Author Topic: BBM DVD COVER, what's your opinion?!  (Read 68259 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM DVD COVER, what's your opinion?!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 22, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Here's the Canadian cover. Its a little better imo than the U.S. version but still has put too much focus on the academy awards. Hopefully they put out a collectors edition without it.

This is the one showing one the Colubia House Canada webpage
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
« Reply #31 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:41 AM »
I am disappointed with the cover. I do understand the movie poster part but 3 academy awards on top really underscore BBM's accomplishment.

Maywe we will design our own DVD cover and just make it available for the members and replace the one from Focus Features.

My thought, exactly! Once we have the DVD, we can get hi-res screencaps and make any cover we want. Tent scene, anyone?  ;D

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #32 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:01 AM »
Well the thing is..........it only says winner of 3 academy awards....people who have not seen the show or who arent bothered might just assume that BBM actually won Best Picture! LOL
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline bram

• Jack
« Reply #33 on: Mar 23, 2006, 08:33 AM »
Well the thing is..........it only says winner of 3 academy awards....people who have not seen the show or who arent bothered might just assume that BBM actually won Best Picture! LOL

You know what? You're right. My Dad thought it won for best picture, before I told him it didn't, and that was more than a week afterward.
Dog Canyon, Texas is the most beautiful place in the world. You should check it out.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #34 on: Mar 23, 2006, 09:05 AM »

You know what? You're right. My Dad thought it won for best picture, before I told him it didn't, and that was more than a week afterward.

YEAH!!! See it might just work!!!...and I would to hear in the 2020 version of "Who wants to be a millionaire"

"Question: In Mars 2006, which controversial movie won best picture at the Academy Awards?

a: BBM
b: Crash
c: Forrest Gump
d: Million Dollar Baby

Answer: Without hesitation BBM!!!"...oops! that was the 1m question!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline Riobbm23

• Lureen
  • ((( BBM )))
« Reply #35 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:13 PM »
Guys, take a look at these scenes...  I didn't know they existed I just found out a few minutes ago  :o ;) :D:

(Talking about the deleted scenes I don't think they will add these to the DVD, we might have to make a complaint to Focus Features... because I don't think is happening with the DVD release on April 4th!)

((( 'Love can touch you one time and last for a lifetime' BBM )))

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #36 on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:28 PM »

You are probably very right you know!

An overwhelming amount of people have never heard of Crash, and second.

I have like at least 5 friends who havent seen Brokeback Mountain but think it won best picture at the Oscars because they didnt watch and dont follow that stuff.. so yeah!! YAY! I'm gonna let them continue to think that too, because it should have won
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #37 on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:32 PM »
I wish the cover mentions the Bafta and Golden Globes or at least said

"BEST PICTURE OF THE YEAR"

because

a) it is
b) it was named best picture by every awards organization known to man other than laugh-cadamy awards, so it wouldnt be a lie!!!
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #38 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:01 PM »
I wish the cover mentions the Bafta and Golden Globes or at least said
"BEST PICTURE OF THE YEAR"
because
a) it is
b) it was named best picture by every awards organization known to man other than laugh-cadamy awards, so it wouldnt be a lie!!!

So true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you know what...I think I might just make my own DVD cover when I get mine...with the postcards from the forum and other pix and maybe a couple of Bafta pix too!!!

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #39 on: Mar 23, 2006, 11:41 PM »
  That ... is F***in amazing!  I wonder if that's a wider assumption among the unaware - given that it won all the rest of the awards, was the frontrunner, and should have won.  That's pretty awesome!

-btb
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline bram

• Jack
« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2006, 07:28 AM »
  That ... is F***in amazing!  I wonder if that's a wider assumption among the unaware - given that it won all the rest of the awards, was the frontrunner, and should have won.  That's pretty awesome!

-btb

I think it probably is. I mean, it looked like it was gonna win. I think most people who don't follow the awards assumed it would win, and then assumed that it had afterward.
Dog Canyon, Texas is the most beautiful place in the world. You should check it out.

Offline onebroken

• Alma Jr.
  • I love you, Ennis Del Mar
« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2006, 07:50 AM »
Guys, take a look at these scenes...  I didn't know they existed I just found out a few minutes ago  :o ;) :D:

(Talking about the deleted scenes I don't think they will add these to the DVD, we might have to make a complaint to Focus Features... because I don't think is happening with the DVD release on April 4th!)

I'm sure there are deleted scenes, but it doesn't look like they will be on this version of the DVD.  However, we all know that oftentimes a "Special Edition" will come out later on that includes deleted scenes.  I'm hoping for this with BBM.  Maybe for Christmas?
Jack Twist:  Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it...

Offline Riobbm23

• Lureen
  • ((( BBM )))
« Reply #42 on: Mar 24, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Any more comments about the deleted scenes?!

;) :D :)
((( 'Love can touch you one time and last for a lifetime' BBM )))

Offline mélisande

• Alma
« Reply #43 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:24 AM »
There's a (clip) scene both in a car(truck, maybe coming down from the mountains?) Ennis crying, havent seen it on a film.. ???

July 12 in Skandinavia??.. det känns som en evighet :P  ;D 

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #44 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:40 AM »
There's a (clip) scene both in a car(truck, maybe coming down from the mountains?) Ennis crying, havent seen it on a film.. ???

Yes, there was a chunk of the movie removed for some reason between the time Aguirre left the trailhead and the time the boys were saying goobye.  The goodbye scene was too abrupt.  The boys went from a fight, to coming down off the mountain not talking to back to being friendly and saying goodbye.  Something happened in between that we were not shown.

Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline Stephen

• Alma
  • Tragedy: "Wisdom too late."
« Reply #45 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:55 AM »
Did I miss something? Where did the info. come from about deleted scenes?  I know there's a lot left on the editing room floor for every film, but for BBM,   where are we getting info. for specific scenes that have not made it into the released film? Sorry if I've overlooked something in this thread.
"One more chain to break to get closer to you"

Miss Nice

« Reply #46 on: Mar 29, 2006, 09:52 AM »

Ja visst gör det!! Har faktiskt lagt en order pĺ amazon.co.uk pĺ ett UK-exemplar. Men du, ANTLIGEN nĺn hemifran pa detta forum!!!! SKa nog skicka dig ett meddelande...
Kram Katie Göteborg

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #47 on: Mar 29, 2006, 01:53 PM »
This is an english thread... lol ;)

Offline mélisande

• Alma
« Reply #48 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Patriot1, OK. Thanks for the information :) (but now I'm even more curious what happened, and why did they leave that clip there..)

Katie, Sorry to dissapoint you, men jag är finne ;D (bor i Tammerfors).
Donno about the zone things, dvd's I mean, zone 2 in UK too.. Have to wait till July..(3rd of July is my birthday) maybe there's some more extras included then.. ;) something to wait and to live for ;D (and it takes nearly 2-3 months to read all these nutty threads).
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 02:37 AM by mélisande »

Offline chrissy323

• Alma
« Reply #49 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:24 PM »

I don't have the book with me to be able to check, but I think there was a truck scene in the screen play.
"No More Beans"

"Beans 'bout all we got left"

"We got to do somethin' 'bout this food situation. Maybe I'll shoot one of the sheep"

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em"

Offline cybernaut

• Alma
« Reply #50 on: Apr 01, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Probably in about 10 years time, Focus (if they are still around by then) may release a "director's cut" including deleted scenes added into the movie rather have it on a separate feature.

But by then, it may end up in a big DVD bin at your local WalMart - if they still exist then....

However I am disappointed with the current version. It would be nice if they have more special features.
I'm saying a prayer of thanks... that you didn't bring your harmonica!

Offline Krispera

• Alma
  • krisp luvs you
« Reply #51 on: Apr 01, 2006, 11:04 AM »
The cover is ugly  Undecided!! The poster is 100x better

Offline JayWye

• Cassie
« Reply #52 on: Apr 01, 2006, 08:09 PM »

Yes, there was a chunk of the movie removed for some reason between the time Aguirre left the trailhead and the time the boys were saying goobye.  The goodbye scene was too abrupt.  The boys went from a fight, to coming down off the mountain not talking to back to being friendly and saying goodbye.  Something happened in between that we were not shown.

The screenplay didn't have anything between the trailhead scene and the next scene where Ennis and Jack were saying goodbye:

"The boys lean against the fence.

JOE AGUIRRE
      (comes over)
   Some of these never went up there with you.
     (pause, hard look)
   The count ain't what I'd hoped for, neither. 
   You ranch stiffs ain't never no good....

No response.

EXT:  SIGNAL, WYOMING:  STREET:  DAY:  1963:

Relentless wind.

JACK is in the cab of his old pickup, grinding the ignition.

ENNIS is under the hood, fiddling with the carburetor.

ENNIS
       Give it some gas.

Pickup sputters.

etc....

Regards,
   Jay

Offline Stephen

• Alma
« Reply #53 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:06 AM »
I just received my DVD and was surprised to see the movie poster cover is the whole cover! No print about any awards! just the slim band on top saying Focus Features.  And at the bottom, of course, the title, Brokeback Mountain. Did any one else receive this simple, classy version of a DVD cover?

cara1158

« Reply #54 on: Apr 05, 2006, 10:21 AM »
My current pet peeve about a lot of DVDs but especially BBM...  I opened the box and there's the disc and... that's it... not a single scrap of paper, nothing other than the movie.  Like they didn't care enough to give us a table of contents, or photos, or anything.  It's so disappointing.  Of course, like another poster mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm not gonna spend my time staring at the box anyhow... but I always feel somewhat gypped when I get the disc and nothing more.  Jeez.

Offline Stephen

• Alma
« Reply #55 on: Apr 05, 2006, 10:27 AM »
A good point! Most of my other DVDc and CDs include inside brochures with added info. table of contents, scene numbers etc.  I guess Focus Features thought the disc was enough, and speaks for itself!

Offline _____ghostrider

• I wish I knew how to quit you...
  • Alma Jr.
  • //Jack Twist!!
« Reply #56 on: Apr 05, 2006, 01:16 PM »
I don't like the cover - reminds me of those bargain bin releases of 20-year old movies.

And, yes, they could have been more creative with the awards banner

British ACADEMY of film and television arts AWARD - BEST PICTURE  ;)

I hope the UK cover is better...

AGREED.  I hate the cover.
I don't want to feel this way forever
A dead letter marked
"Return to sender"

Offline bram

• Jack
« Reply #57 on: Apr 05, 2006, 01:24 PM »
It does look very "Wal-Mart's $5.50 bin."

Offline gambrinus

• Alma Jr.
  • Gone, but never forgotten
« Reply #58 on: Apr 05, 2006, 03:25 PM »
The UK cover is better. And at least it boasts its BAFTA best film win.

Sorry, I could only find a small pic of it...
Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Misery (all he had) a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #59 on: Apr 05, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Definitely the UK cover is better. Thanks gambrinus for posting it.

Maybe I should order a UK copy too just for the cover. I don't like the US one.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed