Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1732047 times)

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1500 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:01 PM »
To everyone, more  :ghug:  :ghug:

These videos and all the wonderful words and pictures you've posted have made me feel like we're all sitting together in a big circle, sharing pieces of ourselves. It sure is nice not to feel alone at this time. Thank you friends. :^^)

Thank you FC   I feel the same way.  I was alone when my parents died.  No one around to console me. But now I feel very happy to be here to lean on everyone.

thank you friends from me

Linda
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1501 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:29 PM »
    Thanks, FlowerChild. I do want to explain my post above, a little more.  There is, in this life we are given, the rational, the emotional, the spiritual,
and the metaphysical.  We know the first two well enough.  It's the last two where we can never really know, just yet, what is true and what isn't,
and yet anyone who says those last two are not basic parts of our existence, are in denial.  There's something there-we just don't know what.
   So to my basic belief, that all four are mixed together in the loss of Heath.  It is true, he wanted his privacy.  But please remember, I spotted
those terrible photos from London and freaked out, and now we know he had the flu, and a terrible sleep disorder.  And so my basic belief is that,
towards the end, there was a conflict in that he finally was reaching out, signalling that things were not right, and yet didn't know exactly how
to do this, because, above all else, he was one who wanted happiness in others.  I think then, he would be OK with those who move on and heal
up, because he would want that for them, but, because of the duality of his nature, he would also want some to walk with him in those hurts,
through those lonely nights in N. Y.  He would want both.  So we are all just fine as to how we respond, but should respect there was something
in him that needed both responses.  Let's do that.  Let's give him both, as we are, ourselves, made, and respect each others ways as fulfilling
that dual need he had.
   Finally, on the metaphysical, who is to say they know exactly what this life is and what is on the other side, if anything?  It is not impossible
people were meant to cross paths, for there could be a limited, extended family on the other side.  You can't prove there is, or that there isn't.
But, please note, Heath set out on a journey when he was very young, perhaps to find himself, maybe to find even more love, for he was a gentle,
loving man, free from malice or spite (so very rare).  No one can rule out that he needed more, and that more, was us.
  Don't ever rule it out--we really were family.  And therefore, the hell with the rational, that we never met.  Yes.....we did.

Offline JAKELANDIA

• Jack
  • Tus palabras suenan como susurros en las montañas
« Reply #1502 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:32 PM »

Offline Aurora

• Alma
« Reply #1503 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:38 PM »

wow jakelandia, that's really elegant! I like it a lot.

Offline JAKELANDIA

• Jack
  • Tus palabras suenan como susurros en las montañas
« Reply #1504 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:49 PM »
wow jakelandia, that's really elegant! I like it a lot.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1505 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Beautiful pictures JAKELANDIA. :)

Tony, your response blew me away. And not just because it's beautifully expressed, which it is, but because LJN and I were just exchanging e-mails touching on the same theme. Isn't it something that our hearts are looking to the same place at this time?  ^f^
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #1506 on: Jan 29, 2008, 03:01 PM »
JAKELANDIA,it´s as wonderful as Heath deserves, and as wonderful as he was... :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1507 on: Jan 29, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Tony - I feel EXACTLY the same way you do. I'm annoyed that there isn't anymore news about him. As if, he's forgotten.
Even my DH got me angry.  He told me I was obsessing...he said soon "no one will remember him.  He'll just be a name."  That got me really upset. I WOULD remember him.  I knew what he was trying to say - life goes on, he will just be a story to future generations but that just stung. Heath got cheated out of a lot I think.  I'm mad about that. And because I don't know any answers.......I'm mad .  I'm mad at the unfairness of this. I'm mad at the lady who found him and didn't call 911 right away. I'm mad he took so many kinds of meds, I'm mad he didn't have more rest. I'm mad he didn't spend the holidays with his daughter or any other day lately.  And the list goes on. I know this is part of the process but still......you know.

So that along with my sorrow for him and his family is not a nice combo to be feeling. 

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1508 on: Jan 29, 2008, 05:38 PM »
So that along with my sorrow for him and his family is not a nice combo to be feeling. 
I hear you... :ghug:
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1509 on: Jan 29, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. You all have made it possible and thank you for your heartfelt messages. I wish I can be by you, give you hugs and shed tears for our sorrow and respect.  :ghug: :ghug:

Really,if we met this summer,I won't know what to do to correspond to all this affection and feeling; and I'm not speaking in terms of money,gifts or all this,but in terms of FEELINGS.I really won't know because everything is less for you. :ghug:

myprivatejack, the best gift would be just the pleasure of meeting you:ghug:
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

babytammy7

« Reply #1510 on: Jan 29, 2008, 05:53 PM »
     But, please note, Heath set out on a journey when he was very young, perhaps to find himself, maybe to find even more love, for he was a gentle,
loving man, free from malice or spite (so very rare).  No one can rule out that he needed more, and that more, was us.
  Don't ever rule it out--we really were family.  And therefore, the hell with the rational, that we never met. Yes.....we did.

You amazes me Tony. What you've written is utterly beautiful and moving. You got me in tears, friend. I know so well your pain, 'cause it's mine too. You was not a fan, Heath was not a movie star. Both were just friends. I remember that post you wrote, saying that you was a little bit disappointed 'cause Heath seemed to act like a super star sometimes and you didn't like that.....You've always thought that he was a humble, loving, fine man, so that Heath's behavior made you sad.
But now, friend, in these terrible days of bitterness you just found out that your friend Heath was even more gentle, tender, sweet and free spirit than you've ever thought before. And I know what kind of wound is in your heart now, knowing not only that you lost a friend, but a sensitive, honest and amazing human being that you hadn't opportunity to know him better. And now that you know more about him.....he's just gone. That's life Tony; you, Ennis, like all of us finding the most precious treasures in the ones we love just when they are gone. So sad.....but I want to believe that some reason has to be there....I don't know...I only want to believe.

I know Heath and you would have been great friends. No. I bet Heath and you were great friends.

Love you Tony. I think of you everyday. We're on the same road. You missing a friend, me missing those dreams. Just Brokies.

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
  • Ennis Del Mar is my hero
« Reply #1511 on: Jan 29, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Heath Ledger the man is gone, not to return.  Heath Ledger’s soul lives on in the thousands, nay millions, of souls whose lives he transformed and will yet transform in ways immeasurable.

His work here was done, and by whatever providence controls such events, his talent was needed elsewhere to continue his work and practice his craft.

Like the miracle of Ennis meeting Jack, we should rejoice, not in the fact that he is gone, but in the fact that he came here at all, at this time, in this place, during our lives, to complete the work he so masterfully achieved.

G'bye Mate.  You Changed Everything.

FANTASTIC POST ... and such a grief-filled photo.  Who knew then when it was taken that it'd be seen as it is today? 
Ennis Del Mar is my hero!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1512 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:02 PM »

My candle for Heat  :\'( :ghug:

Thank you, Audrey twist. It is beautiful.

Baby Tammy, what a wonderful thought. Thanks!

We are in grief because we have lost one dear friend who has brought us so much. It doesn't matter how and why because he isn't going anywhere but in our hearts.  :ghug: :ghug:
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

babytammy7

« Reply #1513 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Tony - I feel EXACTLY the same way you do. I'm annoyed that there isn't anymore news about him. As if, he's forgotten.
Even my DH got me angry.  He told me I was obsessing...he said soon "no one will remember him.  He'll just be a name."  That got me really upset. I WOULD remember him.  I knew what he was trying to say - life goes on, he will just be a story to future generations but that just stung. Heath got cheated out of a lot I think.  I'm mad about that. And because I don't know any answers.......I'm mad .  I'm mad at the unfairness of this. I'm mad at the lady who found him and didn't call 911 right away. I'm mad he took so many kinds of meds, I'm mad he didn't have more rest. I'm mad he didn't spend the holidays with his daughter or any other day lately.  And the list goes on. I know this is part of the process but still......you know.

That's so wrong..... :\'(  :\'(

I'll remember him 'cause he's not just a name and he never will. I watched BBM two years ago and still there's no week that I don't cry for Jack Twist, and there's no day that I don't feel miserable for Ennis being alone and sad. If, after two years, I keep aching for two fiction characters, how am I supposed to forget Heath who was a real person? How is a so sweet, loving, wonderful, honest, amazing fine man supposed to be just a name? NO WAY!!! One thing is to try to recover and go on, and other stupid thing is to say that no one will remember him. Just listen to me: He was, he is the reason I had to keep dreaming; he embodies my little tiny world I had to fight for. So there's no way I can forget one of my reasons to believe, to believe in human beings and love; just TO BELIEVE!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008, 06:19 PM by Baby Tammy »

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
« Reply #1514 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:14 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place for this ...

I've been considering why it is that the death of an actor has affect US so much ... for me I know exactly, and maybe some of you feel the same.  It's because when Ennis learns that Jack is dead, a part of him died too.  We didn't want that for him.  We all fell in love with Ennis (ok, I fell in love with Ennis), and we wanted him to be happy.  He knew what love was; he asked Alma, jr, if Kurt really loved her.  Check the look in Ledger's ... I mean Ennis' ... eyes when he asks that.  It's chilling.

In my crazy wild imagination, I wanted Ennis to find the right man to settle down with, move away from there, and have a wonderful, free, honest, happy life.

And now that dream is gone.  The man who brought Ennis del Mar to life is gone.  With Heath Ledger's death, Ennis died too.

I know, Ennis will always be alive in our hearts.  And believe me, the thought of catching Ennis del Mar in his white pick-up truck has made my blood race more than once!

I think it's the enormous sense of loss not only at the death of this young promising actor with a HUGE career ahead of him, but the fact that, at least on film, and as a story told out loud, the final chapter has been written.

It makes me sad.  And every time I think of this deep sadness, I hear those lonely guitar tones.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1515 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:28 PM »
  Dear Ethan- Your saying "he isn't going anywhere but in our hearts" is what will heal us all, in this forum, no matter what approach we have to
grieving, for that statement unites us in our differing beliefs and where to go from here.  It covers the territory - leaving room for each of us.
    BabyTammy- You got me to weeping again, for a minute.  I have rarely wept in my life---but this last week I gave up on being strong, and
I have wept whenever I damn well felt like it.  Another gift from Heath, then, the gift of freedom to let your own heart finally speak.

Offline lamusica

• Ennis
« Reply #1516 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:39 PM »

I think I understand where you are coming from, but I can't agree fully with your POV.  Many of us will never forget Heath Ledger.  He will not become just a name.  He is the embodiment of a man, an excellent actor, an intrigueing individual, a daring and talented, creative artist.  That's how I will remember him.  No, I was not his friend.  I have never met him.  I am not a relative.  I am a fan of his work and talent.  But, my life was touched by him in every film of his I've seen.  No one has taught me more -- about love (BBM), about our gay brothers and sisters and the difficulties they face in claiming their rightful place in society (BBM), about the life and emotions of an adict (Candy), about the dangers of extreme racial prejudice and its effect upon young people raised with it (Monster's Ball).  I cherish each of these films, realizing how brave he had to be to make them.
       I grieve for what will never be.  We'll never get to see his directorial debut of a major film, or another coup d'grace such as his role in BBM.
      As a man, I have great respect for him, including his foibles.  He was a human being who has graced my life.  I will miss him.
"Let's put a SSSSMILE on your faceeee!"

Offline josh_bob

• Cassie
« Reply #1517 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:06 PM »
im ubberly upset, havnt felt right for days now.
I am pretty sure I can not watch Brokeback Mountain anytime soon, but when I do, it will probably be th emost depressing 2 and a half hours of my life.

Huh...... wow, this is garbage...

:(

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
« Reply #1518 on: Jan 29, 2008, 08:56 PM »
I'm sorry for all of my dumb posts ... I live in a FreakShow (Jacksonville, Florida), and this is the only sane place I know.

So, I was doing pretty well ... until I saw the Newsletter (fabulous, by the way).  I scrolled down on my computer screen to all of the awards/nominations.

My eyes haven't been dry for at least 30 minutes ... my God, the Brokeback Mountain list ....

I'm sorry, fellow Brokies, but the Academy REALLY GOT IT WRONG in 2005/6 ... There is no WAY Heath Ledger should't have gotten Best Actor for his life-changing role.  I swear.

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1519 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Just for clarity please....it was NOT me who said "He'll  just be a name..."  It was my husband saying that to me in seeing how upset I have been this past week.  He point was not to make Heath (his life, his work) seem pointless. I'm very sorry if my post insinuated that in any way.  In fact my husband is probably one of the most optimistic, grounded person I have ever known.  In the 20 years I've known him, I've never once heard him speak ill of someone.

But he is confused why I am taking this so hard and can't understand why, in his eyes, I'm reacting so hard and having a hard time dealing with this Now he also didn't see BBM or many of his other movies.  I *think* what my DH is thinking is that ...while this story of this person is awful and tragic, life does move on. So don't dwell on it and move on.  - Of course, his delivery was a bit harsh and not quite right in my eyes.  But this is also coming from the man who, when I had a miscarriage - told me to relax, move on and life will take care of itself....He's a little guarded in his emotions and delivery I guess but the heart is always there...

Anyway it did get me upset to hear that comment about Heath b.c to me, I DON'T agree.  I try to understand what he means but it feels a little personal to me since Heath;s performance in BBM moved something in me and I've been different ever since (what a testament to Heath let me tell you!).  I'm not explaining it well but maybe you guys just understand.

So again - my apologies for any confusion. I just had to let it out somewhere how upset I am and clearly my husband is not the person to do that with. 

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1520 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:12 PM »
 :ghug: Masetane. It's hard for those not invested in this to understand such strong reaction and that is why I'm glad we've always had this place. We all understand and even though we'll all move on at our own paces, we all have this place to mourn freely.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1521 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Just for clarity please....it was NOT me who said "He'll  just be a name..."  It was my husband saying that to me in seeing how upset I have been this past week.  He point was not to make Heath (his life, his work) seem pointless. I'm very sorry if my post insinuated that in any way.  In fact my husband is probably one of the most optimistic, grounded person I have ever known.  In the 20 years I've known him, I've never once heard him speak ill of someone.

But he is confused why I am taking this so hard and can't understand why, in his eyes, I'm reacting so hard and having a hard time dealing with this Now he also didn't see BBM or many of his other movies.  I *think* what my DH is thinking is that ...while this story of this person is awful and tragic, life does move on. So don't dwell on it and move on.  - Of course, his delivery was a bit harsh and not quite right in my eyes.  But this is also coming from the man who, when I had a miscarriage - told me to relax, move on and life will take care of itself....He's a little guarded in his emotions and delivery I guess but the heart is always there...

Anyway it did get me upset to hear that comment about Heath b.c to me, I DON'T agree.  I try to understand what he means but it feels a little personal to me since Heath;s performance in BBM moved something in me and I've been different ever since (what a testament to Heath let me tell you!).  I'm not explaining it well but maybe you guys just understand.

So again - my apologies for any confusion. I just had to let it out somewhere how upset I am and clearly my husband is not the person to do that with. 

We do understand, and I think it was the same for a lot of us. What Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal did was more than just strap on a role for a few hours worth of screen time. They brought to life two characters so engaging, in a story so compelling, that for some, our lives were literally changed. Something dormant was reawakened, or new ideas were better understood, for some closed minds were opened. Whatever the personal experience, for those of us affected, of course Heath's death would hit on a personal level. And for those who were not so personally affected, it's hard to understand why we feel the way we do. Like LuvJackNasty, I'm very glad to have this place, and you friends, to share these feelings with. :)

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1522 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Yes, I think that's it. I just re-read my post and it's not coming out right what I want to say. Now I'm feeling badly that I've painted my husband badly b.c he's so sweet really. He just doesn't understand. And while it's a tragic, sad story to him.....he's moved on and it doesn't stick like a sword in his heart like me.   :\'(

So thanks for letting me vent, share odd feelings b.c I don't know where else to go with it....

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1523 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:25 PM »
You didn't paint him in a bad light.  :ghug: And that is what we are here for.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #1524 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Hi Brokies...

This forum, this board has seemed to became my new home. A place where I can let out any feelings or thoughts I am thinking, everyday, helping me grieve the death of our beloved Heath.
But today, I cannot believe, is a week later. A week since Heath's death, has it gone that quickly? I feel that he's died only yesterday. Around 4pm today, coming home from school, I said the Lords prayer and sent a kiss up to Heaven.
Monday night, seeing the Memorial video..I didn't expect Heath to be there, in the last moment, the screen when black and then, Heath's picture came up, I started to shake, I couldn't believe it...then, when DDL dedicated his speech to Heath. It made me smile but sadden me at the same time. I thank and respect DDL for his dedication, not many would take over a minute to pay tribute to an actor he'd never truly met. I have seen DDL in "My Left Foot" and I was amazed, I had no idea it was him. I am now certainly interested more in the acting he has done over the years.
Besides all this, I've been doing good, at times, just thinking about Heath, hoping that he's doing good up there. I'm sick of the tabloids that I see in the stores..and when my mom watches "TMZ" or "The Insider" how many fingers they are pointing on him, for being something I know in my heart, is not him. He was a good man, a good father...why now, would they dicuss all of the things he has done wrong? Let it be, let it be.

:ghug:
Lis
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1525 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:37 PM »
 :ghug: all.

Nicely said Lis. And I'm glad we can come here too. ^f^

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1526 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Hi Brokies...

how many fingers they are pointing on him, for being something I know in my heart, is not him. He was a good man, a good father...why now, would they dicuss all of the things he has done wrong? Let it be, let it be.

:ghug:
Lis

:ghug: Lis. I said a little prayer at 3:40- I wasn't at my desk right before that. Then at 4:43 pm I had a moment of silence and sent up another prayer. That was when I got the call last week. :\'( I'm glad we don't allow gossip here because I can't stand it. It makes me ill that some of these "news" stations/publications are only trying to make a buck off of someone else's grief by sensationalizing every little thing. I know, it happens everyday. Me, personally, I'm not curious about Jake's reaction or Michelle's reaction etc because quite simply it's not my business- they are private feelings by fellow human beings and I am in no way entitled to them and besides I think it's a safe bet how they are feeling and I don't need some newsperson telling me so. But that's me and what works for me doesn't work for someone else. You're right: Let be, let be. Let him rest in peace.  :\'( I didn't see the in memorium clip but I saw DDL's speech and it made me cry- so genuine, so from the heart.

I am glad you are doing okay  :ghug:

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1527 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:13 PM »
I too find it very admirable of DDL to dedicate an award to someone he didn't know either. Very classy.
Now I don't know too much about DDL but there seems something very genuine about him and seemed to have some sort of work/aritistry similarities as Heath perhaps.  I think DDL was right, they probably would  have been good friends...

I was really stunned with Entertainment Tonight and Insider - tonight in particular. I always thought they were a little classier than the other entertainment programs.  With their episodes tonight (and other presentations they did aside from Heath) - I found them to be very appalling, rude and even a bit silly.  I noticed it started to go downhill with the Anna Nicole stories. But gee,  when fans, an industry, A FAMILY is clearly grieving over the shock...why do they have to post such awful hearsay stories????  This whole celebrity thing has gotten out of hand and it truly saddens me that Heath is among it. 

Anyway, it left me very disheartened and not sure I'd like to watch that program anymore. I feel I am above that and so was Heath!! I too am not interested in  people's "reactions".  I was glad to read statements from the family - those were lovely.  Nothing else is really  my business either.

On a side note, sigh.... they said Heath's father was here in NY today and sighted near the condo. That brought some comfort to me. I had wondered who was going to go and get Heath's things since his family was far away.  I was worried it would land in crazy people's  hands.  And, I'm sure there are lots of things that Matilda would like to have one day.  When my father died, I walked all around his room and office looking at all his things. It was nice so I was hoping for that for Heath's family. AGain, another odd thought of mine....

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1528 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Nothing odd about that. I hope his family is doing ok too. I don't watch any of those entertainment shows. I think they've all become tabloid oriented. Of course, so has so much of the news in general. I remember when there was a better distinction between "news" and "entertainment". Meanwhile, it's enough for me to remember him and be able to share my feelings about him here with all of you. :)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1529 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Hey guys,

This is the first day I have felt positive at all since this happened.  But now I am ready to
take what Heath has given me and go out into the world with it. I want to be a better person and a more
courageous artist.  He has given so much and I want to spin that into something positive.  I feel it now.

This is so beatiful, toadily!  I felt that way when my sister died, many years ago -- that I had to carry on for her, take her wonderful quirks and keep putting them out in the world.  If we can be even a fraction of what Heath was, and express it in the world, then we honor him...

I am excited for your excitement!  I can't say I exactly feel the same, but I'll tell you, I'm  not sweating the small stuff much if at all, the past week.  It is time to be our bests, whatever that may be.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.