totally lost it and started to sob…

So I closed my laptop without reading a post.

I was helping my mother to eat while she was watching the news. I just heard that our baby got the Oscar nomination. I cried my eyes out in front of my mother, and she thought I was sad because of my lost job. How to explain what can’t be explained? How put in words what only can be felt?

Anyway…

I tried one more time to be brave and come here and write something beautiful about the sweetest man ever, but as you see I’m not doing ok.

My head aches.

I read these two posts and now my chest hurts so bad and I can’t breathe, so I won’t read anything else…I can’t be here today. I’ll be hidden in a corner and will return tomorrow or the day after tomorrow…..

One year already?

Over the year, I wonder if sadness has any expiration date. Could it last longer because of more love or quickly disappear with less? Simply not so. I know eventually I have to let you go but I just don’t know how. My sadness never disappears for your leaving. Instead, time forces it to quietly slip into a corner of my heart and often hits me off guard. It makes me miss you even more. On this day of your parting a year ago, all I can think of is - I don’t want to say goodbye.

I understand now why Ang Lee only needed to stare at you for 45 minutes without you even speaking a word for the role of Ennis Del Mar. The entire YOU spoke louder than anything. Thank you for being you and giving us this life-changing experience of Brokeback Mountain. I know one day I will see you in the place where blue bird sings with whiskey spring. I will be honored to have some drinks with you.

For now - whenever my sadness strikes, I will be looking for the brightest star in the sky. Fly free with your wings.

:ghug: to everyone and your heartfelt words. Here is my little tribute to Heath for what he has given us.

:ghug: Everyone  :ghug:

I'm sobbing and will have to come back later when I'm not such a mess.

Ethan, you couldn't have put it any more beautifully.   :\'(

And those items you'll keep with you all day, Kathy, Ethan....  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I'm somehow going to have to go away and muster some strength to write a poem for our dear boy, now. 

Oh God, my heart is just shattered...it feels like it's happening all over again.  He was still here exactly one year ago...but the tether binding him here was getting so damn thin....

The notion kills me. 

He would likely have been tossing and turning in bed now, unable to sleep, and getting closer and closer to departing this plane.    :\'(

My heart is broken.  It is so damn broken.   :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

This week is becoming a nightmare. I just want to wake up.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4472 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:20 AM »
You are not gone or forgotten, Heath.  You are remembered, and remembered dearly.

People not yet born will know you.  They will know you from your Art and will remember.

I quote your post Thomas, it's so true !

^f^ :ghug: :^^)
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4473 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:24 AM »

It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4474 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:25 AM »
It does feel like it just happened.    Heath you touched our hearts like no one else and you'll never ever be forgotten

rip
 :^^)

Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #4475 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:28 AM »
((((((((Tammy))))))))

Come back to us when you feel you can - you know we're always here for you.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4476 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:42 AM »
We shouldn't just remember him in sadness.  I look at the smiling face in our banner and in my heart I am grateful.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #4477 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:44 AM »
We shouldn't just remember him in sadness.  I look at the smiling face in our banner and in my heart I am grateful.

I'm grateful, too, Thomas. The gifts he gave us will never grow old...I remembered that when I was watching Brokeback last night and marvelling, once again, at his incredible portrayal as Ennis.

He may have only touched our lives briefly, but he touched us all deeply and he'll stay alive in our hearts forever.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4478 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:47 AM »
I wanna try and watch Brokeback soon... maybe not all of it, I don't think I can take it, but some of it at least. I watched A Knight's Tale last night because I wanted to fall asleep with a smile.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4479 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:39 AM »
I didn’t want to come here, because I knew it’d be too much. But I needed to hug everyone and being hugged in return, so I tried to be strong, but as soon as I saw the banner I totally lost it and started to sob…

I was helping my mother to eat while she was watching the news. I just heard that our baby got the Oscar nomination. I cried my eyes out in front of my mother, and she thought I was sad because of my lost job. How to explain what can’t be explained? How put in words what only can be felt?

Anyway…

I tried one more time to be brave and come here and write something beautiful about the sweetest man ever, but as you see I’m not doing ok.

My head aches.

I read these two posts and now my chest hurts so bad and I can’t breathe, so I won’t read anything else…I can’t be here today. I’ll be hidden in a corner and will return tomorrow or the day after tomorrow…..

Tammy,please,be strong; for your mother-don't give her such a great pain...-,for him and,above all,for you.And don't be here if this hurts you too much,You know we are here for supporting each other,but we understand you prefer to be far from this thread.As a matter of fact,sorrow is with us,no matter where we are today... :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

vedrana

« Reply #4480 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:39 AM »
You are not gone or forgotten, Heath.  You are remembered, and remembered dearly.

People not yet born will know you.  They will know you from your Art and will remember.

Lovely words Thomas!

If I may add-

As much as we suffer and cry for losing him, the same happines we should feel cos he is in peace now. I strongly believe that God had his reasons to take him at that moment. We don't know what those reasons are. Also I believe that we leave this place just in the time when we are ready! And Heath was ready! We can cry (God knows I cried and I am crying right now), but He chooses the best time for each of us.

So, don't be so devastated, don't be so sad, cos Heath IS here and he can feel our sorrow. Well, to be even more boring, I read also that a strong sorrow and not letting someone go, can make his/her soul suffer, cos we transmit our feelings, our negative energy to that person.

Sorry if I am boring and stupid here - my intention was to make all of us (me included) a little more comfortable with the fact that we won't see Heath until dear God chose the exact time for us to leave. Before that, we should be extremely proud to enjoy Heath's tremendous work.

Love you Heath! <^(
Love you Brokies! <^(

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4481 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:42 AM »

You're right as always,Thomas...We should't remember him in sadness,but with the happinness of having had him in our lives,even for a while.With the happinnes of having received all what he has given to us with his performances.We would have been unlucky if we hadn't ever known him...but it still hurts so much... :\'( :\'( :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4482 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:48 AM »
Lovely words Thomas!

If I may add-

As much as we suffer and cry for losing him, the same happines we should feel cos he is in peace now. I strongly believe that God had his reasons to take him at that moment. We don't know what those reasons are. Also I believe that we leave this place just in the time when we are ready! And Heath was ready! We can cry (God knows I cried and I am crying right now), but He chooses the best time for each of us.

So, don't be so devastated, don't be so sad, cos Heath IS here and he can feel our sorrow. Well, to be even more boring, I read also that a strong sorrow and not letting someone go, can make his/her soul suffer, cos we transmit our feelings, our negative energy to that person.
Sorry if I am boring and stupid here - my intention was to make all of us (me included) a little more comfortable with the fact that we won't see Heath until dear God chose the exact time for us to leave. Before that, we should be extremely proud to enjoy Heath's tremendous work.

Love you Heath! <^(
Love you Brokies! <^(

Oh,no,Loreen,you're not stupid nor boring¡Nobody it's stupid here; we all are trying to relief and confort each other the best we can.And trying to understand also why he had gone,even if we can't now...
I have also read about the positive energies people can send to their beloved ones who aren't here and I think you're rather right; today I have said to some Brokies that he wouldn't like to see us so devastated,but remembering him,as Thomas says,with the happiness of having known him.His soul can't be suffering for us,wherever he's now,but with the peace he deserves... :^^)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4483 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Lovely words Thomas!

If I may add-

Love you Heath! <^(
Love you Brokies! <^(

I believe this also.  I think he would rather see us happy than sad.  Let's celebrate his life even as we remember his passing.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4484 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:57 AM »
You're right as always,Thomas...We should't remember him in sadness,but with the happinness of having had him in our lives,even for a while.With the happinnes of having received all what he has given to us with his performances.We would have been unlucky if we hadn't ever known him...but it still hurts so much... :\'( :\'( :\'(

People have different ways of remembering.  Some certainly must remember through tears.  It's OK.  We remember in a way that is true to who we are.  He would appreciate that very much.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #4485 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:03 AM »
Today I am wearing a brown-and-black-striped sweater similar to one that he used to wear.  I am also wearing a necklace with the letter H.  Tonight when I get home from work, I will light a candle for him.

I'm just glad that I have this place to come to, with people who understand my grief.   :ghug: 

Heath - you will never be forgotten.  You will live on forever, in your body of work, and in your beautiful daughter.  Rest in peace, dear man.   :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

vedrana

« Reply #4486 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:06 AM »
Oh,no,Loreen,you're not stupid nor boring¡Nobody it's stupid here; we all are trying to relief and confort each other the best we can.And trying to understand also why he had gone,even if we can't now...
I have also read about the positive energies people can send to their beloved ones who aren't here and I think you're rather right; today I have said to some Brokies that he wouldn't like to see us so devastated,but remembering him,as Thomas says,with the happiness of having known him.His soul can't be suffering for us,wherever he's now,but with the peace he deserves... :^^)
I believe this also.  I think he would rather see us happy than sad.  Let's celebrate his life even as we remember his passing.

Thank you for understanding my thoughts and to support my wish to celebrate life, in any form.  ^f^

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #4487 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:06 AM »

Anyway…

My head aches.

Aww, sweetie...:\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline jessicat80

• For every Jack, there's an
  • Ennis
  • until we meet again
« Reply #4488 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:09 AM »

I first thought, that's exactly how I feel about this whole year, but this year also brought a lot of happiness, especially overcoming my fear of flying just so I could meet many of you...but sometimes I do just wish I could wake up, could you imagine....to just wake up and realize it was all just a nightmare....though who could make up something so awful....not even the most evil subconscious could.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

I wanna try and watch Brokeback soon... maybe not all of it, I don't think I can take it, but some of it at least. I watched A Knight's Tale last night because I wanted to fall asleep with a smile.

I thought of watching Brokeback today also, I was watching it on dvd today last year when I stopped it midway because I didn't feel like watching the sad part, and the bottom of the screen was scrolling that Heath was found dead. You'd think it'd seem too shocking to believe, but I just believed it right away, I just knew from now on we lived in a world he forever gone from.

:\'( I just erased a bunch of stuff I wrote...I think optimism should be more of the theme of the day....I think I'm gonna go eat a banana nut muffin ;) :)
"I’d rather live in his world…..than live without him….in mine."                                       (Midnight Train to Georgia)

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4489 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:11 AM »

Anyway…

My head aches.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Tammy, I don't know what to say.... :\'( :ghug:
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4490 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:13 AM »

It's a year since your memories are in our heart

It's a year since that night with so much loneliness,
since that silent shout that died inside your neck,
since that endless journey with no coming back,
since you filled with sorrow your vital pack.
Everybody,then,had been blind to see
the answer that shadowed your amber eyes.
Nobody,then,could give you a courage's stick
to lean on while walking for your stony path.
You were then like a lonely Ennis del Mar,
always longing for what could have been,
without the strength to recover the "it is"
of the only truth that kept you alive...
In exchange,someone far beyond the Earth
called you that night to enlighten his world
by enjoying your talent and your youth.
And then you began to play your new role,
far away from us,but full with hope...
It's a year since the Universe has a new star
that shines much more that the rest.
It's a year since we keep on looking at the sky,
where this light frames kindly your face.
And,although we know you are in the light breeze
that caresses and watches Matilda's sleep,
we'd want you here,to be in your own Brokeback,
riding strongly along the happinness way,
even if a reality serves us of some relief:
that you're riding forever along with Jack,
...It's a year since our gardens have a plant
that is growing day by day inside our veins
and that is watered constantly with our tears.
We all feel this plant is named after you: HEATH.

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4491 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Each one of us has their own believes and way of seeing things. Since I am not religious and I don't believe in god, I find no comfort in the thought that god took him. I don't believe it was his time to go. For me it was a terrible, stupid accident, and there is no explanation for that. It just shouldn't have happened.

But I do believe that he wouldn't have wanted to see people crying and sad. He never wanted to cause sorrow. I will always remember him, and I'll try to do that with a smile. I am greatful for the short time that we've had you, Heath... I just wish you could stay longer. I'll always miss you.

vedrana

« Reply #4492 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I posted this words in another thread too, but I felt that together with Heath's photo today, it would mean much more!

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2009, 11:39 AM by loreen »

vedrana

« Reply #4493 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Each one of us has their own believes and way of seeing things. Since I am not religious and I don't believe in god, I find no comfort in the thought that god took him. I don't believe it was his time to go. For me it was a terrible, stupid accident, and there is no explanation for that. It just shouldn't have happened.

But I do believe that he wouldn't have wanted to see people crying and sad. He never wanted to cause sorrow. I will always remember him, and I'll try to do that with a smile. I am greatful for the short time that we've had you, Heath... I just wish you could stay longer. I'll always miss you.

Dear Keren, I understand you   :^^) :ghug:

Even you don't believe in God, you probably believe that Heath's soul exists in another form and that death is not the end. Cos if death is the definite end, than nothing would make sense for each of us.

I know that Heath is alive, and in peace! If not, all his work would've been in vane! And it's not! IT'S NOT!

vedrana

« Reply #4494 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:36 AM »

In exchange,someone far beyond the Earth
called you that night to enlighten his world
by enjoying your talent and your youth.
And then you began to play your new role,
far away from us,but full with hope...
It's a year since the Universe has a new star
that shines much more that the rest.
It's a year since we keep on looking at the sky,
where this light frames kindly your face.
And,although we know you are in the light breeze
that caresses and watches Matilda's sleep,
we'd want you here,to be in your own Brokeback,
riding strongly along the happinness way,
even if a reality serves us of some relief:
that you're riding forever along with Jack,

OMG, did you write this MPJ?? It so very beautiful and so comforting! I really love it!  <^(

He is a shiny star now.... Heath!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4495 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Dear Keren, I understand you   :^^) :ghug:

Even you don't believe in God, you probably believe that Heath's soul exists in another form and that death is not the end. Cos if death is the definite end, than nothing would make sense for each of us.

I know that Heath is alive, and in peace! If not, all his work would've been in vane! And it's not! IT'S NOT!

indeed, it doesn't make sense to me. not one bit.

But the fact that he's dead doesn't mean to me that his work was in vain... he gave the world the gift of his talent, and this gift will stay here forever. Years from now people will look at his work and marvel at how brilliant he was. his work was a part of what created this forum, what brought me here, so surely it was not in vain.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4496 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:41 AM »
OMG, did you write this MPJ?? It so very beautiful and so comforting! I really love it!  <^(

He is a shiny star now.... Heath!

Yes,it's mine...It's boring and full with grammar mistakes,but at least it's fully felt today...Thank you for your kind words,sweetie¡. :^^)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4497 on: Jan 22, 2009, 12:04 PM »
It was around this hour, a year ago...

My beautiful boy, I will always love you.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4498 on: Jan 22, 2009, 12:19 PM »
It has been a year...

It was a cold winter day
When you were taken away.
But through your life and your art
You will always be in our hearts.
We celebrate you now
As you receive the praise you’re due.
And mourn the hole you left
On the day that we lost you.
So many things call you to mind:
A glimpse of a star,
The echo of a song,
The sight of striped clothes,
We feel you with us still.
You didn’t leave us behind.
366 days could never be enough
To heal all the hurt or dry all the tears.
But we will keep moving forward,
Carrying you with us through the years.
You left a footprint on our universe
With your creative gifts and generous heart.
You will forever remain
Our cowboy,
Our Casanova,
The knight of our heart.

In love and fond memory for a beautiful soul who branded himself on all our hearts.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

vedrana

« Reply #4499 on: Jan 22, 2009, 12:37 PM »
It has been a year...

We celebrate you now
As you receive the praise you’re due.
And mourn the hole you left
On the day that we lost you.
You left a footprint on our universe
With your creative gifts and generous heart.
You will forever remain
Our cowboy,
Our Casanova,
The knight of our heart.

Very beautiful, FlwrChild!  ^f^