Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1738305 times)

Offline rlh03

• Lureen
  • Just keep on climbing Brokeback Mountain!
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4020 on: Aug 17, 2008, 11:23 PM »
I am here, dear Brokies, I know I appear once in a while and cry here desperately maybe ruining your acceptance.
I thought I was OK about his passing, but I am not. I am maybe at odds with higher power but I feel like I will never make peace with his death.

Anybody feel it like I do?
A little bit.  Sometimes it sneaks up on me and I have what I firfst think is a fleeting thought, but then the tears come and the same heartache is there.  I think it was flwrchild that told me some time ago that these feelings of BBM and Heath and Ennis and Jack would be with me for a long time.  She was so right.  But I think we will both eventually make peace, the heartache will diminish hopefully to the point that we can remember and smile and just say we miss you.  Maybe.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4021 on: Aug 18, 2008, 02:12 AM »
:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: to everyone

I understand how you all feel. Sometimes you just want to dissapear and not feel the pain and I don't know if that will ever change. In a way I hope it does because I'm tired of crying, I'm tired of feeling empty, I'm tired of feeling like someone just ripped my heart out. But why do I feel this way? I think its because Heath mean so much to me and if these feelings started to go away is that a sign that I don't care as much about his as I once did?
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4022 on: Aug 18, 2008, 05:40 AM »
I think it's a human defence mechanism, that allows you to put things behind you and move on, because life has to go on. Grief is a process. Even if you never forget, the sharp pain fades after some time, it's just the way human nature works. But it takes different time for different people, that's something you can't control.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4023 on: Aug 18, 2008, 09:09 AM »
I agree with Keren. Letting the more intense grief go doesn't mean you don't care. It's just part of the healing process. And the timeline for healing is as individual for each of us as we are individual ourselves. I don't think there will ever be a time when certain images or the sound of his voice in a particular interview or movie won't have the power to bring a tear to my eye, but I do think that with time, that jagged pain goes away and leaves a melancholy smile in its place.

I will always be grateful to have been a part of the time he was here and shining so bright, and I will always be grateful for knowing all of you. :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4024 on: Aug 18, 2008, 10:48 PM »
:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: to everyone

I understand how you all feel. Sometimes you just want to dissapear and not feel the pain and I don't know if that will ever change. In a way I hope it does because I'm tired of crying, I'm tired of feeling empty, I'm tired of feeling like someone just ripped my heart out. But why do I feel this way? I think its because Heath mean so much to me and if these feelings started to go away is that a sign that I don't care as much about his as I once did?

:ghug: Emzan  :ghug: It will get better, not because we don't care as much as before.

For me, the pain and anguish of losing Heath was like losing hope and dreams, almost turning to despair. The friendships and support in the forum helped me to realize that death is just a horizon from our point of view, and there is more beyond when the time comes. Meanwhile, our hopes and dreams carry on, especially the hopes and dreams attached to the people we miss...because they are honored and remembered through our struggle to change our stars, making our hopes and dreams come true.

The pain will go away, because we learn that, life is bittersweet, and after the bitterness, we can savor the sweetness, because that's what Heath always wanted for the people in his life.  :ghug: :^^)
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Ranchand1

• Lureen
  • whut
« Reply #4025 on: Aug 18, 2008, 11:09 PM »
     Darned if that doesn't bring a tear to my eye.

Well said Lancecowboy...

Although someone will run up every once in a while and rip the scab off and poke at the wound with a sharp stick.   

"Old Brokeback got us good.  And it sure ain't over"
huh..

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4026 on: Aug 18, 2008, 11:16 PM »
Fortunately, when that happens, we can always come here and find a shoulder to lean on.  :ghug:

And I believe in what a character in Latter Days said - we really do have an inherent ability to heal.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4027 on: Aug 18, 2008, 11:22 PM »
Fortunately, when that happens, we can always come here and find a shoulder to lean on.  :ghug:

And I believe in what a character in Latter Days said - we really do have an inherent ability to heal.

Yup. I love that movie, and Lila.

If anyone wants to watch it, I found some links to watch it on youtube. Just PM me, and I will send you the URL.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4028 on: Aug 20, 2008, 12:35 AM »
I agree with Keren. Letting the more intense grief go doesn't mean you don't care. It's just part of the healing process. And the timeline for healing is as individual for each of us as we are individual ourselves. I don't think there will ever be a time when certain images or the sound of his voice in a particular interview or movie won't have the power to bring a tear to my eye, but I do think that with time, that jagged pain goes away and leaves a melancholy smile in its place.

I will always be grateful to have been a part of the time he was here and shining so bright, and I will always be grateful for knowing all of you. :ghug:

This is so true.  BBM was so extraordinary on so many levels, not the least of which was to have Heath be a part of our lives "when he was shining so bright."  I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  But I sure am not reconciled to his being gone...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #4029 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:07 AM »
i'm mixing threads here a bit but..

i am going to see TDK tonight, it's premiere all over mitteleuropa. ok about that. but..

i wnet into a shop this morning to get some breakfast.. and all over the place there were magazines and newspapers with THE JOKER as front title... ever so many, it was impressive..
and i stood there, looking around incredulous... and then i started to cry. just to see Heath's face all around, joker or not... it was simply too much for me.  :\'(
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline Ranchand1

• Lureen
  • whut
« Reply #4030 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:29 AM »
    Mornin from the midwest tizi17

Its been the same here.  Hard to walk by the huge billboards and not get that lump in the throat.

Your gonna love it though.  Go see it.  Twice!

I look forward to read your responce when you return. 
huh..

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #4031 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:37 AM »
yes i will, thank you. it's just a pity it's in german.. but i will find the chance to see it in english..
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4032 on: Aug 22, 2008, 12:59 AM »
7 months already  :(

I can't believe it !
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4033 on: Aug 22, 2008, 01:06 AM »
7 months !  :\'(

I can't believe it !

It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4034 on: Aug 22, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Sometimes there are just no words.  :\'(

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4035 on: Aug 22, 2008, 08:08 AM »
Sometimes there are just no words.  :\'(

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4036 on: Aug 23, 2008, 10:40 AM »
http://wearethemasses.com/dedicationheath/index.html

Edit to add: This is a video that Heath's friends from The Masses made in his memory. It's amazingly beautiful and contains videos and photos that we've never seen before... prepare tissues.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2008, 11:45 AM by keren_b »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4037 on: Aug 23, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Oh Keren this is just beautiful. Its so moving to watch......you could just see how much he loved so many other things outside of acting, and how much he immersed himself in them.  He looked beautiful in the opening shot, and that voice.... <^( <^( <^( <^(

This is really beautiful tribute to a gorgeous and talented man.....sad and wonderful to watch....thanks so much for posting it.  :)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4038 on: Aug 23, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Amazing and beautiful. Thank you so much.  :ghug:

johntru9j

« Reply #4039 on: Aug 25, 2008, 10:33 PM »

Edit to add: This is a video that Heath's friends from The Masses made in his memory. It's amazingly beautiful and contains videos and photos that we've never seen before... prepare tissues.

*Picture edited by the moderating team in keeping with forum policy not to post any pictures of Matilda at all, out of deference to Heath and Michelle’s wishes to respect her privacy. Thank you for your understanding.*
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2008, 03:14 PM by FlwrChild »

Offline Ranchand1

• Lureen
  • whut
« Reply #4040 on: Aug 25, 2008, 11:05 PM »
    Couldnt get through  it dry eyed.

Id love to celebrate his life but its hard to get past the loss.

Thank you keren
huh..

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #4041 on: Aug 26, 2008, 11:17 AM »

*Picture edited by the moderating team in keeping with forum policy not to post any pictures of Matilda at all, out of deference to Heath and Michelle’s wishes to respect her privacy. Thank you for your understanding.*

and as i beelive this is not only a new amazing shot of heath but also the first non-pap pic of matilda!
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2008, 03:18 PM by FlwrChild »

babytammy7

« Reply #4042 on: Aug 26, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Heath looks so beautiful here!!  <^( <^( I love how bright his eyes are!!

Thank you so much for this Keren. It's really special and moving. I adore his voice and all those pics I've never seen.

Such a shame....

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #4043 on: Aug 26, 2008, 01:14 PM »

Wonderful picture of Heath  <^(

--------

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2008, 03:19 PM by FlwrChild »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4044 on: Aug 26, 2008, 01:20 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing this with us,Keren¡ :^^) It's another proof of Heath's immense talent,and also of the immensity of his loose.He had such a short life and,however,has leave a very deep influence in so many persons.What a pity¡. :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4045 on: Aug 26, 2008, 01:23 PM »

He seems such a responsible and loving father¡. His eyes speaks volumes here¡.Wonderful pic indeed... :\'(
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2008, 03:20 PM by FlwrChild »
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4046 on: Aug 26, 2008, 02:38 PM »

This picture is just so beautiful, and the expression of love in his eyes for Matilda is so clear..... :(
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2008, 03:27 PM by FlwrChild »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4047 on: Aug 26, 2008, 02:48 PM »
I already posted this on the Summer Olympics thread, but thought it would be nice to be posted here.

Someone posted this on their live journal.

Our young Australian team of Gymnasts have given a name to each of their leotards in a way of identifying them.  They have  the 'Sugar Glider', the 'Bush Fire', the 'Great Barrier Reef' amongst others. They also have one called 'Heath' in memory of him. “The top of the leotard has gold swirls on it, reminding us of Heath’s curly hair,” one of the gymnasts said.

Here's a picture of one of the Australian gymnasts performing at the Beijing olympics - wearing the leotard named in Heath's memory. 

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4048 on: Aug 26, 2008, 03:28 PM »
christie, what a beautiful way to honor him. <^( Thank you for posting that.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #4049 on: Aug 26, 2008, 04:22 PM »
thats a gorgeouse thing to do.