Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1738133 times)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1350 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:32 PM »

[...]
If I was weak, forgive me
but I was terrified
You brushed my eyes with angels wings
full of love,
the kind that makes devils cry

So these days
my life has changed
and I'll be fine,
but she just sits and counts the hours
searching for her crime

So what's the use of pressing palms
if you won't keep such love from harm
It's a cruel world
you've so much to prove,
and heaven help the ones
who wait for you

YOU HAVE BEEN LOVED ... by George Michael
Thank you roco. I am reminded of his love, and our responsibilities for one another.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline nspat

• Cassie
« Reply #1351 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:49 PM »
my heart hurts Heath, my eyes are tearful; I miss you so much;
I cannot explain this pain to anyone; it's wrapped up in my daily routine;
May God keep you in love and may your spirit soar high and live in us

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
  • Gone too soon, but never forgotten.
« Reply #1352 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:02 PM »
I hope someone youtubes the SAG awards from tonight.

Daniel Day Lewis just won the award for best actor and his acceptance speech was a moving tribute to Heath.  He spoke of Heath's performances in Monster's Ball and Brokeback Mountain, saying the scene in the end of BBM, in the trailer, was one of the most perfect he'd ever seen. 

You could feel the emotion in the room, the solemn attention to DDL's words and the applause at the mention of Heath's work, especially when BBM was mentioned.

DDL dedicated his win to him.  I'm beyond touched and now a fan of DDL's for life.  A very generous and gracious man. 
"Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan".
My hovercraft is full of eels.

“I miss you,” Jack whispered. “I miss you.” He felt loved. He felt heard. Shades of Grey by MidwestGirl

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1353 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Thanks for that Missy  :ghug: That made be both tear up and smile.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline jerasjr

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1354 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:12 PM »
 :clap: The moderators should be recognized for the newsletter  :clap:
"A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1355 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:13 PM »
God, I love him. <^( What a wonderful man. I was moved to tears by his conversation with Oprah, and now this. I hope it makes youtube too. I'd love to see that.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1356 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:22 PM »

Yes!  It is so perfect, and I'm going to print it.  <^(

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1357 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:23 PM »
I hope someone youtubes the SAG awards from tonight.

Daniel Day Lewis just won the award for best actor and his acceptance speech was a moving tribute to Heath.  He spoke of Heath's performances in Monster's Ball and Brokeback Mountain, saying the scene in the end of BBM, in the trailer, was one of the most perfect he'd ever seen. 

You could feel the emotion in the room, the solemn attention to DDL's words and the applause at the mention of Heath's work, especially when BBM was mentioned.

DDL dedicated his win to him.  I'm beyond touched and now a fan of DDL's for life.  A very generous and gracious man. 

It's only 7:20 here, so I've not seen this.  But I will turn on the awards this evening.  That was DDL's personal tribute to Heath, but there will be another one?  I love DDL for life now, too.  Someone who truly recognized how special was Heath, even without personally knowing him.  Like us.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline MississaugaRed

• Jack + Ennis
  • Gone too soon, but never forgotten.
« Reply #1358 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Absolutely.   ^f^  Thank you, Mods .. I teared up reading it, and will print a copy tomorrow.  What a difficult job it must have been to put that together.  Beautifully done.  :(
"Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan".
My hovercraft is full of eels.

“I miss you,” Jack whispered. “I miss you.” He felt loved. He felt heard. Shades of Grey by MidwestGirl

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1359 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Hello friends. It's hard for me to be on just now. I'm really not doing very well with all of this. But DDL's acceptance speech was incredible. I can't stop crying for it. But then, if I don't have a deversion like work or soemthing else, I don't seem to be able to stop crying. It will end I know, but......................
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1360 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Hello friends. It's hard for me to be on just now. I'm really not doing very well with all of this. But DDL's acceptance speech was incredible. I can't stop crying for it. But then, if I don't have a deversion like work or soemthing else, I don't seem to be able to stop crying. It will end I know, but......................

Come here, both shoulders are available and pretty much trained  :ghug:
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline SisterMadly

• Cassie
« Reply #1361 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Daniel Day Lewis was FANTASTIC tonight. He gave the tribute to Heath that I was praying to hear tonight.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1362 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:37 PM »

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

roconner

« Reply #1363 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:38 PM »

Heaven has one more TREASURE .... and the world is a colder, darker place!

Offline believer

• Alma
« Reply #1364 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:43 PM »
DDL's tribute was wonderful.  Ryan Gosling also talked about Heath on E's red carpet and wore a black ribbon on his suit in honor of Heath.  Two peers who never worked with him, but respected him for his work.  It's a beautiful thing.  DDL just stunned me.  I have tremendous respect for him, his words were so genuine and touching.

Offline ginal

• Cassie
« Reply #1365 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Daniel Day-Lewis is so ******' awesome.  I only watched the SAGs to see what they would say about Heath and when I saw DDL get up there and heard him speaking kind of slowly, I knew he was going to say something about Heath and I thought he was struggling with his emotions.  I know DDL didn't know him, but most of us didn't know Heath either.  His speech brought tears to my eyes.  I cannot believe how much this actor's death is affecting me.  WHY.  I've never really cared about an actor dying, I mean, I'm not being cold but it's never really personally affected me.  Then again, I can't think of a movie that has affected me like BBM.  I just saw 10 things and Candy for the first time over the weekend and Heath is so funny and sweet in those movies.  Actors are lucky, aren't they, because they live on in movies.  He'll always be young and beautiful. 

DDL is WONDERFUL.  I've always admired his acting and he seems like a sensitive soul too.  What a lovely gesture, really lovely.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1366 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Absolutely  <^(!!!!
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1367 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Heaven has one more TREASURE .... and the world is a colder, darker place!
Beautiful!!  ^f^
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #1368 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Absolutely  <^(!!!!
I second that, You made this Newsletter so memorable, thank from the depth of my heart :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^) :^^)
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1369 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:29 PM »
Here's to Daniel Day-Lewis, such a great human being, and to our fantastic moderators.   :cr)  The news letter was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful man.    &**)
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline darrel_rivers

• Cassie
« Reply #1370 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:34 PM »
I remembered that night,22 January 2008. i was reading MadLori's Two Crows Joy when i fell into a sleep.
(excuse my English,i'm an indonesian).
it was when Jack told Ennis that he'll leave to take care of his sick mother in Lightning Flat.Jack said
"i'll fu**in miss you,ennis", and ennis replied "me too darling,me too".i read it over and over again before i fell
into a sleep and the very morning of the day after i received a message from a friend that said Heath has gone,i felt agry. Angry was all i felt that time. why him? why dont this guy or that guy or anybody but him?
my heath?My darlin ennis?
it took alot of time,a lot of thoughts to realize,to deal with the idea,that he wasnt that far.
He's gonejust to be closer to me cause now he's in my heart.
everytime i look into the sky i asked him ." you happy now Heath,you Ok up there?"
and i can almost see him smiled and that heal me for sure. i pray for him everyday.To ask Dear Lord to take
care of him for he always take care of me through Ennis.
Sleep tigh cowboy, you'll be saved in our heart for ever.
thanks for everything. you'll always be loved/
Hugs to all brokie.
We will always have Ennis and Jack!!!

oh where,oh where,can my baby be?
The Lord took him away from me
He's gone to heaven so i got to be good
so i can see my baby when i leave this world

--Pearl Jam - Last Kiss--

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1371 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:53 PM »

Then, we went to Notre Dame de Paris to light up candels for Heath. It was unseasy because of the wind, but we managed to find a good place just in front of the cathedral and suddenly the wind stopped.
It was so beautiful, we were standing up silently, in front of the candels, thinking about Heath, thanking him.
No need to hide pain, no need to explain, we huged and talked about him. It was a big relief doing it. I feel much better now. Finally we went off, letting Notre Dame take care of the tiny flames glowing in the dark...

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: 

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1372 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:04 AM »
Someone posted on YouTube...Just to see Heath smiling....  <^(   sigh...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m4EohAc4OLw

Offline ninisin

• Cassie
« Reply #1373 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:28 AM »
There's not much else I can say other than the fact that I can't stop crying. Just two weeks before Heath's passing, I got a tattoo of a Brokeback scene on the side of my ribcage. I had waited two years until I found just the right one. Furthermore, one of my best friends stippled a canvas picture of Heath as the Joker for me last Christmas. Then, January 22nd, minutes before I found out, my friend and I were chatting about Heath and how excited I am to go see his new movie. Then my best friend called me at work and told me the news. I was upset that my friend would joke about something like that. She told me she wasn't joking, and that Heath Ledger had passed. A part of me can't help but think that when I love someone so much, they are always taken away. All in all, I feel like everything adds up for some srtange reason. Why did I get the tattoo two weeks prior. Why had my friend stippled his picture for me in eight hours. Why had my other friend and I been talking in depth just before I found out. I feel there's a reason. I sence there is something more. It can't just end. Sometimes I think I'm going to wake up. Sometimes I think it's a publicity stunt. I don't want to be Ennis Del Mar in his trailer. Alone. For the rest of his life. I don't want to be sad anymore, but damn it, I can't help it. I miss you Heath. We never met, but on a different level, "we was good friends."
~Henry
I burn the unworthy. I am looking for companionship not self-abandonment. I still cannot see the glow. I am independent. I am a composer of script. I draw outside the lines while thinking outside the box. I am idealistic about being realistic. I am compassionate about being passionate. I prefer candlelight in the night. I can't help falling. I am not a test drive nor a free ride. I easily let go of negative influences. There's so much more. Anything else, ask.

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #1374 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:46 AM »
There's not much else I can say other than the fact that I can't stop crying. Just two weeks before Heath's passing, I got a tattoo of a Brokeback scene on the side of my ribcage. I had waited two years until I found just the right one. Furthermore, one of my best friends stippled a canvas picture of Heath as the Joker for me last Christmas. Then, January 22nd, minutes before I found out, my friend and I were chatting about Heath and how excited I am to go see his new movie. Then my best friend called me at work and told me the news. I was upset that my friend would joke about something like that. She told me she wasn't joking, and that Heath Ledger had passed. A part of me can't help but think that when I love someone so much, they are always taken away. All in all, I feel like everything adds up for some srtange reason. Why did I get the tattoo two weeks prior. Why had my friend stippled his picture for me in eight hours. Why had my other friend and I been talking in depth just before I found out. I feel there's a reason. I sence there is something more. It can't just end. Sometimes I think I'm going to wake up. Sometimes I think it's a publicity stunt. I don't want to be Ennis Del Mar in his trailer. Alone. For the rest of his life. I don't want to be sad anymore, but damn it, I can't help it. I miss you Heath. We never met, but on a different level, "we was good friends."
~Henry
That was touching.
I truly wish you the best.  :ghug:
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline Kemmer

• Ennis
  • Ennis and Jack and The Mountain changed me forever
« Reply #1375 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:55 AM »
Absolutely  <^(!!!!

Another applauding and grateful Brokie for that outstand memorial/newsletter! O0
Tell ya what...truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #1376 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:56 AM »
Pardon me, I'm in tears. I did just see Daniel Day's tribute to Heath on the SAG awards. I am going to be late to work, so I'm going to make this quick. I made a fanvid. I'm sorry this might not be in the exactly right spot, but to me, we all have our own tributes. Please, if you have a few minutes watch this. Thank you. God bless.

God bless you, Heath.  :\'(  ^f^
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1377 on: Jan 28, 2008, 01:01 AM »
I'm in tears right now also, having just deen DDL's tribute to Heath...

kathy
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008, 01:08 AM by ksxks »

Offline Hilary

• Alma Jr.
  • R.I.P. Heath Ledger
« Reply #1378 on: Jan 28, 2008, 01:15 AM »
i'm still waiting to hear that its all a joke.  this just can't be.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2008, 01:52 AM by Hilary »
Rest In Peace Dear Heath.

Offline msmare

• Cassie
« Reply #1379 on: Jan 28, 2008, 01:16 AM »
Orangetruck,

Your video was beautiful. That song always gets to me and your words at the end....very very touching.