Author Topic: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*  (Read 174607 times)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
Re: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*
« Reply #180 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:32 PM »
I sent them this letter:

Greetings.

A review posted on Amazon.com for the Collectors Edition of BBM (slated to be available on January 2007) has alerted me and many fans on the deficiencies of the said edition.  Specifically, it seems that there is very little additional material relative to the original DVD release. Also, no deleted scenes are included, and no commentary is available.

I urge you to address these deficiencies if there is yet time.  I, for one, would be greatly disappointed if the Amazon review turns out to be accurate.

I have loved and enjoyed this film from the onset -- loved it enough to spend about 7000.00 USD on BBM-related material and on original film props at the various auctions. This film has attracted a faithful and very discerning following.  I trust that you will not disappoint us.

Thanks for this, Thomas, because I didn't want to email Universal until I knew exactly what the "deficiencies" are.  All our posts were flying fast and furiously, and I didn't quite get what was on the new edition, supposedly, compared with what was on the original one.  So thanks.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #181 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:39 PM »
kathy, I suspect that the reviewer is telling the truth.  If he/she is a liar, then we should at least alert Universal about an inaccurate review that could harm sales.

I think they should know by now that BBM fans don't like second-best.

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
« Reply #182 on: Nov 15, 2006, 01:42 PM »
I sent them this letter:

Thanks TPE!
Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #183 on: Nov 15, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Just received this reply from Universal:

Dear Kristin,

Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Home Entertainment.  We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality and customer care.

We value all input from our customers, and your comments regarding our upcoming "Brokeback Mountain," Collector's Edition DVD release will be forwarded to the appropriate department.

Again, thank you.  We appreciate your interest and your input, and we hope that you will enjoy future Universal releases.

Sincerely,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #184 on: Nov 15, 2006, 03:32 PM »
carbyville, I received the exact same reply just now...

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #185 on: Nov 15, 2006, 04:14 PM »

Canned response. We could have guessed that. We'll see if anything is actually done, I guess.

• Ennis
« Reply #186 on: Nov 15, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Lets hope the message gets through. As BBM consumers we are more than happy to part with money to get good quality BBM products.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #187 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:03 PM »
Canned response. We could have guessed that. We'll see if anything is actually done, I guess.

Yup, typical customer service copy and paste bullsh*t.  Instead of ordering it, I'll purchase it at a store so I could read the stuff on the cover.  Collection pictures and postcards I have already loads of them so I could pass.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline mrsean

• Cassie
« Reply #188 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:29 PM »

I got that message too today.

Let's keep the pressure up on them folks  Please contact Universal ASAP using the link below!  &**)

http://www.universalstudios.com/homepage/html/contact_us/contact_form.cgi?email_id=10

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #189 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Thanks Saul and : carbyville.

I haven't gotten my canned response yet.  ;)

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #190 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Thanks Saul and : carbyville.

I haven't gotten my canned response yet.  ;)

There is still hope

Maybe a petition is in order or something to that effect?

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #191 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:37 PM »
If they get bombarded with so many comments, they may relent -- else, they will prepare a Collector's Collector's Edition...

• Ennis
« Reply #192 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:43 PM »
If they get bombarded with so many comments, they may relent -- else, they will prepare a Collector's Collector's Edition...

I'll write somthing tomorrow. I need to think up the right wording. I am in on this campaign.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #193 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:57 PM »

That's my outlook, too. Number one priority is sales, can't deny that. If they get enough concerned emails from fans stating they are disappointed with their product and will not be buying it, it is very possible that they will look to redeem themselves. We just need to keep at it one way or another, perhaps by sending follow up emails asking for the status of our inquiries or something like that. Don't let them forget about us!

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #194 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Give them an earful, Saul!

carbyville., I do think the canned response has a positive side to it.  They must have gotten so much email about this that it required a canned message!!!!!  :)

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #195 on: Nov 15, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Give them an earful, Saul!

carbyville., I do think the canned response has a positive side to it.  They must have gotten so much email about this that it required a canned message!!!!!  :)

Precisely! It's a step ahead, no doubt about it but like you said we need enough ammo to make them relent before they think WE have. I am going to give it a little while and see if there are any developments and then I am going to re-email them asking if anything is being done. Stating that I'd like to know because I really do not plan on buying a product I am already unhappy with.

Yes, I am going with the "pain in the a$$ approach" ;)

Offline jesseanne21

• Jack + Ennis
  • Never enough time, never enough
« Reply #196 on: Nov 15, 2006, 06:08 PM »

That's my outlook, too. Number one priority is sales, can't deny that. If they get enough concerned emails from fans stating they are disappointed with their product and will not be buying it, it is very possible that they will look to redeem themselves. We just need to keep at it one way or another, perhaps by sending follow up emails asking for the status of our inquiries or something like that. Don't let them forget about us!

Not to be a fly in the ointment....on the forum we are true BBM fans, but a lot of people have not seen BBM (many more people HAVE NOT seen BBM than have seen it).  I personally know a lot of people who wouldn't go to the movie theater or even rent BBM. 

BBM has been on Pay-Per-View in the States, now, however, in the States, BBM will be shown on regular cable television by the end of this year.  A lot of people who wouldn't see the movie in the theater will now be able to watch it in the comfort/privacy of their homes without anyone knowing.  And, A LOT of new BBM fans will be born.  I think that those are the ones that the Collector's DVD will be targeting.

One good thing will come from BBM being on regular cable and the release of the new Collector's DVD, MORE new people will find this forum.
[they were] both high school dropout country boys with no prospects, brought up to hard work and privation, both rough-mannered, rough-spoken, inured to the stoic life.   

(BBM short story)

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #197 on: Nov 15, 2006, 06:20 PM »

Not to be a fly in the ointment....on the forum we are true BBM fans, but a lot of people have not seen BBM (many more people HAVE NOT seen BBM than have seen it).  I personally know a lot of people who wouldn't go to the movie theater or even rent BBM. 

BBM has been on Pay-Per-View in the States, now, however, in the States, BBM will be shown on regular cable television by the end of this year.  A lot of people who wouldn't see the movie in the theater will now be able to watch it in the comfort/privacy of their homes without anyone knowing.  And, A LOT of new BBM fans will be born.  I think that those are the ones that the Collector's DVD will be targeting.

One good thing will come from BBM being on regular cable and the release of the new Collector's DVD, MORE new people will find this forum.

I saw the regular edition in the store today for $13 US currency. If you take a new fan and show them both DVDs, one for $13 and one for maybe $10 more, odds are they're going to want to know why one costs more. If a new fan sees "Collector's Edition" they're going to expect collector's edition features. The package currently put together does not warrant the term "Collector's Edition".  "Deluxe" maybe, but certainly not Collector's.  Collector's editions are filled with hours of new footage, features, music, the works. Some even have alternate endings (not saying BBM should, just stating a point).

I think they only way that the Collector's Edition will sell is if they removed the regular edition from shelves and gave new BBM fans no choice but to purchase that one. People are still going to buy the Collector's Edition of course, but I do believe there will be many missed sales because of the lack of solid new features.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #198 on: Nov 15, 2006, 08:43 PM »
I just sent my email to them.  :)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

• Ennis
« Reply #199 on: Nov 16, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Today I heard that fans of Lord of the Rings (not my cup of tea) are getting a special DVD release with a whopping 4 1/2 hours of new material!

Now this is the business. Surely they could put something together for u BBM fans too.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #200 on: Nov 16, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Today I heard that fans of Lord of the Rings (not my cup of tea) are getting a special DVD release with a whopping 4 1/2 hours of new material!

Now this is the business. Surely they could put something together for u BBM fans too.

That is my point exactly, Saul.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #201 on: Nov 16, 2006, 06:19 PM »

whoo hoo!!! Totally off topic but  &**)

Now back to topic:

I got The same response from them- the subject line of the email was weird: RE: Brokeback Mountain Collector - Please rethink Inquiry # 61647 Please rethink what?  :s)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #202 on: Nov 16, 2006, 07:17 PM »

whoo hoo!!! Totally off topic but  &**)

Now back to topic:

I got The same response from them- the subject line of the email was weird: RE: Brokeback Mountain Collector - Please rethink Inquiry # 61647 Please rethink what?  :s)

The subject line on mine was "RE: Brokeback Mountian Coll Edition - meatier version   Inquiry # 61502"

Meatier, huh?  ;D

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #203 on: Nov 16, 2006, 07:20 PM »
mine says: RE: Brokeback Mountain Collector - Negative talk Inquiry # 61494

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #204 on: Nov 16, 2006, 07:32 PM »
mine says: RE: Brokeback Mountain Collector - Negative talk Inquiry # 61494

I should send them another one just to see what fortune cookie reply subject I get back.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #205 on: Nov 16, 2006, 08:19 PM »
I think they may be categorizing them- negative reaction to collectors editon; wants more; and mine may mean for them to rethink the edition they are putting out? I told them I already own 4 copies of the original and what I would like to see and even if they gave us deleted scenes now and different bonus features and later on decided to come out with an ultimate DVD or an extended edition of the film that the Brokie faithful would buy it. I also informed them that they missed the boat on not putting out merchandise for us to collect.  :)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #206 on: Nov 16, 2006, 11:23 PM »

I should send them another one just to see what fortune cookie reply subject I get back.

:8  :8

These are indeed bizarre.  When I read the first post, I thought maybe LJN had put that in her subject line and they were just repeating it in their response.  But then I read the other ones.  Someone is having fun summarizing our requests regarding this new edition.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #207 on: Nov 16, 2006, 11:26 PM »
I think they may be categorizing them- negative reaction to collectors editon; wants more; and mine may mean for them to rethink the edition they are putting out? I told them I already own 4 copies of the original and what I would like to see and even if they gave us deleted scenes now and different bonus features and later on decided to come out with an ultimate DVD or an extended edition of the film that the Brokie faithful would buy it. I also informed them that they missed the boat on not putting out merchandise for us to collect.  :)

And remember I was being happy that BBM wasn't a "collectibles" thing, since I went too overboard with Star Trek.  (Boy do those people know how to merchandize the hell out of the franchise and know that the fans are crazy with their money.)  I'm sure they just never imagined what a phenomenon it was going to be. 

I want Ennis and Jack action figures!  Removable clothes, posable.

kathy

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #208 on: Nov 16, 2006, 11:57 PM »
I was looking at the numbers from the subject lines. Is it possible they got 61,000+ messages? ;D I doubt it but if they started the numbering with 61 (perhaps for BBM?) and then added the number of the reply we are at over 600. Does that make any sense?  ;D

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #209 on: Nov 17, 2006, 12:10 AM »
I was looking at the numbers from the subject lines. Is it possible they got 61,000+ messages? ;D I doubt it but if they started the numbering with 61 (perhaps for BBM?) and then added the number of the reply we are at over 600. Does that make any sense?  ;D

Good point, I wonder how that numbering system works.  :s)